PDA

View Full Version : What's After Lv60 In Extra Mode?

Egg99
Nov 11, 2006, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and I didn't see any topics about my question so I figured I'd try my luck at asking.

All the free missions in extra mode are the ones that were unlocked in story mode. The highest I've seen are a few missions requiring level 60, but I was wondering... what happens once you become too high a level for those missions? I currently have two characters in extra mode because I'm killing time before I'm able to go online, but both of those characters are already level 50+. I've never seen a difficultly option for Normal/Hard/Vhard/or Ultimate like PSO, so once my characters get to level 70ish and the highest mission I can take requires level 60, how am I supposed to get sufficient experience to level my characters any further?

Extra mode supposedly goes on forever, but it almost seems limited to leveling your characters to 70ish. I don't particularly feel like raising them to 200 (or whatever the level cap is) by killing monsters 140 levels lower than me. Did I miss a difficultly option? Do I get more missions after I beat them all? Any help would be appreciated.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-11-11 18:50, Egg99 wrote:
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and I didn't see any topics about my question so I figured I'd try my luck at asking.

All the free missions in extra mode are the ones that were unlocked in story mode. The highest I've seen are a few missions requiring level 60, but I was wondering... what happens once you become too high a level for those missions? I currently have two characters in extra mode because I'm killing time before I'm able to go online, but both of those characters are already level 50+. I've never seen a difficultly option for Normal/Hard/Vhard/or Ultimate like PSO, so once my characters get to level 70ish and the highest mission I can take requires level 60, how am I supposed to get sufficient experience to level my characters any further?

Extra mode supposedly goes on forever, but it almost seems limited to leveling your characters to 70ish. I don't particularly feel like raising them to 200 (or whatever the level cap is) by killing monsters 140 levels lower than me. Did I miss a difficultly option? Do I get more missions after I beat them all? Any help would be appreciated.

Missions requiring level 60 is the highest Extra mode goes to.

Rizen
Nov 11, 2006, 09:55 PM
After 60 thats it for missions. Just grind out to 100 (the cap isnt 200) and try out different spells and weapons or make another character. There is no difficulty level on offline so...have to go online for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Egg99
Nov 11, 2006, 09:57 PM
Wow... that was quick, thanks for the fast responses lol.

That aside, that's really disappointing. No, that's really lame actually. I was expecting alot more, or at least a difficultly setting or something for offline. Sega's done a good job at indirectly forcing you to go online for any sufficient amount of fun I guess =/

Thanks again guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Egg99 on 2006-11-11 18:58 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Nov 11, 2006, 10:01 PM
I'm facing the same delima..and well, thats pretty much it.
The whole part about "going on forever" isn't meant to be taken literally. Its just a time killer till you get network mode going. Once you beat all the missions and get the big levels, there isn't much for you to do besides collect items, get S-rank weapons, & raise your PM.

The last I heard, I believe Level 60 was the level cap, but I can recall if it was for Story or Extra...

Knownoes
Nov 11, 2006, 10:06 PM
Personally I'd stop playing extra mode about now if I were you, and move on to another game before you get bored and burn yourself out. Online is basicly the same game, only slower and with other people.

Extra is fine for seeing what kind of character you want or weapons you want to use, but other than that it just bores me to tears.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-11 19:07 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 10:07 PM
The level cap for online is 50. It was was raised to 60, and then to 70 in JP PSU. Offline cap is 100.

XCOPY
Nov 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, this is stupid. Offline PSO potentially lasted longer, with the end goal of 200 always seeming so far away(highest I got was 152)...plus, the difficulty settings always gave your character some form of reasonable challenge. Once you beat "Falkis"...there's really nothing else but the option of making another character to start over...and it really is starting fresh since some asswipe decided to not include a common box for offline...or offline multi.

*seriously...only a few weeks in, and the average offline player is almost completely done with 1 character by now. Compare that to many months of PSO going on and on...seemingly forever.

It's interesting though that I still enjoy this game, despite so many foolish and amazingly dumb decisions Sega made with it.

ah...it's more aggravating the more I think of it. I've only put a grand total of 17 hours on my main Extra mode character, and he's already 67, and can beat everything with little effort. A mere 17 hours wouldn't have meant a damn thing back in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2006-11-11 20:02 ]</font>

Gamemako
Nov 12, 2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah, but it's offline. I mean, in PSO v2 (original) you could reach level 150 in 100 hours and that's all that the game has to offer, even online. By then you'd have a fully-raised power or mind mag and all the equipment you ever plan to get.

Kanore
Nov 12, 2006, 01:01 AM
PSO also had only 4 levels.
Not until Episode 2 came out did PSO have 8-9 levels total.

Zorafim
Nov 12, 2006, 03:58 AM
I accidentally started grinding with my caseal, and things got too easy too fast. Once I hit 15, I grinded on the dragon until I got the PAs that I wanted. After S ranking every mission for fun, I was lv60, and grinded on Perfect Zero to get my S rank gear (Damn if that missions doesn't give you alot of money). After that, I redid every mission once as a ranger using only an A rank mech with three mech PAs and two B rank daggers (depending if I was in an ice or fire seed area). That got me to lv100 and lv10 ranger. After that I got bored. I tried leveling force, but caseal TP sucks so much that it would have taken more effort than it was worth to do anything with it (though I could have just got my B rank dagger and killed things with that).

Yeah, I'm waiting for online now...

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 12:39 PM
yeah I was a bit dissapointed too, I mean I beat story in just 30 hours, considering that I leave the game on during meals and such that likely adds up to 20 or so, not the 40 I was promised on the box, also the lack of a common box in extra, my CAST has over 100,000 messeta, but nothing that I want him to buy, while my Newman's constantly short on coin.

Also, the fact I got my RAcast to level 21 in just three hours is a little disheartening in terms of longevity, I'm hopin' for a sequel, but the story wrapped up so cleanly it'll likely be some trouble for good ol' Sonic Team.