PDA

View Full Version : seven challenge mode questions

Al-Rappy
Nov 19, 2002, 03:16 PM
1. When you get an S-Rank time in challenge mode do you get to pick which S-Rank weapon you get?

2. Do you get to name your weapon?

3. Must you do challenge mode all in one sitting in order to get a time or can you do it in intervals?

4. Can you improve upon your time if you get under S-Rank?

5. Do you get anything even if your under an S-Rank time?

6. How would you go about getting more than one S-Rank weapon?

7. What S-Rank weapons are there?

Please only answer if you KNOW the answer, not if you THINK you know. Thanks in advance to all help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Al-Rappy on 2002-11-19 12:17 ]</font>

Whatley
Nov 19, 2002, 05:35 PM
1. Yes

2. DC - yes
GC - not sure

3. You can do it in intervals.

4. Yes

5. DC - For completing it once you get a white ring. beating C9 again got you a yellow ring.

GC - Not sure yet

6. Make/Use other characters

7. DC - All first level weapons(ie. handgun, saber, cane,...), fan, hammer, bazooka, j-cutter, and a few others I can't remember right now.

GC - not sure yet, but probably will be the same.

Al-Rappy
Nov 19, 2002, 05:48 PM
Wow, thank you very much. I'm so happy, I get to pick which weapon I get! Oh I have another question now:

When you do Challenge mode you character starts at lv 1 right? If so, what if you use a character that is normally a higher level? And when your character levels up in Challenge mode will he keep that level?

VulpesMundi
Nov 19, 2002, 06:23 PM
You start on a pre-determined level depending on the challenge stage in question (ie. level 1 for c1, level 5 for c2, level 7 for c3, level 10 for c4, and so on). You do not keep experience or items earned from C-mode. Your character will return to her/his original state (ie. level 27 carrying whatever stuff s/he had) once you leave the challenge team.

And as for earning the White and Yellow Rings. You don't have to beat c9 again to earn them. Defeating any stage is fine so long as you have a low enough time to earn them. It's 13+ hours to earn B-rank and the Yellow Ring, 7-13 hours to earn A-rank and the White Ring, and less than 7 hours to earn S-rank and a weapon. You can only earn one at a time based on the highest rank, but you can eventually earn all three once per character if your time meet the aforementioned requirements or lower. For example: If you finished c9 with a total time of 8'13 you'd have earned an A-rank and a White Ring. If you beat any other stage you'll earn a B-rank and the Yellow Ring if your time stays over 7 hours, and you'll earn the S-rank and a weapon when your total time goes under 7 hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-19 15:27 ]</font>

Whatley
Nov 19, 2002, 06:28 PM
For each challenge you start at a certain level and then you gain more levels as you do a challenge. The levels are only temporary for the challenges. You still retain your same level, stats, and items after you are done with a challenge. So it doesn't matter what level you are when you do challenges.

Etrigan
Nov 19, 2002, 06:56 PM
How difficult is it to play through in under 7 hours?

TeamPhalanx
Nov 19, 2002, 06:59 PM
Not that hard - Most players got their s-rank the first time around.

To put things into perspective, there are players who've gotten under 3:30 for the entire thing... Now, THAT'S HARD!

Alisha
Nov 19, 2002, 07:03 PM
gc has some new s-rnak like all the fam cup items are s-ranks now along with crazy tune im im sure there will be s-rank variations of new ep 2 wepaon types like photon launcher and the card series

Blenjar
Nov 19, 2002, 07:11 PM
I know this is stupid but, wtf is a s-rank?

Al-Rappy
Nov 19, 2002, 07:21 PM
S-Rank weapons can be grinded to +99 and are generally more powerful. Atleast I think. Am I right about that?

Blenjar
Nov 19, 2002, 07:35 PM
...I still don't get it, s-rank is grind you weapon to +99 or what? & write you name on weapon?!?
Explain it breathly.

Wewt
Nov 19, 2002, 07:36 PM
On 2002-11-19 16:21, Al-Rappy wrote:
S-Rank weapons can be grinded to +99 and are generally more powerful. Atleast I think. Am I right about that?

Correct.

Blenjar: S-Rank is your, er, RANK!

Here's the list of ranks that were on the Dreamcast:

RA-Gou - Obtained when you complete C1
GI-Gou - Obtained when you complete C2
BU-Gou - Obtained when you complete C3
RA-Zan - Obtained when you complete C4
GI-Zan - Obtained when you complete C5
BU-Zan - Obtained when you complete C6
RA-Ei - Obtained when you complete C7
GI-Ei - Obtained when you complete C8
BU-Ei- Obtained when you complete C9

People later adopted that the term S-Rank was also the weapon gained via Challenge mode completion.

Blenjar
Nov 19, 2002, 07:41 PM

People later adopted that the term S-Rank was also the weapon gained via Challenge mode completion.

Rank Of what? RA-Gou??? Complete what c1???

Kujin
Nov 19, 2002, 07:55 PM
On 2002-11-19 16:41, Blenjar wrote:

Rank Of what? RA-Gou??? Complete what c1???

a s-rank weapon is a weapon that is given to you when you complete all of the nine challenge mode levels under a certain amount of time. you can also get A and B ranking from not meeting the S rank for challenge mode. in the dreamcast version of the game, you obtain white and yellow rings for getting A and B rank. with S rank, you choose a weapon of your choice (i cant supply you with a list you can choose from right now) and then you give it any name you want. for example, in the dreamcast version, i chose mechguns, and i named them KUJINS, thus i got KUJINS MECHGUN. they can be grinded to a max of +99. those ranks that were told to you earlier (ex: Ra-GOU and Bu-EI) are just indicators that appear on top of your head in the lobby that show other players what level you are on.
S rank weapons are pretty powerful, and the special on them (at least for the DC version) was a random effect, such as confuse, deband or one hit kill. those too were very powerful. so if you shot an enemy with the s-rank special and he got zalure(d) you could kill him very easily.

hope this cleared things up.

btw, does anyone know if you can get a S-rank weapon offline in the cube version?

Vejita
Nov 19, 2002, 08:42 PM
On 2002-11-19 16:55, Kujin wrote:
btw, does anyone know if you can get a S-rank weapon offline in the cube version?

i heard that you cannot get S ranks offline, but that you do get some selection, just nothing's as good.i heard that you can get a choice of the God Shield's like Byakko but nothing much better

Whatley
Nov 20, 2002, 10:30 AM
The special of the s-rank weapons, like said before, is random. It could Confuse, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, Insta Kill, Freeze, Paralyze and Steal HP. There might be one or two more things it could do, but I can't remember right now.

With it being random, you never knew what would happen next. So it's a gamble when you used the special.