PDA

View Full Version : Bosses seem lackluster compared to PSO to you?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 11, 2006, 10:54 AM
They sure do to me. I remember fighting Vol Opt or De Rol Le or Gal Gryphon and remembering how unique and epic the fights were, but in PSU the bosses just seem blander and uninspired. And to add to it, some of the bosses are near identical to each other, like De Ragan and De Ragnus [I know there was Gol Dragon and the Forests Dragon in PSO, but they were resoundingly different fights, unlike these 2].

We were promised 15 bosses so lets hope that some of them actually deliver am I right?

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
Well, De Ragan is definitely more varied and difficult than the PSO Dragon.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 10:57 AM
I myself enjoy the final boss.
I just wish that story/extra mode was harder!

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
I believe that boss's have more variety, and require much more than button mashing in PSU [PSO you couldn't just button mash, but PSU basically kills button mashing in boss battles unless really high level]. Only reason I think they might be lackluster is that most people continue to do C ranks at level 25.

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 11:38 AM
Button-mashing works in PSU though to an extent. I can sit here, and mash Square and Triangle. Things will die from the attacks, bosses will get beaten. It's a shame, I was hoping for a bit more tactical bosses, rather than running headlong and spamming PA's.

The bosses I've fought are.. pretty lame in difficulty to be honest. De Ragan is predictable as hell, Degahna is slow, and easy to get behind.

Onmagoug is the only one that's posed any sort of challenge so far, and only because my Beast has trouble hitting it in the air.

PSO bosses were easy as hell too, but at least they were visually interesting for the time. I think we're all sick of fighting De Ragan, we've seen too many Dragon bosses through PSO (for most of us.) Sadly, I find PSU lacklustre visually in a lot of aspects, which is a shame.

CrazySwayzee
Nov 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
they need to unlock more bosses to play, like the last one for example.

that would be AWESOME!

but no way it's gonna happen until like, next year or somethin'

Banert
Nov 11, 2006, 11:45 AM
It seems to me the problem is that PSU bosses die too quickly. The first time I faced the adhana my team killed it in less then 10 seconds, not kidding. PSO's bosses took time, they were long, grueling affairs. Hopefully the bosses get stronger on the higher rankings, I've only done the B rank bosses, but the fights are definitely shorter than PSO's. I don't care how exotic a locale the fight is in, how weird the boss looks or what tactics are required to beat it, if the fight is over in less than a minute, that's not a boss battle.

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 11:46 AM
Heh, I must of been trying to hard. De Ragen is pretty predictable, but button mashing doesn't seem to work with lower level characters >.>

Degahna actually posed a threat to me the first time I fought him in Story Mode. It took me 4 minutes to kill him, obtaining a C rank. Too bad he just got insanely easier in Online Mode.

I have yet to face Onmagoug online, but he proved a little challenge to Super Ethan.

Reconsidering, some PSO bosses are tougher and possibly tricker than PSU bosses currently. I just hope high mission levels will require much strategy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-11 08:47 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 11:52 AM
PSU needs Olga Flow.
A super-pumped Olga Flow with millions of HP, constantly spamming the sword-energy-shockwave attacks.
You only have about a ~1 second interval before youīre hit by another shockwave, each dealing about 500 points of damage.

Thatīd be nice.

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 11:54 AM
Super Olga Flow > level 15 Human Force

It would be nice.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 12:01 PM
The bosses suck because it takes only 15-20 minutes to get to them and then when you get to them it takes 4 minutes or 5 to kill them. PSO i remember it taking for damn ever to make it to the boss, then once you get there most of them werent push overs, cept the dragon maybe.

Pandatron
Nov 11, 2006, 12:20 PM
I love how almost every single one of the debates that involves some comparison or disappointed to the game involves using De ragon vs. Dragon.

Nothing seem to have luster to myself because i flew through story mode and knew what was comming from each area so no biggie. Just patiently waiting for them to release mor ebossoes.

Though if say were making other comparisons like vol opt to adhanga dehanga (sp?). There both about even in terms of annoyance. Both appear for several seconds before you can hit them. Both have an attack that if you stay to close for too long it can kill ya. Just seems like with most of these bosses involves less running ya know.

In either case if something is far too simplistic kick it up to the next difficult then clear it. C or B rank dragon all day eventually becomes a systematic push over unless you push the difficult up to A rank in which if your already at A rank owning, congratz thus far.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 11, 2006, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure where most of you are coming from with "PSO's bosses lasted longer". PSO's bosses were far more predictable, and with a group of 4, reasonably leveled characters, any one of them could be down in under a minute. Each and every one of them was also a midget next to the bosses of PSU. I dare say that just about any boss in PSO (with the possible exception of Saint Milion) could be killed in under the time it takes to run from one end of the typical PSU boss arena to the other. PSO's bosses were more predictable, had less variety in their attacks, and were, on the whole, smaller.

Perhaps in PSO you were just trying to take on bosses at lower relative levels? Certainly, De Ragan can go down just as quickly as the Dragon, but consider this: In PSO, a RAmar at level 1 (with initial equipment, even) realistically could take down the Dragon. I know this because I've done it. In PSU, any level 1 character will be eaten alive almost certainly, and they have absolutely no chance of victory. These bosses are generally harder than they were in PSO. What the hell are you people talking about?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-11-11 09:37 ]</font>

Banert
Nov 11, 2006, 12:39 PM
PSU's bosses are harder. They dish out more damage, and every fight they seem to have learned a new attack. There is no preset attack pattern, I've seen the De Ragan take flight as soon as the fight started, causing two beasts to waste their nanoblasts and a CAST to miss with his SUV. I do find myself on edge for the boss fights, but I still find that in PSU they take a fraction of the time of PSO's bosses.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
I can think of 2 reasons why PSOs bosses seemed to take longer time to defeat:

- They do some cheap kind of move, or dissapear totaly, leaving you unable to attack them, just waiting..

- Your character is MUCH faster in PSU, and can land greater combos, dealing greater damage in less time.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:44, Mwabwetumba wrote:

- They do some cheap kind of move, or dissapear totaly, leaving you unable to attack them, just waiting..

- Your character is MUCH faster in PSU, and can land greater combos, dealing greater damage in less time.

Clearly you were never in a party with 3-4 people spamming berserk on PSO bosses. Apart from Falz, Olga, and maybe the Gryphon, that takes things down in no time at all.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
Actually, I was just listing reasons why people might think that PSOs bosses had more longevity in them.. I myself think that PSOs bosses die quite easily, as well.

Especially Olga Flow:(

Cry0
Nov 11, 2006, 01:25 PM
pso's bosses were new. that's all. I mean, who didnt go 'what the hell?' when you defeated the darvants and 3headed falz showed himself for the first time?

No matter how hard sega tries, they won't give anyone that feeling again, who's played pso for a while.

From what i've seen though, I like the De ragan. He should've had more hp, but since he's the first boss, ah well. onmagogh is just stupid... waaaay to low hp, but waaaay to much time out of reach. I like the machine boss though. And the final one aint bad, but seems dissapointing, as a 'final'. where's the super-rabarta whoring that kills all the newbs? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Nov 11, 2006, 01:30 PM
What the hell? the only hard PSO boss wa dark falz, and for one reason only-Rabarta spam. Bosses trickier? challenging? only way it was challenging if they did set dmg and you didnt have enough hp. olga flow always died in 2 seconds. falz, easy after 2nd form. Dragon...yeah. de rol le-he's hard? vol opt- sitting duck. barba ray-same as de rol le. gol dragon-he dies fast too. Gal gryphon- quite possibly the only challenging boss, well, he just took a long time to die like in challenge mode.

edit: unic and epic? what the hell? every boss was a pattern, wasnt too hard to figure out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-11 10:30 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I found that fact a bit dissapointing too with the bosses in PSO (even though they look really cool)
, if you can survive one hit, you win.

AeraLure
Nov 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
PSO's bosses to me were on a grander scale, visually more interesting and generally lasted longer. Doesnt matter to me if they were easier at times: they took longer to get to and I found them more fun.

PSU bosses so far (I havent played Story mode) are sort of anticlimatic to me. They are visually lackluster (my feeling about a lot of things in PSU so far), sort of quick to get to and there are generally only 3 enemy types along the way to them, and go down pretty fast (at the difficulties we have available), despite yes in some cases being a little harder depending on if you are soloing them or the makeup of the group. I'm hoping for more later.

Flame
Nov 11, 2006, 01:51 PM
I do believe it's also a visual thing.
De Ragen's animations are ass compared to the fuidity that was the forest dragon. When the Dragon in PSO burst from the ground spinning for the first time I felt like I was in a movie. The way De Ragen pathetically shuffles around is not inspiring. Also besides running the proper distance, there is no way to dodge Ragen's fire ball from the air. To me, De Ragnus is tons better than Ragen, if only for smoother animation and higher concept.

Volopt had a trick to beating him. You had to follow the computers and could prevent getting shocked by destroying the right pillar. The Adahna has no trick. None. Sorry but the bug to stay behind him is not a trick. I miss things like running around a Garanz to hit it with its own missiles or blowing off De Ro Le's mask.

The omagoug excites me with the concept of blowing off his wings, but is made too easy.

Dulk Falkis has some tricks to beating him but the slowdown on the ps2 version ruins it.

Seed Magashi was an interesting boss but far too easy to beat if one had Tornado Dance.

Last but not least, the use of different skins on the same bosses in order to deliver the promised "15 bosses" was a disappointing but not surprising move on Sonic Team's part.

I'd take PSO's 4 diverse and high concept bosses to PSU's insulting 15.

Banert
Nov 11, 2006, 02:11 PM
They're not actually counting the 2 onmagoug encounters and the moatoob variance as 3 separate bosses are they? So far the only neat bosses are the Grina Beats (that was a fun fight) and SEED-Magashi, and maybe the Ghogs because I hate them, so very, very much.

Flame
Nov 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
they are counting them as different boss encounters.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 11, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'd like to see the online counterpart of the story mode bosses, I can see them pretty fun and tough.

I just played though story mode and yea, the bosses offline are a joke, I just get my spear and just own things with Das Diagas.

Like for example, the Omagoug I was saying shit cause he's such a pain online, but offline it only takes him 2-3 sniper shots to down him compared to... a lot online.

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2006, 03:20 PM
The problem with story mode is that half the bosses are based off of a PSO boss, and the other half are recolors of the frst half. The only unique boss is the Gol Dolva, and it is...unimpressive, at best. The Onmagoug was an uglier form of Gal Gryphon, and being forced to fight it three times didn't help. Two dragons, one a direct ripoff of the Forest Drag, the other a ripoff of Gol Drag. The two big mechs are just mobile forms of Vol Opt's second form. The giants inside the ruins are sad excuses for Olga Flow, and the mechs Magashi sics on you are just glorified Sinow Beats (their name even points that out). The very first boss was nothing more than an immoble Poufuilly Slime, and while DF was cool, he was nothing but a crossbreed of PSO DF and Olga Flow.

15 bosses my penis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-11 12:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-11 12:22 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 03:23 PM
The only time you fought difficult bosses in PSO is:

1. You sucked.

2. You joined in on ultimate Falz with everyone barely meeting the Ultimate level requirement.

PSO was far too easy, PSU is much more fun to play for me, and the bosses are more fun to kill.

Tystys
Nov 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
The bosses could've been alot harder for Story mode. Not sure about Online mode.

Flame
Nov 11, 2006, 03:41 PM
a good boss is one in which you should in theory be able to dodge every attack. (I forgive final bosses)

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-11-11 12:41, Flame wrote:
a good boss is one in which you should in theory be able to dodge every attack. (I forgive final bosses)

This is the best thing about the bosses in PSU, methinks.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 03:50 PM
PSO bosses were incredibly predictable. Granted PSU bosses are predictable as well the bosses in PSU have a wider range of attacks available to them (if the AI scripts choose to use them). About the only thing PSO bosses had going for them was high HP and attack damage. And half the time ppl had a force with really high shifta paired with everyone using a mag that enabled invincibility on boss entry and low HP that let them swing away at said bosses without worrying about taking damage for the next 30 seconds or so.

And there are only 2 ways I've found to dodge the homing fireball from De Regan. 1 is to run behind one of those mounds on the ground. It will hit that since the fireball doesnt adjust to elevation. 2 is to stay near it as it initially takes off then run directly under it to get behind it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-11 12:53 ]</font>

UltraDeeDer
Nov 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
They lack 'scary' music maybe?

Not so much scary, but more: 'OMG I KILLED VOLT OPT RITE BUT HE NOW IS A FAT THING WITH POUNDING THINGOS AND WITH THIS CRAP CAMERA I CANT SEE HIS HEAD HOW SCARY LOL' music.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 04:19 PM
I think Dulk Falkisīs first form has really good music, and though the tune in the second form cant quite compare to Dark Falzīs third form (especially 2 minutes into the song), it suits him quite well.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:34 PM
Can you blame Sonic Team for using the concepts of PSO bosses to make PSU bosses, when all you all ever do is talk about how much better PSO is? If PSO was so much better than PSU (I played both, and I personally think PSU is leaps and bounds better. Sure the lack of content RIGHT NOW sucks, but I'm patient), then you should be ecstatic to see your bosses come back in better detail and size (and yes, you can all say PSO's bosses looked better, and I can sit here and say "bullshit". That's the inner-fanboi inside you distorting your memory. Just like when I was 10 and played FF1 on the NES, and then 10 years later, I fired it up all excited and remeniscing about how awesome it was, only to find that it's blocky and unrecognizable character and enemy designs made me lol...).

Do yourself a favor and put PSO behind you. You'll enjoy PSU alot more if you do. No one's asking you to say PSO sucks, but give PSU some credit.

Azure247
Nov 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
The reason PSO bosses were easy is because everyone had hacked and duped gear, including mags. Of course things died in less than 10 seconds.. people cheated and ruined the fun of the game.

Ether
Nov 11, 2006, 04:43 PM
The only flaw I can see in the PSU bosses, compared to the PSO ones, is that they tend to stick to 1 attack pattern the entire time, theres no variety once the fight starts

De Ragan, Onmagoug, and Adhena pretty much do the same thing the entire fight.

But on PSO, Dragon would tunnel at half life, Gol Dragon would split into multiple forms. Vol Opt, and the final boss trio had multiple forms. Heck, olga flows 2nd form even had a half life trick up his sleeve

The only PSU boss with multiple forms is the final one, and having a first form that sucks, then a LOADING SCREEN before the 2nd one really hurts the experience

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
I was a little afraid of fighting a lv18 De Ragan as a lv15 Hunter in story mode, but much to mys urprise the fight was over in about 10 seconds. The bosses for story mode have like 500 HP. It's too ridiculously easy compared to the online versions.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 05:05 PM
I totally agree. Compared to PSO the bosses are uninspired and require absolutely no tactics to beat. It's quite upsetting.

Dukelion
Nov 11, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think they were trying to go for sheer strength for a boss fight. I.E. You are now fighting just a bigger stronger version of the random little things you encountered on the way to the boss...and it is just as intelligent.

Hopefully they will fix this. Either way the game is still fun.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 05:09 PM
I like the Grina Beat battle in offline..gaah, the one with the machine gun can put out quite a bit of damage in a matter of seconds!

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:12 PM
What tactics? lol...

How can you call what you did to kill PSO bosses more tactical than PSU bosses?

All you did for Forest Dragon was avoid his shit and shoot him. De Rol Le? Knocking off his mask? Quit acting like you made a conscious effort to do this. The mask came off by doing enough damage TO THE EASIEST PLACE TO HIT. It came off naturally unless you were making the boss way harder than it needed to be. Vol Opt? Hitting the correct post to stop from getting hit? Big deal, that's basic self-preservation. Just like shooting the Demons Above boss to make it fall down so you could wail away at it. Dark Falz? Just stay the hell away from it when it's about to freeze your ass.

Nothing in PSO was "more tactical" than PSU.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:12, ZiG wrote:
All you did for Forest Dragon was avoid his shit and shoot him. De Rol Le? Knocking off his mask? Quit acting like you made a conscious effort to do this. The mask came off by doing enough damage TO THE EASIEST PLACE TO HIT. It came off naturally unless you were making the boss way harder than it needed to be. Vol Opt? Hitting the correct post to stop from getting hit? Big deal, that's basic self-preservation. Just like shooting the Demons Above boss to make it fall down so you could wail away at it. Dark Falz? Just stay the hell away from it when it's about to freeze your ass.

You just proved my point. PSU bosses don't even have this. Plus, you're completely neglecting to mention dozens of attacks/forms from PSO. Falz' grants, possession, spinning things, Temple worm's poisoning arms, rocks falling at De Rol Le, getting electrocuted at Vol Opt, running from his stomps, Olga's possession, etc etc etc. There's absolutely none of this cool stuff in PSU save for the final boss. If it makes you happy, we won't call it tactics, we'll call it variety.

Dukelion
Nov 11, 2006, 05:23 PM
These Internets are tangeled with stupid arguments.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 05:27 PM
If you don't go to discussion forums, you'll stand a good chance of avoiding them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-11-11 13:42, Azure247 wrote:
The reason PSO bosses were easy is because everyone had hacked and duped gear, including mags. Of course things died in less than 10 seconds.. people cheated and ruined the fun of the game.

BEFORE hacking started in DCPSO(and it did not start til about early june 01), the bosses WERE easy. The only major attacks that made people cringe with Falz was his swipe and grants. Vol Opt ver1 can be soloed by anyone, the dragon was a got damn joke(just like the one in PSU XD) and del rol was a pansy.

No one gives a damn about PSOGC, I'm sure. So if you're talking about the SAME bosses in GC, then yes and that's because cheating had reached new hieghts and what was already easy was made into something ridiculous.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
You guys are just asking for the apocalypse.

New moves for bosses:
De Ragan: Burrows underground at 50% HP. Summons two Baby De Ragans at 20% health.
Svaltus: Calls two other Stateria to aid him at 50%, and then those two call two other Stateria each at 50%.
Onmawtfishisname: Calls in 4x Tengoghs at 50%, another 4x at 20%, and calls in 4 more when he dies.
SEED-Vance: lolseedvance

New Bosses to be added in place of old ones:

De Ragan replaced by Gol Dragon. 5% to replace him when fight starts.
Svaltus replaced by 6x Del Sabers. Del Sabers have high evasion, high HP, high defense and have a 1% chance to replace Svaltus when he spawns.
OMG replaced by Del Rol Le along with a map change. 10% chance to replace him when fight starts.
SEED-Vance replaced by Vol Opt. 1% chance to replace him when he spawns.

Online exclusive rare over powered enemies with different attack patterns? Well, I can dream can't I?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-11 14:30 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
You have the same variety with PSU bosses, in the form of more attacks available to them. Sure, it's no rocks falling, but it's a sweet looking tail swipe from De Ragan. Granted, Ep.2 bosses did seem pretty cool, and granted, I thouroughly enjoyed fighting De Rol Le, but you seem to be missing my point, which is simply:

Stop using PSO as a mold to compare PSU.

I did this for a long time, with another series. Xenogears is my favorite RPG of all time. You can even call me a fanboy. It had an epic story, once it got rolling, the anime cutscenes were awesome (almost unheard of back then), and I thoroughly enjoyed the character designs and Gear designs. Then came Xenosaga. I was hyped all to shit and back, and when I finally got my hands on it when it came out, I played a couple hours and turned it off to go to work, and well... didn't turn it back on until roughly 4 years later. Why? Because it just doesn't spark the same thrill Xenosaga did for me. But in the end I gave it a chance, and I measured it based on it as a Game in itself, not against Xenogears (granted, I still didn't like it much, but at least I gave it it's fair due).

S'all I'm askin', yo.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 05:31 PM
Well, at any rate I like the bosses in PSU more because Im not trapped in a tiny arena with no way to avoid their cheesy attacks.
Oh, except for Olga Flow.
Heīs pure coolness.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the bosses in PSU have tricks they use as well.

Onmagohg? He can paralyze or lightning-zap anybody near him while he's flying, and he'll fly away to find things to throw at you.

De Ragan? Flying. Homing fireball. Near-instant death fire breath if you aren't overleveled. Stomping on you.

SEED Vance? Spinning attack. Buffs itself. Can send tentacle-things through the ground at you.

Rainbow Demon boss(damn your name!)? A frontal shield that can also deal damage. Can heal itself. Powerful spinning attack. Light beams. Can jump around.

Adahna Deghanna? Complete shield. Multiple slightly-homing missles. Huge beam cannon. 2 laser whip attacks. Rocket launcher. Machine gun. Teleportation.

Svaltus/Stateria? Frontal shield. Peircing, linear shockwave. Spinning attack.

Hmm.

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

New moves for bosses:
De Ragan: Burrows underground at 50% HP. Summons two Baby De Ragans at 20% health.

Onmawtfishisname: Calls in 4x Tengoghs at 50%, another 4x at 20%, and calls in 4 more when he dies.

Svaltus replaced by 6x Del Sabers. Del Sabers have high evasion, high HP, high defense and have a 1% chance to replace Svaltus when he spawns.

I'd love something like those to happen - seriously. But the 6x Del Sabers, no one would beat the game lol! And Omgbbqdog, it'd take a full 8hrs to beat him XD.

DonRoyale
Nov 11, 2006, 05:39 PM
It's because of combos, mostly ones where the PA can hit multiple spots.

Also, it helps that the PSU bosses have less HP.

I beat Durk Fakis (first form) in two minutes...>>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 05:41 PM
But remember, that was story mode.
Online mode seems to be a great deal harder.
And most certainly will be with S-rank missions.

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-11-11 14:34, Silhouette wrote:

On 2006-11-11 14:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

New moves for bosses:

I'd love something like those to happen - seriously. But the 6x Del Sabers, no one would beat the game lol! And Omgbbqdog, it'd take a full 8hrs to beat him XD.

Boss fights aren't supposed to be easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ZiG
On 2006-11-11 14:39, SereneShadows wrote:
It's because of combos, mostly ones where the PA can hit multiple spots.

Also, it helps that the PSU bosses have less HP.

I beat Durk Fakis (first form) in two minutes...>>

Uhh...lol..

Of course they have less hp in offline mode.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'm very much giving PSU a chance and I plan to keep playing it, but this:

On 2006-11-11 14:29, ZiG wrote:

Isn't a very viable idea. Everything is compared to what came before it. That's how we advance things and make choices in life. Comparing PSU to PSO is completely logical. It might not come out in favour of PSU, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing to do. I personally like doing things with my eyes open.

I'm anticipating hundreds of hours of fun with PSU, but it's impossible for me not to wish the bosses were more interesting. Just like it's impossible for me not to think Xenogears was more interesting than Xenosaga Ep. I.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yea, in JP PSU, the Delsabans are replaced by Deljabans on S-rank missions. So, they'll be a great deal harder than A-ranks.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:49 PM
SEED-Vance already Multiplies on A rank >.>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:49, BloodDragoon wrote:
SEED-Vance already Multiplies on A rank >.>

What? Oh he does stuff besides spinning and burrowing tentacles underground? LOL I never notice. He dies within 5 seconds when we first see him off in the draw point. A-Rank Sub-Bosses are like regular mobs like Rhinos in Relics. :

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:42, Callous wrote:
I'm very much giving PSU a chance and I plan to keep playing it, but this:

On 2006-11-11 14:29, ZiG wrote:

Isn't a very viable idea. Everything is compared to what came before it. That's how we advance things and make choices in life. Comparing PSU to PSO is completely logical. It might not come out in favour of PSU, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing to do. I personally like doing things with my eyes open.

I'm anticipating hundreds of hours of fun with PSU, but it's impossible for me not to wish the bosses were more interesting. Just like it's impossible for me not to think Xenogears was more interesting than Xenosaga Ep. I.

Hey man, that's cool. Everyone's got their thing. Just remember I'm not bitching about this, or about you (I've got a nice opinion about you simply based on this little debate), it's just that I've seen so many "lol PSO >PSU and here's why" threads that it's sickening. Not sure why everyone wants to own one of their own.

Bottom line is, whether you think PSO was better than PSU or not, that doesn't make PSU a bad game. And while I'm sure you'll agree to that point, based on the post quoted within this one, a majority of those who start these threads don't seem to agree.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 05:51 PM
I guess S-rank will have the Vances from the HIVE then. If they're still Vances, I mean. I can't remember their name exactly.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 06:00 PM
ZiG: Yep, you're cool with me too just for actually taking the time to understand where I'm coming from instead of just shouting. I do agree that PSU isn't a bad game. It's a pretty good game and I think it'll get better and better, with tons of content we don't even see in story mode being available along the line. I've steered clear of making any hate threads myself, sticking to giving my 2 cents when someone raises a point I've also been thinking about, but it's still early on and these comparisons where bound to happen. They'll taper off with time I'm sure.

Anyway, enough rambling, and thanks for the civil debate :)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-11-11 15:03 ]</font>

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:06 PM
PSO epi 1 and 2 version was a complete package more so than what PSU is right now. So I can see why the older PSO/PSU players are quick to say it was better. PSU is the better game with the biggest potential at this point. I'm sorry but thats fact. PSO was revolutionary for its time. But all it was is a glorified Gauntlet with online multiplayer. The experience was great and something to cherish. PSU comes along and its the same old thing only better looking and more depth in terms of gameplay options. As far as boss battles goes the wow factor just isn't there anymore. Except for the 3 svaltus boss battle on moabtoob(I know when they unlock online thats going to be fun). It doesn't mean they are not fun. Sure there are tons of skin swaps in this game we all know sega is not the financial juggernaut they were in the 90's. The game is what it is, a game thats fun to play. Albeit a little disappointing because of all the hype that srrounded it and Sega making bad business decisions concerning the launch and content.

waluigi1
Nov 11, 2006, 06:15 PM
I was thinking that PSO's were harder, but after reading some of your posts and thinking back, I think that they were just as easy or easier. They had the exact same attack patterns everytime. And I don't know if it is just me but I never know what attack the bosses on PSU are going to do.

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:15, waluigi1 wrote:And I don't know if it is just me but I never know what attack the bosses on PSU are going to do.

Could just be that I haven't played enough to see the patterns yet, but I'm with you on that one and it counts as a plus for sure.

VanHalen
Nov 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
idk what the heck people are saying about these bosses every boss i faced was life or death

A2K
Nov 11, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:51, Schubalts wrote:
I guess S-rank will have the Vances from the HIVE then. If they're still Vances, I mean. I can't remember their name exactly.

SEED Vitace, I believe. More or less the same, although unlike Vance, they can teleport.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:02 PM
Keep complaining and maybe sega will add a mission online that has you fight something like 8 grina beats at once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:08 PM
A mission like that would kick ass!

"GET THE MELEE ONES!"
"But they're spraying machine gun fire!"
"RANGER DOWN! RANGER DOWN!"
"OH SHI- The melee ones are charging the forces!"
*Forces, collectively*"<assorted deathcries>"
"Use moons!"
"We ran out after the first 5 minutes!"

Haha. I would so try that mission.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 11, 2006, 08:25 PM
My boss fight experience in PSO...I was probably underleveled with every one. And I only played offline, DC back in its day and GC almost a year ago. Though I was A HUmar, I found it better to use a friggin' HANDGUN. It didn't help that I didn't know about the crappy BLUEFULL rare drops. I shoulda been a ranger but then I would have been some ugly guy. (PSU's already better because of this!) Massive wall of text ahoy!

Dragon: Wow, just circle around, shoot him in the foot and use the saber when there's no danger of getting stepped on. Burrowing? That was pretty cool, especially the holes in the ground left n the dragon's wake. That's all it had though. But its death was awesome. You could move around during the cutscene, and you could get crushed. XD
Ultimate mode: Wow, now it freezes me so I gotta be more careful. And a different burrowing pattern. Big deal. And now the holes int he ground freeze me. I've stepped on these holes just because the camera sucks.

De Rol Le: Tentacle-dodging, rocks falling, lasers. Now this was epic...until about the third time it looped the same damn pattern. I found myself just TAKING damage so I could get more hits off so thta the battle could end! It's only fun for about the first two minutes, then it sinks into the same damn pattern!
Ultimate mode: Same shit, just with lots more attack power. Every damn rock could one-shot me so I needed scape dolls just in case. EXTREMELY dragged out.

Vol Opt: Shooting the plasma screen that he's on was a neat concept, and I enjoyed the distration of the pillars. But the second form was terrible. Avoidance of every attack simply involved running around in a circle. At least it had destructible parts.
Ultimate mode: I remember no noticable difference here. Getting to him, on the other hand...but that's another story.

Dark Falz: First form was always a joke, just bash on one of the heads and shoot the occasional spinning top thingy. It was pretty powerless. Second form was just attacking me with cheap-ass rafoie and rabarta. A rather boring target to shoot at. And how the hell do you dodge rafoie unless you're just getting out of range, thus needlessly prolonging this stupid battle? Then the third form, only available from hard mode on. He has that stupid cheap ass grantz, he turns golden to become invulnerable (though could techs stil work? I forget.) I don't even remember how I dealt with his melee attacks. He spent so much time out of attacking range, he kept using that cheap grantz, and then he would freaking take my soul so I had to heal whenever I hit myself to deal damage to him! Must have only been fun online or something.
Ultimate mode: I didn't get this far.

Bubba Ray: What the hell is this shit? Another, weaker version of Del Rol Le! A boring version that, pretty much whatever attack it used, had me runing maniaclally in circles. It also had a freaking PATTERN that LOOPED and TOOK TOO LONG TO DIE!
Ultimate Mode: Umm...it took even LONGER to kill? Whoopee freaking doo!

Cyber Dragon thing Same as the Dragon, except...well, it split in two sometimes. How fucking cool is that! THIS is the original Wyverns of Land and Sky baby! (That's for those of you Monster Hunters who liked fighting rathian and rathalos in the same area!)
Ultimate mode: Okay, it split into THREE! Fucking AWESOME! Too bad I got frozen almost every time I got hit with the ice attack, and it was pretty hard to keep track of more than one dragon because of the shitty camera! Still, it's the only boss fight that I can say I actually enjoyed in PSO other than the first form of Vol Opt.

Gal Gryphon: Oh wait, I enjoyed this one too, kinda. It fell into the same pattern-looping shit that made the other bosses suck, and I guess it just wasn't as memorable as the other bosses. At least it didn't have a gajillion HP like De Rol Le.
Ultimate mode: Ummm...was anything different here? I forgot. I probably got one-shotted a few times for slipping up.

Olga Flow: ZOMG, it's that boss from Thunder Force V, complete with vertical shaft! But why the hell couldn't the platform's edge be closer to Olga so I could do something other than shoot it? It had some pretty cool attacks, but it spent way too much time out of fighting range. Still, a pretty decent fight, especially compared to the dog shit that was Dark Falz. But the second form...what the fuck were they thinking? This was supposed to be a really cool boss fight, but it's ruined by the shitty camera. How the fuck am I supposed to learn its attack patterns if I get one-shotted from the shockwave up close? I have to run away from it so the shockwave is weaker (like, not losing all my HP weaker). I think there are gaps in the shockwave, but as I run away from it I can't freaking see it because the camera blows! Then it turns my hair white and I can't freaking attack! So I need to run around in circles avoiding falling debris, while being unable to observe Olga's attack patterns because the camera sucks the Gibbles's shit-filled ass while it farts. Oh yeah, and it has like a bajillion HP so my hair turns white VERY often, which of course drags the battle out even longer! I could barely survive getting hit on V.Hard mode, and if I knew more about the shockwaves (if I could SEE more!) it might have made for an easier, and more fun, fight. Oh, and I forget what those little henchman things did but they were probably cool.
Ultimate mode: A critical hit could one-shot me. I did beat the elevator form once, but it took freaking forever. The second form, wow. I got one-shotted by the shockwave and I forget how far I was from it. After realizing how long it took to beat the V.Hard one, not to mention the Ult. elevator battle, and of course the white-hair effect, I decided it'd be better to just give up.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 11, 2006, 08:39 PM
In short, PSO's bosses pretty much had crappy patterns, took too long to die (unless I levelled up a lot by trudging through the game's rather boring combat again and again and again), and the cooler fights were ruined by the lousy camera.

PSU, I've only played online, but I've found the bosses to be much more enjoyable. They don't take over sixty repetitive minutes to kill, though they sometimes do die a little too fast if you have a strong party. Still, even a solo run underleveled aint that bad unless you get combo'd beyond your HP capacity.

De Ragan is so much cooler than the dragon in battle. It actually breathes fire in a way that you might actually have to *gasp* MOVE out of the way! It does a neat little charge attack, that awesome tail swipe, flies up into the air but you can still shoot it thanks to first-person aiming (which is ALWAYS better than that auto-target shit from PSO), crashes down onto you...well it could have used more attacks, but it tends to mix them up fairly well compared ot the dragon. Of course, it's nothing compared to a rathian from Monster Hunter, but that's another story. Oh yeah, and De Ragan's death cutscene is freaking LAME.

Onmagoug is...well, rather bland I guess. It seems to have all the memorability of the Gal Gryphon. But at least it mixed up its attacks and they were all dodgable (even the cheesy lightning). Disabling the wings is a nice touch, but what a shame it regenerates them.

Adhana Deghana, while it has a shitty name, is currently my favorite, as long as you don't exploit its spinning AI. Up front, it's got so many cool moves. You can read them, but I find it hard to avoid all of its attacks, especially when it uses its grenade, circle-whip or forward charge (since I kinda need to prepare for all of them! Or maybe I just suck.) Oh, and damn, what a crappy death cutscene!

Azure247
Nov 11, 2006, 08:39 PM
Really? I find PSU races to be very generic because you can be any class. In PSO Forces, Rangers, and Hunters all had distinct looks that showcase what their class is. It was part of what make it enoyable for me. Also in PSU a lot of people are trying to make themself look like Forces. All the female Forces wear the very common Fonewearl hat in PSO.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
Eh? I've only seen 5 people tops with that hat, and never seen anyone with it during a party. And most of the female forces I've seen run around with no pants on.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:39, Azure247 wrote:
Really? I find PSU races to be very generic because you can be any class. In PSO Forces, Rangers, and Hunters all had distinct looks that showcase what their class is. It was part of what make it enoyable for me. Also in PSU a lot of people are trying to make themself look like Forces. All the female Forces wear the very common Fonewearl hat in PSO.

I find PSO to be too in-depth into what class you are, too many different classes without enough major differences. In PSU it's all about how YOU want to play, not how the designers of the game wanted you to play. Is it the most free-form RPG out there? No, but does it have to be? I think the three main classes mixed with the advanced classes is just the right blend of customizability and efficiency. Any combo can be a good combo.

Azure247
Nov 11, 2006, 08:47 PM
I liked it in-depth though Xbox. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I guess we all have our preferences. Lol @ Schubalts Female forces runing nekkid. XD Although I've yet to see any who did.

Chaobo99
Nov 11, 2006, 11:43 PM
have you fought the bosses in harder diff...the machine boss kept using his sheild and it was pretty epic..

BloodDragoon
Nov 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
Meh just kill the temple boss point blank in the face with a machinegun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Asuri
Nov 12, 2006, 04:06 AM
nothing will ever come close to the olga flow battle epicness

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 04:39 AM
On 2006-11-11 17:25, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Olga Flow: ZOMG, it's that boss from Thunder Force V, complete with vertical shaft! But why the hell couldn't the platform's edge be closer to Olga so I could do something other than shoot it? It had some pretty cool attacks, but it spent way too much time out of fighting range. Still, a pretty decent fight, especially compared to the dog shit that was Dark Falz. But the second form...what the fuck were they thinking? This was supposed to be a really cool boss fight, but it's ruined by the shitty camera. How the fuck am I supposed to learn its attack patterns if I get one-shotted from the shockwave up close? I have to run away from it so the shockwave is weaker (like, not losing all my HP weaker). I think there are gaps in the shockwave, but as I run away from it I can't freaking see it because the camera blows! Then it turns my hair white and I can't freaking attack! So I need to run around in circles avoiding falling debris, while being unable to observe Olga's attack patterns because the camera sucks the Gibbles's shit-filled ass while it farts. Oh yeah, and it has like a bajillion HP so my hair turns white VERY often, which of course drags the battle out even longer! I could barely survive getting hit on V.Hard mode, and if I knew more about the shockwaves (if I could SEE more!) it might have made for an easier, and more fun, fight. Oh, and I forget what those little henchman things did but they were probably cool.
Ultimate mode: A critical hit could one-shot me. I did beat the elevator form once, but it took freaking forever. The second form, wow. I got one-shotted by the shockwave and I forget how far I was from it. After realizing how long it took to beat the V.Hard one, not to mention the Ult. elevator battle, and of course the white-hair effect, I decided it'd be better to just give up.

But never forget, that the cool thing about Olga Flow is not the battle itselt, its HIM!
His appearance..his sounds.. his sword..just stand still and admire his looks..his largety (yeah)..waow..

EJ
Nov 12, 2006, 05:11 AM
I have to agree with Meira and say what the hell are you people talking about that PSO bosses were better visual and more climatic?

The PSO bosses were so easy I could beat them in my sleep because they were so predictable only one that were tough was Gal gryphon and Dark Flaz second form and they were still easy.

Atleast in PSU I can say I enjoy fight that giant battle robot *forgot its name* since ever time I fight it the attack pattern changes. One fight it starts teleporting and in the other it decides not to teleport in the beginning but when it is almost dead and do that heal tech from the other side of the room.

All the PSO boss were epic at first but after all these years anyone who played the game since the very beginning know their patterns and can easily beat them in their sleep.

It seems everyone is complainting and rather have another PSO remake like episode 5 or something. Don't know about you people but I perfer something than just another remake from a 5 year old game.

Callous
Nov 12, 2006, 05:50 AM
Episode 5 sounds good to me.

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
On 2006-11-12 02:11, EJ wrote:
I have to agree with Meira and say what the hell are you people talking about that PSO bosses were better visual and more climatic?

The PSO bosses were so easy I could beat them in my sleep because they were so predictable only one that were tough was Gal gryphon and Dark Flaz second form and they were still easy.

Atleast in PSU I can say I enjoy fight that giant battle robot *forgot its name* since ever time I fight it the attack pattern changes. One fight it starts teleporting and in the other it decides not to teleport in the beginning but when it is almost dead and do that heal tech from the other side of the room.

All the PSO boss were epic at first but after all these years anyone who played the game since the very beginning know their patterns and can easily beat them in their sleep.

It seems everyone is complainting and rather have another PSO remake like episode 5 or something. Don't know about you people but I perfer something than just another remake from a 5 year old game.

You say all the bosses on PSO have the same pattern and you can beat them in your sleep, the same can be said to PSU bosses. I don't know about you but to me, PSU is just a remake of PSO.

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 06:04 AM
On 2006-11-12 02:50, Callous wrote:
Episode 5 sounds good to me.

lol

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 12:29 PM
ah I remember the first go against the Gal Gryphon on normal... blasted thing nearly killed me despite my being the bane of all v.hard ep one enemies, I let my guard down I guess...

I like the PSU bosses, but it bothers me that a few are just variants of eachother (not talkin' 'bout De Ragnus and De Ragan, I'm talkin' Dougi and Magashi, they're in freakin' back to back chapters even! Gall! If you must make the battles nearly identical at least disperse them!)

I thought it funny when they gave you a boss and IN THE SAME CHAPTER, gave it to you as a normal enemy, ah, good times...

also on the patterns, it is true that the PSU bosses are a bit less predictable (I hate it when De Ragan decides to start the battle by running over the whole party, or he gos on a tail-whip rampage)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-13 09:32 ]</font>

SLyNKee
Nov 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
people saying they beat bosses their first time in under a minute or under 10 seconds are obviously TOO HIGH of a lvl, ofcourse fighting the dragon with a lvl 50 in your party is going to be easy, but try going at it with every one under lvl 15? I went with a party of 12 to 15s the first time and it was a hard battle.

JaiBlue
Nov 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
OLGA FLOW! IM COMMING FOR YOU , YOU HEAR ME YOU TIME SHIFTING SOB!! REVENGE WILL BE MINE!!!!!

Ryoten
Nov 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
Looking forward for a remake of PSO bosses. Fighting the digital dragon on PSU will be chaotic.

Jasam
Nov 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
Falz, Gal Grython, and Olga are 3 incredable bosses, and sure as hell arn't easy if your slightly underleveled.
Falz was a bitch to beat as a droid, undodgable set damage attacks + no resta made him hard.
Gal Grython was just awsome in evry way, and was one boss where you stood to be one shot if you made a mistake on his stomp, and had that lightning from the sky attack of hard to dodgeness..

Olga Flow however, was a long fight tonnes of hp, had his imunite to all but one % type thing, flowen form swap, uber shockwaves and blasts, and a whole bunch of mine things that could frezze you on spot...

Those 3 are probably why meny people are comparing the bosses, they rocked ^-^

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
I liked Shambertain, Saintmillion and Kondoryuu battles. They introduced a different type of lameness which has been going on in PSU and yet still holding the epicness of PSO bosses at the beginning.

The thing is that.. I think the boss battles for PSO compared to PSU were faster which was more exciting. De Ragan was pretty exciting but its bleh now...

Bosses need more flashy moves.

Ryoki
Nov 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
I agree. I miss the fights where if you were a hunter, you had to dodge and wait a long ass time to be able to get a good attack on(I.E, de rol le) also miss the attacks that were just BARELY dodgeable. (I.e, de rol le's weird purple orb attack)

________
Honda life specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Life)

Ryoten
Nov 13, 2006, 05:18 PM
I agree with the two of you. Like the Sol Dragon on Ult. that had that "circle around the ring" move that either you got froze, took damage, got away, or died. Also Vol. V2 was pretty hard as well. If these bosses showed up on PSU, it will make an more enjoyable time playing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoten on 2006-11-14 10:43 ]</font>

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 12:02 AM
I liked the final form of Dulk Falkis, it brings back memories of my battles with old Falzie-boy

DoubleJG
Nov 14, 2006, 12:23 AM
PSO bosses were fun and awesome, yet I love PSU bosses simply because of the difficulty and legnth of the fight. PSO bosses were just "big enemies" in so many of our eyes. PSU's bosses truly are what they're called, bosses.

Hustler_One
Nov 14, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-11-13 21:23, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
PSO bosses were fun and awesome, yet I love PSU bosses simply because of the difficulty and legnth of the fight. PSO bosses were just "big enemies" in so many of our eyes. PSU's bosses truly are what they're called, bosses.

2 words.... Olga Flow.

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
It's embarrasing to admit, but I've yet to face old Flow, I never took to ep 2 too much, I just recently made it to the seabed, CCA is such a pain, it's like the ruins, I've never the morale to make it through, I'll jus' say screw this, I'm playin' the mines instead (or in ep 2's case screw this I'm off to ep 1)!

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 14, 2006, 04:50 AM
Fight Olga flow, you'll thank yourself later. well, after you find out you needed to level up atleast 5 times.

Hmm, has anyone ever thought this? PSU's offline final boss, i think, Infact i "Know" there has to be a third form that's going to be online only. Gah this topic should've had a spoiler thread but whatever: Anyway, When Falus? (sp.) finally falls from space and explodes, do you see any particals? anything like pieces? or does it seem like just a "bam" he's done? I bet in later missions he will arise in a third form even stronger than before. Oooo!

Instead of a battle field in the middle of the three planets maybe you'll fight on a sunny summit, or or somewhere extremely unexpected.

BioWarrior
Nov 14, 2006, 04:57 AM
On 2006-11-14 01:50, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
Fight Olga flow, you'll thank yourself later. well, after you find out you needed to level up atleast 5 times.

Hmm, has anyone ever thought this? PSU's offline final boss, i think, Infact i "Know" there has to be a third form that's going to be online only. Gah this topic should've had a spoiler thread but whatever: Anyway, When Falus? (sp.) finally falls from space and explodes, do you see any particals? anything like pieces? or does it seem like just a "bam" he's done? I bet in later missions he will arise in a third form even stronger than before. Oooo!

Instead of a battle field in the middle of the three planets maybe you'll fight on a sunny summit, or or somewhere extremely unexpected.

Theres probable not a 3rd form because magashi just ends up coming back as normal magashi in an online story mission.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 05:11 AM
all i can say about psu's bosses is too many of them fly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSO I really liked the bosses, I liked even more that my techs could hit mulitple parts of them.

Falz was cool, but cooler was the music and area, Olga flow was freakin awsome but the whole Ep2 was a major step up over Ep1 with the graphics (seabed is so freakin cool) and the bosses were unique. Nothing like the tvs and stuff and electroinic enviroment for the digital dragon boss in ep in PSU, Ep2 deffinitly had cooler enviroments even if they were more closed in and took less polytons and rendering power than the big open areas we have now they just felt cooler.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 14, 2006, 05:13 AM
I personally only got to chapter 6 offline, so I wouldn't know what bosses come in the future other then from the pictures showed on the main site. I do hope though that they add a water type-like boss similar to that of PSOs. Those were fun, because when he disappeared and went under the platform, it added a random factor to the gameplay.

I'm not saying the current bosses are any easier or less innovative then PSOs, because I would only assume the later bosses would be harder. The barebones of the matter probably was made clear by Mwa.

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 01:31 PM
I think the main thing is that they aren't quite as dramatic, and there are more of them, it doesn't help that some are very similar, or become normal enemies in the same mission, or later on (remember fighting the three SEED Vances?)
The bosses aren't as prone to their gran entrances and such surprises, remember seeing the dragon burrow for the first time? I can't say I'd've seen that one coming... Dark Falz's surprise final form, and the huge increase in the battle's difficulty?
the final boss battle of PSU wasn't even that hard, assuming you had some recovery items handy, I had six scape dolls, but didn't need a single one, I was pleasantly surprised by its final form... Ah, nostalgia...

Mwabwetumba
Nov 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
Remember that PSUs offline mode is somewhat...easy.
Dont expect the last boss to be easy on network mode!

Zuenza
Nov 14, 2006, 05:29 PM
Guys,Ultimate mode Olga Flow owned most of our asses several times in PSO.

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:29, Zuenza wrote:
Guys,Ultimate mode Olga Flow owned most of our asses several times in PSO.

He rapes lv 150 Fomars.

Wheatpenny
Nov 14, 2006, 05:38 PM
I do have to say that the Dragon is more challenging in PSU and that I crack up everytime OMOUGOUG or whatever his name is falls flat on his face when everyone clips his wings with ranged attacks...My only request is Olga Flow getting brought back as a special boss battle.To me that was the most epic boss fight ever in a game to this date.

Zuenza
Nov 14, 2006, 07:32 PM
I do have to say that the Dragon is more challenging in PSU and that I crack up everytime OMOUGOUG or whatever his name is falls flat on his face when everyone clips his wings with ranged attacks...My only request is Olga Flow getting brought back as a special boss battle.To me that was the most epic boss fight ever in a game to this date

QFT.

Randomness
Nov 14, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:38, Wheatpenny wrote:
I do have to say that the Dragon is more challenging in PSU and that I crack up everytime OMOUGOUG or whatever his name is falls flat on his face when everyone clips his wings with ranged attacks...My only request is Olga Flow getting brought back as a special boss battle.To me that was the most epic boss fight ever in a game to this date.

NO!!!!!! So much pain... So much suffering... So much relief when he bites the dust. I hate the first round of the fight...

As for PSU's bosses, I only recently saw an attack from Adahan I'd never seen him use before, a 360 Grom (Is that the laser?) Buster. I'm glad theres some gaps in it, because that would have HURT.

VanHalen
Nov 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-11-12 03:02, cobfab wrote:

On 2006-11-12 02:11, EJ wrote:

You say all the bosses on PSO have the same pattern and you can beat them in your sleep, the same can be said to PSU bosses. I don't know about you but to me, PSU is just a remake of PSO.

you are crazy well duh its a remake of PSO thats one of the definitions of a sequel(well not exactly but i think you know what i mean) every boss in PSU is not generic the only easy one to me was ongaigtf...bat dragon thing. the freaking robot pulls fake ninja moves on you and stuff granted you dont cheat. PSO bosses like dragon, vol opt, and dark falz( de rol le was the only hard one) were all predictable just by looking at them for 5 seconds i beat them on my first try with no effort and there not epic like PSU's life or death battles

Dragon: its gonna fly and blow flames at me wow

vol opt: he did the same thing over and over again and let you hit him

dark falz: was gonna pull every trick in the book like every final boss(his final form was the only hard one)

Alisha
Nov 14, 2006, 08:22 PM
exception to this is grina bete if that is considered a boss.

lol de regan just stand under his neck and spam rising strike.

lol onmagoug rangers can keep him perpetually grounded
oh and you fight him 3 times in story mode and twice in extra mode........

de ragnus is interesting but the only thing hard about him is killing him fast enough in story mode to get s-rank

dulk fakis is a F'ing joke once you realize the first form is weak against physical strong against magic,and the second form is weak magic and hunter cant brute force him.