PDA

View Full Version : Have you fallen asleep online lvling yet?

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 03:45 AM
Typically enjoy creating these random topics just for fun. Just curious if anyone has leveled so long that they actually lose conciousness and fallen asleep at the keyboard.

Personally i've started nodding a few times but haven't fallen asleep online yet. Though yesterday a friend got close when we were nearing our 7th hour of straight item grinding gameplay (considering it was 4 in the morning at the time) and he was kind of floaty.

Don't expect much input from this one just thoughts.

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 03:48 AM
If I ever got that tired I would just turn the game off and get into a bed.

Yachiru
Nov 12, 2006, 03:54 AM
I've kind of nodded off a bit as well. I've never fallen asleep at my computer desk, lol. I get really tired during the Neudaiz missions though, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
hehe guilty, doing multiple runs of relics for money can get very boring. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep because I kept playing in my dream. actually i just now realized it's 4am http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-12 01:04 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 12, 2006, 04:13 AM
I can never fall asleep while playing videogames or anything that requires any brain function. Basically when my eyes start to burn real bad i go to sleep.

ALthough i could fall asleep in class so easily http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif not like i use my brain during a lecture.

MorbidLilim
Nov 12, 2006, 04:14 AM
I have to turn my brother's 360 off.. I find him unconscious next to the game all the time...

Oyako
Nov 12, 2006, 05:19 AM
I've done it before. Thankfully it wasn't in mission. I was waiting on a synth to finish and last thing I remembered was it was at 2min.

Pontifus
Nov 12, 2006, 06:12 AM
Almost, but not quite.

Rider
Nov 12, 2006, 07:38 AM
I use to fall asleep while playing PSO when I was younger. As I got older though I found out it's best to just sleep and play later, rather then play while feeling crappy and being grouchy. Most of the time I just won't feel like doing anything (espically with other people since I'll be easily irritated) if I have no sleep. Sometimes I consider it though if I want to power level to catch up.

Sometimes there is those rare times where I just don't feel tired at all and stay up throughout the day without wanting to lay down and close my eyes.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 09:43 AM
I only get tired when I've been awake past my normal sleeping hours. When this occurs during the game, I go for one more run and then I head to bed. Farming though, yes I've passed out and my character will just sit there for however long I'm asleep.

Midicronica
Nov 12, 2006, 09:48 AM
I've only nodded off. If I ever get really tired I'll just go to sleep.

Ammy
Nov 12, 2006, 10:11 AM
I got home late one night but still wanted to meet up with friends, but I caught myself dozing off almost. My head would lull to the side and then i'd get hit by something and the sound would bring me back to awareness.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Nov 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
I took a nap in the last room of mizuraki defense last night. I only woke up when my brother shouted "rappies!" from across the room. Startled me pretty good =O

Yea, I used to fall asleep in pso all the time... I would close my eyes... and stop moving... but I would continue to do my combo over and over and over... I knew the game so well, I could keep fighting in my sleep =p

Weak
Nov 12, 2006, 11:18 AM
I was nodding off a bit while plowing the Relics for meseta, I think that was the only time.

Garasu
Nov 12, 2006, 11:24 AM
I was asleep for about 2 minutes one time....*cough*

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 11:27 AM
I was nodding off only because it was 2:30 in the morning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Flunky
Nov 12, 2006, 11:30 AM
I've never quite nodded off, but I have reached that point where you're just staring through the screen instead of looking at what's going on... I realize at that point that it's time to do something else.

This 'staring through the screen' doesn't happen because I'm tired so much, just... when my mind starts to naturally shut off if I've done something too repetitive for too long. Of course, this seems to happen in the story mode, where the levels are much longer with bricks for buds. Ugh, I'm really loathing the requirement to learn that story.

Blenjar
Nov 12, 2006, 11:38 AM
I fell asleep once..haha lol.

-- Blen

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
Does falling asleep waiting for synth to finish count?

SpikeOtacon
Nov 12, 2006, 02:10 PM
There have been multiple times where Grinding made me bored and therefore, tired.

Pikku
Nov 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
Me if I was on the PS2 (Cant until I get my PS2 fixed) I would fall asleep alot during gameplay. but on PC I cant. lol

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 02:14 PM
I haven't fallen asleep on the KB just yet... unless you count PSO.

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 02:14 PM
I fell asleep once after a long day at work while mid-mission, no one noticed though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KiteWolfwood
Nov 12, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ah crap I think I misunderstood the poll. Haven't gotten tired of playing at all yet. I have been tired quite a bit though from playing way to long into the night.

Garasu
Nov 12, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-11-12 08:27, MayLee wrote:
I was nodding off only because it was 2:30 in the morning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And I was passing out because it was 7 in the morning and I had been on PSU since 10 AM the previous day...

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:29, Garasu wrote:

On 2006-11-12 08:27, MayLee wrote:

And I was passing out because it was 7 in the morning and I had been on PSU since 10 AM the previous day...

I have a bad cold and still do. Bright lights kicking the hell out my eyes, if only I could have cofee and played more. >.<

waluigi1
Nov 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
I was dozing off last night. I'm a force and my friend was like help! Heal me! and I was like wha...? Then I was like oh crap! and I'd run over and heal him and then start pressing square and start nodding off again. I remember I was playing PSO one time, we had stayed up all night at a PSO party and I was in the mines and I fell asleep in the middle of a big room and I woke up and I had killed everything lol.

Sinue_v2
Nov 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
I always do.

After I get my work, school work, socializing, and all my other stuff done, I'll log on to PSU and play until I'm ready to pass out. Since I don't really feel like getting up to shut the console off, I usually abandon the mission or just clear the room out of enemies, roll over, and crash. When I wake up, I have like 20 mails from people wondering wtf is going on since I'm not reponding to them.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 12, 2006, 05:53 PM
Oh god i've nodded off plenty of times, not sleep sleep but i was too drozy to play. I guess working two jobs doesn't help. but whatever.

It's the music, the music in PSU induces sleep. It has to.

Getintothegame
Nov 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
It's happened a couple times ^_^; (8)

Dukelion
Nov 12, 2006, 07:42 PM
15 Years of gaming. 10 years online gaming. 11 mmos.

I do not sleep. I game. <fist in the air>

CrazySwayzee
Nov 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
nope, too busy killin' stuff.

killin' stuff (i.e. Dragon and that Big Robot Thingamajig boss) is much too fun and crack-addictive for someone to be falling asleep during.