PDA

View Full Version : What race are you?

Kohana
Nov 12, 2006, 08:00 AM
Like most MMORPGs, there are countless humans who choose non-human characters. Why? I don't know. Maybe this topic can answer that with replies. Anyways, I'm just curious to what race people chose for their characters with this poll.

Seriously though what I'm curious is why on earth the gender of the player matters at all and why this topic seems to be brought up on just about any online game forum on a near weekly basis? This is a game not a dating service. And if you're concerned that guys are playing girl characters, why not be concerned that humans are playing newmans? Or people who've never fired a gun are playing rangers? Or that people who have never been to the gurhal system are playing a game in which that's the setting?

Like just about any other game in exsistance you don't play you or anyone remotely like you. Why get fixed up on a small detail like gender when there are so many other details about a character that don't match with the real life counterpart?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
I have an armour-fetish.

Celestial
Nov 12, 2006, 08:02 AM
im a beast!

and a human as well o_O

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 08:04 AM
Uh, why did you have to put 'I'm a human using...' in every option? we know we are all Humans playing a character. either way, i am a human using a human.

Kohana
Nov 12, 2006, 08:06 AM
"Uh, why did you have to put 'I'm a human using...' in every option? we know we are all Humans playing a character. either way, i am a human using a human. "

Perhaps you missed the post I was parodying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 08:10 AM
well, the difference between your poll and the Gender poll is there is a question as to wether different people are male or female. I get it, i really do, but its just not particularly valid criticism.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 08:59 AM
i have a human, a newman, and a beast but the human is my main character

Rizen
Nov 12, 2006, 09:02 AM
Im Human using a human. Its funny though...its like me and my friend Kenj are the only two humans in our group of partying. Its usually only me party that is human while everyone else is Newman or Beast, sometimes Cast.

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 09:06 AM
Im a cybernetic entity, pretending to be a human, playing an andriod, when in fact I am ... eating a pancake.

riotSPL
Nov 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
im a human playing a beast... but in reality .. my friends call me Beast... so that means, Im Beast playing a beast?? Thats gRrRreat!

Parn
Nov 12, 2006, 09:11 AM
On 2006-11-12 05:00, Kohana wrote:
Like just about any other game in exsistance you don't play you or anyone remotely like you.
I beg to differ! I make my characters look like my real-life self within the limits of the game engine on any online game. There are always a few differences that can't be avoided, but hey... it's a game after all!

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 09:17 AM
I am an extraterrestrial playing an newman character.

Yes the shit you've all seen in the Cocoon movies and "The Arrival" is real - we exist.

Realmz
Nov 12, 2006, 09:19 AM
i am a cat, i play a cast

meow meow

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-11-12 06:17, Silhouette wrote:

Yes the shit you've all seen in the Cocoon movies and "The Arrival" is real - we exist.

You sat through cacoon?

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-11-12 06:23, mogshaz wrote:

You sat through cacoon?

I sat through it too .. I liked the movie.. but then again nothing else was on TV. Try sitting though Tron .. THAT put me to sleep.

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 09:28 AM
On 2006-11-12 06:26, Apathy wrote:

On 2006-11-12 06:23, mogshaz wrote:

You sat through cacoon?

I sat through it too .. I liked the movie.. but then again nothing else was on TV. Try sitting though Tron .. THAT put me to sleep.

NO WAY! Tron is the shite. how can you fall asleep during a light cycle race?

riotSPL
Nov 12, 2006, 10:26 AM
I agree with mogshaz... i mean its Tron!! cmon... TRON ....

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
::laugh:: Must be a guy thing... but ill take your word for it .. tried to watch it twice.. kept falling asleep

CherryLunar
Nov 12, 2006, 11:04 AM
I havent watched tron since I was like... 4? I didn't understan it but I thought it was pretty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Nov 12, 2006, 11:59 AM
Newman and Beasts are still human.... I mean that's where they spring up.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 12:13 PM
Let's hope some of you are real life human. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anywho, I'm a human, then I'll make a Newman character for the hell of it.

segadrm10
Nov 12, 2006, 12:17 PM
im a beast thats the only character i have.

merrycherry9
Nov 12, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm a human playing a newman.

DonRoyale
Nov 12, 2006, 12:47 PM
|
|
|
V

HolyCecil
Nov 12, 2006, 10:53 PM
This is a game not a dating service.

Heed those words! I met up with what I thought was a human female playing a human female but she turned out to be some perverted male HUcast that could mimic the voice of a human female.

Sure when I met up with him he appolgized for his deception but later on at his apartment he tried using the female voice to lure me to do things that were uncomfortable to say the least. It didn't work! I was no fool!

....time to quit PSU and join an actual dating site.

I'm "toastystudmuffins" on AIM ladies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HolyCecil on 2006-11-12 19:56 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 13, 2006, 12:48 AM
"yiff yiff"