PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone have a keyboard or something? (360)

MayLee
Nov 11, 2006, 12:29 PM
While playing PSU in network mode I hads a hard time communicating with others because they all had KEYBOARDS and the onlything I could say was, "Yes, no Congradulations, hello, Thank you, Nice to meet you, Want to do a run, ect"

It really sucks! How come I cannot type it up with my controller like in PSO? It's so hard and I think only one person came in a party with a mic but he left so I couldn't ask him if he could hear me clearly. Is there still problems with my mic too? I cannot hear a thing nor can others hear me and what is that thing that is crossed out underneath my EXP bar?

Faendryl
Nov 11, 2006, 12:51 PM
circle with a cross through it means your mic is muted or disconnected

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah, the thing under the Health/EXP bars is the mic symbol. If there's a red line through it it means your mic is disconnected. There are a lot of issues with Voice Chat right now, and it seems the only things that helps even remotely is to just load the Dashboard and Xbox Live before starting the game.

Everyone has a Keyboard because any USB keyboard works. Also, to use the Virtual Keyboard hit the "Back" button on your controller.

MayLee
On 2006-11-11 09:51, Faendryl wrote:
circle with a cross through it means your mic is muted or disconnected

Thaaat explains sooo much...>.<

initial_J
That thing that's crossed out is probably your mic symbol. Make sure it's plugged in all the way. I think hitting the back button brings up the keyboard.

Ryan407
Nov 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
I have noticed even if the mic is plugged in, sometimes it doesnt work for some people, but its really annoying to me when no one uses their mic in this game.

FenixStryk
Nov 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
The thing under your XP bar is your mic functionality icon. If it just shows a standard radio-esque style microphone, it works. If there's a big red (/) circe with a dash through it, it means it doesn't work. You also have to consider that people still have voice problems with unopened NATs and not starting up their 360 from the Dashboard...

I personally no longer have a mic, so I rely on my wireless USB KB, but I hear many people chat and in fact reply to them via KB often. *shrugs* Good luck finding the cure.

MayLee
Nov 11, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:54, Zeta wrote:
Yeah, the thing under the Health/EXP bars is the mic symbol. If there's a red line through it it means your mic is disconnected. There are a lot of issues with Voice Chat right now, and it seems the only things that helps even remotely is to just load the Dashboard and Xbox Live before starting the game.

Everyone has a Keyboard because any USB keyboard works. Also, to use the Virtual Keyboard hit the "Back" button on your controller.

Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MayLee
Nov 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:56, FenixStryk wrote:
The thing under your XP bar is your mic functionality icon. If it just shows a standard radio-esque style microphone, it works. If there's a big red (/) circe with a dash through it, it means it doesn't work. You also have to consider that people still have voice problems with unopened NATs and not starting up their 360 from the Dashboard...

I personally no longer have a mic, so I rely on my wireless USB KB, but I hear many people chat and in fact reply to them via KB often. *shrugs* Good luck finding the cure.

Thanks.