PDA

View Full Version : Is my trainer NPC broken?

Arieta
Nov 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
I've been in groups for Fanatics A that had Lou in it. Yes, I know the trainers suck in that mission, but our force didn't care and wanted to level resta some more anyways. Point is, Lou was doing SUV a lot, and I've seen other Trainers such as Leo use Nanoblast.

Now I have Leo as my trainer, and I also used him in that exact same mission with the same party. He never nano'd once. Even solo he ever nano's like I've heard he can do from other players. I think he's bugged or something. Reason why I think that is because I didn't get my trainer NPC until level 50. Mostly because when the game first game out, the servers to sign up were down so I played single player. Single playes like a huge tutorial so I didn't feel the need to use the online one.

So what I'm thinking is that because I got him at level 50 and not right away, I somehow bugged my NPC so he won't Nano. Unless you have to use him a lot in missions and he like gains it over time through mission points. So I'm mostly curious if Leo do have the ability to Nanoblast at all, and just why won't mine do it.

Ryna
Nov 12, 2006, 11:39 AM
I believe Leo gains the ability to Nanoblast at level 20. I also believe he'll only Nanoblast after inflicing /receiving a certain amount of damage. Depending on your gameplay style, it may possible that Leo never reaches that threshold.

Arieta
Nov 12, 2006, 11:55 AM
Yea well I'm level 50. So that's not a problem there. Also like I said I was in a group with Lou and she SUV'd at least 5 times in Fanatics A. Doing exactly the same mission with Leo gave me 0 Nanoblasts. I even solo'd Relics B having no damage being dealt by anyone other then Leo. He slowly solo'd the entire place without Nano'ing once.

Plus this is Fanatics, He musta taken at least 60k damage by the end of the round because of all the mobs blowing up. I got my nano 3-4 times he should've had it at least once.

VelosofLight
Nov 13, 2006, 12:47 AM
How do you get the trainer NPCs? I never could figure that out.

Musashi445
Nov 13, 2006, 12:54 AM
You seem to charge up for nano power by attacking. My Leo nano's but only after he's attacked a lot. And rarely he gets to attack things in a party before they die. So yeah, the problem is his just isn't charging up and for some reason, Lou's was.

Also, you get the trainer NPC card by doing the tutorial online.

BloodDragoon
Nov 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
Lou also uses an SUV unavailable to players online atm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 13, 2006, 01:00 AM
On 2006-11-12 08:55, Arieta wrote:
Yea well I'm level 50. So that's not a problem there. Also like I said I was in a group with Lou and she SUV'd at least 5 times in Fanatics A. Doing exactly the same mission with Leo gave me 0 Nanoblasts. I even solo'd Relics B having no damage being dealt by anyone other then Leo. He slowly solo'd the entire place without Nano'ing once.

Plus this is Fanatics, He musta taken at least 60k damage by the end of the round because of all the mobs blowing up. I got my nano 3-4 times he should've had it at least once.

If you/he dies, nano/suv gauge is reset to 0. If you leave to rechagre, it willr eset to 0. If netihe rof those are happening I dont know, my leo nanoblasts all the time

Flunky
Nov 13, 2006, 01:28 AM
Hopefully Leo doesn't Nanoblast as intelligently as Lou uses her SUV.. too many times she fires into a wall, -after- the current group of enemies has just been finished off. Brilliant!

Reimiko
Nov 13, 2006, 11:24 AM
Hi arieta!

I guess you still haven't figured out how to fix your leo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. hopefully it'll fix itself in a patch or something.

Arieta
Nov 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
Yea he still's bugged for me saddly. No matter what he'll never do nano. He can solo a entire dungeon C , B, A with me never leaving the place and him never dieing.. and he'll never nano once. And I know he's doing enough damage because when he starts doing that AoE spear combo he's wacking mobs all over the place.

If I can't get him to nano there's almost no point to bring him along solo since he takes to much damage compared to me or my PM.

mech259_
Nov 13, 2006, 11:56 AM
I have only had Leo nano once. And there was only one enemy left in the room when he did it. And he lost the nanoblast before we got to the next room.

McFresh_Bot
Nov 13, 2006, 01:31 PM
Sort of off the topic, but how the hell do you even invite your trainer to your party? I have Lou's card and somehow have yet to figure that one out.

Natrokos
Nov 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
Leo is still the best trainer imo. Maya likes to cure me when I have full life or get behind me to protect against all the enemies that aren't there.

Musashi445
Nov 13, 2006, 02:39 PM
you go to Community > Party > Form Party

Then select the partner card from there. NOTE: this can only be done in a city. Not in the mission.

McFresh_Bot
Nov 13, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:39, Musashi445 wrote:
you go to Community > Party > Form Party

Then select the partner card from there. NOTE: this can only be done in a city. Not in the mission.

Thanks, yeah I was trying to do this in the mission the whole time :

KiteWolfwood
Nov 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
My lou has never once used her SUV. I didn't even know they could. I didn't do the tutorial till I was like 25ish though so maybe that has something to do with it I dunno.

AnamanaAU
Nov 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-11-12 21:47, VelosofLight wrote:
How do you get the trainer NPCs? I never could figure that out.

Do the tutorial.

Arieta
Nov 13, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yea that's what I'm thinking too. It seems that most people who can get their trainer to use their special abiltiy always got it at level 1 or so, or basicly before level 20. Least that's what I've been seeing so far, anyone who's gotten it later in the game doesn't see the special ability.

Kyon
Nov 13, 2006, 04:14 PM
Blegh, I'm stuck with Hyuga, the obnoxious casanova that couldn't.

BloodDragoon
Nov 13, 2006, 04:18 PM
No I got Lou's card at lv 30 and she uses her SUV. I wish I could take videos of the times I casually pushed monsters in front of it while it was firing lol.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 13, 2006, 05:20 PM
Alright going to go try to get lou to use her SUV weapon. Ill bring back pics if I get her to use it.

Edit:Just made her solo Linear Line A and nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2006-11-13 15:00 ]</font>