PDA

View Full Version : Caffine and Tingle.

Sayara
Nov 12, 2006, 10:37 AM
I've learned stuff bout Caffiene!

the Excedrin i take (2 pillz of) has 130 mg of caffiene in them.

Comparing to some of those drinks people drink:
Its possible to be almost double the intake of a cup of coffee (depends the brand)
Its 8.66 times as potent as a cup of bottled tea!
Almost 4 times as potent as Pepsi
and 3 times as powerful as Coke! .____.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Sugah Pills babeh.

Twitchgle?

MaximusLight
Nov 13, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-11-12 07:37, Tingle wrote:
I've learned stuff bout Caffiene!

the Excedrin i take (2 pillz of) has 130 mg of caffiene in them.

Comparing to some of those drinks people drink:
Its possible to be almost double the intake of a cup of coffee (depends the brand)
Its 8.66 times as potent as a cup of bottled tea!
Almost 4 times as potent as Pepsi
and 3 times as powerful as Coke! .____.

But it will never be as good as Iced Tea.

KojiroAK
Nov 13, 2006, 02:24 AM
What's also interesting about caffeine , if it's drunken with sugar the effect doesn't last as long as drunken without sugar.

So the most energy drinks that contents caffeine aren't that effective as a normal coffee.

Zarode
Nov 13, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-12 07:37, Tingle wrote:

the Adrenaline i take

Gasp Tingle! Gasp...

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
On 2006-11-12 23:24, KojiroAK wrote:
So the most energy drinks that contents caffeine aren't that effective as a normal coffee.

Actually, the active ingredient in most energy drinks is Taurine, not Caffeine. Taurine is a synthetic form of bull testosterone, which makes you more agressive, and therefore, more full of energy. Really good energy drinks also contain something to help you think clearly, such as Ginkgo, because otherwise you'll be sitting there, wondering why you're so pissed off.

Caffeine works by blocking receptors in your brain that, upon receiving a particular chemical, tell you that you're tired, and you'd better find a place to sleep. Therefore, you continue on without realizing your fatigue. Where it all falls down, however, is that your brain compensates for this effect, by producing more of these receptors, which means that it will take more caffeine to accomplish the same results, and not consuming any caffeine will result in your brain throwing a fit because you're not sleeping. We call this the "Caffeine Headache."
It takes about 2 weeks for your brain to become accustomed to a lower rate of caffeine consumption.

I could use some caffeine right now...

Shadowpawn
Nov 13, 2006, 12:50 PM
Mmm....bull testosterone.[/Homer]

Sayara
Nov 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
And this is the story of my life :<<

Sord
Nov 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
heh, some kid brought this up during class about two days ago. He was drinking some kind of water with an energy boost chemical in it, but it wasn't caffeine and I know it wasn't taurine. I think it began with an A. *shrug*

Funkomatic
Nov 13, 2006, 09:13 PM
I work at starbucks, so you can immagine my caffine intake.