PDA

View Full Version : How do you people lvl so fast?!

Kismet
Nov 12, 2006, 10:25 AM
I mean what, do you guys spend every single breathing moment lvling straight? Or is it a certain boss that people keep spamming? Because me and one of my freinds starting playing PSU at the exact same time, but she's 36 and i'm 23! I first I thought I was just lvling slow because I had changed to force, but now that's I'm hunter, I suck all over again. What's the deal?

TheStoicOne
Nov 12, 2006, 10:27 AM
Was that a rant? >:(

Miphesto
Nov 12, 2006, 10:27 AM
i play 3 days a week 6 hours a day....lvl 34...u waste too much time u need to find a group and just do dragon runs over and over and over again.

Kismet
Nov 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-11-12 07:27, TheStoicOne wrote:
Was that a rant? >:(

No. X3 I'd jsut like insight on what I should do to lvl better, that's all. Sorry about sounding really whiny. XD

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
Dragon A all the way....

mogshaz
Nov 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
There is a key to Lvling soemthing fierce, remeber this: The people around you are douchebags whoi just wnat your XP. take as much as you can as fast as possible. Thats how you level.

Kismet
Nov 12, 2006, 10:32 AM
On 2006-11-12 07:30, mogshaz wrote:
There is a key to Lvling soemthing fierce, remeber this: The people around you are douchebags whoi just wnat your XP. take as much as you can as fast as possible. Thats how you level.

LOL! XD

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
Well i recall when you agreed to Sega taking your soul via a digital contract you promised them 100% dedication (I mean i'm not kidding the TOS is 36 pages long for a reason). If your not lvling fast enough sounds like your not living up to your side of the bargain xD.

In either case ya just stick with B/A rank runs and keep doing them over and over. Though if your party breaks down start another it's no big deal shoudl catch up in no time.

Miphesto - I like your idea i'm going to give it ago this week see how it works with my work schedule that's gotten out of hand ^_^;;;.

BioWarrior
Nov 12, 2006, 12:23 PM
Grove Fanatics C B and A does wonders for EXP.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 12:27 PM
Pfft, I'm still level 6 -_-

DonRoyale
Nov 12, 2006, 12:28 PM

Or solo. That works...>>

ShinMaruku
Nov 12, 2006, 12:45 PM
Level fast.. I don't think reaching level 20 in 4 hours is fast.....

Muffin
Nov 12, 2006, 12:51 PM
There's no real secret to super levelling. Just grind a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif As time goes on the level difference will grow larger between the casual player and the player who has the stomach for it. ^.~

Purun~~

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-11-12 07:30, mogshaz wrote:Take as much as you can as fast as possible.Pfft--
He does have a point thougHehe!

PaladinRPG
Nov 12, 2006, 01:58 PM
I can't bring myself to constantly grind. I'm way too chatty and love synthing in my room half the time. I've logged over 70 hours and only level 24. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wheatpenny
Nov 12, 2006, 02:01 PM
More destruction you spread=more exp.Kill all, kill faster,kill De Ragon..many times kill him untill the server locks up.Then....only then will you be level 200.

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 02:01 PM
I have about 80 hours in and am level 35 1/2. That's not fast at all. I work 10 and a half hours every day 6 days a week and get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. So yeah, do the math and whatever is left is probably my daily time on PSU.

Numnuttz
Nov 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-11-12 10:58, PaladinRPG wrote:
I can't bring myself to constantly grind. I'm way too chatty and love synthing in my room half the time. I've logged over 70 hours and only level 24. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

im the same way, i focused more on my pm which finally became a 420 and amazed me last night. im level 32 atm and ive logged about 60-70 hrs myself.

Wallin
Nov 12, 2006, 02:05 PM
I was leveling fast at first, now I've just run into a slump. There's really not much to level for right now with the patches not coming for who knows how long. I'm just taking my time at this point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kent
Nov 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
Well, get good at what you do, join a team, and do what you do well.

Repeatedly.

When it stops yielding good EXP, move onto the next mission (i.e. Fanatics would probably be good for your level, then just go up in ranks, from there). Just be sure and tag everything - Force-heavy parties work well for those areas, too.

Uyoku
Nov 12, 2006, 02:11 PM
Not like story mode counts for this but I'm level 15, got the game on Monday, have played a total of about 15 hours. So, fifteen levels for fifteen hours I guess. I'll get a more accurate reading there here in awhile. I'm level 15, Lv 2 Hunter. So, I dunno. I don't get to play alot, so I've played a total of fifteen hours over the week since I got the game. If I could play more I"d be higher levelled. I'm about to create a char in Extra Mode to see how it goes. I'll probably get mY GL by the end of the week to play online, that all depends on school work. I just keep playing and going through the missions obsessively trying to get an S rank, finally got my first S Rank on defeating the Vol Brothers in Ch 4... Woo...

Anyway, people with more time on their hands will be higher level faster that's for sure. People who can't play alot may not get as far, it just depends on how they budget their time when they play.

oronll
Nov 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
the massive flaw in this game is that its all about dragon runs and leveling up ... You know how long i took for shops to appear on the 360 game? its sad really .

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
probably some people don't have any lives, at all. thats how they can reach level 50 so fast.

Sanjuro-san
Nov 12, 2006, 03:19 PM
I got the game the day it came out, but I have been working 10+ hours at work 5 days a week, 6 days this week as I am at work right now. And I got F.E.A.R, Need for Speed and that new Marvel game for 360 that have been taking up some of my time. Oh, and I still play FFXI. With all that I am just level 31 on PSU.

Hmmm. after reading what I just typed.... it looks like I don't have much of a life outside of my job and 360.... Maybe thats why I am so EMO....

Saigan
Nov 12, 2006, 03:24 PM
I work 6 days / week, sometimes 7 and have had te game since day 1. I too feel left behind in that I play all I can but am 36 while others are 50.

Then I noticed tey've been competitively grinding and not smelling the roses.

Kenjitsu, February and myself probably could have each gained one more level last night if we weren't having so much fun chatting and running newbies through the Onmagoug fight. Don't sweat your levels, take your time and find people you enjoy playing with.

Deerlay
Nov 12, 2006, 03:24 PM
Hmm depend, some pepeole like to read a lot (not everytime intelectual stuff ...) some watch TV a lot, or some are always outside, and some of them find their pleasure in playing a lot so everyone just do what he want. Just dont worry about them ...

About the leveling, i personaly love to rush exp but when you got some good friend, just playin at your rythm or for fun.

PS: I'm Jobless so when i have to wait for an answer to a CV or a Phone call for a job, i just spent my time playing, and payin 9€ for a month is cheaper than watching 2 movie at cinema or just having some fun with your friend, payin drink and etc...

So maybe some are no life, but if you tell how many hour you spend a week to a random guy, maybe he gonna call you like that for playing 10 or less hour a week ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deerlay on 2006-11-12 12:24 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
Grove of Fanatics is excellent, as long as theres a force who knows Reverser to keep the freeze and paralyze and attack down cleaned up.

waluigi1
Nov 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
I must just completely suck...I have school mon. - fri. and I work 3 or 4 times a week and I have football games fri. and I'm only lvl 31...I play any time I'm not at work or school, I only get about 10 hours of sleep on the weekends, and I have like 90 hours on the game...but I'm only lvl 31...Some people on here sound like they are more busy than me but are still higher...

Kismet
Nov 12, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:15, Shiroryuu wrote:
probably some people don't have any lives, at all. thats how they can reach level 50 so fast.

That's exactly what I thinking. XD

xxravenxx
Nov 12, 2006, 04:07 PM

HAHAHAHA!!! thats funy

RazorBlazE
Nov 12, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-12 11:02, Numnuttz wrote:

On 2006-11-12 10:58, PaladinRPG wrote:

im the same way, i focused more on my pm which finally became a 420 and amazed me last night. im level 32 atm and ive logged about 60-70 hrs myself.

Im in the same boat, 70 hours and level 31

Now im preforming 30 new cast genocides a day "/emo" to get my PM to 420. 20 strike and 77 armor ... and 3 tech >.>
On 360 so everyone took the lazy 410 method. Right now its lvl 45 with 20 in strike 3 in 22 in armor

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 05:10 PM
Dragon AND Relics. Yes, I do both. Always grab a party. If you need to, just switch to one of the busier Uni's, and then grab a party. Most of the time, you'll find a party that's constantly doing runs.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 05:51 PM
90 hours and level 35. I've slowed down. Before I was doing this all day:

Dragon C #209472 > Relics C #39054739057 > Dragon B #4097459 > Nuedaiz couple runs > Dragon C #395475 > Relics B #40975495746 > repeat whole line over again. If it says "Overlord" or "RELICS" I'm there no matter what rank lol.

Usually now I'm duoing hard stuff with a couple friends.

EC_Subbie
Nov 12, 2006, 07:31 PM
Ever wonder how some people hit lv50 in the first week? I happened to talk to a player in one of my groups a little while back. He said there's a certain glitch on dragon which enables you to do the boss fight over and over again, without having to get through the stage first. It all makes sense now.

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:31, EC_Subbie wrote:
Ever wonder how some people hit lv50 in the first week? I happened to talk to a player in one of my groups a little while back. He said there's a certain glitch on dragon which enables you to do the boss fight over and over again, without having to get through the stage first. It all makes sense now.

you mean where you abandon the mission after the fight so it takes you to the AMF base camp? thought that was a common practice.

or do you mean finish the fight then immediately start the fight again?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-12 16:56 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Nov 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:55, Candor wrote:

On 2006-11-12 16:31, EC_Subbie wrote:

you mean where you abandon the mission after the fight so it takes you to the AMF base camp? thought that was a common practice.

No not abandoning. I mean finish the fight then immediately start it again, getting bonus exp, items and points over and over again.

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-11-12 17:00, EC_Subbie wrote:
No not abandoning. I mean finish the fight then immediately start it again, getting bonus exp, items and points over and over again.

i'd like to know how to do that O.O

hucast21
Nov 12, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:55, Candor wrote:

Abandon the mission after the fight is what he is talking about.

Also, try to get the killing blow on De Regan to get more EXP.

hucast21
Nov 12, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-11-12 17:00, EC_Subbie wrote:

I call BS, no disrespect to you of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-12 17:08 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Nov 12, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:15, Shiroryuu wrote:

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 12, 2006, 09:50 PM
To level fast you just get a in a group with some forces and some beasts hunters with lightning weapons and do fanatics runs

I play very casually and im level 35 in a couple weeks, think of what a power leveler could do, its not hard to imagine they could sky rocket to high lvl, this game is very easy

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 12, 2006, 11:04 PM
I have like just a little over 50 hours on my guy and he's level 30, level 6 hunter and level 3 ranger. I have college and martial arts practice, as well as hanging out with friends and all that. I got the game on launch but only got online access like 6 days after cuz I needed some stuff.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-11-12 18:50, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
To level fast you just get a in a group with some forces and some beasts hunters with lightning weapons and do fanatics runs

I play very casually and im level 35 in a couple weeks, think of what a power leveler could do, its not hard to imagine they could sky rocket to high lvl, this game is very easy

Yeah, not too hard to level. I've put some time into an alt as well, and I'm getting a shop going. De Ragan runs and Fanatics runs are the best for leveling. I really should get zonde, but I'm working on rabarta right now.

Lastat27
Nov 13, 2006, 02:00 AM
We'll, its been exactly two weeks since I started playing this game and I hit level 50 earlier today. How did I level? I'm glad I asked! Huh? ... Anyways!

-From level 15-25 I did about 50 Relic C's by joining parties.

-From level 25-50 I solo'd about 200 Relic C's with my Partner Machine.

Yep, 95% of the game's I played were Relic C's. Yes I know, De Ragan A has better mission points and exp, especially when you run through it with a party. However, grinding exp as fast as possible isn't really that important at the moment. This level 50 cap is kind of a joke and it's very easy to attain 760,000 exp. Our exp and mission points are at a pretty small cap, which is why soloing is such an easy and profitable alternative.

You'd be very suprised at how fast you can attain level 50 on your own with some upgraded five star weapons and patience. Today I level'd from 49.0 to 50.0 in about six hours. It's not as fun as partying of course but it does have its advantages. As I hit level 50 I had:

-Ranger and Hunter Ranked level 10 (I leveled Hunter with one star handguns to start raising handgun PA's for my ranger.)

-I've leveled all shotgun bullets to 15, handgun bullets to 15, and rifle bullets to 20, (as well as 10 spear, 10 saber, and 10 dagger when I was hunter.)

-My Pm's Battle Strength level is now 35. (It's hard to level PM if your always in a party.)

-Ive gotten at least 500 Nanosilica and 100 Nanocarbon (maybe less carbon but its close) which I used to synth armor and sell.

-Six relic edges (sold each for 7,500 meseta; my armor store has cheap prices).

-More seven star synthing materials then I can count.

-Meseta. Meseta? Meseta! Crazy. Before I hit level 40 I bought and upgraded: Vullseye(5)x3, Stinger(5)x2, Beatgun(5)x2, and a Shigga Wadda. As I approached level 50 I bought a Teroline armor for 200k and pretty much purchased everything my Ranger needs until the upcoming content update.

Not to mention the meseta I've blown for zero return. If you don't make stupid mistakes like I did you'll be in an even better meseta situation. Let's see, I've broken four Vullseyes along the way, failed my first three Gigaline synths, wasted at least 200,000 meseta on trying to synth a Midiline (only to find out Teroline is far superior), wasted over 100,000 meseta decorating my room (De Ragan Figurine still looks cool for his price though + various decor), and so many other things.

I don't know. Soloing just seems to reach so many goals at the same perfect time, level 50. I have friends who are level 50 and just sit there everyday doing nothing, when there's so many things they could be working on or could of worked on had they solo'd a bit more often (PM, PA's, better equipment). Seriously, if you rush your way to 50 in maximum exp parties your going to get bored afterwards. Getting 0 exp from mobs kind of drains the life from battle. Anyways, this post is too long. I think it's quite near it's maximum charact.. .....

*Warning: This post may cause dry mouth, nausea, hallucination, and death. Soloing is not for everyone, consult your doctor before use.*

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 02:49 AM
...Relic C? 200 times? With a PM? Why not the NPC as well? Maybe you could've solo-ed B Ranks, like Linear Line o_O;

Lastat27
Nov 13, 2006, 03:14 AM
I found that Lou usually killed mobs before my PM 440 ever got a chance to touch them. Also, I kill most mobs before they even get within my Npc's / PM's aggro range. Thus my PM is just a cheerleader that somehow gains Battle Strength levels after each mission.

Doing B rank missions is possible but I really prefer the Nanoboxes that Relics has to keep my armor store in business. Someday I'll move to Relic's B, but right now my Ranger's 150-250 dmg a shot doesn't kill mobs fast enough. Thus, I suffer an enormous meseta bill at each recharge station, sometimes even having to leave the field to recharge (I envy aoe Hunters). I guess Relic's C just killed a lot of "Rappy's" with one stone for me (Exp, rank, PA's, nanocarbon, meseta, PM, etc).

Athrex
Nov 13, 2006, 04:32 AM
I have a hunch for the Dragon exploit a my group did it accidently once. (Major WTF moment) Triggering a SUV attack right before the dragon dies causes the glitch. The Dragon will die (animation) and the SUV animation will be visible during it. After the animation completes instead of taking you to the version of the room with the crystal and boxes, the game takes you to .... the same room you were in (your characters will be in the same place they were) with a fresh De Ragan. I bet with a static group and some proper calculations on Dragon kill times you could pull this off repeatedly.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 05:23 AM
I level so fast for the fame, the money and the sex.

Oh, you said HOW do I level so fast? Just the thought of all that fame, money and sex.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 07:40 AM
On 2006-11-12 23:49, RyukiZero wrote:
...Relic C? 200 times? With a PM? Why not the NPC as well? Maybe you could've solo-ed B Ranks, like Linear Line o_O;

the NPC dies too many times IMO, I took Hyuga along for a Kajiburadaa run and he died, ruining our S Rank so I kicked him out of the party and did just fine without him.

DarkShadowX
Nov 13, 2006, 07:43 AM
Well if you look at my sig. I'm lvl 50, must mean I have no life >> <<.

Anyways, Temple and Dragon runs are all good for xp. And while I admit I've logged in more than 100+ hours already, I don't find myself much of a grinder. But if I pt with my friends and ppl I kno, I just end up having so much fun that we actually do indeed end up grinding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-11-13 04:44 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 13, 2006, 09:43 AM
I hit 50 in under three weeks, and yeah, I basically played every second I could non-stop >_>

Blu_Swade
Nov 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
lv 1-20 in 3 hours! if you say you topped that I'll cry... ;_; I have no life!