PDA

View Full Version : Do Claws play similar to Daggers?

Swifty01
Nov 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I want my main weapons to be once Expert classes come out, and since the fortefighter cant use s rank daggers/twin dagger, I was wondering what Claws are like. I assume they play similar to Daggers, but I figure its worth asking. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:40 PM
Actually, they play more like sabers. And in extra mode, single claws attack almost as fast as daggers do. Twin claws are like stronger twin sabers, but have less hits in their combo. Claw attack range looks to be somewhere between daggers and sabers, too.

Kalier
Nov 11, 2006, 10:33 PM
actually, correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought Twin Saber was 5 hits. twin claw is 5 hits as well. 1, 1, 3( i use them myself)

as for claw, it's basically a rather high power wep, and attacks about as fast as the 1h dagger. With it's PAs, it gets a significant damage increase on it's already high damage, and hits several times. imo, the one that is store bought offline(not sure which'll be buyable online) is the better. yes, the first part of the combo only hits 1 enemy 4 times, the second part hits 4 times, and can hit 2-3 enemies per hit, and you can turn to hit multiple enemies over the duration

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
Claws do attack
1hit
1hit
3hit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2006-11-11 22:30 ]</font>

Kalier
Nov 11, 2006, 10:39 PM
the 3 hits are pretty close together, so you really have to play it off the sound, but it does hit 3 times on the last attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-11 19:41 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 10:39 PM
Ahh, I thought it was 1,1,2 for twin claws. Didn't notice the third hit, I usually do extra mode without sound and the numbers blocked each other.

Gamemako
Nov 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
Twin sabers are 6 attacks in a one - two - three pattern. Twin claws are five attacks in a one - one - three attack pattern. The claws are really pretty slow (slower than twin sabers with less range but also a bit less lag after the third combo attack than the twin sabers) and not very powerful, and the offline PA is weak, doesn't hit many enemies, and doesn't knockdown. I cannot recommend twin claws for anything, sadly -- I can't for the life of me figure out what they're good for.

Single claw has a much better PA than twin claws.

Kalier
Nov 12, 2006, 03:49 AM
On 2006-11-11 22:04, Gamemako wrote:
Twin sabers are 6 attacks in a one - two - three pattern. Twin claws are five attacks in a one - one - three attack pattern. The claws are really pretty slow (slower than twin sabers with less range but also a bit less lag after the third combo attack than the twin sabers) and not very powerful, and the offline PA is weak, doesn't hit many enemies, and doesn't knockdown. I cannot recommend twin claws for anything, sadly -- I can't for the life of me figure out what they're good for.

get the second PA for twin claws. it's better than the firs.
granted, single claw is far better than twin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-12 00:49 ]</font>

Gamemako
Nov 12, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'd hope it's better than the first; the first is just utterly useless! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
I'm looking for some good bows and sabers and rods/Wands/staffs/fans

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2006, 04:35 PM
Actually, I looked at twin claws again today. The attack pattern is actually: 1, 2, 3.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 13, 2006, 04:42 PM
Whats so special about the 1hand claw, just curiuos cause im going fortefighter and want to know whys its so good

Kalier
Nov 13, 2006, 04:48 PM
it attacks relatively fast(about like 1h dagger), it has rather high attack, and it's PA hits ALOT. for the buyable(good) PA, it can be comboed twice. the first one only hits one enemy, and attacks them up to 4 times. the second part attacks forward, hitting 2-3 enemies per hit, and hits 4 times. while performing, you can rotate to hit a group, and it inflicts a knockback on them. from what i have seen this is arguably one of the highest damage PAs.

Ryoki
Nov 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-11-13 13:42, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Whats so special about the 1hand claw, just curiuos cause im going fortefighter and want to know whys its so good

Enough with the "I'm going to be a fortefighter." No one cares! And nothing has to be special about the 1 hand claw, it could just be a mirror of the saber for all I care and I would still use it.

And learn proper English, you dunce.

________
V PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_V_platform)

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
oic

Gamemako
Nov 13, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-11-13 13:35, Schubalts wrote:
Actually, I looked at twin claws again today. The attack pattern is actually: 1, 2, 3.

Where exactly is that second hit on the second attack? I only get one hit for it no matter how many ways I try.

Kent
Nov 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-13 14:54, Gamemako wrote:

On 2006-11-13 13:35, Schubalts wrote:

Where exactly is that second hit on the second attack? I only get one hit for it no matter how many ways I try.

There isn't one. It's 1-1-3.

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2006, 07:13 PM
I can hear and see the damage on the second hit. Bip, bip-bip, bip-bip-bip.

Zorafim
Nov 13, 2006, 07:16 PM
I think the animation is different with males and females. 2 on the second attack with females, 1 for males. I could be wrong, seeing how I have this strange urge to use female characters.

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2006, 08:00 PM
If it is different, what gender are you guys using? I have twin claws on my female CAST.

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-11-11 22:04, Gamemako wrote:

Just about all they're good for is looking totally BA, but not much more, that and attacking exactly like a Golmoro with the PA XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-13 20:44 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2006, 11:46 PM
Who's jumping at who now, you nninjashrimponacid?!

Zorafim
Nov 13, 2006, 11:49 PM
I wonder... As a small, quick weapon to use on my fortefighter, should I use dual claws or fists? So far, the claw PAs don't seem like much (one attacks twice against two enemies, second attacks thrice against one enemy), so I'm open to fist. However, that big punch thing isn't really appealing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-11-13 20:50 ]</font>

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 11:54 PM
now if only they'd give us a sword that lets us do the Svaultus Slide XD