PDA

View Full Version : What sex are you?

Punter
Nov 12, 2006, 06:59 AM
Like most MMORPGs, there are countless guys who choose girl characters. Why? I don't know. Maybe this topic can answer that with replies. Anyways, I'm just curious to what sex people chose for their characters with this poll.

Muffin
Nov 12, 2006, 07:00 AM
I am a female and I play a female character. Although I usually choose guys in mmo's ^.^;

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 07:02 AM
Although I usually play with female characters, the prospect of an Afro-CAST with shades is too tempting..

AkiraXxx
Nov 12, 2006, 07:06 AM
Guy playing a guy character. AS IT SHOULD BE! lol j/f

Lol its koo to play a gurl character as a dude as long as you arent trying to cyber for items.

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 07:07 AM
On 2006-11-12 04:06, AkiraXxx wrote:
Guy playing a guy character. AS IT SHOULD BE! lol j/f

Lol its koo to play a gurl character as a dude as long as you arent trying to cyber for items.

Yeah, that would be freakin' weird!

Nani-chan
Nov 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
I'm a guy using shemale character.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
I ONLY PLAY FEEMALE CHARS, I DO ANIMATION THAT LET GUYS SEE MY KNICKERS, PLEASE BE MY INTERNET BOYFRIEND ^.^

NYAA NYAA, KAWAII NEKO CHAN AND ALL THAT BULLCRAP =^.^=

ANYONE WANT A LAPDANCE?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 07:11 AM
I often find female characters to look "better" than the male ones.. in most games.
In PSU though, I love both CASTs and CASEALs.. hence why I plan to have 2 of each^^

(females are sexy)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 12, 2006, 07:16 AM
On 2006-11-12 04:11, Mwabwetumba wrote:
I often find female characters to look "better" than the male ones.. in most games.
In PSU though, I love both CASTs and CASEALs.. hence why I plan to have 2 of each^^

(females are sexy)

Translation: I have bisexual leanings, I'm trying to aim for the norm tho, just a little too hard.

(males are sexy)

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 07:16 AM
What can I say.. Im a free spirit,yo!

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 07:18 AM
Lmao Shim... are you a 30 year old female?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-12 04:18 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 12, 2006, 07:28 AM
LMAO Marks, are you a little too obsessed with post history?

No clue who you are, I guess that makes you more cool than me. T_T

Marks
Nov 12, 2006, 07:29 AM
Well did I guess right?

And I seriously made an (educated)guess. If you admitted to being a 30 year old female in the past I missed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-12 04:31 ]</font>

Kou-Diacyper
Nov 12, 2006, 07:33 AM
I'm a guy and I have two characters, male and female.

Arias
Nov 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
I use both, so I tok the druk thingamajib http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Punter
Nov 12, 2006, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah, oops. I forgot to put "I use both" up there. Oh well. Let's just have the poll correlate to your main char.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
Overall opinion of me my sink even lower so I'm not saying what I am/playing as. Online it shouldn't even matter.

I ONLY PLAY FEEMALE CHARS, I DO ANIMATION THAT LET GUYS SEE MY KNICKERS, PLEASE BE MY INTERNET BOYFRIEND ^.^

ANYONE WANT A LAPDANCE?
Now for making me laugh, I swear I'll never jump on you on this board ever again.

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 09:41 AM
On 2006-11-12 04:08, -Shimarisu- wrote:

ANYONE WANT A LAPDANCE?

LMAO .. that made my day.

P.S. boys are icky.

PJesus
Nov 12, 2006, 10:23 AM
I'm a guy using guy characters... as it should be.

Callous
Nov 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
Offline I play girls characters because I'd much rather stare a female virtual ass than a male one. Online I play male characters because I don't want to have to shower everytime some icky 13 year old boy hits on me. Incredibly, they do this even after being told they're not really hitting on a girl.

Deerlay
Nov 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
Hmm i seriously prefer to play a girl, look at that fine a.. moving all around haaaaa i can't wait they produce the bikini update ... But well hmm first i need to wait that the game's out here in europe ... nice ... nicer and nicer ...

etlitch
Nov 12, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-11-12 04:08, Nani-chan wrote:
I'm a guy using shemale character.AWWRIGHT!!

CherryLunar
Nov 12, 2006, 10:56 AM
I'm a girl using girl characters.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 10:57 AM
Guy using male newman main, alt is female because a friend of mine plays a beast male.

Dr_Lantis
Nov 12, 2006, 11:29 AM
I'm a male and my main is a female

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 11:30 AM
I always use a female because I am one.

ShinMaruku
Nov 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
As a straight man, I'd much rather see a woman running aorund for hours and listen to them have orgasms as they die. XD
I laso have mela characters for comedy as I'm gonna be Fiddy cent and my other parodies.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
On 2006-11-12 08:52, ShinMaruku wrote:
As a straight man, I'd much rather see a woman running aorund for hours and listen to them have orgasms as they die. XD
I laso have mela characters for comedy as I'm gonna be Fiddy cent and my other parodies.

G-g-g-G UNOT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Nov 12, 2006, 12:05 PM
Wait till you see G-unit roaming around.

Mari-P
Nov 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
Me am girl playing girl character

me no mind if peopl eis guy playing girl or whatever as long as is having fun with game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
Guy playing female main characer. I usally choose female mains, not gonna give a reason like "because they're nicer to stare at". I play what I want to and don't care who thinks i'm gay or whatever it is you say when you try to hookup with a female character and find out it's a guy playing *gasp BIG SHOCK THERE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-12 09:19 ]</font>

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 12:11 PM
Currently guy playing a girl character simply because i played fonewearl in the last game for it's stat bonus which i kno ware virtual non-existant in this game but i figure i might as well stick with my role ya know.

Zalana
Nov 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
Girl.

DonRoyale
Nov 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
V--------||--------V
-V-------||-------V-
--V------||------V--
---V-----||-----V---
----V----||----V----
-----V---||---V-----
------V--||--V------
-------V-||-V-------
--------V||V--------
---------VV---------

merrycherry9
Nov 12, 2006, 12:43 PM
girl playing a girl char http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Dude as a dude. No reason to explain.
I am, however, curious as to who put the "Girl as a Guy" vote. There's only like 1. o_o;;

TheStoicOne
Nov 12, 2006, 12:56 PM
Guy, using guy, and 2 girls

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 01:24 PM
I'm a man and I am a man online. The most common excuse I hear is "Why would I want to look at a man's ass while I play," but my question is, why are you looking at your character's ass to begin with? That's not typically where the action in any game takes place.

RavenTW
Nov 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
I am male, and when I get online (if that ever happens), I'll be playing a male Cast made to look somewhat bishounen-ish.

Offline Extra Mode, I make characters based off of story ideas I come up with, so a little of everything.

Trey_Winters
Nov 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
Three males, one female.

Didn't necessarily like the look of male Beasts' ears when I first saw them, so I made a female one instead. That's it; no lookin' at heinies or anything like that involved...

Genobee
Nov 12, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm a dood and I play a dood, I think the reaspon why there are no grils on the Interwebz is because of guys who play girls.

Wallin
Nov 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-11-12 10:57, Genobee wrote:
I'm a dood and I play a dood, I think the reaspon why there are no grils on the Interwebz is because of guys who play girls.

Didn't you know, Genobee? MMORPG stands for 'Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Nov 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
I'm a guy... I play both male and female characters, just like in PSO (FOmar, HUnewearl, ftw).

illstyle
Nov 12, 2006, 02:26 PM
To me the deciding factor is how stupid the male models looks.

In world of warcraft I wanted to play hunter, and a bald male dwarf was the obvious choice. Then for my alt druid, i had no choice but to play a female night elf due to how bad night elf males looked. I couldn't bare the thought of staring at a night elf male for very long.

In PSU I wanted to play Force, which basically counted out the only cool looking male model in the game, Cast. The male newman, beast, and human models all look stupid and I had to make a female character.

I'm a dude IRL though. Certainly still act like a dude in game too. Any other female characters I meet in game I assume to be guys until told otherwise. Doesn't bother me. THe female models in this game just look way better than the lackluster male models.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: illstyle on 2006-11-12 11:28 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 12, 2006, 02:44 PM
Guy with GURL characters. Probably stems from PSO, where I hated every male character class.

Deprimenthia
Nov 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
I think I love some of you here. Seckz and marriage, plz?

Anyways... Male playing a Robotic man. Just as it should be!

KiteWolfwood
Nov 12, 2006, 03:04 PM
I just made a caseal cause I wanted a cast but couldn't get a cast to look like I wanted.

Sanjuro-san
Nov 12, 2006, 03:11 PM
I have always played as a guy in MMO's.

I have played FFXI for almost three years now and have heard from a lot of players that play as a Mithra (female cat like humanoid) that the reason guys chose that race is cause when your playing a game for 3-6 hours every day for moths/years, whose butt do you want to be staring at? a dude in armor or some cat like woman? (I play as a Male Taruraru for the uber MP)

But I would feel too strange playing as a girl character. Thats why I make male charcters. Not only that but on 360 its very shocking to be runing along side a very atractive girl and then here a husky deep voice say "so, want to do another run with me?"

SkyDragonbane
Nov 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
I'm a Guy who plays Female characters, on PSU its currently my Caseal Soyumi. I dont pretend to be a girl but to get a chuckle when am occasionally hit on.

Main reason for playing a female is simply "if i'm gonna look at someones butt for X to the umteenth hours its better to be looking at a girls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

I admit to being a Mantra in FFXI at first but did eventually get more male characters then female since i tend to play it more in 1st person. So the butts i watch are those of my pty members http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Sinue_v2
Nov 12, 2006, 05:15 PM
When given a choice, I usually pick female characters in games about 75% of the time.

I was talking to a friend of mine on PSU the other day, and it kinda hit as to why I think I do it. Some of my first really awe inspiring gaming moments were with games that featured female protagonists. Rosella from King's Quest IV (my first adventure game/PC game), Alis Landale from Phantasy Star (first real RPG), Samus Aran (obviously from Metroid), ect... ect...

I guess it kind of stuck. *shrug*

Pentence
Nov 13, 2006, 04:49 AM
I am a guy who plays dudes simply why ,i like to make my chars resemble me or parts of me.I have my main beast short (tho im not as short but i have alot of tall friends so yeah i feel that way)with long hair and basicly my face and build.I leave the hair and eye colors in the air for fun and RP me in the given world,in PSUs case i am like the guardian trainer with moatoob conections http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gifAlso hes like me a flirt and a joker and LOVES his machines and weapons so ill comment on who has what type of weps and even make bad and(admitedly mostly)inuendo type jokes.

On a more personal note i dont mind dudes playing chicks those are some of the most fun and hilarious moments i have had,but i love meeting female gamers it lets ya get a different view on said game/games.Also i have never dated a non gamer chick(we wouldnt last trust me)so ill admit if i can find one near me or what have you ,online hooking up is a nice dream(tho im not foolish enough to truly pursue it) i did almost date this women i met on mechassualt,but thats a long story.Thats just me tho and im strange.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 05:20 AM
On 2006-11-12 09:44, FenixStryk wrote:
I am, however, curious as to who put the "Girl as a Guy" vote. There's only like 1. o_o;;

*Raises hand*

IT'S TOTALLY FOR THE STATS, I LOVE THOSE NUMBERS, YEP.

Pentence
Nov 13, 2006, 06:06 AM
On 2006-11-13 02:20, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-12 09:44, FenixStryk wrote:

*Raises hand*

IT'S TOTALLY FOR THE STATS, I LOVE THOSE NUMBERS, YEP.

Lemme geuss the real reason,little boys hiten on ya or creeps like me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (also like to point out i bet there is hundreds of other women who play males just for that reason)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 06:08 AM
Nah, I'm probably just gay or something.

-Amon-
Nov 13, 2006, 06:23 AM
MMORPG = Multiple Men Online Role Playing Girls

Spacepest
Nov 13, 2006, 06:24 AM
*adds her vote to girl playing as a guy, but only half the time XD *

I'm playing a guy for a change of pace really, I've played mainly female characters in the past, because, well, I am female.

Right now my force that I intend on playing is male, while my hunter is female. I eventually intend to turn my female hunter into a solo farming character, with my male force being the party character. So, its completely possible in the future that my main character on PSU will be male.

At first it was kind of strange playing a male character, but I'm getting over it. And I probably would have played a male character in the past on other MMORPGs, if the so many of the male characters weren't so ugly looking. (For example, try making a male character in World of Warcraft that isn't hideously ugly).

mitchm
Nov 13, 2006, 06:25 AM
im a guy who plays male characters online... dont mine playing as a female character though, but right now ill stick with my male beast... and there is something about what i just said that doesnt seem right.... >_>

Zabot
Nov 13, 2006, 08:20 AM
I'm a HeteroSEXual

DavisMarkin
Nov 13, 2006, 09:46 AM
I've always played RAcaseals (as my main character) since PSO for the stats, even though I'm a male. I've continued that trend through to PSU. My alts are all male, however.

RadiantLegend
Nov 13, 2006, 09:50 AM
My 4th slot is a female character.....

Mio
Nov 13, 2006, 10:08 AM
I usually let think the people i'm a guy even if i'm not. I don't really mind genders in games, and i usually don't answer straightly if they ask me mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2007-01-11 23:21 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:14 AM
My main is a guy character, but one of my four characters is a female Cast, and she's hott http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Nov 13, 2006, 10:17 AM
I use both, but my main is a caseal.

Ryoten
Nov 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
I'm a guy using a guy character.

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 10:48 AM
I'm a guy with a female char, why?
mainly 'cause I couldn't resist recreating Ria with the new customization, and I used a HUnewearl in PSO due to their being the hunter with the highest tech aptitude.

My other char's a Panzer-esque male CAST with a thunder cannon. ^__^