PDA

View Full Version : FO-CAST, How do you do it.

Saligun
Nov 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
I would like to try and start a cast and make her into a force but it looks like it would take alot of leveling to reach the nessasary mst an tp levels to use techs.could anyone list some pointers or give me some ideas on how to get started with createing and raising a focast.

Nani-chan
Nov 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
Go to guardian headquarters, switch job to force.

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
I think you just switch your class and buy the techs. Of course, they won't be as GOOD as a Newman's but it'll work.

Authenticate
Nov 12, 2006, 01:24 AM
Bows will be your bread and butter. Get Resta and Reverser, and if you want some punch for high def enemies, get Diga and Foie.

That would be my suggestion, anyway.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2006, 01:26 AM
Make sure to get an armor with an available head slot so you can boost your tech effectiveness with a TP boosting unit, it won't add to your base, but its a definite must to make up for lacking in that area.

MST units will boost tech defense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-11-11 22:26 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 01:28 AM
Good points with the bow / head slot recommendations.
As for WHICH techs you should use, I say get 'em all except Foie and the Ra- types.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 04:50 AM
In extra mode, a CASTs TP is extremely low compared to online mode.
If I can remember corrects, my FOcaseal at lv 1 had a grand total of 9 TP (19 away from using a simple WAND!) while a FOcaseal online has 29 TP (1 more then necessary to use a simple WAND!).. so a FOcaseal (yes, FOcasts too) get the short end of the stick in extra mode!

Schubalts
Nov 12, 2006, 01:15 PM
Yea, stats are extremely exxagerated in extra mode.

Wallin
Nov 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
This probably goes without saying, but change to Force as soon as you can on your Cast. Leveling your techs from nothing when you're already like level 20 is just a huge pain in the butt, moreso for Casts who were handicapped in techs before become almost useless - even my Human Force suffers from this a bit since I switched over at 15 and rely on the bow a bit too much still. Resta may not be TP based, but if you're casting a level 1 Resta on a level 30 guy and it doesn't even heal a third of their health, it's really sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Not that you can't spend the time leveling techs, but it's just really disheartening to do it around intermediate groups.

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yes I've noticed even human who switch to Forces after maxing whatever class they were before have very poor spellcasting abilities, low damage and low PP. If you want to get it up, it's best to solo, so you get the maximum amount of hits in.

Sammy
Nov 12, 2006, 01:55 PM
And remember to requip everything after you change your class. >.>
I didn't know my armor would be unequiped after I changed to a ranger...

Zakuro
Nov 12, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-11-12 10:47, Wallin wrote:
Resta may not be TP based, but if you're casting a level 1 Resta on a level 30 guy and it doesn't even heal a third of their health, it's really sad.

Resta is TP based. Easy way to test is let an enemy hit you low and compare a low * wand to a higher * rod or wand, neither with the bonus for being pure. Even at level 13 with level 3 resta (not sure if lvl increases heal amount or not), my newman force can not heal herself to full with the beginner wand, but my higher * rods can.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 02:24 PM
about the human changing to a force and suffering from it, I can understand where you're coming from, my human didn't exactly turn into a force but after playing as him as a Hunter up to level 5, when I tried out Ranger with him for the first time, it was a total pain in the arse to say the least to play as a Ranger, man, I hated doing only the first part of a skill art as opposed to 2 or 3, I was so glad when I reached Ranger level 3 and I returned to being a Hunter in a heartbeat afterwards.

Ruyo
Nov 12, 2006, 04:50 PM
FOcast sucks at offensive magic, horribly. Similar leveled Newmans are breaking 200-250, I'm hitting 50-80. Your TP will be really low: Comparison (http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Ruyoayo/lawl.jpg)

However, you will kick major amounts of ass with a Bow and your heals aren't terrible. When the buffs are released you'll kill even more ass. FOcast is more of a Ranger with heals and buffs than an offensive caster.