PDA

View Full Version : Which offline melee weapon is better?

lavosmanx
Nov 11, 2006, 06:39 PM
I'm playing on extra mode and I was wondering, which melee weapon is the best? Which can effectively do the greatest ammount of damage without being penalized for it. Thanks.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 06:40 PM
Id say spear and/or doublesaber

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 06:44 PM
The S-Rank Muktrand spear from Tenora.

DONTOSE
Nov 11, 2006, 06:46 PM
the s-rank claw is the best offline its a really powerful weapon.

lavosmanx
Nov 11, 2006, 07:17 PM
double saber as in paired sabers or the double bladed photon staves?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:17, lavosmanx wrote:

Double Sabers: Darth Maul
Twin Sabers: Dual weilding Ninjas

lavosmanx
Nov 11, 2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the input!

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 07:26 PM
I prefer claws. Very effective to use. Spears are not but your aim has to be accurate to hit the target and you can only hit whats in front of you with basic attacks. The spear PA is ok. I just prefer the claws.

Gamemako
Nov 11, 2006, 07:52 PM
Double saber has that silly little Tornado Dance PA. Not good when you're going for a time limit though.

There is no real best. Pick your favorite. A lot of people like the spear because it does damage and doesn't knock things down. Others prefer weapons like the twin sabers that stun strong enemies and keep you alive. Purely a matter of preference.

Kano-Okami
Nov 11, 2006, 08:27 PM
I'd say Go with the ANY type of daggars.
Its PA does great range, does multiple hits and clears enemies when your surrounded.
.. The spear, however, always left me open for too long it never cleared enough enemies for my taste.

PJesus
Nov 11, 2006, 09:17 PM
Spear, hands down...

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 09:21 PM
Spear seems to tear through things a lot faster than anything else for me. Haven't tried a double saber, though.

Kano-Okami
Nov 11, 2006, 09:23 PM
Theres nothing hands down about it, PJesus D:<
Those NPC helpers are good as another hole in the head when taking on swarms. Daggars+PhotonAttack=Sucess
Hands Down

Kent
Nov 12, 2006, 01:06 AM
Single claw is my personal favorite for quickly dispatching enemies (especially the big ones with multiple target points). The PA you can buy for it, is obscenely powerful once you get the second attack in the combo.

BrentGamer
Nov 12, 2006, 01:12 AM
I love spears, online or not. Being a Ranger, I always carry 3 Elemental lances in addition to my Rifles, and they really do a good job of letting me get in kills and conserve my Rifle ammo at the same time.

Zorafim
Nov 12, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-11-11 16:18, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-11 16:17, lavosmanx wrote:

Double Sabers: Darth Maul
Twin Sabers: Dual weilding Ninjas

I'm nit-picking here out of boredom, but twin sabers seem look more spanish than ninjaish, similar to Soul Calibur's Cervantes' fighting style.

Oh, and I loved single dagger and spear. Spear is easy to use if you lock on to your target first. It becomes really versatile if you get Dus Roberto.
Dual dagger I didn't really care for as much as single, even though I did end up using it more. The harder to obtain PA wasn't really much better than the store bought one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-11-11 22:41 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 12, 2006, 01:42 AM
...I don't really think that's what was meant. More in line of how Ninja in Final Fantasy games are basically iconic of dual-wielding.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2006, 01:50 AM
I don't know what you mean about penalizing for using it.

It really depends on your spawns.

For the first extra mission you get in story mode you have a 1:50 time limit to get S-Rank.

Switching up weapons on the fly for the different spawns and using PA in the right situation leads to you getting to the target point gate in 1:50 while killing everything in that level.

That was tons of fun and a learning experience for me and none of the other recurring stages were as close to challenging as that one was.

Try out all the different types you want to, then pick your owns bests and favorites, since you have all the time in the world in extra mode and you can always get more money/items.

Not everyone is going to like the spear, for example.