PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will be the least used advanced class?

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 13, 2006, 12:55 AM
Just curious.....and bored.......mostly bored.....

FenixStryk
Nov 13, 2006, 12:56 AM
Does this really need to be asked? Protranser, no doubt about it!

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
Well, you never know.

And no, this didn't need to be asked. Did that really need to be asked though?

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 13, 2006, 01:00 AM
lol, someone said figunner

Gamemako
Nov 13, 2006, 01:02 AM
Someone thought it would be funny to vote the class that will obviously comprise 50% of the population. Cute.

Seriously, this question doesn't need to be asked. The average player is a hunter, will never try using a ranger, let alone the force for the required 5 levels, and doesn't even know what a trap is. He runs around with a single dagger and a gun and goes Narutofag all day long.

Ruyo
Nov 13, 2006, 01:41 AM
Protranser, definitely...

I don't believe it could possibly suck that bad. It's just not possible... is it? So far I've finished the hardest portion of my Cast Protranser, Force.
I enjoy taking the perceived weak class and amazing the people I play with, such as my FOcast. Unless Protranser does truely suck terribly, I'll enjoy it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 02:47 AM
There's gotta be a reason why it's focused a lot on Traps..

Maybe the effects of a trap increase as they level? Like a spell, but AoE style.

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 13, 2006, 02:52 AM
There an explanation on trap damage over at psupedia.org.

At lvl 50 I think they do like 281 dmg for g traps.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 02:54 AM
281? Nanoblasts and SUVs do so much more, though.

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 13, 2006, 02:56 AM
I think the formula for g traps is 1.75 * clvl + 181

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 02:58 AM
Formulas are so complicated.

Mio
Nov 13, 2006, 03:01 AM
I vote protranser, of course

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 03:13 AM
I might go ProTransfer on my Cast, just for kicks.

RAcaseal, anyone? <3

Spectral
Nov 13, 2006, 03:53 AM
I did the 5, 5, 5 to have the ability to be a Protanser but frankly, from what charts I've seen, the class looks like an abomination with no real strengths on its own.

Maybe I'm wrong but... I think that class is going to be the bastard step child of PSU. It's such a shame too because I did 6 character levels as a FOcast and I have to tell you, it was the hardest gaming I think I've done for an extended period of time on any Phantasy Star game. You would think running 5 levels on every class would give you something incredibly cool for making the effort but it just doesn't look that way. Especially since techniques go out the door.

Yeah, level 30 skills and bullets seem like a big plus but without an S-Rank ability it seems like a really crappy thing to do to the hardest class to become.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 03:56 AM
Protranser.

3 votes into Figunner? Right. Anybody who has played story mode or extra mode can see that this will probably be THE most played class. Tornado Break will be a bane to all Forces trying to get XP. >.>

Ryogen
Nov 13, 2006, 04:38 AM
I'm not going to vote. Even though the stats and abilities of all classes are thrown around like hot potato, there will always be someone to prove you wrong in the end. I would rather experience it than deny it.

Kanore
Nov 13, 2006, 06:49 AM
Protranser.

Though, for some reason, I also think that it's going to be a very important class and everyone will start using it.

Just because that's always how the underdog works.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 07:37 AM
I agree with Garnet Moon, I'm suprised to see people voting for figh gunner as least use class, I thought everyone would jump on the double sabers.

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 07:47 AM
On 2006-11-13 00:56, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Protranser.

3 votes into Figunner? Right. Anybody who has played story mode or extra mode can see that this will probably be THE most played class. Tornado Break will be a bane to all Forces trying to get XP. >.>

tornado break is shit.

go gravity dance!

PJ
Nov 13, 2006, 07:56 AM
Wartecher or Protranser

EDIT: Why is Figunner the second highest on the list? Everyone and their mothers are gonna use it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-11-13 04:58 ]</font>

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 08:25 AM
huh according to stat charts on PSUpedia, protransers hve the highest crit rates at jlvl10 of 150% next highest is gun techer and foretegunnner with 130% all the others have 100%

also has the second highest HP modifier of 120 as opposed to the fortefighter and wartechers 130

Candor
Nov 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
On 2006-11-13 04:37, Shiroryuu wrote:
I agree with Garnet Moon, I'm suprised to see people voting for figh gunner as least use class, I thought everyone would jump on the double sabers.

it's a joke, i voted figunner just because it's so obvious what the real answer is.

Nayte
Nov 13, 2006, 09:59 AM
With this amazing source of information, I'm going to be a Protranser because I dont want pick a class that everyone else has chosen, therefore i will be super special. I dont like the class at all but as long as I'm the only one around, I dont care.
[/joke]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayte on 2006-11-13 07:00 ]</font>

Thrash777
Nov 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
The most popular are going to be FiGunners, Fortechers and Guntechers...

princejake2
Nov 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
I'm probably going to be a ForteFighter because I can't stand to stay FO or RA long enough to level my class.

realP
Nov 13, 2006, 11:16 AM
Fortefighter, Figunner, and Fortegunner are what I see as being the most commonly used advance classes. Protranser will be rare, but I am definately going for it. Protransers will be great support classes, but not a class that you would need more then one per team. Just look at their weapon selections; they are,almost , all weapons that hit multiple targets (including the traps). I can't wait, as they are the only class that can use a sword and a shotgun! Yeah, I know ... No S-ranks, but I'll live.

klunka
Nov 13, 2006, 12:03 PM
Do traps auto-effect like in PSO? Traps were never about damage, but if I can walk into a huge group and instantly freeze them all like my old HUcast did, then Protranser just might be a great class.

I'm also surprised Guntecher did not receive a single vote. I really thought it wouldn't be very popular

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klunka on 2006-11-13 09:05 ]</font>

Vorpal
Nov 13, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm surprised some people voted FiGunner and Fortecher.

I think only a select few will go ProTranser, and Guntecher being the second least used class.

Ruyo
Nov 13, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-11-12 23:56, BigKevSexyMan wrote:
I think the formula for g traps is 1.75 * clvl + 181

There's no way that can be right... That would be 356 damage at level 100... Forces do more than that at 20.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 13, 2006, 01:40 PM
War techers=meh. You want to be that hybrid crap, then go ahead. If I want a hybrid class, then I'll go with Ranger+Force because they get the best of both long ranged attacking.
PS: Huneys suck in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-13 10:57 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Nov 13, 2006, 02:12 PM
lol @ this poll. The answer should've been beyond obvious without even asking

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Protransfer could be getting amazing traps that no one could use, that could be from support to damage.

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 02:17 PM
there are two kinds of traps, one is a timed trap, which goes off after a cirtain amount of time, the other it a remote mine (denoted by the G in the name) which you set off yourself.

that reminds me, i need to change back to ranger to see how traps are

i don't think pro trans will be as bad as people thick, esp with the higher crit rate and second highest hp mod

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, i mean they have alot of chances to actually be better than any other class.

usmcbama
Nov 13, 2006, 02:22 PM
Red Mage. Definitely will be the least used class- even lower than Protranser.

All kidding aside, I will be one of the few, the proud, the underpowered! Protranser it is!

Kent
Nov 13, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:40, Sexy_Raine wrote:
War techers=meh. You want to be that hybrid crap, then go ahead. If I want a hybrid class, then I'll go with Ranger+Force because they get the best of both long ranged attacking.

So... Twin Handguns (for the most part) + Level 10-cap techniques, are the best of both forms of long-range attacking?

One could also argue that they want the "best" of both forms of long-range attacking, and go for Fortecher. Longbows, Fans, Rods, and Wands, then add in that they get level 30 cap for both Bullets and Techniques...

...And, of course, people could say similar things (not being completely correct, still), that Wartecher brings in the "best" of both forms of damage; elemental and physical.

...Anyway, why is Figunner even on the list? Nobody seriously thinks it will be the least-played. :/

Sexy_Raine
Nov 13, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:41, Kent wrote:

On 2006-11-13 10:40, Sexy_Raine wrote:

So... Twin Handguns (for the most part) + Level 10-cap techniques, are the best of both forms of long-range attacking?

One could also argue that they want the "best" of both forms of long-range attacking, and go for Fortecher. Longbows, Fans, Rods, and Wands, then add in that they get level 30 cap for both Bullets and Techniques...

...And, of course, people could say similar things (not being completely correct, still), that Wartecher brings in the "best" of both forms of damage; elemental and physical.

...Anyway, why is Figunner even on the list? Nobody seriously thinks it will be the least-played. :/

Fortechers get lv30 for bullets too? I did not know that.

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
yep, Fortechers are 30 bullets and techs....cause Longbows and Cards are seen as Force weapons, thus it's the only way to give 3rd form bullet arts to them.

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 03:15 PM
Honestly, the only reason I think people are not looking forward to Protransers is because that the only way you can get the most out of protransers are that if the rest of your party is on the same page with you. That means you have to have up to 5 other people to cooperate with you while you set up for each major fight. Given the Zerg rush mentality of 8 out of 10 people online right now...that's very unlikely.

However, a well organized party with people you know (and voice chat helps here as well) should mean that protransers really can shine and output superior overall utility vs other classes (based on DoTs over the course of the fight (Burn, Poison, Virus, etc.), high end CC options such as sleep or paralyze, and AoE type weapons loadout).

Protransers will be very desired in party missions (such as Bruce's) but in PuGs? Forget getting any max utility out of the class....people will just rush into a group of 12 mobs just as blindly as ever.

DoubleJG
Nov 13, 2006, 03:19 PM
I honestly don't know which will be the most unused class. They all seem unique in their own way. Originally I thought ForteTecher would be the most unused, but once FO's get all of their techs released then I won't be thinking that anymore. My vote went towards WarTecher simply because I rarely hear anyone state they'll be a WarTecher. Other than for soloing purposes (resta) I can't see why you'd want one (NOT saying they suck at all, yet I see ForteThis and Figunner that everywhere I turn, and no WarTecher).

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:19, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
(NOT saying they suck at all, yet I see ForteThis and Figunner that everywhere I turn, and no WarTecher).

Oh they're out there. Trust me, there used to be a flood of Wartecher questions on here weeks ago. It's just that people have run out of questions to ask and just moved on to the next class to squeeze out info on.

....except all of those double saber "M.Bison" clones out there.....they just miss Street Fighter and want some of that in their PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kei-Z
Nov 13, 2006, 05:23 PM
Does everyone honestly think the fighgunner will be the most popular? I'm thinkin' that it'll be the second or third most popular even. Sure, a lot of people here at PSOW will be using them, but for the general uninformed portion of PSU players, I'd imagine that many of them will be fortefighters. For one, there are millions of people playing the hunter class exclusively and fortefighter may be the only expert class available to them when the expert class update comes. Also, a lot of these people don't know much about the expert classes at all. And the bottom line is, a lot of people will just like seeing their atp rating so high, so they will immediately go with the strongest class. Don't get me wrong, fighgunner will be popular for sure, but PSOW only represents a portion of the entire user base. I'd be surprised if the fortefighter weren't the most popular advanced class.

Randomness
Nov 13, 2006, 05:25 PM
At least if you qualify for Protranser you qualify for all the hybrids.

Candor
Nov 13, 2006, 05:34 PM
building off of what Kei-Z said, and assuming you switch to an expert class the same way you do for the basic classes. the most popular class will therefore be the humble hunter.

Scallop
Nov 13, 2006, 05:35 PM
Not too sure yet, but i know everybody is gonna jump the figunner bandwagon.

Gamemako
Nov 13, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:09, AngelLight wrote:
yep, Fortechers are 30 bullets and techs....cause Longbows and Cards are seen as Force weapons, thus it's the only way to give 3rd form bullet arts to them.

Hahaha, since when? Cards and Longbows can both be used by Guntechers who have level 30 bullets. Fortetechers get level 10 bullets, chief.

Mikaga
Nov 13, 2006, 08:13 PM
Indeed, if PSUPedia revisions as of... last week? are true, then Fortechers indeed only get level 10 bullets.

Removing the joke Figunner votes, it's becoming pretty clear that the only undesired jobs are Protranser and Wartecher, and the former has hopes for being surprisingly good, balanced, versatile, etc.

I still can't get over the fact that Wartechers are the only expert class to have both no level 30 photon arts and S-Ranks that aren't exclusive to them (thus - like Protranser - no weapon in the game only they can use). I do believe that while hybrids are meant to be mixes, there should be something unique about every class, and worry that the lack of anything unique will hurt the Wartecher's popularity.

AngelLight
Nov 14, 2006, 08:37 AM
On 2006-11-13 17:00, Gamemako wrote:

Hahaha, since when? Cards and Longbows can both be used by Guntechers who have level 30 bullets. Fortetechers get level 10 bullets, chief.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsuimasen.sakura.ne.jp%2Faaaph p%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

It's posted on the PSU JP Wiki site, boss.

I noticed the change on PSUpedia just now...but they seem to change their data all the time (still working out the kinks, plus keep in mind that while some of them do play JP, for the most part the data is supposed to be on the US side of things of which there are no expert classes yet). I have the highest of respect for most of the PSUpedia staff, but in cases where there seems to be a dispute, I would tend to believe the Japanese sites over the American ones just because the game has been out longer there.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-11-14 05:37, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-11-13 17:00, Gamemako wrote:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsuimasen.sakura.ne.jp%2Faaaph p%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

It's posted on the PSU JP Wiki site, boss.

I noticed the change on PSUpedia just now...but they seem to change their data all the time (still working out the kinks, plus keep in mind that while some of them do play JP, for the most part the data is supposed to be on the US side of things of which there are no expert classes yet). I have the highest of respect for most of the PSUpedia staff, but in cases where there seems to be a dispute, I would tend to believe the Japanese sites over the American ones just because the game has been out longer there.

It makes sense since rangers can't use bows,who else can use them at lv30?

And LOL, I can't believe someone voted fortecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-14 08:01 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:01 AM
To answer the question I really don't know. But there is the fact that protransers have some common bits to figunners (in the sense of weaponry) and there is still so much to be unlocked... can't say...

Witchblade56
Nov 14, 2006, 11:20 AM
Firstly all I've really seen are the common weapons. So the standard is still unknown as far as all weapons available to each class.

I'ts nice to discuss issues that are known but i will be looking forward to anything that gets released in game as there is still alot to this game that isnt entirely there

etlitch
Nov 14, 2006, 11:38 AM
It's their stats. Protransers and wartechers stats just simply.. does'nt cut it. Not even at higher job levels compared to the other classes.

Cross
Nov 14, 2006, 11:43 AM
On 2006-11-14 05:37, AngelLight wrote:I noticed the change on PSUpedia just now...but they seem to change their data all the time (still working out the kinks, plus keep in mind that while some of them do play JP, for the most part the data is supposed to be on the US side of things of which there are no expert classes yet). I have the highest of respect for most of the PSUpedia staff, but in cases where there seems to be a dispute, I would tend to believe the Japanese sites over the American ones just because the game has been out longer there.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust PSUPedia for information on anything that isn't already in the US version of the game. I have nothing but the most utmost respect for the actual site itself and the people who run it, because it's a great idea and potentially an awesome resource, but there are far too many morons editing it. People edit information on Expert Classes based on what they feel "sounds about right" or with baseless speculation, regardless of whether or not it flies in the face of all the real information from the JP version of the game or the JP wiki.

I have to say though, part of me does get a kick out of people trying to act all smart and snarky by bringing up information from PSUPedia when it's completely dead wrong.

On topic, apart from the obvious Protranser choice, I'd have to guess Fortegunner or Guntechter.

It's not going to be Fortefighters, because as mentioned, tons of people have only leveled Hunter and will only have that available. It won't be Figunner because of the Sephiroth factor. It won't be Fortechter because they're the only ones who can max Techniques. That leaves Wartechter, Guntechter, Fortegunner. I can't see Wartechter being the least-used, because it's more or less the strongest solo class, even though its group utility is comparatively low, and because it's part Hunter, and thus is automatically ensured a fairly large playerbase. It's a tossup between Fortegunners and Guntechters.
On the one hand, a lot of Rangers are Casts, and most likely won't want to bother raising Force high enough to be Guntechter since playing Cast Force is pretty painful, and I imagine most people won't really see the point in using weaker versions of techs than a regular Force when they could just go full Ranger. On the other hand, Guntechters are the ones with S-Rank Twin Handguns, and those have some pretty major fanboyage too, almost like Double Sabers. But then Figunner is already the fanboy class, and they can use Twin Handguns anyway. If I had to pick one, I'd say Guntechter.

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
Just go for what you feel like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It ,makes things simpler http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AngelLight
Nov 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
I find that interesting you say that Cross about Guntechers....in another thread about effective jobs a single character could run at one time, I was thinking a natural tie in would be Fortetechers, Fortegunners, and Guntechers. I might run this personally, and while in no way to I represent the average player (by a long margin I've seen), I kind of figured that this would still be done by others and thus there would be a fair guntecher population. Still, its tough to say and really the hardest class to set up is usually the smallest pop online, which would naturally be protransers...though I've been seeing alot of chatter on here about everyone's disinterest in Wartechers (or maybe ppl just like to complain about something I'm not sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Xiber
Nov 14, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-11-13 06:59, Nayte wrote:
With this amazing source of information, I'm going to be a Protranser because I dont want pick a class that everyone else has chosen, therefore i will be super special. I dont like the class at all but as long as I'm the only one around, I dont care.
[/joke]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayte on 2006-11-13 07:00 ]</font>

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/DeusCasus/unique.jpg
enough said

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:58 AM
lol

Katrina
Nov 14, 2006, 12:32 PM
Meh, I'm going Wartecher, although I'm not suprised many ppl are put off a bit by the class. But for me, it's a perfect fit.

I'm a Hum Female, no nanoblast, or SUV love for me. I'm not a Newman, so I'll never compete with Newmie techers. Strike one, and strike 2 i guess?

I do love twin daggers, and the PA, although I'll be missing out on lvl 30 PA's (strike 3?). What would I bring to a party? (besides music and alcohol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ) Melee? naw, kinda outclasses by the fortefighters / figunners. Tech dmg? Naw, outclasses by the newmie wartechers / fortechers. Ranged? Naw, outclassed again...

So why am I playing a human female with no SUV / nano, and a not 'tops at anything' class?

Human's my fave race, I'm female, I love twin daggers, crea twins, fans, and techs. For me, that's all the reason I needed. If that gets me booted from power gamer groups from time to time, or labeled ineffective, no biggie, I can live with it.

(Play what you enjoy, that goes for you Protranser's too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )