PDA

View Full Version : Did your character ever die in the game yet?

SEB
Nov 11, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm not boasting or anything but, my lvl 46 beast hasen't died once since i made him...Have any of your characters died yet?

I hope that ST raises the difficulty as time goes on.

Ether
Nov 11, 2006, 05:10 PM
Have you fought Onmagoug?

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 05:11 PM
No, but I have had a couple of close calls. I think the drive to get S-rank and the consequence behind dying is what keeps people going long long periods without dying.

Dukelion
Nov 11, 2006, 05:11 PM
I have died plenty of times sometimes because of stupidity. About 4/5th of them though have been me drawing an enemy away from a far weaker team mate so I can take the hits. Luckily I always have tons of scape dolls on me...so technically I don't know if I really HAVE died...

...thank you scape dolls.

SEB
Nov 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yes, i fought Onmagoug, his moves are very predictable so I never got hit.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:17 PM
Most notable deaths for my Beast:

Eating all pulses on Adahna Degahnas pulse cannon because of a wall glitch.
Devouring a searing hot river of lava from De Ragan because of a wall glitch and being unable to be healed.
Being raped by 4x Leader Vahras on A Rank De Ragan.

Sammy
Nov 11, 2006, 05:18 PM
You never got hit? But the characters move so slow and when you're in the middle of a combo you can't move.

Midicronica
Nov 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
The only time I've died was when I was playing a Grove of Fantatics run with a friend and while we were fighting the boss, my friend decided to "Unleash the Inner Beast" and begin to wail on the big bulky machine. Well, as you all know, you are unable to heal while in beast form. Instead of him backing off when his health dropped to yellow he continued to hit the boss. I saw this and ran over to heal him before he died, at that moment I guess he finally realized his health was low and began to run away. For some reason, I decided to chase him (Idiot.. -_-) attempting to heal him and in the process I was struck down by the boss' machine gun and killed.

SEB
Nov 11, 2006, 05:21 PM
Well when he falls down, i take out my Mukrudi and start hitting 300+ damage twice because it hits both areas and repeat...maybe I do get hit from time to time, but its not enough for me to get worried about.

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:09, SEB wrote:
I'm not boasting or anything but, my lvl 46 beast hasen't died once since i made him.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boast

I disagree, I believe you made this post because you have great pride that you never died and wanted to show off your achievement.

Grats though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif How are all the Neudaiz Rank A missions? Hopefully they will add harder missions in the future.

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 05:26 PM
Yea once I believe...and that was from Onmongog's lightening attack. As a ranger I tend to avoid most of the attacks, but with that type there's really nowhere to hide. My PM has died more than me actually..since the npc AI isn't as smart as a player and they tend to get caught up in "bad" situations.

SEB
Nov 11, 2006, 05:27 PM
Nah im not trying to boast, really, I just want to know if anyone else is having this good luck that I am.
I haven't tried Neudaiz Rank A mission yet...

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
You should, especially grove of fanatics. Allot of good stuff drops from that boss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:22, Nani-chan wrote:

On 2006-11-11 14:09, SEB wrote:
I'm not boasting or anything but, my lvl 46 beast hasen't died once since i made him.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boast

I disagree, I believe you made this post because you have great pride that you never died and wanted to show off your achievement.

Grats though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif How are all the Neudaiz Rank A missions? Hopefully they will add harder missions in the future.

Grove of Fanatics A is the hardest mission currently IMO. You won't last long without a Force in a party or (soloing); you have to go back mid-mission alot just to recharge or buy dimates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-11 14:32 ]</font>

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 05:32 PM
Onmagoug killed me twice in one round, and me and my friend still didn't kill it =/. The only other death I can remember is dying to De Ragen one time at a severly low level.

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 05:33 PM
I've been killed by De Ragan's lingering breath move, the one other than the straight beam, and by Onmagoug's lightning attack.

ryuartyi
Nov 11, 2006, 06:33 PM
I don't think I've died for 20 levels.

AnamanaAU
Nov 11, 2006, 06:34 PM
Once or twice in low level, but I spam mates a lot.

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:45 PM
I got roasted by De Ragen once. And ran over by the boss in the Haruka temple. I apologized for my poor play both times.

Wheatpenny
Nov 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
I have died plenty in this game it happens to all of us,and anyone who says they haven't yet is lying(What?I'm not gona sugar coat it,I'm calling it like it is.)and unless you died for something moronic like this: ZOMG I GOTTA JUMP IN DE RAGON'S MOUTH CAUSE IT'S BRIGHT IN THERE!!! then you have noting to worry about.I would see it as you were putting yourself in harm's way to get the job done.

Spacepest
Nov 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
The first time I died was when fighting DeRagon at a low level. It was my first time fighting him, so I didn't expect to be one shotted by him.

The second time I died was right after I got my beast's nanoblast.

I got the power nanoblast, and was fighting DeRagon when I transformed. "I'm gonna mess you up bitch! WTF?! I can't heal when I'm nanoblasted???" And then was roasted to death when his fire attack hit me.

Dammit, I know I should have gotten the invinciblity or defense blast badge instead.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:58, Wheatpenny wrote:
I have died plenty in this game it happens to all of us,and anyone who says they haven't yet is lying(What?I'm not gona sugar coat it,I'm calling it like it is.)and unless you died for something moronic like this: ZOMG I GOTTA JUMP IN DE RAGON'S MOUTH CAUSE IT'S BRIGHT IN THERE!!! then you have noting to worry about.I would see it as you were putting yourself in harm's way to get the job done.

Nono, some people HAVEN'T died once...

They do Fight for Food C until 10
Mad Creatures C until 15
Plains Overlord C until 25
Plains Overlord B until 35
Mad Creatures A until 40
Plains Overlord A until 50

Hell, even at lv40 I had to literally TRY to get myself killed on De Ragan A, and even then it was near impossible.

Try to get killed on Neudaiz and it happens within seconds. Try to live, and you can go places.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-11 16:03 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
I have yet to die.

Grove of Fanatics A turns me into a permanent ball of fire, but I've yet to die.

Knownoes
Nov 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
I, on the other hand, have died plenty of times. First time I died was was from de ragan and his bad breath. Luckily that was only C rank though, and the other 2 people in the party didn't really care.

Second time, running through one of the parum missions and getting smacked by 5 different guys at the same time. Instant KO.

Another time was today when a mate and me got our ass kicked by ohmahgohd's lightning attack. Or whatever that boss is called.

Other than that my deaths have been from simply attempting a higher ranked mission way before any of us could manage it and getting our ass handed to us on a plate.

edit: It's still fun though. =) Atleast in PSU there's no real penalty for trying harder missions. *cough* psobb*cough*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-11 17:14 ]</font>

ChibiMyu
Nov 11, 2006, 10:46 PM
I die a lot, but that's because I'm a supporter of death warping.

While skilling up in Linear Line A...

*simple mail icon appears*

Friend: wanna go to Grove of Fanatics?

Me: Sure, I'll be right there. *unequips armor and goes to socialize with delsabans* =D

If I get any more evasion, it might be faster if I run back though. =.=

Ether
Nov 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-11-11 19:46, ChibiMyu wrote:

Me: Sure, I'll be right there. *unequips armor and goes to socialize with delsabans* =D

You know you can just go into leader rights and abandon mission to warp back at any time, right?

DonRoyale
Nov 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
On story mode:

-Jarba deaths (multiple ones, very painful)
-(I forget their name, they're the sorcerer thing in the HIVE) deaths
-Durk Fakis death

That's it, I think.

Aberu
Nov 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
Trying to solo onma killed me and I left the place instantly thinking, this guy is ridiculous for a hunter.

Blitzkommando
Nov 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
I've died, oh boo-hoo. I find the consequences for dieing far lighter this round compared to the DreamCast PSO and PSOBB. I'd much rather not get a precious S rank than lose half my experience to the next level or have some wanker steal my weapon and money.

Hexadecimal
Nov 11, 2006, 11:30 PM
Ugh, three...

Once in a rather odd encounter with Kolotovs. A laggy moment resulted in me being surrounded, but to others they were scattered.

And being a force, and due to the annoying glitch where the game will register the USE of a mate, but not heal you... I died. The two De Ragan deaths were just bad luck. Critical hit, and getting stuck against him.

On a hilarious note, I survived a boulder throw by Ohnmagoug (level 20 FOnewearl) While the level 37 HUcast was OHKO'd by the same attack o_O;

Didn't make any sense at all.

Trey_Winters
Nov 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah, about four times total thus far.

Back when the resident Force in my group hadn't been able to play, myself and a Ranger went around doin' stuff on our own. We had just gotten through Mad Creatures C, and I asked him to check what level the next mission was. He went in, and suddenly it says a mission has started. I'm thinkin' "okay, must be the same". Nope. So, a lvl:7 Hunter and a lvl:6 Ranger ended up in the Sleeping Warriors C mission, and promptly died multiple times.

I also died once at De Ragan, my first time there. I kinda under-estimated the distance his fire breath could go one time, and well...yeah...

Nedeti
Nov 12, 2006, 12:41 AM
counting 5deaths by now

Kanore
Nov 12, 2006, 12:52 AM
Before today, like twice. Today wasn't my lucky day. I burned through 5 of my Scape Dolls for some reason. My brain was burnt out and I didn't take out my Resta fast enough >_>

ChibiMyu
Nov 12, 2006, 02:51 AM
On 2006-11-11 19:59, Ether wrote:

On 2006-11-11 19:46, ChibiMyu wrote:

You know you can just go into leader rights and abandon mission to warp back at any time, right?

Yes, but dying is so much more fun! I know I'm weird... <_<

Weak
Nov 12, 2006, 03:15 AM
I die lots of times. Most times its intentional. For instance, when I'm doing Relics A solo with a couple of idiot NPCs who die anyway, so I don't care about rank. Rather than wasting money on healing items, I just die and run back.

Unintentional deaths were Commander Vahra sandwich, and De Ragan fire breath while in Nanoblast combo.

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 03:38 AM
Seeing how i play a Newman Force... yes squish guts everywhere and shortly after dead. Not sure how many times though that's probably not a good thing ^_^;;;. Though haven't died since lvl: 25 currently 34 so keeping a good record thus far.

February
Nov 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
February died a lot at first. Being a Newman hunter will do that to you at low levels. But it hasn;t happened for awhile now. (Not counting times I Didn't care if I died due to having Scape Dolls. Yes, sometime sI just let myself died if I have them.)

Sexy_Raine
Nov 12, 2006, 06:39 AM
I rarely die, even as a newman force. Omnagoug B has one shotted my ass at lv24. In Grove of Fanatics B vs. my lv25-30 time at it has not killed me yet, because I'm that damn good. When I was fighting Adhana Madonna B yesterday (I'm leader of course), in my party, a level 29 female beast hunter gets one shotted from a full life bar and dies, probably from the laser. Those who say you haven't died must hide in the back in their parties, not me though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-12 03:41 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 09:14 AM
I died a few times but mostly doing stuff I wasn't ready for, like doing a b rank mission at level 5.

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 09:19 AM
I tried dying multiple times on a mission (solo) on purpose, just to see how low the ranking goes... IS there any ranking below a C? 'Cause i wasnt hitting it.

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 12:11 PM
I died on my first Creature Discomfort run with My HUnewearl Ria (she was stil FO at the time), i was in the last room and all the vahras decided to punch me at the same time... ;_; little Ria didn't stand a chance...

Trey_Winters
Nov 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-11-12 06:19, Apathy wrote:
I tried dying multiple times on a mission (solo) on purpose, just to see how low the ranking goes... IS there any ranking below a C? 'Cause i wasnt hitting it.

Not that I've seen.

When myself and a Force (who brought along Maya) fought Onmagoug for the first time, Maya died at least 5 times, and C was the lowest rank we got. We also got no points at the end, so I dunno what else there is to lose after that...

Ryoten
Nov 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
Is that a trick question?!? I died about 5 or 6 times if I don't include scape dolls. Damn dragon & onmagoug!!!

JaiBlue
Nov 13, 2006, 12:42 PM
Once and thats all it will ever be. T_T

McFresh_Bot
Nov 13, 2006, 12:45 PM
Last time I remember Steel Wang dieing was in his early teen lvls.