PDA

View Full Version : substituting wood

MXdude
Nov 12, 2006, 06:51 PM
In the Item database, some weapons say they can be made by substituting the wood with kubara wood. I was just woundering how i do so. One of the weapons says to use kubara wood with twin handgun board but i dont know how to substitute. So how do i do it?

thanks.

Lyrise
Nov 12, 2006, 06:53 PM
Just synthesize as normal. If you really can substitute wood, you will be given the choice to, when confirming the wood you want to use.

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
When you select the slot, it should give you a menu of possible ingredients.

MXdude
Nov 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
When i select the wood slot it does not give me a choice. Could the item database be wrong?

ZiG
Nov 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
No, it could be your board doesn't allow you to substitute.

I had a 6* bow board that allowed me to substitute, but using Kubara Wood dropped the success % down by 30 points.

MXdude
Nov 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
but the item database says

" Made from substituting Kubara Wood in the [B] Twin Handgun board, although the success rate is much lower."

and i have the [B] Twin Handgun board

MXdude
Nov 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
anyone know what im doing wrong, or is the item database wrong?

Randomness
Nov 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
Its only the 6 star boards you can sub in... It would have a ??? by the wood icon if you could substitute.

MXdude
Nov 12, 2006, 07:14 PM
hmm ok thanks, they should change the item database then...

darthplagis
Nov 12, 2006, 09:00 PM
no, at least on offline extra the kubara wood option only pops up if you a) have kubara wood and b) have a higher level board. you dont need the exact amount of wood for the option to pop up it just does when you select the wood in the synth menu, yet you DO need the correct ammount of wood to sub the origional and make a kubara product...........i was 1 kubara away from making a kubara shot gun then the xbox version was released and my JP PS2 was abandoned.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Maybe you dont have the wood in your inventory that Is able to be substituted with it.

McLaughlin
Nov 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
It only works if there's a ???? where the ____Wood requirement should be.

You need a higher level board.

Brus
Nov 12, 2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1008/twin_handguc/

he means this.
frankly I'm curious about this too.

Choja
Nov 12, 2006, 11:10 PM
Ohhhhhh, yeah. The Kubara weapons like that are different.
If you use Kubara Wood instead of the regular on a six star weapon, it turns into a Kubara weapon. The difference, however, is that it's a Kubara-ized version of the one star weapon (like Alteri/Alteric and Ryo-Pistatore/Ryo-Pistatorec).
Their descriptions are also funny as they're the one star weapon's description with an added "ambigous" fragment. (underline not in actual descripton.)
Alteric: An entry-level, mass-produced bow known for its elegant form. Its range is shorter than a rifle's, but its bullet effects are more powerful. Probably.
Ryo-Pistatorec: A pair of entry-level, mass-produced handguns known for their elegance. Their large reactors give them a high PP stat. Or so it's said.
They are weak by themselves, but if you grind them, they receive great bonuses to their stats.
There's your explaination. Someone submitted the wrong information on the database, I think. D:

EDIT: Put in Pistolrec instead of Pistatorec.
There's only one Ryo-Pistatorec in PS2/PC version going for 200k ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-12 20:13 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 12, 2006, 11:19 PM
hmmm a lower % chance with rare wood? strange you would thing it would be a higher %...

You can just buy the other wood at the npc.

Itsuki
Nov 13, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-11-12 20:19, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
hmmm a lower % chance with rare wood? strange you would thing it would be a higher %...

Except for the fact that I believe on all servers, kubara wood is cheaper than the ash/ebon you would normally need to use. XD

Ryoki
Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-11-12 20:19, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

No, since Kubara products are "altered" products, made by a person editing a Normal weapon. And none of us any idea what the hell we are doing when it comes to customizing a photon weapon. The wood is just rare so you can't make mass amounts of cool custom items. If you read the description, it says a piece of unknown wood. For all we know it could be made of cardboard.

BTW, this reminds me of how my friend "altered" a one-time use camera and made it into a tazer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-13 10:27 ]</font>
________
Crown (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Crown)

Grr
Nov 13, 2006, 05:49 PM
Wait a minute , 200k ? NO WAY. I feel so dumb ; ; a buddy of mine sold one to me for 23k , i tried it out and realized I Didnt like the one handed gun , so i sold it for 25 k ; ;. I feel a distant longing knowing someone is making like 100000 off me >.>