PDA

View Full Version : Nanoblast vs SUV Weapons

lavosmanx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:53 PM
So I was wondering, which are better and why? Beast's nanoblasts or the CAST's SUV weapons?

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 05:55 PM
Nano blast! It not olny changes your char's form but it powers up your stats by a ton. But when you use nano blast as long as its in affect you cant use recoveries.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blanze on 2006-11-11 14:56 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well if by better you mean stronger, then Nanoblast Power Mark by a grand margain. I haven't seen too many SUVs to see how effective their status effects they add are, but they sound nice on paper.

The_Gio
Nov 11, 2006, 05:56 PM
well beasts nanoblast lasts a certain time while casts suv weapons just shoot a big blast on the field,the beasts can move while their nanoblast is active while casts cant move

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
Both are roughly the same on single enemies, but SUVs shine when used on multiple targets, or enemies with multiple targets. Nanoblasts are best for single targets, though. Just my opinion, though.

Candor
Nov 11, 2006, 05:58 PM
the SUVs are so easy to switch depending on the situation, but they take up an extra slot. Nanoblast cost 10k each time you switch, but you'll always have it with nothing extra needed.

It's easy to miss with an SUV if the target simply moves to the side, but you're invincible during the attack. Nanoblast lasts longer, you have complete control, so you make sure you hit and avoid being hit.

I think nanoblast are better, and once things other than a healing unit become available for the extra slot, you won't be seeing many (or any) SUVs used.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:57, Schubalts wrote:
Both are roughly the same on single enemies, but SUVs shine when used on multiple targets, or enemies with multiple targets. Nanoblasts are best for single targets, though. Just my opinion, though.

Assuming the CAST knows how to aim his or her SUV.

On 2006-11-11 14:58, Candor wrote:
I think nanoblast are better, and once things other than a healing unit become available for the extra slot, you won't be seeing many (or any) SUVs used.

Solo maybe, but when a Force or somebody else with Resta is present in a party, NOT using SUV for additional damage is just dumb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-11 15:01 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 06:01 PM
All I know is when both are in your party and you're at boss, you have less than 20 seconds to get a hit in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:02 PM
I think nanoblasts are greater because they don't use the extra slot, the bar fills up faster and lasts longer when in use.

Oh yeah, and only having Hegel and Grom to choose from is getting kinda boring for me too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-11 15:03 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:02 PM
You can also miss with the SUV. I've seen casts miss on De Regan numerous times.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 06:03 PM
You can aim all you want or use Nanoblast all you want, but if the enemy can fly or teleport, it doesn't matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 06:03 PM
SUVs are AOE. Nanoblast are single target. They both do what they specialize at very well. If you position SUV right and hit an entire crowd of enemies..all the damage added up across all enemies is a ton, and any surviors are always left with a status effect (the infliction rate seems to be 100% in my experience)

Candor
Nov 11, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:02, hucast21 wrote:
You can also miss with the SUV. I've seen casts miss on De Regan numerous times.

QFT, first time my friend tried it on De Ragan it charged by him before a single shot. Second time however it glitched and he did his SUV inside of De Ragan and lit up the screen with numbers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:03, Schubalts wrote:
You can aim all you want or use Nanoblast all you want, but if the enemy can fly or teleport, it doesn't matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

This crap happened yesterday -.-. The minute this beast busted out his nano, the dragon flew off ans stayed up there for the whole duration of the transformation. Pissed me off. Longest dragon B battle ever!

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:05, Candor wrote:

On 2006-11-11 15:02, hucast21 wrote:

QFT, first time my friend tried it on De Ragan it charged by him before a single shot. Second time however it glitched and he did his SUV inside of De Ragan and lit up the screen with numbers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Awesome. I wonder how much damage was dealt to De Regan during that glitch.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:11 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:09, Silhouette wrote:
This crap happened yesterday -.-. The minute this beast busted out his nano, the dragon flew off ans stayed up there for the whole duration of the transformation. Pissed me off. Longest dragon B battle ever!

De Ragan flies away early if everybody in the party was doing some serious damage. Something I noticed after doing a billion De Regan runs.

Candor
Nov 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:09, hucast21 wrote:
Awesome. I wonder how much damage was dealt to De Regan during that glitch.

well i got in about 5 hits with my blast, and with the 2 other hunters and 1 force, De Ragan A was down.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:11, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-11 15:09, Silhouette wrote:

De Ragan flies away early if everybody in the party was doing some serious damage. Something I noticed after doing a billion De Regan runs.

Sometimes he just starts the fight by flying. I always Nano the second the fight starts, so when he starts flying and nobody even got a hit on him yet it makes me emo.

Nayte
Nov 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:03, EC_Subbie wrote:
Nanoblast are single target.

Nanoblast attacks work similar to swords in the way that you can hit multiple targets with each attack. It may not be large scale AoE but its definately not single target.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Sometimes he just starts the fight by flying. I always Nano the second the fight starts, so when he starts flying and nobody even got a hit on him yet it makes me emo.

Nano when he is ready to stomp because you know he's coming down to shoot his fire next.

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-11-11 14:58, Candor wrote:

I agree with this.. when things like whitill wings/ flame garments/black flame come out.. It will be beasts with wings + nanoblast vs every other race with just wings.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong when some more SUVs come out.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:16, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-11 15:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Nano when he is ready to stomp because you know he's coming down to shoot his fire next.

He starts the fight by flying so rarely that delaying a NB wouldn't be very exciting or fun.

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 06:19 PM
I'm not quite sure how the hell someone misses an SUV on De Ragan, because the thing takes up the whole damn screen. Do it right after it swings it's tail, because it'll stay still while it breathes fire.

And no, my SUV bar fills up just as quickly as any Nanoblast guage does. I'm a Hunter. Beasts are hunters. It's easy for me to fill it up.

Casts can miss their SUV, but Beasts can die during their Nanoblast. Which is the bigger waste?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:19, Zeta wrote:
Casts can miss their SUV, but Beasts can die during their Nanoblast. Which is the bigger waste?

I've never even dropped below 50% during a Nanoblast, and rarely below 75%, so that isn't much of a point.

DaizaThe7th
Nov 11, 2006, 06:21 PM
Nanoblast = More Damge Overall
SUV = Huge amount of Damage in a very short period of time

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:17, Garnet_Moon wrote:

He starts the fight by flying so rarely that delaying a NB wouldn't be very exciting or fun.

You have to learn some patience when holding your Nanoblast for a better opportunity.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:24, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-11 15:17, Garnet_Moon wrote:

You have to learn some patience when holding your Nanoblast for a better opportunity.

Alot of these casts that are missing with SUV's probably need to learn this as well.

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
I've only missed SUV on one boss, and that's the Robot in Temple. He's kind of unpredictable with his teleporting/shielding and such. The dragon is easy, just wait for him to start breathing fire, use it and you'll never miss. For Onmongog wait until his wings are shredded (yay Rangers!) then use SUV/Nanoblast etc. I have missed in Relics a few times, on the Svaltus mid-boss, but only because he randomly can strafe like 50 feet instantly.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:27 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:21, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I've never even dropped below 50% during a Nanoblast, and rarely below 75%, so that isn't much of a point.

Correct, especially if the Hunter is equipped with Gigaline. People assume that when you Nano, your armor is not equipped or something.

Even when I Nano, the HP/Restore in the slot is healing me (only a little at a time but nonetheless still there).

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
I want to retract my last post. I know several more SUVs will come out, I just need to be patient.

Yoruichi
Nov 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
I guess someone brought it up but generalized in the simplest of terms

SUV is like a SWORD and its PA AoE great for taking out numerous minions(if they are present) or a boss with more than 3 places to hit(I dunno if a SUV can hit 1 thing in multiple spots I've yet to obtain one today I hit 20 and test it out ^.^)

Where as a Nanoblast is like a spear focused to a central spot for high damage multiple times on that one spot. Where as I do anywhere from 600-1.2k+ (normal defense mobs) in one hit and I can cover up to 3 spots on a monster/boss if the spots are close enough (aka Relics boss). This is all with the power badge and for 60 secs.

As for other factors both contain CC even normal attacks from nanoblast give physical CC on one target(2-3 if they are very very tightly crumpled together) but SUV does more than knock downs and tosses it can also paralyze enemies, infact everyone thats in range.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 06:32 PM
I want the SUV Lou uses in the storymode CS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AnamanaAU
Nov 11, 2006, 06:33 PM
SUVs -
+More focussed damage.
+Future upgrades for more powerful weapons
-Has to be aimed and can miss if not.
-Slow start up and limited attack time.

Nanoblast -
+Stats boost
+1 minute of ownage
-Small rooms of mobs and lots of running can waste it.
-Can't use mates during this form.

Yoruichi
Oh on a side only 1 boss has ever got me low or killed me in nanoblast, soloing forest boss whatever one is not the giant robot. He hits like a truck and did the multiple hit spin thing...totally destroyed me on such a high rank mission.

hucast21
On 2006-11-11 15:30, Nani-chan wrote:
I want to retract my last post. I know several more SUVs will come out, I just need to be patient.

Yup. I want to know how powerful is the melee SUV. >_>

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:33, Yoruichi wrote:
Oh on a side only 1 boss has ever got me low or killed me in nanoblast, soloing forest boss whatever one is not the giant robot. He hits like a truck and did the multiple hit spin thing...totally destroyed me on such a high rank mission.

He almost killed me too with that move. I had to run away to waste my Nano so I can use two dimates. I never felt so ashamed being a Beast hunter. >_>

Wheatpenny
Nov 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
Realy what it boils down to is whether or not you are a hands on person(Nanoblast respectively) or if you like to watch stuff get the daylights shot out of it and or blown up.(SUV respectively)Even though I play a human I love seeing people use both..either way its to a mob's detriment so what does it matter..all boils down to personal preference.

Yoruichi
Nov 11, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:40, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-11 15:33, Yoruichi wrote:

He almost killed me too with that move. I had to run away to waste my Nano so I can use two dimates. I never felt so ashamed being a Beast hunter. >_>

You have great self control hun. I was so blood lusted I stood in there and took it...which was like 3seconds. He wiped me leo and my PM 1 move lol.

Cameroon1027
Nov 11, 2006, 07:02 PM
Nanos are so much better. but i've only seen a couple of suvs online. besides there are more types of nanos and all of them are good. unlike the one suv that only goes one direction which might miss sometimes. that really pisses me and my friend off when we're playing. he get's po'd when i'm the one who pwns with the nano.

Xeharu13
Nov 11, 2006, 07:08 PM
A considerable amount i seen tons of damage done to bosses and enemies with SUV shots

Cameroon1027
Nov 11, 2006, 07:10 PM
which one are you using?

AnamanaAU
Nov 11, 2006, 07:25 PM
Everyone uses the Grom Buster, no one uses Hegel. But at lv34 it does around 400~500 damage each hit.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:25 PM
Grom Buster does something like 10-12 hits to a single section on bosses for about 400-500 a hit in the span of a few seconds. Hegal seems to do about the same damage per hit but hits it less due to it's fire being spread out more.

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:25, BloodDragoon wrote:
Grom Buster does something like 10-12 hits to a single section on bosses for about 400-500 a hit in the span of a few seconds. Hegal seems to do about the same damage per hit but hits it less due to it's fire being spread out more.

Level 44 Cast Hunter LV 10, my Grom AND Hegel Buster do 750+

I use both. Hegel Buster for lots of enemies and Grom Buster for Bosses and bigger enemies.

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:02, Cameroon1027 wrote:
Nanos are so much better. but i've only seen a couple of suvs online. besides there are more types of nanos and all of them are good. unlike the one suv that only goes one direction which might miss sometimes. that really pisses me and my friend off when we're playing. he get's po'd when i'm the one who pwns with the nano.

In your other topic you don't even know where the ethernet cord goes.

You're post is invalid. Not to mention more SUVs are released with updates, while Beasts are stuck with the same ones.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 07:41 PM
Nanoblast is better ON PURPOSE, as a compensation for the fact beast's have terrible ATA so TECHNICALLY would be a little gimped as a hunter in comparison to a cast, that can attack from in front as well as behind. Having to hit from behind so much does lose you time on a run. Nanoblast makes up for this.

If SUV was as good as nano, cast would be a better race than beast. THANK GOD THAT ISN'T THE CASE, CAUSE I KNOW WHOSE ASS I'D RATHER STARE AT.

DrewSeleski
Nov 11, 2006, 07:44 PM
FROM BEHIND!

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:30, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-11 16:25, BloodDragoon wrote:

Level 44 Cast Hunter LV 10, my Grom AND Hegel Buster do 750+

I use both. Hegel Buster for lots of enemies and Grom Buster for Bosses and bigger enemies.

I'd probably do around those numbers if I switched back to my LV10 hunter but I'm trying to cap Ranger atm and those were the numbers that just came out of Ohmawhatsitsface a few minutes ago.

Nukei
Nov 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'd stick with SUV since if you're a FoCast, you won't lose your weapon for an amount of time and you can deal good damage ^_^.
I don't like nanoblast since I will lose my weapon use for an amount of time and to crappy damage ^_^

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:37, Nukei wrote:
I don't like nanoblast since I will lose my weapon use for an amount of time and to crappy damage ^_^

...excuse me?

PJesus
Nov 11, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-11-11 15:03, EC_Subbie wrote:
SUVs are AOE. Nanoblast are single target. They both do what they specialize at very well. If you position SUV right and hit an entire crowd of enemies..all the damage added up across all enemies is a ton, and any surviors are always left with a status effect (the infliction rate seems to be 100% in my experience)

Actually, You will always hit 2 with every swing with Nanoblast...

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:40, Garnet_Moon wrote:

...excuse me?

Exactly.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
My suv only hits 1 hit box on de ragan, even if im right by his side aiming at his entire extended body from left to right

This is the one with the 4 giant white lights that shoot out

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 11:09 PM
Does that on mulit hit location normal monsters too. ATM Nanoblast is more effective than SUV units available online on bosses and large targets. However SUV's are more effective on rooms full of enemies. Even more so when it involves spawns that go in waves since theres a good chance it can soften up or kill the next wave that comes out after the first one.

Marks
Nov 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
I don't like making people feel bad (and you shouldn't anyway) but SUVs are not equal to nanoblasts. With SUV if your lucky you might wipe out whatever you see on the screen. With nanoblast you can wipe out whatever is on the screen, whatever else spawns after, and whatever spawns in the next room. On bosses 50 seconds of nanoblast carnage also beats a few hits of an SUV. SUV for the few seconds it is active, does damage fast, but beast is fast enough. Beast attacks faster than a dagger, can hit 3-4 targets, does 600 damage per hit (high level) without crits, has knockdown abilities with the regular combo, and has a special knockdown and knockback move. Yes you can die with a nanoblast, but not likely. SUV's invincibility is not really a bonus as much as it is a necessity, SUV only lasts a few seconds, and you can't target or move at all while using it. You basically lose all control of your character, if you weren't invincible while using it, no one would use it. Just like for the second or two when you transform (and de-transform) into a beast, you can't move, but your invincible.

But casts do have some benefits, they have the best accuracy and they have a variety of SUVs they can change at any time and will get more in content unlocks.

SUVs and casts have their benefits, but to think a SUV can compare to 50 seconds of a nanoblast is ludicrous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-11 20:52 ]</font>

mech259_
Nov 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
I AM A CAST AND I CANNOT ADMIT THAT NANOBLAST > SUV!

SO I WILL REPLY TO THIS POST WITH SOME ARGUMENTS ABOUT WHY SUV IS JUST AS GOOD AS NANOBLAST! UNFORTUNATELY, THEY WON'T MAKE ANY SENSE AND I WILL LOOK STUPID. =(

AzureBlaze
Nov 12, 2006, 12:17 AM
As an android, I have to step to the defense here.

But first, let me agree.
As an owner of the Hegel and Grom, I can say that they don't stack up to the nanoblast. Large bore laser, 1 shot...well de ragan's had it, but you've really got to get lucky with these things as well.

However:
These are BS SUVs. They are 1 star. They're the first thing out, and aren't even trying to be rare, special or good. They're probably like the 'handgun' of SUV.
New updates will bring more SUVs, and better ones. The next JP update has some giant rampage-fists one that probably goes on a rampage like a nano blasting beast for a while, punching stuff for massive damage.

There will be better SUVs in the future, but the beast blast will never upgrade. Both attack powers go up as you level, but only SUV can change around and upgrade and buy better ones. Beast blast has to be awesome now, because that's all it ever does. These weps will be on par with it, but it'll take some upgrades to get them there, I think.

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 12:22 AM
I would agree with Azure, they probably will bring some really nice SUVs, especially when the SUV takes as much time to charge as nanoblast and it takes a extra slot. Maybe because it takes up a slot they will even release SUVs that surpass nanoblasts. Or SUVs that surpass nanoblasts but only in certain situations, since you can switch out SUVs in a mission.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
SUVS WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS NANOBLAST.

That will result in race imbalance, PURE AND SIMPLE.

Lyrise
Nov 12, 2006, 12:30 AM
I can argue it down pretty well. An SUV can be used very effectively in party play, cleaning out rooms upon rooms of tough monsters, and quite possibly saving them. Addition of status infliction is icing on the cake. (This will be very apparent when you get Bruce's Dungeon) A Nanoblast however, affects only one person, does nothing for aiding the party in any other way than offense, and unless you're using the invincibility blast, does nothing when you find yourself fighting against something insanely stronger than yourself (re: Bruce's Dungeon again).

Rokiv
Nov 12, 2006, 12:31 AM
One aspect of the SUV that is absolutely lame in all aspects is the fact that it only hits one target on Boss monsters, while Nanoblasts can hit 3 targets in a single swipe. What the hell is up with that?

Zakuro
Nov 12, 2006, 12:32 AM
I think it depends what new SUVs bring. Like Azure said, we have only seen the weakest SUVs so far. They may even serve special purposes besides damage in the future, such as reliably applying SEs to targets that are normally immune to all but the highest SE lvl. That could be worth more than whatever damage it loses compared to nanoblasts.

ShinMaruku
Nov 12, 2006, 12:33 AM
Well Nanoblast >>>> all for me for the reason that the laides get naked... but that's just my Itagaki mind talking.. I see balnce with both of them. Can't really pick whgen you either shoot the shit out of somthing or make somthing know what it feels llike wiht a size 40 up yo ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-11-11 21:34 ]</font>

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 01:11 AM
I can clear a room faster than a beast ... Beasts can kill a Boss faster than I can ... Ill call it even.

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:24 AM
Actaul nano blast hit Multiple enemies

Zer0_ConvoY
Nov 12, 2006, 02:31 AM
but not quite as many as the suv is capable of hitting and as far as aim with ragan, I wait till he tries to breathe fire at one of us as that gives enough time for my suv to unload

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 03:19 AM
You casts are in denial. SUVs can only kill what you see in the room if your lucky, nanoblast can kill everything in the room and everything that spawns after and everything in the next 2 rooms. At the moment the 1 star SUVs do not compare at all to nanoblasts.

A2K
Nov 12, 2006, 03:36 AM
I think we're going about this all the wrong way. It doesn't really matter which one is better--both are useful additions to any mission. I can't really fathom any particular situation in an actual party where one would have to make actually some sort of choice between the two.

It isn't as if having SUV weapons--or lacking any sort of special racial ability for that matter in the case of humans and newmans--is that huge of disadvantage, is it?

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
Humans and newmans have more racial advantages than nanoblast and SUV combined. They have crea weapons.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 12, 2006, 03:54 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:47, Marks wrote:
Humans and newmans have more racial advantages than nanoblast and SUV combined. They have crea weapons.

I spilled my tea laughing at this one. You're good with the jokes. :^)

Yoruichi
Nov 12, 2006, 04:06 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Don't be a fool we all know Crea weapons are broken and make newmans and humans overpowered. I'm still waiting for Sega to see this and take them out of the game, this is getting like World of Warcraft shamans.

Rokiv
Nov 12, 2006, 04:45 AM
On 2006-11-12 01:06, Yoruichi wrote:

On 2006-11-12 00:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Don't be a fool we all know Crea weapons are broken and make newmans and humans overpowered. I'm still waiting for Sega to see this and take them out of the game, this is getting like World of Warcraft shamans.

What, they equip Crea weapons and become invincible?

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 08:12 AM
Boys Boys ... If you are having trouble clearing a room with your suv then perhaps you need to quit playing with it so much. You guys see the monsters, get all excited, set it off prematurely, and SO miss the mark. Gland some ego suppressant and take it slow dears. There should be no reason your aim is so off, and no reason the many cat-girls out there should be making you feel inferior. Trust me i can clear a room fine.

I swear ... Im sticking to my claim... Multiple enemies [SUV > Nano] ... Bosses [Nano > SUV]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-12 05:15 ]</font>

Arieta
Nov 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
Well I party with Casts quite often, and I'm a Beast hunter myself. From my own experience I would have to say that the Nano is a lot better. On all the A missions most of the time the SUV just weakens the entire room by a tad. If there's any huge mobs (like the Rhino's in relics), it barly effects them. I think they just shrug and swat away the bug that's annoying them.

Anyways, a nanoblast though would have cleared that entire room and still have had enough time to go into the next room and soften it up. It's also a great boss killer since it hits 3 points at once per hit.

A lot of people seem to think that the Nano can only hit one target at a time, that's quite false. You can hit 3 mobs at a time, if they're in front of you. It's very much like the Sword in that it hits multi targets in front of you. I've been attacking mobs in front of me and have had mobs to the side of me take damage and fall over dead.

In places like Fanatics SUV as it is right now is quite lackluster. It barly does any damage to the robots. Only good thing about is that if it happens to kill a mob during the SUv they don't explode and damage us.

Arieta
Nov 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
Though I guess I should add this in, SUV is good for quick burst damage. It goes in, does it's thing in a few seconds and goes away. Gives all that damage in just 5 seconds. The nano on the other hand has to use it's full minute to get all of the juice out of it. So if you need damage quick and fast, SUV's the way to go. If you have the time, nano's better since it's damage will quadrual whatever the SUV can do as of right now.

TheStoicOne
Nov 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
I swear I heard Lou call it a "sub" weapon

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cheesus Crust you guys are still arguing about which is better?Why don't you beasts and cast all get to gether and use your powers to PWN De Ragon and we all be happy instead of wasting time arguing over who's better.And yes we humans and newmans get the Crea weapons and seeing it as we don't get much else thats our "prize" for playing as what we are.

Reeve
Nov 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
gotta say some of the beasts here certainly dont see the advantages of SUV at all, for a start if you really want to compare damage you dont compare 1 minute of nano to a 10 second SUV you compare 1 minute of nano to 10 seconds of SUV and about 40 seconds of regular combat damage (10 seconds deducted assuming you want to get perfect positioning)

then you have the fact you must move your sorry asses to the target(yes this takes time and it adds up if you have multiple scattered enemies) SUVs dont have to worry about this

yes nano is best on bosses if they dont move about at all but bosses like the robot one teleport and the dragon flies away, cast can just time thier suvs so they always get maximal damage, nanoblasts dont have that luxury because of the unpredictability of bosses

and you have the disadvantage of not being able to heal(not a biggy in the group but on harder solo missions you may not be doing yourself any favours)

the only real advantage of beasts is they have use of the extra slot but if casts want to save their SUV's for a later battle they can use an extra item aswell when its fully charged and just unequip it and re-equip it later when they need to use it

as for casts being imbalanced if their SUV's were any more powerful,have you seen how broken the accuracy stat is? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it certainly feels that way

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-11-12 08:57, Reeve wrote:
gotta say some of the beasts here certainly dont see the advantages of SUV at all, for a start if you really want to compare damage you dont compare 1 minute of nano to a 10 second SUV you compare 1 minute of nano to 10 seconds of SUV and about 40 seconds of regular combat damage (10 seconds deducted assuming you want to get perfect positioning)

then you have the fact you must move your sorry asses to the target(yes this takes time and it adds up if you have multiple scattered enemies) SUVs dont have to worry about this

yes nano is best on bosses if they dont move about at all but bosses like the robot one teleport and the dragon flies away, cast can just time thier suvs so they always get maximal damage, nanoblasts dont have that luxury because of the unpredictability of bosses

and you have the disadvantage of not being able to heal(not a biggy in the group but on harder solo missions you may not be doing yourself any favours)

the only real advantage of beasts is they have use of the extra slot but if casts want to save their SUV's for a later battle they can use an extra item aswell when its fully charged and just unequip it and re-equip it later when they need to use it

as for casts being imbalanced if their SUV's were any more powerful,have you seen how broken the accuracy stat is? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it certainly feels that way

UMmm you have to actualy have to aim the thing. IF you miss your done for the day. Atleast Nano lasts long enough to correct your self. Also Nano can disable a boss SUV can't.

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 02:25 PM
You make it sound like the current SUVs are even worth looking at compared to nanoblasts. Your wrong. Yeah you have to run up to your targets, but you have 50 seconds to do it! And maybe 10 seconds of nanoblast can do as much damage as an SUV, and then you still got 40 more seconds to go.

After 50 seconds of nanoblast at a decent level you should have done AT LEAST 40,000 damage, probably much more if you have a lot of enemies in the room. If you have enemies that take a long time to kill, you could do about 60,000 damage in those 50 seconds. And while you are doing all this crazy damage you get free knockdowns on the enemies. How much damage does an SUV do? Even if it hits the entire room?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-12 11:29 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
Dang this is still going back and fourth..Come on now this is crazy.Why can't you guys just be happy with the fact that each of them are a unique trait and also is an extra avenue to do more damage?

HatMaster
Nov 12, 2006, 03:06 PM
Wow...why are we arguing? Just go with the one you think is cooler. They both do a crapload of damage, they both look sweet and they both come in very useful when killing things.

Funny SUV story, though. Doing Grove of Fanatics and I fell behind a little when I went to grab a soda. Got back, followed the path my group took and reached a door.

I took a step forward and as soon as the door opened, three robots FLEW out of the room and right over me, followed by this giant beam of light.

Needless to say, I respect SUVs after that. I still remember thinking 'I'm gonna die and I have no idea why.' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reeve
Nov 12, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-11-12 11:25, Marks wrote:
You make it sound like the current SUVs are even worth looking at compared to nanoblasts. Your wrong

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-12 11:29 ]</font>

your post makes it sound like you have a choice between which one you choose to have and i know i certainly didnt pick my class for a 'limit break' style ability

and as far as me being wrong, well where the fuck did i make statements like SUV>nano i just said people in this thread were calling SUV's a piece of shit without taking everything into consideration

Reeve
Nov 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-11-12 11:24, Genobee wrote:

UMmm you have to actualy have to aim the thing. IF you miss your done for the day. Atleast Nano lasts long enough to correct your self. Also Nano can disable a boss SUV can't.

good point about the disabling thing but if you time your suv right it will always hit with all the damage it can atleast on the current bosses anyway

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 04:48 PM
Wow this thread is still going...dear lord.I think I am gona go get a cheese sandwich now.