PDA

View Full Version : This is getting more difficult than I thought..-_-

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
It seems that in Extra mode it is a lot easier and faster to level you and your PM up, get mor Meseta and all that good stuff than it is in Network mode.

I am STILL at level 6 struggling to get meseta to get Force attacks and rods...It's killing me inside..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-12 12:29 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
You get used to it. Hell, it levels a LOT faster than in PSO. I've already maxed out 6 PAs and one job class!

Deerlay
Nov 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe just because you play a Force ...
Get some good friend and play for fun that's all ...

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
I thought it was easier in PSO.. Well, I'll always be a Force.

Maybe it's because I only get to do so much within an Hour.

Yoruichi
Nov 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
I really can't give you advice on force, mine was using B weapons like at 5. For a fresh start caster it probably will be a little rough.

Deja
Nov 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Levels faster than PSO? You can get to Ultimate mode in 50 hours, and by then you are like lvl 60ish after a while in ultimate.

I've played well over 100 hours and I'm lvl 39.

Deerlay
Nov 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Hmm there is a solution for that, act like a cute lil girl and try to seduce all the Male Hunter, sometimes, they'll give you a lots of stuff or money. It works everytime ...

PS: Dont try this at home !

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:38 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:37, Deerlay wrote:
Hmm there is a solution for that, act like a cute lil girl and try to seduce all the Male Hunter, sometimes, they'll give you a lots of stuff or money. It works everytime ...

PS: Dont try this at home !

Hmmm, *rubs hands together mischieviously(sp?)*

Muhaha..>.>

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:37, Deja wrote:
Levels faster than PSO? You can get to Ultimate mode in 50 hours, and by then you are like lvl 60ish after a while in ultimate.

I've played well over 100 hours and I'm lvl 39.

I was level 90ish *shrugs*

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
Playing a force can prove difficult in this game though your best bet is to tag along with some what medium size parites at the beginning and then once you get one RA spell (AOE tag effect) and a rest spell it should be fairly easy to catch up level wise.

As for meseta flow make sure you join games that have set order for normal items (rares can go random or set order depends on perfernece). The one reason i had economic trouble at first was because all the in the line of combat hunters were playing "Give finders" leaving the range classes Rangers and Forces in the dust. Though once you start joining games with those drop rates, get a shop up and running you should be able to wield profit in, in no time.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 03:47 PM
Pick up an area spell and resta, a rod, and go to town until you have more money.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:43, Pandatron wrote:
Playing a force can prove difficult in this game though your best bet is to tag along with some what medium size parites at the beginning and then once you get one RA spell (AOE tag effect) and a rest spell it should be fairly easy to catch up level wise.

As for meseta flow make sure you join games that have set order for normal items (rares can go random or set order depends on perfernece). The one reason i had economic trouble at first was because all the in the line of combat hunters were playing "Give finders" leaving the range classes Rangers and Forces in the dust. Though once you start joining games with those drop rates, get a shop up and running you should be able to wield profit in, in no time.

Please explain just how you mean for one to make a huge profit from shop... Aside from a lucky Neu Ebon, I mostly break even.

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:51, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-11-12 12:43, Pandatron wrote:

Please explain just how you mean for one to make a huge profit from shop... Aside from a lucky Neu Ebon, I mostly break even.

Hm... never said huge but i do make enough to get myself by give or take 80-100k so far i can't put my finger on the exactly total. Also what's lucky Neu Ebon you'll have to enlighten me on that.

The majority of my profit comes from various drops from runs that and purchasing weapon and armor synth boards and creating items from those. Since the large majority of the server is filled with hunters its base to make melee related weapons such as 2 handed swords, spears, and so forth. As for armor anyone can benefit from it so the more ya make the better. Aside from that working on an armor PM which allows me to sell monomates dirt cheap (about 10 mst each) and saber feedable fewds for those that need it for there PM. As a result i profit and lvl up my PM.

It's mostly grinding though and most of the items you find just put up in the shop for cheap (don't flood it with boards though pisses people off when searching) and create cheap 4 and 5 star weapons since the sucess rate on those are typically high for any PM and your good to go.

I hope that helped a little i'm not sure if this post was just as vague as my previous one ^_^.

Yoruichi
Nov 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
I say go my route and take deerly's advice and become spoiled, using such high grade weapons and rediculously low levels makes it alot easier.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 04:05 PM
Well, my current sellers are mostly 3 star guns, but yeah, I should stock some 4 star melee stuff.

As for the Neu Ebon bit, a unit of it dropped from boss in Grove B, its rare enough to sell for 9k.

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 04:10 PM
My knowledge on the gun market is very low but one thing i knew about this game when it was going to come out tha t probably most people are going to yield to the side of playing a pure hunter or a hunter tech of some sort before they attempt other classes. Makes sense right it's the most generic and easist of the classes to play. Though be careful with the 4 star market make sure it's elemental property items the neutral property market moves horrible slow x.x.

I haven't been on many B rank Groove runs i mostly do C just to get items for the smaller market and manipulate around with it. That and items on the higher range markets due to the rarity flux alot something i choose not to mess with currently until the stablize.

There's my 4 cents.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 04:14 PM
I know I want to put elements in, I've been doing guns for so long I have a massive stockpile of all the other photons.

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:28, MayLee wrote:
It seems that in Extra mode it is a lot easier and faster to level you and your PM up, get mor Meseta and all that good stuff than it is in Network mode.

I am STILL at level 6 struggling to get meseta to get Force attacks and rods...It's killing me inside..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can synth you some 2 star rods if you want. I need to get the board out of my PM anyway.

I also have some Scepter boards I'll never use, so if you need some Wands/Rods just let me know.

Pandatron
Nov 12, 2006, 04:16 PM
Hm... i think you'll sell those in due time. I mean each market i think will be flooded at oen point or another. I don't think people will be tempted to play forces anytime soon so your time of profit will come ^_^. I'm just hoping i'm able to ride on the gigaline market with my armor based PM before that market slops...

(lol this is so incredible off topic we should meet up at some point just sit chat and so forth. You play on PS2/PC?).

Spacepest
Nov 12, 2006, 04:17 PM
I'm just finally getting back to work on my force.

I made a force to start with...and then put him away once I saw how much the beginning techs and items were going to cost me. I made a hunter and played that instead...now I'm using my hunter's shop and earnings to fund my force.

But damn, my force...he is one expensive bitch. The spells to start off with run from 500 to 1500 meseta each. Plus PP refills at the end of every mission. O_O Much more expensive than my hunter. I estimate I'm easily going to spend 10K on starting spells alone. Granted, I only have to buy the spells once ...but still, 10K to start off with as a new toon is quite a PITA. Even beasts and casts, who have to buy blast badges and SUV units, don't have to cough up that money until they reach level 20.

Eulogy21
Nov 12, 2006, 04:47 PM
Try the wand and handgun combo. Just tag each enemy once with the gun for easy exp. Use the wand for either attack techs or support techs. For my set-up, I carry 2 handgun/wand combos. I use one for attacking and the other if the party needs to be healed. The wands also cast faster then rods too and it isn't too hard to switch wands when you need to.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-11-12 12:31, MayLee wrote:
I thought it was easier in PSO.. Well, I'll always be a Force.

Oh..nope. You need a powerful mag to solo things in PSO off rip as FO who's just starting out. In PSU you're already a killing machine from the start. And you get MORE powerful as your techs level up. The money and xp starts rolling in when you enter the run fest like everyone else.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-11-12 13:16, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-12 12:28, MayLee wrote:

I can synth you some 2 star rods if you want. I need to get the board out of my PM anyway.

I also have some Scepter boards I'll never use, so if you need some Wands/Rods just let me know.

You'd do that for me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah. I need to burn off excess materials anyway.

Dukelion
Nov 12, 2006, 07:28 PM
Hell if you need to burn off mats, give em to someone raising a full Range PM...

...someone like me... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 07:35 PM
If you're on the 360 I can make some guns for you.

Mind, I don't have any Ranged stats on my PM, so they aren't going to be just flooding in (don't expect 5* rifles either).

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:35, Zeta wrote:
If you're on the 360 I can make some guns for you.

Mind, I don't have any Ranged stats on my PM, so they aren't going to be just flooding in (don't expect 5* rifles either).

That's cool, I don't think Forces can use Rifles. o.o

I like the bows and wands. myself. I haven't figured out the ways of synthing either.. >.<

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 09:20 PM
Oh, I was replying to the person above me.

Synthesis isn't hard, but I'll start up some Wands and Rods before I go to sleep. I feel really sick >_<

Dukelion
Nov 12, 2006, 09:26 PM
Nah I am on the PC. Oh well. I would be making my own guns anyway.

Good Luck with all your...synthing.....stuff....yeah....

<looks at watch> Work need to end faster.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-12 18:20, Zeta wrote:
Oh, I was replying to the person above me.

Synthesis isn't hard, but I'll start up some Wands and Rods before I go to sleep. I feel really sick >_<

You too? I had a burning fever last night. It's going down today.

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 09:41 PM
I have a pretty weak immune system, so as much as I love Winter, I tend to be sick for the majority of it.

Last week I had a fever of 104 for half the day on Thursday.

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 09:45 PM
I was barely 100 last night.

Felt like my head was going to explode.

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 11:00 PM
I felt kinda like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Post "I'M MELTING!!!!". I thought I was going to just soak into my bed.