PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Which content do you look forward to most?

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:21 PM
Rather than constantly complain about why we don't have everything last year, let's start looking forward to some true content updated! Not just new missions, things we "know" (As in, there's little chance that they will not happen, but people who like to be cynical disagree.) are going to come sooner or later!

Personally, as I said in another post, I'm all for Battle Mode, you?

Don't just vote, explain which and why!

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 08:23 PM
I really want the expert classes. Right now my human force feels inferior lol, but I'm still having a blast.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:24 PM
Endless Nightmare... but with bosses! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:25 PM
Good idea blood, multiple bosses at once no less! At the end you'll get Olga Flow (HE RETURNS!!!) at Dulk Fulkis or whatever together! To make sure you don't call it easy, they'll make people randomly die for NO REASON! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zomgarappy
Nov 11, 2006, 08:25 PM
Rappy Festivals!

February
Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
Expet Classes and more Clothes

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
I'm looking forward to an exspansion disc for the PS2 more than anything. Plus its inevitable. I'm hoping that the update patches for online effect offline extra mode as well. With the an exspansion disc its easier to cram alot of data at once. Not only that it will spare our memory cards for PS2 players. The potential for PSU content is high. The expanmsion disc can add 2 or 3 new worlds. More weapons,Macros,new character races and classes, battle mode,ect

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:28 PM
Could you just imagine a endless nightmare mission on parum where you go thru these massive hordes of koltova and distova in the final room then when you think you're done 5-10 of those giant boss type ones spawn and attack? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Weak
Nov 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
Classes, clothes, weapons, quests. New enemies.

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 08:32 PM
If they made a endless nightmare, it should be like this.

A HUUUUUGE room. [x5 the normal size of the final boss second form]
*4 De Ragen walking around
*3 Omnagougs
*4 Aganda Degadnas
*2 Seed Lances
*Final Boss
*Insert many othe bosses

lol.

BooChan
Nov 11, 2006, 08:33 PM
woah. I got a bad case of typoitis today.

Midicronica
Nov 11, 2006, 08:35 PM
More techniques.

Remedy
Nov 11, 2006, 08:36 PM
Other: Gi/Damu- techs and buffs/debuffs

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:36 PM
Endless Nightmare - Boss Mode - Challenge Mode.

Start as a party of 6 at level one and fight nothing but boss after boss XD

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:28, BloodDragoon wrote:
Could you just imagine a endless nightmare mission on parum where you go thru these massive hordes of koltova and distova in the final room then when you think you're done 5-10 of those giant boss type ones spawn and attack? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

No, No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!

God I fucking hate those big ones. They walk up to you slow enough, and by barely flicking their head you fall over. The most annoying thing in this game is being knocked over and hearing those stupid grunts. >.<

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 08:49 PM
When they do an expansion, I hope there are a LOT of new techniques! I know they can't create endless photon arts and technics, but I want some air techs already! Gusta, or Winda, or Breeza! Give it up Sega! We got Earth, now we want air!

Quark713
Nov 11, 2006, 09:01 PM
I kinda want Battle Mode...
FEAR MY CANE/HANDGUN COMBO OF DEATH!

Rizen
Nov 11, 2006, 09:04 PM
Personally I look forward to the return of Challenge mode. It was very interesting.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 09:05 PM
I think forces are severely gimped for PvP. Sure, they have some powerful spells, but c'mon. You guys cast like a typical boss fight. You tip your hand before you cast. Who in their right mind will charge you in a straight line, and not a zig zag pattern? Gi spells? Well by the time a Hunter is that close you're doomed for an endless air juggle. >.>

Rangers though. Oh god that is going to be fun.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 09:06 PM
If they do have challenge mode, it would be a lot of fun if you leveled how you do on Extra Mode! Everything levels much quicker, but you still start at 1!

I think forces are severely gimped for PvP. Sure, they have some powerful spells, but c'mon. You guys cast like a typical boss fight. You tip your hand before you cast. Who in their right mind will charge you in a straight line, and not a zig zag pattern? Gi spells? Well by the time a Hunter is that close you're doomed for an endless air juggle. >.>

Simple, wands cast quicker, and bows will become more useful in battle mode. You can't always dodge and you're probably not going to always be one-on-one, so if you're fighting someone who isn't that force, you'll easily be targetted, Gi spells cast like normal spells and are homing as you know, so you have to fear. And if you get frozen, say goodnight. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Plus, the megid series drains HP to deal damage, while grants converts the user's HP into damage. It can get really devastating. Poison spray FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 18:08 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:06, Xbob wrote:
If they do have challenge mode, it would be a lot of fun if you leveled how you do on Extra Mode! Everything levels much quicker, but you still start at 1!

Simple, wands cast quicker, and bows will become more useful in battle mode. You can't always dodge and you're probably not going to always be one-on-one, so if you're fighting someone who isn't that force, you'll easily be targetted, Gi spells cast like normal spells and are homing as you know, so you have to fear. And if you get frozen, say goodnight. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Plus, the megid series drains HP to deal damage, while grants converts the user's HP into damage. It can get really devastating. Poison spray FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 18:08 ]</font>

Wands cast quicker, but there is still lots of time to side step. It's like tipping your hat, but they do it quicker.

Quark713
Nov 11, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, fear the Force!

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Wands cast quicker, but there is still lots of time to side step. It's like tipping your hat, but they do it quicker.

And if a Hunter misses their PA or combo, a fast and/or furious force has a wide opening to create some serious damage. The reason you have the benefit of being able to dodge our spells is because they can add up to a very quick death if you're not careful! And they have a fairly wide range of "deadzone" so that we don't have to pinpoint TOO much. So if you zig when you need to zag, you're gonna hurt.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:13, Xbob wrote:

And if a Hunter misses their PA or combo, a fast and/or furious force has a wide opening to create some serious damage. The reason you have the benefit of being able to dodge our spells is because they can add up to a very quick death if you're not careful! And they have a fairly wide range of "deadzone" so that we don't have to pinpoint TOO much. So if you zig when you need to zag, you're gonna hurt.

Well, yeah... the only PAs anybody would use have a big range and can one-shot you guys. Your best bet is to pray Nosmegid one-shots us or Megid works. o.O

Quark713
Nov 11, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:16, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-11 18:13, Xbob wrote:

Well, yeah... the only PAs anybody would use have a big range and can one-shot you guys. Your best bet is to pray Nosmegid one-shots us or Megid works. o.O

Eh, true...

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:16, Garnet_Moon wrote:

You're forgetting that we too can move and our defense isn't as bad as it was in PSO, albeit it's nothing special. Hunters will have to get to us before they can start to kill us, not to mention our team, and Rangers outdamage and outstatus-effect us overall, but in single shots we do much more. They have to make sure we don't use resta, or even items. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif All this talk of who is going to whoop who is making my pants quite uncomfortable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 18:19 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 09:21 PM
I wonder how much DFP mobs in A-Rank missions have compared to Player characters? Has there been any info of their stats released to the public or from people cracking the discs for codes? I wonder if i'll be doing double damage in PvP because player chars only get half the defense mobs get. Hmm... now i'm even more interested in knowing mob stats.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 09:31 PM
Also of note: try dodging the hunters that are rushing you from behind AND the one(s) from the front at the same time! Where's your magic now, huh?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 09:33 PM
I want to see an enemy team dodge my Tornado Dance when i'm going in an "S" pattern to get to them, then a final one right through their ranks. Hopefully i'll have my new PC when they release PvP so I can get it on video or something.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 09:44 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:31, Schubalts wrote:
Also of note: try dodging the hunters that are rushing you from behind AND the one(s) from the front at the same time! Where's your magic now, huh?

It's in the ranger behind me freezing your ass with traps! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif but what if we have ice armor on?

TheTasuke
Nov 11, 2006, 09:48 PM
Clothes

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 09:50 PM
Then you get paralyzed!

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 10:00 PM
The big fireball hitting his face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-11 19:01 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 10:00 PM
What's to stop the hunter from freezing you with an ice handgun? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 10:03 PM
Hunter would have it's up and downs...

1. Same speed as everyone, and since attacking stops you, you'll most likely miss, depending on the weapon.
2. A force's evasion might pose a problem
3. A well timed Gi tech could lead to doom.
4. Rangers will wipe the floor with you.

The good:
1. A single good combo would wipe out most easily
2. High HP, high Def
3. Dealing good damage with a handgun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-11 19:03 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-11-11 19:03, Vorpal wrote:
Hunter would have it's up and downs...

1. Same speed as everyone, and since attacking stops you, you'll most likely miss, depending on the weapon.
2. A force's evasion might pose a problem
3. A well timed Gi tech could lead to doom.
4. Rangers will wipe the floor with you.

The good:
1. A single good combo would wipe out most easily
2. High HP, high Def
3. Dealing good damage with a handgun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-11 19:03 ]</font>

As for Force:

The Good:

- Very high single target damage

- Good crowd damage

- Status effects

- Homing spells

- Ability to heal HP and status

- Evasion up the butt

- Very high magic resistance

- High ATA for bows

- The Great Xbob is a force

The Bad:

- HP so low butterflies are deadly

- Mediocre; but not bad, defense

- Tip-of-the-hat attacks, as stated above

- If battle is anything like PSO, then resta heals enemies

- If you're not using Gi, you may miss

- Horrendous melee skills, decent with bullets, however

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 01:58 PM
S Rank weapons,The advance classes to use those S ranks,More clothes,no seriously more clothes.

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:17 PM
whatever sega gives us.

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 02:24 PM
LOL, e-Peen, huh? Guess I want mine real big, 'cause PvP is somethin' I look forward to.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 02:29 PM
can't wait for expert classes, strong blade weapons, new clothes, and new photon arts.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
I seen that the jp version got that Bruce's mission deal. So I am looking forward to missions like those. And just all around excited to see what sega has planned for PSU.

Spacepest
Nov 12, 2006, 04:27 PM
More online missions and levels unlocked.

More clothes.

And for the love of gawd...more room decoration/reform tickets! Everyone now has like the same four wallpapers it seems like! I saw on the JP Sega website a pic of some wallpaper coming up...zebra striped...OMG MUST HAVE. Anything but pink, blue, green clover flowers!

XCOPY
Nov 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
Clothes, definitely. It seems like such a simple thing...but it's rather annoying that even offline there are only a handful of different outfits. It's sad when the level of customization in this game is surpassed by WWF Warzone from psx....which is a game from 1997 if I recall.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 05:17 PM
PvP? Spear users would be undefeated. How many monsters are alive after a full direct(no 0's and no low end variables) attack from dus daggas? I don't think a player would be able to.

On 2006-11-12 11:29, Shiroryuu wrote:
can't wait for expert classes, strong blade weapons, new clothes, and new photon arts.

Same here. That and raising the cap are what I'm looking forward to the most.

Roken
Nov 12, 2006, 05:18 PM
Battle Mode... but also more clothing, as well as more colors to clothing already available.

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 05:23 PM
Honestly, I just want my clothes and my Halloween Event items. I heard there was a Spear from that event with a bat/pumpkin on the tip of it. And the Reform tickets (including the Halloween one), are what I look forward to. Let's do a recap, please!

1. Clothes.
2. Halloween Event Items.
3. Reform Tickets.

Eviltaru
Nov 12, 2006, 05:27 PM
battle dome for pvp would be fun .... i'll go with that...

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-11-12 14:17, Silhouette wrote:
PvP? Spear users would be undefeated. How many monsters are alive after a full direct(no 0's and no low end variables) attack from dus daggas? I don't think a player would be able to.

If you don't miss. A missed attack can be your death.

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-11-12 14:31, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-12 14:17, Silhouette wrote:

If you don't miss. A missed attack can be your death.

You miss much more on PSO, so I know what you mean >.>

Itsuki
Nov 12, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:04, Rizen wrote:
Personally I look forward to the return of Challenge mode. It was very interesting.

Bruce's mission is about as close as we've gotten to challenge mode so far -> http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126473&forum=22&5

Mazoku
Nov 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
Really I'd be happy with any new content, but mostly I want more missions and some CAST parts.

happy_cricket
Nov 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
More clothes.

EC_Subbie
Nov 12, 2006, 07:17 PM
Expert classes and Moatoob are my most anticipated things for now. I want a laser cannon... T_T

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2006, 07:29 PM
my realistic anticipations are moatoob abd hybrid classes.

my unrealistic are: Hyuga's clothing, Challenge mode, Battle mode, and expansion pack.

DesDes
Nov 12, 2006, 07:38 PM
Story Missions are what I look forward the most.

VelosofLight
Nov 12, 2006, 07:52 PM
Did they ever make it 100% for sure that there'll be PvP? I mean, I have some people I need to shoot in the face. Seriously.

HiKeRI
Nov 12, 2006, 09:29 PM
One word... Katanas!

BloodDragoon
Nov 12, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-11-12 18:29, HiKeRI wrote:
One word... Katanas!

Tsumikiri J-Sword please. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 09:48 PM
Zanba Sword, please =X
Delsaber Sword?
Delsaber Shield?

...Chao Staff?!

Parn
Nov 12, 2006, 09:59 PM
Most desired item: swimming trunks. For obvious reasons.

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 10:02 PM
...Perv.

He probably hides in the bushes after changing, to spy on the girls in the Hot Springs =X

Kidding. Kidding!

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:29, darkgunner wrote:
my realistic anticipations are moatoob abd hybrid classes.

my unrealistic are: Hyuga's clothing, Challenge mode, Battle mode, and expansion pack.

Except for the clothing, that's not unrealistic at all, I can guarantee you (Unless Sega has gone mad, which they seem to be doing alright.) that all of that will definitely come to us eventually. Not in the NEAR future, but not in the too distant future either. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 10:27 PM
You can't get Hyuga's clothes. I've seen the pics.