PDA

View Full Version : FiGunners... why would you want one?

Thrash777
Nov 13, 2006, 10:20 AM
IF you are/were going to chose to have a FiGunner, what is your reason for choosing it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2006-11-13 07:26 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:24 AM
Hmm... I dunno, maybe... DOUBLE SABER!!!

I'd assume half the people who were going to go Fortefighter changed to Figunner just for that weapon.

Sychosis
Nov 13, 2006, 10:24 AM
I don't plan on having a FiGunner. But going through story mode, I can safely say Double Sabers are the only draw for me. Flying around all over the place and blowing baddies in every which direction is certainly fun, albeit counter-productive.

BurningRage
Nov 13, 2006, 10:27 AM
I'm more interested in having level 30 skills and level 20 bullets, double sabers are just a bonus.

Minneyar
Nov 13, 2006, 10:31 AM
While I think the double saber's skill is fantastic, the normal combo animation is too slow for my liking, so it's really only a secondary draw to me.

Personally, I'm interested in them because of their high HP & ATP, as well as the fact that they have higher ATA than other varieties of hunters (I'm a beast). They also get S-Ranks in most of my other favorite weapons (dagger, twin dagger, twin saber), and A ranks in the other types I like (spear, claw). Being able to use crossbows is even better. The bonus they get to PP regen is also awesome. I'd want to play the class even if they didn't get double sabers at all.

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 10:31 AM
i'm more interested in the fact that when i fight i like moving in and out of melee range, being able to switch to twin handguns, and offhanding a mechgun for some quick SE's on mobs.

i won't really bother with a double saber until gravity dance comes out

Keiya
Nov 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
Now what I'm wondering if we'll end up getting Lou's or Ethan's PA. I noticed that some of the Offline PAs are COMPLETELY different than the online ones.

Katachi
Nov 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
On 2006-11-13 07:27, BurningRage wrote:
I'm more interested in having level 30 skills and level 20 bullets, double sabers are just a bonus.

Agreed. Figunner gets some very nice S rank striking weapons AND mech guns and twin handguns. Who needs a double saber when you'll have Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Knuckles, a good Handgun, Mechguns, and Twin Handguns?

Deerlay
Nov 13, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-11-13 07:45, Katachi wrote:

Agreed. Figunner gets some very nice S rank striking weapons AND mech guns and twin handguns. Who needs a double saber when you'll have Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Knuckles, a good Handgun, Mechguns, and Twin Handguns?

Me ?

Seriously yeah the double saber is damn good, but ... hmm no there is no other reason thats for the ***** double saber and that's all (with a PA lvl 30 it's good yum).

Mio
Nov 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
Will be forte fighter! Go Spear Go!

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 13, 2006, 11:02 AM
i seriously debated whether to go fortefighter or Fighgunner due to the types of weapons used. I like the Fast weapons, i means S rank in mostly all the quick melee weapons is nice with the ability of ranged to add to it.

Caukin
Nov 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
Im going really for the S-rank Twin Daggers and the 30 photon skills.

Nietzsche
Nov 13, 2006, 11:17 AM
S-rank Twin daggers, enough said....

Arieta
Nov 13, 2006, 11:37 AM
Lots of reasons myself.

1. I like the double saber. I tried it out in single player and both PA's that is has are just plain awesome.

2. I really like twin weapons for their speed and PA's. Figunner gets S's in all of them, and all the weapons that Fortefighter gets are just way to slow. Or I'm not a fan of them (other then spear)

3. Being able to mix up Melee with ranged will be pretty nice. There's some places where I rather not melee and just fall back to ranged and I can do that a lot better with Figunner.

4. I'm a beast and the ATA boost that Figunner gets will also be nice. Not that I miss that much as it is, but any more ATA is always nice.

Personally I might just switch between the two main melee classes as I see fit. Who knows, I might find myself liking Axe's more. That's if and only IF Axe's suit me. So far they just look swords but with double the power to them.

Pontifus
Nov 13, 2006, 11:47 AM
The spear is probably my favorite weapon, but double saber is a close second. I just like the hunter/ranger hybrid. Odds are I'll spend time leveling fortefighter, fortegunner, and figunner to keep things interesting.

Oyako
Nov 13, 2006, 12:03 PM
On 2006-11-13 07:45, Katachi wrote:

Huzzah! QFT

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
I've tried Double Sabers, and that is the only reason i'm making a CAST Figunner.

Flunky
Nov 13, 2006, 12:45 PM
I've tried double sabers in story mode, and, well... I don't think I'll bother trying them online.

I found the animation for the basic attack very awkward, showy and silly. The first PA was kinda nice, but not exactly a 'team-player' PA, seeing as how it knocks the enemies around like pinballs.

No, my cast is going figunner because of both the nice melee assortment linked with wonderful wonderful dual pistols, crossbows, and machineguns. I'm a big fan of the gun-blade combo, and getting that many more options as well as decent 2-hander blades and guns is very nice.

Ryoki
Nov 13, 2006, 01:02 PM
my answer isnt on there. I want one to use S rank Sabers and Twin Daggers. I could care less about the DS. Also, level 20 bullets+level 30 PA sounds cool.

________
Angelina jolie nude (http://www.angelinajoliepics.com/)

Cry0
Nov 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
they hv double handguns and double sabers (i don't mean twins). coolestest pa evar!

twins r a bonus.

Nietzsche
Nov 13, 2006, 01:14 PM
actually i decided on figunner before i found out they got double saber, i just like the faster weapons, and like that they'll be somewhat good with ranged, also the evasion boost will be nice, i seriously think anyone who chooses this class JUST for the double saber will be a disgrace to it

Cry0
Nov 13, 2006, 01:53 PM
yup. although i will be whoring the twin pa (at some times, depends ont he group, really), i still have my ultimate goal set on my figunner not using twins in the end.

Mazoku
Nov 13, 2006, 01:56 PM
While I do like double sabers the main draw for me is S ranked twin daggers. I'm just not big on the bulky slow weapons that fortefighter gets.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 01:56 PM
Hahaha I just do not see what is so freaking fantastic about the double saber.

I mean everyone was nuts about them in PSO (why?) and now this quite commonly used, but not to the point of OVERKILL class on the jp servers will be the only fucking class on US. It's nuts. Jesus fucking CHRIST am I glad I kept my figunner to JP. Oh and I raised him because of all the hybrid classes, it has the most potetial in the hands of one class, the cast. I raised my 10 Hunter (because that's what I raised it to) and 6 Ranger (ditto) not knowing dick about the double saber, because we didn't have the info. I just wanted to shoot annoying shit out of the sky and then tackle it.

Hahaha.... what the christ, kids and their double sabers.

Mikaga
Nov 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
Has anyone mentioned the +40% PP regeneration rate on melee weapons? Fastest weapon PP regeneration rate in the game, though Forte-classes do get -20% PP use to compensate for only having +25% PP regeneration on one weapon type.

Honestly, the exclusivity to their own weapon, the exclusivity to S-Rank Sabers (normal and twin), the otherwise pleasing weapon choice, the +40% PP regen on melee, the +25% regen on ranged, and the level 30 skills are all very nice reasons to use a Fighgunner. Singling out the weapon they get as "the only reason" isn't doing the class much justice.

Nietzsche
Nov 13, 2006, 02:12 PM
+40% regeneration.......wow
see i'm seeing that combined with S rank Twin Daggers (or any weapon for that matter) as a nasty combo

Witchblade56
Nov 13, 2006, 03:13 PM
I'm thinkin of doing figunner on two characters; and as a side question do any of you know when/if shifta deband will be released for forces? and for that matter if there will be jellen/zalure. Seems that would be just as integral to the effectiveness of any RA/HU class let alone the starting jobs.

Properly debuffing the mobs so that they can die faster and decrease their overall DoT done to our melee is also a point. Anyways news would be welcome.

Otaku
Nov 13, 2006, 03:15 PM
Double sabers the cream of the crop i think ^_^

etlitch
Nov 13, 2006, 03:16 PM
Mechgun + almost hunter ish atp = bursts of overpower.

Candor
Nov 13, 2006, 03:27 PM
i like melee but i also want the option to have some range, figunner is perfect for me. It's like my HUcaseal in PSO.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 13, 2006, 03:36 PM
S-rank twin daggers. 20 bullet skills.

jarek99
Nov 13, 2006, 03:55 PM
I cant think of a reason not to be a figunner.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 04:21 PM
your choices suck. i'm picking it for s rank twin sabers, the double sabers are just a bonus.

AndrewLD16
Nov 13, 2006, 04:25 PM
Double Sabers

Stixx
Nov 13, 2006, 04:38 PM
In PSO my hunter used mechguns almost exclusively. I guess my draw to Figunner is natural.

Kalier
Nov 13, 2006, 04:42 PM
if i play figunner for any reason, it'll be for the stats. Double Sabers are overrated. while i do like the Spiral Dance PA(the non buyable one in offline), i still prefer 1h claws over them, which is why i prolly won't play figunner.

Alkncas
Nov 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
For me it's about switiching between frontlines and back-but-in-front-of-the-casters line. Also I've wanted to be using Guns and Claws and Figunners are the only "gunners" that even have access to claws. Acording what I've been reading at least.

Scallop
Nov 13, 2006, 05:07 PM
They get too much. It should of been lv 20 pa or not be able to use 4-5 hunter weapons.

Vergil_Sparda
Nov 13, 2006, 05:09 PM
Jeez if that many people are going to be a Figunner, then I might choose to be a Fortefighter. I like being different from the crowd, dont ask me why I just hate being like everyone else.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 05:10 PM
well, they get exclusive access to s rank [twin] sabers and double sabers. if fortefighters had [s rank] access to these three as well as twin daggers, then it would be fair to give them level 20 skills. it wouldn't be fair if a class has exclusive access to an [s rank] weapon and at the same time, not have level 30 pas to that weapon's respective category.

SonicTMP
Nov 13, 2006, 05:18 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:56, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Hahaha I just do not see what is so freaking fantastic about the double saber.

I mean everyone was nuts about them in PSO (why?) and now this quite commonly used, but not to the point of OVERKILL class on the jp servers will be the only fucking class on US. It's nuts. Jesus fucking CHRIST am I glad I kept my figunner to JP. Oh and I raised him because of all the hybrid classes, it has the most potetial in the hands of one class, the cast. I raised my 10 Hunter (because that's what I raised it to) and 6 Ranger (ditto) not knowing dick about the double saber, because we didn't have the info. I just wanted to shoot annoying shit out of the sky and then tackle it.

Hahaha.... what the christ, kids and their double sabers.

So its wrong for a bunch of people to have a favorite weapon and want to use it? It can't be such a simple reason, it has to be something so radically complex to be valid?

Maskim
Nov 13, 2006, 05:23 PM
Going to be Figunner because they get my 3 favorite weapons, Twin Sabers, Swords, and twin handguns. Lots of people dig the doublesabers, and that's cool, however, personally the only doublesabers I really cared for in PSO were the ones that looked more like staves than the Darth Maul-esque weapons that seem most hunters would be armless by the end of their combos with.

Thrash777
Nov 13, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm going to have a figunner, but it's not going to be my main class, just an on-the-side sorta thing...

Dragnorok
Nov 13, 2006, 08:25 PM
The reason why i want to be a Figunner would be for the WoW rogue like stats. I prefer accuracy over power and evasion over defense and meelee weapons over ranged (and the photon art for the double saber looks incredibly fun to use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragnorok on 2006-11-13 17:26 ]</font>

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the ATA and PP regen are a very nice part!

RyuKisargi
Nov 14, 2006, 07:15 AM
I plan on maxing Figunner AND Fortefighter.

I like the idea of having both an A-rank Saber and a A-rank shotgun.

BANG BANG SLASH.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 14, 2006, 07:15 AM
I saw that the PP regen in a Figh Gunner for melee weapons is higher than that of a Fortefighter, if so, it just makes me want to be one even more.

Arieta
Nov 14, 2006, 07:45 AM
They have higher Melee regen yes, 40% I believe. I do believe that Fortefighter gets -25% cost to using their PA's though. So while we might regen faster, it would cost them less to use the PA in the first place.

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 07:51 AM
all the forte classes have 80% PP useage on their respective weapons, as well as +25% PP regen

Crystalis_Rik
Nov 14, 2006, 07:25 PM
I was orginally set on figunner because of the fast weapons, high ATP + high ATA + ranged capabilities, and that's awesome. However, I prefer the HP, ATP, DEF, and the weapons of the fortefighter. I really like using swords and spears over daggers and sabers, and I really want to find out what axes are like(I heard they were slow, but powerful).

VanHalen
Nov 14, 2006, 07:31 PM
well really i want a saber/machinegun combo since i like the new machineguns. doublesabers is another thing to pull me in i just dont like the fact they dont have rifles they seem more fightish the gunish(though i like swords better anyway it would be nice to have a rifle)

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Figunners have a lot of things going for them... but still, no techs, thus a force is preferable in a party

Alisha
Nov 14, 2006, 08:50 PM
i would want it mainly for s-rank twin sabers. if you've ever seen em offline twin headed ragnus looks excellent and assault crush dominates. double sabers are pretty pathetic spiral dance is kinda weak and tornado dance is B-R-O-K-E-N

Zabot
Nov 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
everyone is doing it for the double sabre, im going for regular saber and the single handed claw. along with a powerful gunb.

Asra
Nov 16, 2006, 09:18 AM
i go figunner because i like agile fighters and because of the S rank in Sabers and Twin sabers... my favorite weapons in the game.

honestly...i dont like double sabers and wont use them much or any

Kenshin_
Nov 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'll go for figunner for the boost in ATA (I'm a beast) and the PP regen mainly. I do not use ranged weapon, but I love the S rank twin dagger and twin saber. I don't like double saber look or PA, but it's not bad to use them as a bonus!

Mwabwetumba
Nov 16, 2006, 10:20 AM
Im a great fan of the double saber and plan to make a FiGunner for it.
Hey, I can still use every other melee weapon except for the axe, so its not like Im ONLY going to use the double saber...

I think the PAs look amazing..

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 16, 2006, 10:26 AM
On 2006-11-14 16:31, VanHalen wrote:
well really i want a saber/machinegun combo since i like the new machineguns. doublesabers is another thing to pull me in i just dont like the fact they dont have rifles they seem more fightish the gunish(though i like swords better anyway it would be nice to have a rifle)

I thought u wanted to go Newman Fortefighter and piss off all of those elitists.

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
Double Sabers were a boring weapon in PSO not to mention it pissed everyone else off. I could never take out my BKB/Twin Brand without someone barking at me.

PSU double saber is going to have the same affect on players http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

While I do like double sabers the main draw for me is S ranked twin daggers. I'm just not big on the bulky slow weapons that fortefighter gets.
Fortefighter don't mean = Great Sword/Axe only. It gets S rank spear. S rank spear

S rank spear.
S rank spear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-16 08:28 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 16, 2006, 11:29 AM
I can see that a spammage of double saber PAs will leave people annoyed and such, yes, but I for one actually LIKE THE WEAPON ITSELF, yes, including its normal attack string, and every one of the PAs.
Especially that third one which I saw in a recent YouTube video.. just WoW!

I will bring good light to the double saber, dont you worry.. Im always fair in online games, I just cannot enjoy myself if the rest of the team is not..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-16 08:31 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
I love being a Ranger. The spear is a great weapon and is often not reconized, but it has a pontential higher than other weapons. Hitting every target point. Dagger and Pistol. Rifle's and twin pistols. It's a great combo if you like the two. People say that we won't be able to use S weapons but we can grind a A to be higher than an S so it's not a big deal.

Polenicus
Nov 16, 2006, 12:09 PM
Initially, I wanted Figunner for one reason: Doublesabers. I was all about the doublesabers in PSO. I had everything from the stock Doublesaber up to the Doublecannon (Though for style reasons I usually used a lightning partisan, which I had found myself rather than traded for. Before that I used my S-rank twin).

However, after playing Hunter, and using Twin Sabers (My second choice), I've fallen in love with them as well. GREAT crowd control!

Then I switched to Ranger to level that a while. Shotgun? Meh. Rifle? Okay I guess. Twin Handguns? WHEEE!!!

Well, guess what?

Gonna have a LOT of fun with Figunner!

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 12:20 PM
All the ones who say they'll play it differently will only later be overcome by the urge to go double saber full time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pengfishh
Nov 16, 2006, 01:40 PM
I love single daggers with the handgun, so this class is a natural choice for me. I'll also probably have Hunter 10 by the time Expert Classes roll around, so I could always bounce between Figunner and Fortefighter.

But yeah, the S Rank single daggers is why I chose Figunner.

Zalana
Nov 16, 2006, 01:44 PM
Probably not.

Vergil_Sparda
Nov 16, 2006, 01:55 PM
Axes>>>Double Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Throws up Flame Shield*

AkiraXxx
Nov 16, 2006, 01:58 PM
I would have liked to do it for the double sabers, but now looking at it, I rather clobber things with an S ranked axe.

Jasam
Nov 16, 2006, 02:31 PM
lets see theres other ways to look at this
axe/double saber
"strong" s rank wep set/"quick" s rank set
Stronger attacking ability/use of guns
PP reduction-regeneration/bigger regenertaion

Figunner however doesn't really have enough ranger aspect to it (4 types of ranged weapon at A rank) to make it enything other then a meele class imo ^-^

Thrash777
Nov 16, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-11-16 11:31, Jasam wrote:
Figunner however doesn't really have enough ranger aspect to it (4 types of ranged weapon at A rank) to make it enything other then a meele class imo ^-^

Yeah, thats what I think... they should of at least included Rifles...

EnixBelmont
Nov 16, 2006, 03:54 PM
I'm undecided between Fortefighter and figunner. I have Hunter at 10 already and I'm working on rnager. I'm probably gonna wait and see how much higher attack fortefighter has. I mean, will Fortefighter do the same damage as a Figunner using S rank Double daggers just using A rank ones? Since double daggers have low attack anyway, and fortefighter has way better attack.(or at least a little better)

Double sabers look stupid now. Like a glowing Q tip. The Dive PA is great in solo, but sends enemies flying and will probably make other hunters hate you. The kick one is badass, but isnt really that practicaL The third one, the spin without leaving the ground, migfht actually be good, it looks like it. Its the only one I havent used though. Either ay, Double sabers dont make a difference to me. Its the S rank twin daggers that get me...

Spears, Double daggers, and Twin claws are my favorite, then fists and single daggers and claws after that. So Probabkly fortefighter, but who knows.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 04:21 PM
Figunner doesnt have 40% pp melee regen i thougth that was a typo

Anyway screw double sabers if you simply want it for that spinning PA, it will make your groups less efficent and well in solo i have my PM healing me so i dont need to knock everything in diffrent directions i dont need to, it simply wastes my time

Btw hunters hav tons of weapons that arent slow weapons, Spears are not slow have you ever even used dus daggas? its the same speed as any of those fast weapons and does twice the damage almost, 1hand claws arent slow, knuckles arent slow sabers arent slow etc etc

Fortefighters arent about being slow, they are about just hiting hard and having high hp, but being able to do nothing else like shoot de ragan or heal your party

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-16 13:36 ]</font>

Thrash777
Nov 16, 2006, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking of a fortefighter, but you need to have reasonable ATA, otherwise it's pointless...

DonRoyale
Nov 16, 2006, 06:22 PM
The three best S-Ranks, duh. >>

Alisha
Nov 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-11-16 12:54, EnixBelmont wrote:
I'm undecided between Fortefighter and figunner. I have Hunter at 10 already and I'm working on rnager. I'm probably gonna wait and see how much higher attack fortefighter has. I mean, will Fortefighter do the same damage as a Figunner using S rank Double daggers just using A rank ones? Since double daggers have low attack anyway, and fortefighter has way better attack.(or at least a little better)

Double sabers look stupid now. Like a glowing Q tip. The Dive PA is great in solo, but sends enemies flying and will probably make other hunters hate you. The kick one is badass, but isnt really that practicaL The third one, the spin without leaving the ground, migfht actually be good, it looks like it. Its the only one I havent used though. Either ay, Double sabers dont make a difference to me. Its the S rank twin daggers that get me...

Spears, Double daggers, and Twin claws are my favorite, then fists and single daggers and claws after that. So Probabkly fortefighter, but who knows.

the kick one "spiral dance" is very practical if used correctly because the first part of it sweeps enemies and causes them to fall down just follow it up with normal attacks instead of the second string of the pa. right now i think beasts will be great fighgunners and casts will be better fortehunters.