PDA

View Full Version : PSU360 mic or keyboard? whats your preference?

riotSPL
Nov 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
I personally dont like to use the mic if I can help it. I think it kinda takes away from the experience, I used to play PSO DC and didnt mind the word bubbles at all, infact i think it adds to the games personallity. When it comes down to typing, the word filter is just straight crazy... I mean everything i write goes to $%#%$#%$%$%$#%. Thats the only time I would like to pick up the mic and talk away. Its just weirds me out a lil to see a really awesome charcter with an unmatched user voice.. or is that just me??

the typing keeps the feel of the original PSO to me, but that nazi word filter just pisses me off..

the mic gives me freedom, just sometimes i really dont want to hear these users voices sometimes.. not only that but i dont like using a mic unless everyone has one too...

really in the end i really dont mind either one, its just each one of them has the pros and cons..

I dont know, just really wanted to post a topic, so what do you guys and gals think!??.

Tystys
Nov 11, 2006, 03:22 PM
For the 360? I'd go with the mic. A keyboard is still nice to have, though.

(Basing knowledge off of 360)

Midicronica
Nov 11, 2006, 03:26 PM
I use both while playing. When I'm in the lobbies chatting with other people I'll use my keyboard and while I'm in-mission I make full use of my 360 mic'. The word filter is quite annoying but I've found different ways for getting around it. Sometimes I'll type while in-mission and for some reason it always seems fun to be able to type and have people answer you back. My friends love when I use emotes while typing in-mission it always seem to get a good laugh out of them. (I don't overuse them either. -_-;)

Captain-Rio
Nov 11, 2006, 03:56 PM
Nobody i play with ever uses mic or keyboard so i haven't been usin either but the first day i used the mic.

But my mic hasn't been working lately so if anything i would use the keyboard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain-Rio on 2006-11-11 13:13 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
I prefer the mic actually, you get get a lot more across in terms of emotion and words. I'll sometimes use kb if I'm just lazy or having voice chat issues.

Swifty01
Nov 11, 2006, 07:21 PM
I prefer the mic, but a lot of people don't use theirs, so I have my keyboard hooked up just in case.

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 07:24 PM
As far as the 360 goes. I use the mic on occasion.But only when I play with my fiance and his buddies. I still get that "woah, your chic?!" response when I use the mic. So I mostly play the PS2 version.

Gavin_King
Nov 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
I use the mic the whole time.... but I'll use my keyboard in lobbies or if someone is having trouble hearing someone.....

Or for typing text messages obviously.