PDA

View Full Version : Is it illegal to sell meseta/etc on Ebay?

drmcst45
Nov 12, 2006, 01:33 AM
link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star-Universe-10k-Meseta-PS2-PC_W0QQitemZ330048217275QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4596QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

There's many listings (such as this one) on ebay of people selling meseta and possibly other items for cash on ebay. isn't this illegal?

i got 220k meseta in my bank right now . . .

- -
Mod edit: fix link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-11 22:40 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 12, 2006, 01:36 AM
Just like basically all online games with currency, it's most likely against the terms of service.

In other words, please kindly let the community know your character names and ID number before you start selling meseta, so we can all report you and have you banned. If you plan on selling it, that is.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 12, 2006, 01:38 AM
its illegal, can you get away with it yes. thing is there is no mail system in this game and so reporting would be easy when the transaction is being made.

Syl
Nov 12, 2006, 01:40 AM
They are also selling the service of powerleveling your character all the way to lvl 50 on ebay, but of course would you pay over $250 for that?

drmcst45
Nov 12, 2006, 01:40 AM
even if i did do it id still be able to make that one transaction and probably get away with some dough in the long end.

clumsy should hire undercover ebayers to go and bust these people in the middle of the transactions

Dhylec
Nov 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
This might seem trivial ebay/mmo stuff, but can turn out to be a big factor in the game's economiy if ignored. If anyone could get the sellers PSU IDs, report them to Sega & save us the agony. ;]

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 12, 2006, 01:46 AM
How can it be a big factor? The money isnt bieng duped just transfered to another player. I dont think the person who sells the meseta deserves to be reported =/.

drmcst45
Nov 12, 2006, 01:48 AM
There's one guy on gamefaqs who's already done several transactions and said he's quitting the game.

if i were to sell my stuff, i'd definitely be quitting the game as well. im sure most others are in this position as well. There's really only a SMALL % of people dumb enough to pay real money for fake in game money

cobfab
Nov 12, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-11-11 22:33, drmcst45 wrote:
link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star-Universe-10k-Meseta-PS2-PC_W0QQitemZ330048217275QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4596QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

There's many listings (such as this one) on ebay of people selling meseta and possibly other items for cash on ebay. isn't this illegal?

i got 220k meseta in my bank right now . . .

- -
Mod edit: fix link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-11 22:40 ]</font>

ROFL $9 for 10k meseta. $9=another month of PSU which you can make 10k in 1 hour or less.

BloodDragoon
Nov 12, 2006, 01:54 AM
In the case of MMO's with character data stored server side the data in it's entirety is the intellectual property of the host company which is in this case Sega. Therefore these people are selling property that doesn't belong to them which is illegal and a violation of the ToS.

To those that think RMT (real money trade) doesn't effect the economy of a MMO they need to look at what FFXI went thru around last xmas. The people that buy this money lose sight of what the value of things are in the game causing a sharp inflation of things people cant readily buy from shops or are incredibly common.

Saligun
Nov 12, 2006, 01:56 AM
I'm not saying it's right to do this but i've seen online site that you could buy in game currency for a fee.for example there are several sites that sold gil that you could spend on FFXI and it must have been legal because they could send the money right to you room on the game.

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 01:58 AM
On 2006-11-11 22:54, BloodDragoon wrote:
In the case of MMO's with character data stored server side the data in it's entirety is the intellectual property of the host company which is in this case Sega. Therefore these people are selling property that doesn't belong to them which is illegal and a violation of the ToS.

To those that think RMT (real money trade) doesn't effect the economy of a MMO they need to look at what FFXI went thru around last xmas. The people that buy this money lose sight of what the value of things are in the game causing a sharp inflation of things people cant readily buy from shops or are incredibly common.

I was going to make a post simular to this, then saw you post.. I applaud you.

To all Meseta-seller-hopefuls out there ... I was tired of you in FFXI .. I will report the crap out of you in my PSU ... Section 9 dosent play games with RMTs.

Yoruichi
Nov 12, 2006, 02:04 AM
Wasn't to hot in WoW either, RMTs can go die in a fiery fire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 12, 2006, 02:21 AM
THing your all missing though is that This game is completely different than other MMO's Money is retardedly easy to get and Powerlevel is a joke lol. SO easy to get to max lvl. But there are idiots out there who will buy it. Example: i sold my WoW account for $330 USD i was quitting for this game so i didnt care. i did have good gear though.

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-11-11 23:04, Yoruichi wrote:
Wasn't to hot in WoW either, RMTs can go die in a fiery fire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yea but atleast Blizzard broguht down the hammer on that, they banned a shit ton of account snad disposed of like 9 million gold, altough it diddn't stop the sellign of gold it made the prices of it double, waht I was paying for like 1000 gold only got me like 500, so I stop buying it all together.

But realy who's gonna buy mesta on this game? there an't nothign to buy yet? wow some people are realy stupid

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-11 23:31 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 12, 2006, 02:33 AM
You can easicly get these guys reported if they are on Xbox Live. Just say that you want to meet them in person before making a trasnsaction to see if things will actually go sucessful and not a scam. You can hear their voice, recored, etc.

AkiraXxx
Nov 12, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-11 22:54, BloodDragoon wrote:

Correction, people selling the meseta on ebay are not selling meseta, they are selling you the "time" it took to get the meseta. Its in thier disclaimer, which makes selling "time" perfectly legal.

It is against tos for SEGA, but by no means is selling the meseta time illegal in terms of you getting prosecuted for something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 23:37 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 12, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-11-11 22:56, Saligun wrote:
I'm not saying it's right to do this but i've seen online site that you could buy in game currency for a fee.for example there are several sites that sold gil that you could spend on FFXI and it must have been legal because they could send the money right to you room on the game.

It wasn't legal and accts on FFXI proven to be RMT had their content ID's banned perminently. I think FFXI even started giving perminent bans to people proven to buy the gil.

As for these online sites like IGE they're most likely stalling and tying all this up in a courtroom much like napster did before breaking down and becoming the pay service it is now.

However on a plus side PSO has something going for it that other MMO's dont and its the fact there isnt rare spawns for these RMT groups to monopolize.