PDA

View Full Version : PSO or PSU?

LeonFlowenX
Nov 11, 2006, 10:08 AM
Which one do you like best?
PSO or PSU?

If PSO, please select the PSO version which is your favorite.

I personally love PSU... more to do, better graphics, more possibilities, etc., however...
I enjoyed PSO's battle system ALOT better... meseta gaining and leveling were a bit more enjoyable... it was a bit more laid back and simple...
Both have their ups and downs, and overall, I can't decide between PSU and PSOGC...

What do you people think?

Oh, and I accedently posted this in the Cheaters section... its the section im most active in you see...
If one of you Admins/MODs feel it should be moved, please do so as I myself see flaws in it being in the Cheaters section.

Nidramag
Nov 11, 2006, 10:22 AM
I own the GC version. I also have the DCver.2, but I didn't like how you dropped your weapon after death. I am WAY against PSU, I really hate it, and don't ask me about it either.

LeonFlowenX
Nov 11, 2006, 01:19 PM
Alot of topic making/posting going on in this section of the forums, so this is kinda like a bump...
Anyone else have any input?...

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 01:21 PM
I prefer PSU.. smoother playing, cooler characters (IMO), flashier moves, and more reasons...
I love PSO as well, but PSU just makes me happier^^

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 01:22 PM
Well I personally like PSO more, but it might change once PSU gets more content.

TheTasuke
Nov 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
How could you possibly like PSU more, Leon? You've gotten so used to hacking on PSO that whenever you're on PSU you sit there like an idiot, hoping things will get done for you. You're only like level 10, and you got it the day it came out.

AeraLure
Nov 11, 2006, 01:44 PM
Even after all the time on PSO, its my favorite by a very long shot. I'd return to it in a heartbeat if it was returned to active status (updates, quests, missions and another episode). This may change with future content from PSU, but PSU is pretty lackluster right now in comparison to my eye in terms of graphics and sound, level design, lack of button combo for attack variety - even given the nice room and character customization and the job classes, which I like about PSU.

Still, I'm here to stay in PSU (and I am enjoying it), since we wont be seeing PSO again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-11 10:44 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
you cant really say which is better till all the content is released, only like 25% of the game is online atm XD

tank1
Nov 11, 2006, 02:36 PM
PSU for me even though it barely has any content out i still think it blows PSO out of the water.

Edg3
Nov 11, 2006, 03:00 PM
PSO DC

It was free online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-11 12:00 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Nov 11, 2006, 03:01 PM
PSU all the way. It is refreshing, challenging, and everything else pso wasnt.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
Phantasy Star Universe did everything right that PSO did wrong. The only bad thing is the community of whining babies, which need their diapers changed.

Sinue_v2
Nov 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
I enjoyed the classics more myself. Always been a fan of Rieko & Tohru's designs (Skies of Arcadia was another amazing game), and the games themselves were exellent for their time. Phantasy Star IV was a classic on par with FFVI and CT, and PSII probably had one of the most tragic and masochistic endings to date in an RPG. Happy endings are ok... but every once in a while, I like seeing a tragedy. (Your party is generally assumed to have died trying to free Algol from an unseen tyranny - but in-so doing they doom 90% of the system's population to death. They go down in offical history as criminals and terrorists, not heroes)

Drayma
Nov 11, 2006, 06:59 PM
PSOx you don't have to pass the controller around for others to play. Only bad part was flowen's swords looked like shat in split screen and there was pop-up but that looked pretty cool in a way.

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 07:06 PM
Its tough to say at this time. I'm a visual person so if PSOep 1 and 2 had PSU's graphics I would say PSO epi1 and 2