PDA

View Full Version : any tips for a new shop owner ^^

TangledWeb3917
Nov 12, 2006, 05:55 PM
At long last I have enough money to buy my own shop! Before i go ahead and open up i was wondering if any of you had some advice for a new shop owner ^_^

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 05:57 PM
If you have time, for the better items in your shop, search other shops to check other prices. Do not overprice.

Sanjuro-san
Nov 12, 2006, 05:57 PM
Please do not sell items over market value.

Flunky
Nov 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
If the items you're selling are sold by NPC vendors, for <insert deity name>'s sake PLEASE sell for cheaper than the vendors do. I can't count how many 3000 nanocarbons or 2000 marselines I've seen for sale.

The only real exception to this is if you're trying to sell a heavily grinded or high elemental % weapon.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
If you plan on selling weapons or armor, its best to specialize your PM for one category, for the best success rates

TangledWeb3917
Nov 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
I've already started checking prices http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ... i'm going to price my stuff a bit lower then the norm

Nani-chan
Nov 12, 2006, 06:01 PM
If you are unsure what to set prices; compare with npc and other stores.

Sometimes things won't sell right away. It takes time but you can get sales while you're offline, so shops are nice in that regard.

edit:
Rappy feathers are hard to price, not everyone wants the rappy figure.. but I see people putting it up for allot sometimes due to it's rarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-12 15:03 ]</font>

TangledWeb3917
Nov 12, 2006, 06:01 PM
whats the going price for a rappy feather? i found a batch of them last week and picked one up im thinking of selling it

TangledWeb3917
Nov 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
sorry to ask a stupid question but ... is everything pirtty much straight foward when you activate your shop, as far as putting items in the shop and setting there prices?

Nani-chan
Nov 12, 2006, 06:09 PM
yeah you select the computer on the shop counter. Then there is a optionto take a item out of pm's storage, set it's price for one unit, then tell it how many units to put up.

You can also select the computer to change price of items, or to put items back in pm's storage.

TangledWeb3917
Nov 12, 2006, 06:11 PM
thats so cool ... it's going to take me a while before i can open it up but i'm sure it'll be worth it when i do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Carnage781
Nov 12, 2006, 06:26 PM
Put Good, sought after items such as Nanocarbons, Marseline, andCrea Sabers at good reasonable prices

Then put other stuff you wish to sell, and do the same with those

You can go to NPC & Player shops to help pricing

MayLee
Nov 12, 2006, 06:33 PM
Persuasion..>.>

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 12, 2006, 07:34 PM
I'll teach you some basic fundamentals about player markets and selling.

You need to keep in mind that NPC stores are the default price.
That will determine what you should set your selling price for common and uncommon items (1 - 6 stars).
Rares and uniques (7 - 10 stars) are a different story so do not strictly apply this method to them.

Alright lets start with an example...
Lets say a Trimate naturally cost 1000 mesta at the local NPC shop.
If you sell it for the same price your probability of selling it is the same chance as that in a NPC shop.
Pretty clear?

However, if you raise your selling price your chances of selling the Trimate will significantly decrease.
Although it will lest likely be bought you will get more profit.

This happens the opposite way if you set your selling price below the default.
If you sell the Trimate for 500, which is 50% off, your chances of selling it will significantly increase.

Selling lower is a good way to get it sold fast and money, but it yields low profit.
Selling high is a good way to make profit, but it may not sell as fast and the outcome yields 0 income if the item never sells.

Common and uncommon items that you obtain from missions, monsters, etc... should be sold lower than the default price.

You don't want to spend your time selling an overpriced trimate, hoping some noob/idiot will eventually buy it.
Most players are going to buy the normal priced item at the local NPC shop than buy your overpriced one.

Where you need to overprice is the items that are not normally sold in NPC shops and/or items that require some work to obtain.
That is where the real income is.

If you want to sell a rare/unique item but not sure of the value then don't sell it until you know what it is. You don't want to sell an item that was horribly under priced because you didn't know its value.

I have a lot more information that I could share but what I have given should be enough to get by.
Very basic stuff...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-12 16:50 ]</font>

Deja
Nov 12, 2006, 07:35 PM
Place popular items in the Ad, and the price. I've gone to search for Ads now with marseline, since 90% of the stores sell them over 1200.

RaveSauce
Nov 12, 2006, 07:38 PM
dont list a bunch of popular items for 9999999 in your shop just so you come up under the search, really aggravating when your trying to find something and 5/10 shops you visit have it for 9999999

Spacepest
Nov 12, 2006, 08:19 PM
Find the PDF printable form that lists all the item prices at the NPC vendors. Its somewhere on this site.

That has saved me so much time when pricing items that I want to get rid of. Just price them less than the NPC vendor and watch them go!

KG
Nov 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
especialy in something no one else is offering take ur time to decide wat u want to especialy in

come to my shop airboards only 10k!!!!!

Ryuk
ps2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KG on 2006-11-12 17:40 ]</font>