PDA

View Full Version : For those who knows me and those who dont...

Lit
Nov 12, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hey all people of the world!

Iam a old veteran of PSO since Dreamcast days and played every single game many years!

I quit PSOepi1.2 when both my 199 character got corrupted ( Maliit Lit Force 199 and Matulin Lit 199 Hunter ) and Epi 3.

Since then I started WoW(world of warcraft) and had my time of enjoyment there.

Just started Guild wars and playing WoW less and now just waiting for PSU to arrive to EU.

After playing some MMORPG and soem ther online games that involves alot of people,
Iam still dissapointed that PSU of all games over all the PSO games that has arrived all this years
still dont have a some kind of "dice roll" when a rare drops.

World of warcraft at least ig a "rare" drop in a team, everyoen get the choice of rolling 1-99 and the highest gets the item, if you dont want it you can PASS.

So correct me if Iam wrong put is PSU still like the old PSO games where "OMFG A "RED"BOX!!!! RUN FOR IT!!! TAKE IT!!!! the first to it gets it, just like that.. or have they implemented some sort of "fair" game now?
If not....BUUUU big time, this will leave me not playing with strangers which is bad cause I wanna get to know new people (but I wont say all stranger of course)
But I hope many of my OOOLLLDDDDD friends are online when i get on around the release in EU.

And Ryna baby, hope you remember me if you read this and Rena-ko hey darling miss you!

Can there be a added sticky called '

REPORT ITEM HOGGER HERE^^b so all those that encounted Item hogger that just run and takes all and feel like that they are just taking everything that drops.
I hope i see the sticky soon cuties, cause it could help alot of people out really to avoid item hoogers.
Thank you for me and see you online around 27 NOV
Maliit Lit POWER OF LOVE!!!

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 08:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/SatoriBlue/majorwtf.jpg

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 09:02 AM
Its only a free-for-all if the rare distribution is set to give finder. Theres an order and a random option for those as well, so you can just join games where rares are given randomly, its much fairer that way.

Ryna
Nov 12, 2006, 09:03 AM
The OP is asking about loot distribution options.

In PSU, there are three distribution options: "finder", "random", and "in order". Finder is like the old PSO system. The first person to pick it up gets it. Random will give the item to a random person in the party. I believe "in order" gives an item to each person in a specific order. These options can be set independently for rare and normal item drops.

We hope to see you on PSU Lit.

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 09:04 AM
In order is nice for regular items. That way everyone gets their fairs share of swag.

Lit
Nov 12, 2006, 09:08 AM
Oh cool! finally..at least some kind of fair game then, so the leader creates the option then?
That sounds interesting at least,
and sorry for the double post thing, I havent posted in like a year... kiss kiss

Ryna
Nov 12, 2006, 09:11 AM
On 2006-11-12 06:08, Lit wrote:
Oh cool! finally..at least some kind of fair game then, so the leader creates the option then?

The leader sets the loot options for the party.

rena-ko
Nov 12, 2006, 09:12 AM
welcome back, lit, hisashiburi ne

then again, if you play online, you will notice that you can have item hoggers work for you:
switch the item distribution rules (when making a new game as team leader) to random or in order - and they'll collect some items for you too. as in: you'll receive a share randomly or in order what everyone picks up.

looking forward to meeting you online, lit! ^o^)/

Apathy
Nov 12, 2006, 09:16 AM
On 2006-11-12 06:03, Ryna wrote:
The OP is asking about loot distribution options.

In PSU, there are three distribution options: "finder", "random", and "in order". Finder is like the old PSO system. The first person to pick it up gets it. Random will give the item to a random person in the party. I believe "in order" gives an item to each person in a specific order. These options can be set independently for rare and normal item drops.

We hope to see you on PSU Lit.

cool .. and I hope to see you on PSU as well Lit, and welcome back to PSOW .