PDA

View Full Version : This hurts.

nefarious
Nov 13, 2006, 12:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Nefarious_Lover/Moron-1.jpg

First) It was a dumb decision, because if anyone wants to really "hack" or cheat... windowed or unwindowed isn't going to stop them.

Second) Running windowed and giving gamers things they WANT is a GOOD thing. Please die now, ok?

I had to make an account just to tell this person how dumb they were.

I've been playing FFXI on PC for over two years now. The fact that they try to force you into fullscreen is Dumb. D U M B. Dumb.

For the record...

Players who make poor choices and cheat, and Sega not working hard enough to stop them... Are what will hurt the game in the long run... Not the fact that you can run windowed.

God are you dumb. =

Ri0T
Nov 13, 2006, 12:54 PM
Being dumb > Being a monumental jerk

Deerlay
Nov 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
Right but who care?
I wont argue hihihihi

nefarious
Nov 13, 2006, 01:01 PM
lol?

Being dumb is bad, mkay?

No more crack rocks kids, aight?

And you can't really make an intelligent informed reply without being a part of the FFXI community and a PC gamer at that... because you wouldn't understand what a sore spot the fact that SE tried to force everyone into windowed mode is. You don't deal with "Gil Sellers" controlling your endgame on a daily basis... You quite simply are not a part of our "world" enough to understand why that statement is so collosally stupid.

So even if I'm being a jerk, I'm being a jerk in retalliation to how insultingly offensive that statement was.

CheesyDave
Nov 13, 2006, 01:12 PM
regardless of nef's lack of eloquence, he's right about the windower business. forcing full screen has never prevented any 'hacking' or whatever. and honestly, i still think it's a joke that SE claims that full screen is enforced to prevent cheating. also, there're windowers for ffxi that do not provide scripting tools nor do they house the facilities to be utilized for that purpose. *high fives nef*

Ryoga4523
Nov 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
I feel both smarter and dumber for having read this topic...

Ri0T
Nov 13, 2006, 01:21 PM
I just found it strange that the guy went out of his way to:

A. Make an account to flame about a topic not really that popular
B. Not reply to the post in the original thread

Which leads me to believe that this thread is more about attention-whoring than it is about the actual topic in question.

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 13, 2006, 01:22 PM
So what happened to the Screenshot function?
Guess PSU doesn't store them as bmps like PSOBB did...?

I would rather have them kept that then add a worthless windows feature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-13 10:24 ]</font>

Sanjuro-san
Nov 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
I have played FFXI for almost 3 years now (will be three years in March of 07) I have played on a PC, PS2 and also a Xbox 360. When I played on a PC I did use a windower just to see what the all the fuss was about. It was nice to be able to see things like others TP in a party and also the % of health the mob has and such. I am a 75 Taru Summoner and the BP timer on screen was nice also. But I only played on the PC for about 6 months. No I play on my xbox all the time and although the added fetures where nice, I can still do a good job with out them.

Whats my point? Not sure. I guess what I am saying is that you dont need the windower to play the game right. It was/is just a nice thing that PC useres can use. Seeing how players that play on a PS2 and Xbox can not use such tools I can understand why SE does not want PC users to have them, to make it a fair gaming world for everyone. I play on Diablos btw.

McFresh_Bot
Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
Did this really need a dedicated thread?

nefarious
Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:21, Ri0T wrote:

Which leads me to believe that this thread is more about attention-whoring than it is about the actual topic in question.

You are made of Dumb and Phail.

The OT was locked, about the PC version getting hacked.

If I wanted attention ... I wouldn't tell people who hit on my character in PSU that I'm a guy. Orz.

EDIT::

Sanjuro-san;

My SMN is 66. They made us pimps now, big changes since you last played. And the plug-ins are optional. They are cheating a tiny bit, and you can disable them if you honestly just want to play windowed and be able to do major things like...

Browse the internet.

Chat online.

Do work.

Play something else.

Something people who don't play FFXI wouldn't "get" is that FFXI has alot of "down time" and idle time... and such.

So you really need to just go find "something else" to do, sometimes... Which is why I don't even consider full screen an option.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nefarious on 2006-11-13 10:29 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 13, 2006, 01:30 PM
Please tell me on which part of your post am I supposed to give a fuck?

nefarious
Nov 13, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:26, McFresh_Bot wrote:

Yes.

On 2006-11-13 10:30, Silhouette wrote:
Please tell me on which part of your post am I supposed to give a fuck?

So far you're just taking a fuck. Up the ass, like a good little bitch.

Until you actually manage to defend your stupidity with anything past the prowess of a 12 year old, that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nefarious on 2006-11-13 10:33 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 13, 2006, 01:38 PM
I suppose SE and I are dumb then, since that's what they said. I still don't give a fuck though, what more is there to say in my 'defense' ?

McFresh_Bot
Nov 13, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:32, nefarious wrote:

On 2006-11-13 10:26, McFresh_Bot wrote:

Yes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nefarious on 2006-11-13 10:33 ]</font>

A few weeks from now I will respond to this "yes" of yours by crafting an entirely new thread with that sole purpose in mind.

Aaomi
Nov 13, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:22, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
So what happened to the Screenshot function?
Guess PSU doesn't store them as bmps like PSOBB did...?

I would rather have them kept that then add a worthless windows feature.

The screenshots are stored in My DocumentsSEGAPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSESCREENSHOT as Bitmap Images every time you hit printscreen while in game.

Vorpal
Nov 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
Wow, a immature flamefest over a game.

And asking her to die over a simple post. Even more immature.

Collar
Nov 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:01, nefarious wrote:
lol?

Being dumb is bad, mkay?

No more crack rocks kids, aight?

And you can't really make an intelligent informed reply without being a part of the FFXI community and a PC gamer at that... because you wouldn't understand what a sore spot the fact that SE tried to force everyone into windowed mode is. You don't deal with "Gil Sellers" controlling your endgame on a daily basis... You quite simply are not a part of our "world" enough to understand why that statement is so collosally stupid.

So even if I'm being a jerk, I'm being a jerk in retalliation to how insultingly offensive that statement was.

"Errrrrrt. Stop. 'FFXI community', 'our "world"'. It's a game. PSU is also a game. While your arguments may hold some merit, so do those that oppose your presented ideas. FFXI's community has nothing to do with the issue over playing either game in Windowed Mode, because, in the long run, if people want to do the damage, the methods will come. Besides, this is PSU General, not FFXI General.

On 2006-11-13 10:21, Ri0T wrote:

"Bingo. Smile, nefarious, you're on The Internet.

(Yes, right now.)

Shaidar
Nov 13, 2006, 01:46 PM
Wow, internet drama. Gotta fetch some pop corns.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 13, 2006, 01:47 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:32, nefarious wrote:

So far you're just taking a fuck. Up the ass, like a good little bitch.

Until you actually manage to defend your stupidity with anything past the prowess of a 12 year old, that is.

While I appreciate that you understand the fundamental flaws in the referenced statement, there are probably better ideas than starting a whole thread just to inform someone that their ability to evaluate circumstances leaves something to be desired.

Also, I suggest you take a look at the forum rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum).

Signatures
Signature limits still remain the same as they were before. 600 pixels horizontal, 180 pixels vertical, 35000 bytes max, NOT 35KB. This rule still applies to Flash signatures, do not have Flash movies loading other movies. Do not have midi music auto-playing on sigs and no more than 5 lines of text! The 5 lines of text rule includes line breaks not considering any pictures in the sig. If there is a picture on the sig, the whole height of the sig including picture AND text shall be no more than 180. Do not have HTML in signatures that breaks the forum table and configurations. Sigs that are too long shall be taken away upon our discretion and based on our judgement. Repeated abuse of signature limits will result in having your signature taken away. We will not tolerate repeat complaints of signatures being taken away if they break the rules in anyway. Test your signatures in your profiles or offsite.

In summary, signatures may not exceed 600x180 pixels and 35000 bytes in size. Your signature is 250 pixels tall by 118211 bytes. Choose a new sig.

I'm also going to give you a verbal warning for the generally objectionable attitude you've seen fit to display over the course of you whole four posts over the last few hours.

Feel free to enjoy our forums and community in a more friendly manner, and have a nice day! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif