PDA

View Full Version : My experience as a FOcast

FenixStryk
Nov 13, 2006, 01:10 AM
Don't even bother using attack magic. At all. Never. Never-ever-ever! EVER!

Lv. 39 and I maxed out my Ranger, so I switched to Force (necessary for Guntecher), then bought 2 Slyrods, Resta, Reverser, Diga, Radiga, Barta, and Rabarta. I also have the 4* bow I fcound, Rikalbari (sp?) and Reisei-sou (Ice Bullet).

My Diga does about 250 per cast on a Vahra. It moves really slow and is hard to aim, and you're stuck in the castng animation for a good second and a half. This is your STRONGEST spell. The other ones are NOT any better.

My 4* bow does 140 damage per shot on Vahras. IT also keeps you stuck in an animation for firing, but once it fires, it hits almost instantaneously. It also fires about twice as fast as Diga and is easier to use.

End result? I spent 4k on useless attack techniques and 6k on an extra, unnecessary Slyrod. AND I'm stuck with 4 useless Phton Arts that will piss me off for no rational reason.

Here's a tip for all you FOcasts-to-be who have to suck it up for a few levels to get your advanced class: Buy about 3 bows and different PAs for them, and only buy one wand for Resta/Reverser (paired with a Handgun). Now you get elemental versatility AND more damage.

RussInDaHill
Nov 13, 2006, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the Tip...I am planning on being a Guntecher also....

EJ
Nov 13, 2006, 01:20 AM
The focasts I play with do fine with their RA techs and they don't complain much except for the slow pp regene rate.

T2
Nov 13, 2006, 01:45 AM
I am closing to maxing out my force at lvl 10...

and yes offensive spells... well suck.

at lvl 44 and Diga at lvl 12 I am doing 280 -300 with it....

But I am a pretty effective healer.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 02:00 AM
Eh, I think you're wrong, spent a lot of time as beast FOs which are BARELY ANY BETTER and did good damage with techs. I've also seen a FOcast using nothing but Diga in the road to Guntecher, and still using it AS guntecher.

Though yeah, you SHOULD be raising the bows. From what I see they are better than rifles on a guntecher.

You really want to max out Diga though. There are plasma based, melee resistant robots coming up which are an absolute pain in the arse, and on jp I ALWAYS bust out the Diga on them on my beast wartecher.

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 05:00 AM
I went force with beast, mabey because I stacked the odds but I disagree with shima. I used 4star rods(could have been the problem there) and my techs were horrible but I went to bows for damage/soloing. As a beast at 40+ish I was just barely able to equip the 4star bow with no shot of using the 5 star baybari anytime soon. So I used a 3 star bow and grinded to baybari status(4-6 grinds on each bow) and my damage was a nice 200-300ish. The damage was also using ice and fire arrows respectively on the mobs in neudez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoruichi on 2006-11-13 02:01 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 13, 2006, 05:05 AM
FOcaseal, still using ra-spells to deal status effect. I also find them pretty easy to aim and use em for tagging.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 05:09 AM
Were you using, and more importantly, this is key, were you LEVELLING DIGA?

Also you lot really do care too much about numbers, if you are getting conniptions over sub 200 numbers and calling it "horrible" at non-expert class, that's pretty lol.

You really shouldn't be levelling too many ranged weapons on beasts. That's a waste of a PA. You could be spending time on levelling a tech or melee based PA. When you get to S rank areas you'll see that you won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn.

If you want to be a pure ranger beast then sure, it'll even out (I still think it's a waste), but a merged or non pure ranger class? That's really going to show.

You need diga. And for Wartecher? You need, NEED diga lvl 20. Start levelling it, despite the fact that right now it does less damage than a bow.

This advice goes to beast part-FOs, because casts ARE handy with ranged weapons. Naturally.

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 05:16 AM
That is also a factor against me, no diaga is only at 5 or so, another thing thoughI was using the head part to boost tech even if its by a small amount.

Only ranged I leveled as my beast was pistol and 2 capped bow skills fire and ice(think I started lighting or ground) I just liked the bow style over rifles and wartecher could use it. All my melee is capped cept twin sabers (didn't like the style). I really dread going back force though >< but if I'm not soloing for money hunter isn't really needed and I could take time to raise up diaga and get better comparasin results.