PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Armor and a Slot, or new Weapons?

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 03:51 AM
Please use the poll, or list suggestions. =)

Grr
Nov 13, 2006, 04:12 AM
Depends on level. I bought a Mega line + SUV (Grom) Right at 20 with all the money i saved up(had a few 2k rifles/dualies and a spear as far as EQ) and every mission from lvl 15 to 20(lots of dragon) went into funding the armor + perpa power +Grom Buster. I have not updated my armor since (lvl 42 Cast ranger , and it still works just fine on almost everything, plus theres the whole "getting ripped off horribly" if you want to buy those armors (5*+) before NPC offers them.

EDIT: also class is a factor , For a Cast/Beast , extra slot armor is a must at somepoint (who wants to miss out on a selling point of the class?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-11-13 01:14 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 04:15 AM
Weapons first. Help us kill faster and the S-Rank'd reward will add up over time to help you buy armor.

This also has a second use: The cheaper your armor, the higher level every Forces' Resta will be after they finish partying with you. Please remember that before you try to say Armor > Weapons when it comes to upgrading.

If you're not a CAST, then armor with an Extra slot is useful. I get 15 HP a tick at lv50, and that keeps me pretty much tapped off with how well I can side step things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 01:16 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 04:35 AM
Maybe this'll help.

I'm a lvl 25 HUmar.

rena-ko
Nov 13, 2006, 04:39 AM
the decision is easy: wanna do more damage or take less damage.
then again, a power-slotunit will add to your damage too, so i'd go with the armor+perpa/power first.

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 04:43 AM
armor doesnt help much compared to a nice customized weapon, unless your a cast without an extra capable B grade armor. YOu can slack off and get a weapon, even have someone craft you customized armor for cheap. Busterline is cheap the formula is normally free(common drop) and not only is the affinity customizable it has all the needed slots for a hunter/force/ranger(body for extra defense, arms for more damage/accuracy, and head slot for more tech damage/resistance). The stats compared to the good armor is lower because of that extra slot though, not enough in my opinion to warrant excessive money spending with your budget.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 04:48 AM
Hmm.. I've been wanting new armor, but then Yoruichi DOES know her stuff..

This is troublesome.

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 04:54 AM
what are you wearing now and what affinity?

your gonna end up getting 1 fire set, one ice set(preferably with a headslot for extra ment to stop freezing), most other elements are easier to avoid or not active in the game. One that comes to mind is darkness last boss in LL and if you take the other final path in neudaz instead of robot that guy switches between 6ish spells one of each element one is a darkness lifetap.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 05:18 AM
I'm wearing a simple Brandeline. I think.. probably ice defense, but I don't remember.

As for my weapons.. An Ice Lance +1, a Dark Saber, and a simple Autogun (no elemental bullets).

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
heh as a hunter you should prob fill your pallet first unless you like to swing you should still get weapons of all elements. Its morely dependent on the element for what weapon to make for it, some weapons are better boss killers and some are better minion killers and some are just average all arounders. As for armor I'd get some cheap busterline unless you wanna drop 18k on a knight add on then you wanna get some B grade armor with arm slot which is even more money.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 05:54 AM
I was thinking Megaline, and then getting some slot that boosted my ATP by a lot.

As far as WPNs, I still need a Halbert.

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 05:59 AM
megaline has arm and extra good for solo beast and cast for the extra solo, I crafted mine wasn't all to thrilled to go and get the hp regen item so i passed it to my cast. If you actually have the money to get both get the armor and slot.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 06:22 AM
HP Regen, or the Power?

Yoruichi
Nov 13, 2006, 06:46 AM
I don't like the regen, i find enough healing items on my money missions. On harder missions its to much damage to be healed back anyway, you prob have to leave out ot refile your helpers if you don't have a healing mag or a healer yourself.

-Ryuki-
Nov 13, 2006, 06:57 AM
I'm aiming for a RA Mag, so I guess my equipment is on hold. Thank you though, Yoru-chan~

Mystil
Nov 13, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-11-13 02:36, Yoruichi wrote:
heh as a hunter you should prob fill your pallet first unless you like to swing you should still get weapons of all elements.

I want to emphasis this point. Get weapons of every element, hell even if it's just photon. I got a little problem with my weapons. I can't really do a damn thing in relics cause the only useful weapon is ice(or fire, I can't remember off hand) and it only works well against those lizard things. My other weapons are fire and light -.-. Too many mobs are resistant to fire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-13 06:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-13 06:30 ]</font>