PDA

View Full Version : Must.... resist... HUNTER!

Nestahima
Nov 12, 2006, 06:13 PM
Well, I've tried being a Force, and I've tried being a Ranger. I like being a Ranger, but lack of solo ability can get to me sometimes. (Plus I have a C rank rifle grinded to +7 and its better than the 5 star rifle now.)

I've tried the force, and I really do like it -- however, when I get into groups, the Hunters whirlwind everything and I can't hit a dang thing, even with the AoEs.

So this leaves me with -- the Hunter. I hate being a part of the majority, but I might have to make one so that I can whirlwind things around too. (*evil*)

Convince me not to make a Hunter!

Candor
Nov 12, 2006, 06:17 PM
why would i do that?

Nestahima
Nov 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
Cause there are so many of you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mwabwetumba
Nov 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
Dont fight the power.. Become the power!

Candor
we're just awsome like that. i also plan to be a figunner, definately one of a kind there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Randomness
Nah, if you must, run up to the enemies before firing off techs. Less time for them to be sent flying. Much less.

Nani-chan
Nov 12, 2006, 06:22 PM
Maybe you should try hunter. By getting it to rank 3 you'll have access to wartecher later, I believe they are one of the better soloers.

I'm guessing you're upset for not tagging everything is giving you lower exp which ranking up hunter can give.

If you decide you hate hunter then switch back, it's just a lost of some meseta really.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 06:28 PM
If you be a hunter you wont really be happy with it because of that desire you spoke of to be a force. As a hunter it is hard to resist using PA's to thier fullest so..to adapt to this you could go the gun/wand route and tag stuff and then go about your usual stuff. Other than 0, physical attacks aren't going to be a pain with targeting. Now if you do go the way of the warrior just remember that even as a hunter, you wont be free from not being able to hit every enemy.

Nestahima
Nov 12, 2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah. I'm going to try and find a way to tag everything before things get thrown around.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
I have little trouble tagging everything with upgraded Ra- techs, just try to fire them off right at the start.

Yoiyami
Nov 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
On 2006-11-12 15:13, Nestahima wrote:
Well, I've tried being a Force, and I've tried being a Ranger. I like being a Ranger, but lack of solo ability can get to me sometimes. (Plus I have a C rank rifle grinded to +7 and its better than the 5 star rifle now.)

I've tried the force, and I really do like it -- however, when I get into groups, the Hunters whirlwind everything and I can't hit a dang thing, even with the AoEs.

So this leaves me with -- the Hunter. I hate being a part of the majority, but I might have to make one so that I can whirlwind things around too. (*evil*)

Convince me not to make a Hunter!

O_o Holy crap, we're totally on the same exact page. I thought I was the only one...*sob*

myomer
Nov 12, 2006, 07:01 PM
Errr do rangers hit a wall somewhere solo-wise? Because my (albeit low-level) lv15 ranger seems to solo pretty well. I use a lot of PP and high HP enemies take forever (twin guns) but I don't get hit much either and the strafe allows me to be pretty mobile.

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
I solo as Ranger just fine.

Mazoku
Nov 12, 2006, 07:03 PM
Personally I have a force and a hunter. Switching between the two different playstyles keeps me more interested. When one starts to get old, I just play the other for a while.

happy_cricket
Nov 12, 2006, 07:08 PM
I went the wierd route, and made my Newman a hunter and my Human a Force. It allows a bit of a different exploration of your basic Hunter, but I get to spin things around too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifb

Xbob
Nov 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
I hate being a part of the majority

Why? Stop trying to be different and do what you want, not what you think makes you special.

Dukelion
Nov 12, 2006, 07:17 PM
Im a ranger and I love it. My force friends never have to heal me. I tag my targets just right so hunters don't have to come and rescue me. Not to mention I have a freaking cool SUV weapon...AND the updates should bring in even bigger and better ranged weapons.

...all this is bringing back memories of the big ass guns in PSO...ahhhh the memories...

EJ
Nov 12, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:08, happy_cricket wrote:
I went the wierd route, and made my Newman a hunter and my Human a Force. It allows a bit of a different exploration of your basic Hunter, but I get to spin things around too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifb

That's not weird my Newman is also a hunter but since his hunter lvl is at 10 now leveling the force job so far 7 o;

RavenTW
Nov 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
Personally, I am a Ranger that uses more melee weapons than anything. When I'm in danger, I switch to ranged mode and start cappin' enemies with a rifle. But I focus on a Saber/Pistol combo. I have no idea if it's common or not, but I like it. I prefer pistols to large rifles (though the Cannons are quite persuasive) and I wanted a melee weapon to go with it. I liked the saber more than the dagger, and Rangers can't use claws.

I play based on what I enjoy, not so much what is effective. Besides, if what you enjoy is weaker, than that gives you the oppurtunity to train and become stronger.

HolyCecil
Nov 12, 2006, 09:02 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate being a part of the majority

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? Stop trying to be different and do what you want, not what you think makes you special.

Correct. I'm also going Hunter after playing Force for awhile and yes, am probably gonna go the what seems to be popular, Figunner route.

Nukei
Nov 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Use bows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Show hunters that you can tag all the enemies, flee and take all the items @_@;

Nestahima
Nov 12, 2006, 09:05 PM
I try and use my Bow, but bows seem to be very PP intensive. As a Newman, we have decent ATA, but lack the ATP to really do much damage with the bow.

Knownoes
Nov 12, 2006, 09:10 PM
Bows are still handy though. I've found that they can constantly make an enemy flinch on B rank missions like they do from any weapon in C rank. Real handy for bringing down flying enemies.

Nestahima
Nov 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
Oh definately. Especially those flying things on the first Parum mission... what is it, Mad Creatures?

Knownoes
Nov 12, 2006, 09:14 PM
Eh? What's a parum?

/sarc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-12 18:15 ]</font>

pso123hrf
Nov 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:03, Mazoku wrote:
Personally I have a force and a hunter. Switching between the two different playstyles keeps me more interested. When one starts to get old, I just play the other for a while.

Amen

SonicTMP
Nov 13, 2006, 12:13 AM
hmmm to go ranger or force next. Ranger seems to be easy, point and shoot. Are forces really that hard to play or does none know the right setup for them yet?