PDA

View Full Version : Hunters....

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
When De Ragan turns his head towards you, MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

ARGH!

I'm tired of you losing my S-Rank, and only having "omg" to say for yourself, as if this is new to you. It's sickening to see a Lv40+ get breathed to death.

Fight at it's breast, under the neck, that way even in mid PA or combo, you can see which way the head is moving, and GO THE OTHER WAY.

Thank you for your time.

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 05:22 PM
you're partying with 40+ that can't/don't avoid his attacks O.o

Vorpal
Nov 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
I don't think I've had a problem with people dying from his fire breath, but some people need to stop attacking the butt/tail, and move up a little, too many deaths from the tail =/.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-12 14:25 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
Never had a tail death, but have seen quite a few breath deaths. Most don't seem to realize if you're behind or under him you won't be in trouble.

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
I haven't seen a death from the tail swipe yet, but that's mainly because I warn against people attacking the hind legs, bit I figured the "not getting roasted to death" idea was fairly common. I guess it isn't.

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
Behind him is the worst place to be. I've seen De Ragan tail swipe 4 times in a row because the whole party was attacking hind legs...

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 05:31 PM
you'd think all the zeros would be enough of a sign NOT to attack from behind

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 05:33 PM
The tail isn't the threat when it's in the air(to reachable proportions). It is when it lowers to the ground and thats when he starts moving in circles. What's happening is you're being combo'ed by the heel of foot along with the scales of the tail. Knowing this, when he lowers it to the ground and starts moving, I attack only the base and just get hit by the heel. A smart hunter should know when to haul ass and heal when they are about to die and stuff. It's not hard. Now what pisses me off is when they don't avoid the front. Atleast attack the sides. The front of the dragon sucks just for the reason started in the beginning post. You aint never gonna see me up there with everyone else that's for sure.

you'd think all the zeros would be enough of a sign NOT to attack from behind
I LOVE newman ATA :3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-12 14:38 ]</font>

Flunky
I'm surprised that so many still get roasted, personally. I've gotten one or two hits from catching the tail end of flames before, I'll admit. But never more than 100-200 damage (one or two hits' worth) when I've got about 1,100 HP. I pistol-fire the neck and head until he gets ready to flame, then circle around the non-flaming side of the neck and attack the neck/shoulders with my dagger PA. I've gone more than a few fights without getting hit at all using this strategy. Of course, I'm not a giganto beast... those things always seem to get take the pain against De Ragan.

Dukelion
What bothers me most times is not the avoiding attacks that you know are coming. Its when someone dosn't heal themselves until the last possible moment. When your health is yellow, heal...don't wait till its red.

Red=Dead.

BloodDragoon
Nov 12, 2006, 05:47 PM
Blame Sega for making casts flammable in game... >.>

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 05:48 PM
People waiting to heal themselves until they're in the red is just them saying "Uhh, is the force going to heal me?", which is VERY bad practice. Forces can't be everywhere all the time.
Go easy on 'em, and help yourself every once in a while.

JaireLiay
Nov 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-11-12 14:48, ZiG wrote:
People waiting to heal themselves until they're in the red is just them saying "Uhh, is the force going to heal me?", which is VERY bad practice. Forces can't be everywhere all the time.
Go easy on 'em, and help yourself every once in a while.

Or they stand still 15 feet from the dragon, and expect you to run towards them around the dragon for the heal, then you get crushed by it.

Happened to a friend of mine today, she healed someone from dying, then the dragon turned and stomped/flamed her.

It's not hard to avoid the thing, you can see its neck from pretty much ANYWHERE you're attacking from.

Rider
Nov 12, 2006, 06:38 PM
The only time I die from the dragon and is when he does enough damage suddenly and I die. So basically he has to instantly kill me because if I get hit on accident by the fire or tail, then I use a healing item right away, sometimes more if needed.

As for the force comment. On the dragon if I need a heal I try to find the force first and run to them rather then have them run to me. I've seen forces get killed by running over to people and trying to heal them or worse, the people who stay at low health but dont stop attacking the dragon and expect the force to run up and heal them. Forces don't have as much hp as hunters!

Dukelion
Nov 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
I do forces a favor by never having to worry about me. Its why I went Ranger. I am usually far away from the heavy fighting and if I am, I am using a mate's to heal.

Yoruichi
Nov 12, 2006, 07:09 PM
I've never had any problems attacking the front and using high hitting PA's to hit its head. I normally can do the dragon with little to no hits, hits being when he starts to move which is 50ish damage and I just step back. Even on a sloppy run my worse fear is getting breathed on and with 26% fire armor its not a problem, way better than a double tailwhip KO (for those with low hp).