PDA

View Full Version : What about PVP?

Rageking
Nov 11, 2006, 01:10 PM
I haven't seen any heads of tail of PVP? Not even talk of adding it.....what gives!?!?!?

SEB
Nov 11, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yea i've been wondering the same thing...hopefully they'll bring it back.

Cry0
Nov 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
i cincerely doubt they'll put it in. but, you cn keep your fingers crossed if you want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Booster
Nov 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
I doubt it.

Even if they do (not likely), I'd hope they'd disable SUV and Nanoblast for PvP. Though, a PvP match might not last long enough to build the gauge for those moves...

.//booster

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 01:25 PM
PvP seems actually better than PSO. In PSO, it was usually whoever landed the first hit. Only problems I see is that you can easily combo people to death, and that zonde will be the only move I think that could actually hit anyone in PvP.

TheTasuke
Nov 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'm really hoping PvP is added... the gameplay just seems made for it in my opinion, I think it would go quite well, even with fighting against nanoblast and SUV. Force can run back and cast spells, Rangers can status effect (silence force, paralyze hunter) and Hunter can well... be hunters lol!

Haruka-sama
Nov 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
I want to think that they will add it eventually. If so, then yay! =D On their official site in their blog it says "You can now also engage a player or AI opponent in combat in various ways"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haruka-sama on 2006-11-11 14:29 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 11, 2006, 01:48 PM
another one of these threads? dunno cuz the game right now seems a little too broken at this point in time for PVP.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
There's a friggin' interview on the site. You guys need to read more.

PSOW: In online mode, will we see the return of any features such as Battle Mode or Challenge mode?

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, there is no Battle Mode or Challenge Mode. However, we may be able to add modes like this in the future. As for right now, no.

Of course they'll add it in.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 11, 2006, 03:14 PM
I can see a well lvled bullet ranger being too overpowered for pvp >>;

lvl 30 earth, shock, freeze, light anyone?

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-11-11 12:14, Shadow_Wing wrote:
I can see a well lvled bullet ranger being too overpowered for pvp >>;

lvl 30 earth, shock, freeze, light anyone?

If he wasn't getting juggled by a couple of hunters performing rising strike.

Tystys
Nov 11, 2006, 03:22 PM
PVP would be a bit difficult considering the fact that Damage is handled server side. People would be appearing all over the place

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
Not if they're on broadband like the rest of us. PVP will be so much better on PSU than it ever was on PSO -- even if it's awful! Why? PSO was all about who could deal the most damage without making you get knocked down. Getting knocked down was free heal time.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:50 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:49, Xbob wrote:
Not if they're on broadband like the rest of us. PVP will be so much better on PSU than it ever was on PSO -- even if it's awful! Why? PSO was all about who could deal the most damage without making you get knocked down. Getting knocked down was free heal time.

Um... PSU is Broadband only.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:50, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Um... I know, that's the point I was making. People only pop all over the place when you're getting your connection bogged down. I was making fun of people with slow broadband who see people pop up. Synth a sense of humor.

A2K
Nov 11, 2006, 07:54 PM
PvP wasn't all that great in PSO. A fun distraction every now and then, perhaps, but terribly unbalanced. It would probably be a bit more viable if there was some sort of active defense/blocking/evasion manuevers.

Booster
On 2006-11-11 12:07, Xbob wrote:
There's a friggin' interview on the site. You guys need to read more.

PSOW: In online mode, will we see the return of any features such as Battle Mode or Challenge mode?

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, there is no Battle Mode or Challenge Mode. However, we may be able to add modes like this in the future. As for right now, no.

Of course they'll add it in.

That is not definitive proof.

.//booster

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Booster on 2006-11-11 16:59 ]</font>

Miphesto
there is going to be an expansion....lol so we still have that to hope for

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-11-11 16:52, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-11 16:50, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Um... I know, that's the point I was making. People only pop all over the place when you're getting your connection bogged down. I was making fun of people with slow broadband who see people pop up. Synth a sense of humor.

Riiight... ok.

<.<

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:55 PM
PSO PvP was all about megid... >.>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 07:57 PM
Shit, what do you feed your PM for Sense of Humor?

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:57, ZiG wrote:

I dunno, mine came with the game.

.//booster

It's as good as.

Simple, let's do the math...

PSO had Battle. People liked to battle, but it was unbalanced due to the battle system.

PSU has a much more balanced and in-depth battle system, much more suite to PVP.

Sega says they "may" (Hah.) be able to add battle/challenge in later, but is not focusing on it at the moment.

Okay, so this all adds up to they probably won't do it? I think not. The only requirement I see them needing is that people don't all ditch the game in the first week because they're impatient bastards who can't wait a little while for some extra content. If they unlocked everything at once, we'd be hearing from the same crybabies in a month or so because they have absolutely nothing better to do than play PSU 24/7- and then complain about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 17:04 ]</font>

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 08:02 PM
I think a team PVP mode would be cool more than one on one. 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 would work. I think battles would be won based on equipment,lvl, and skill. Sure evasion is a problem but you can strafe and run. Spells and bullets will miss in PSU and enviroments do have trees and rocks to take cover behind I think it can be done just for fun.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 08:02 PM
PVP is retarded, anyway. All it does is give assholes more ammo.

Arguments will devolve into "Oh yeah? I could kick your ass in PVP." as if that had any bearing on whatever the topic of the argument is. It always happens.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:02, ZiG wrote:
PVP is retarded, anyway. All it does is give assholes more ammo.

Arguments will devolve into "Oh yeah? I could kick your ass in PVP." as if that had any bearing on whatever the topic of the argument is. It always happens.

I never experienced that. We always just played Battle Mode for fun. Getting your wins up was awesome. Made you feel like a real man.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:10 PM
Watching 2 rangers dance around while shooting dual handguns at eachother would be humorous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

FenixStryk
Nov 11, 2006, 08:11 PM
PvP could happen, and if it does it sure as hell will be more balanced. However, for now, don't hold your breath.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 08:11 PM
Not saying it's not fun, just saying people use it to fuck with people.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:14 PM
I say we settle this discussion in the arena.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 08:24 PM
lol...

ChibiMyu
Nov 11, 2006, 10:54 PM
I hope they add PvP, although I'm not going to get my hopes up.

It seems logical to put PvP in because it wouldn't take too much effort to add, and it could potentially lengthen the game's life span. When people get bored of grinding and killing monsters, they go and kill each other. It's worked in at least three online games I've played.

Sammy
Nov 11, 2006, 11:15 PM
If they do add a pvp, I hope they take out the lock-on melee weapons have. It'd be too easy with it.

Pikku
Nov 11, 2006, 11:25 PM
Hope they dont bring it back.
Or if they do well have fun. Never tried it on Dreamcast or Gamecube. Pvp seems useless and pointless to me and a waste of time.

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:41 AM
On 2006-11-11 17:00, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-11 16:57, ZiG wrote:

I dunno, mine came with the game.

.//booster

It's as good as.

Simple, let's do the math...

PSO had Battle. People liked to battle, but it was unbalanced due to the battle system.

PSU has a much more balanced and in-depth battle system, much more suite to PVP.

Sega says they "may" (Hah.) be able to add battle/challenge in later, but is not focusing on it at the moment.

Okay, so this all adds up to they probably won't do it? I think not. The only requirement I see them needing is that people don't all ditch the game in the first week because they're impatient bastards who can't wait a little while for some extra content. If they unlocked everything at once, we'd be hearing from the same crybabies in a month or so because they have absolutely nothing better to do than play PSU 24/7- and then complain about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 17:04 ]</font>

PSU is much more balanced? how is it balanced? unless they disabled every thing and you can only use basic attack then it would be balanced.

this game is WAY to heavily designed for PVE, the first one to get off a PA would win instanly, nanoblast would one or 2 shot any thing, adn the battles would last aslong as you had Monomates.

so no they will not put PVP in this game because it would suck horribly like it did in PSO.

Also Japs don't like PVP, the only people who seem to have intrest in PVP and make PVP worth playing is the Koreans.... Play rakion and yu will know what I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-11 23:52 ]</font>

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 03:01 AM
PvP does not suck on PSO. You say it sucks because you didn't give it any chance. PvP was best in DC PSO ver.2 where people did mostly BA6. Miranda 7 was crawling with battlers.

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
JPs don't like PvP? Have you ever been to any of the JP battle block in ver.2 and GC? I guess not. If you did, you would know that 90% of the games on the battle block is BA games but of course you would have to be a battler yourself to even know the BA block existed.

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:09 AM
because pvper's in PSO where abotu as cool as bingo players. O BOY I HAVE MORE MATS THEN YOU AND CAN USE MEGID I WIN! and Casts got compeltely boned in pvp.

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 03:18 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:09, Genobee wrote:
because pvper's in PSO where abotu as cool as bingo players. O BOY I HAVE MORE MATS THEN YOU AND CAN USE MEGID I WIN! and Casts got compeltely boned in pvp.

That is why people do Rule 6. Ver.2, HUcasts dominated in rule 6 if you know how to play and don't lose your weapons. GC rule 3 and 6, we eliminated techs later in the game and only did HU battles. JPs did the same thing, some even came to battle with us.

12Characters
Nov 12, 2006, 03:18 AM
All I know is.. There's nothing better then dueling with some friends and whippin' out some crazy hueg xbox rare they never saw you with before and mopping them across the floor.. Aww yeah bffs~

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2006, 03:43 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:18, cobfab wrote:

On 2006-11-12 00:09, Genobee wrote:

That is why people do Rule 6. Ver.2, HUcasts dominated in rule 6 if you know how to play and don't lose your weapons. GC rule 3 and 6, we eliminated techs later in the game and only did HU battles. JPs did the same thing, some even came to battle with us.

Dont forget HUcaseals ;o, I didnt like Hucats in BA6, but yea, ba6 was the only way to go.

ChibiMyu
Nov 12, 2006, 04:35 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:05, cobfab wrote:
JPs don't like PvP? Have you ever been to any of the JP battle block in ver.2 and GC? I guess not. If you did, you would know that 90% of the games on the battle block is BA games but of course you would have to be a battler yourself to even know the BA block existed.

I have to agree with this. I had a lot of fun PvPing with JPs and I learned a trick or two from them as well.

Even though I considered my main to be a force, I made a HUmar and HUcast just for BA rule 3 & 6. Megid spam is only fun until your oppenent realizes that dark resist works very nicely, and forces sure are squishy...