PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Update News (Nov 12)

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
ClumsyOrchid posted:
You should see at least two content patches before this date. News about upcoming updates will be posted today or tomorrow on our website.

That 'date' being Dec. 15.

So good news coming...

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
longer then expected....but it's coming out at least. Assuming the Dec. 15 date is accurate.

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
Well update news will come either today or tomorrow. 2 content patches to span over a period from today Nov12 to Dec 15...

justbrak
Nov 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
That is absolutly stupid. No offense to our European friends...but it sucks that we are basically waiting to get our update for you. Honestly no offense, I am looking forward to playing with all of you. Wow. That is over a month from now. The game has been out for over two weeks already. Japan>the rest of us.

segadrm10
Nov 13, 2006, 01:07 PM
good news, but thats a little bit to long we have to wait a hole month http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
Guys READ carefully!

Two content updates are to come BEFORE the date dec15. Meaning we will get 2 updates over the span of the period of nov12-dec15.

Auronp
Nov 13, 2006, 01:11 PM
Was this from sega or someone who just soeone who said it?

Edit: Nvm, i went to phantasystaruniverse.com and foung it, ty. Also he said it wasnt based on the EU release

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auronp on 2006-11-13 10:20 ]</font>

justbrak
Nov 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
Okay. If this is us getting Two content patches before the 15th then I can probably sell some more people on this game. I really hope this is true and apologize for misreading this as a wait till the 15th for our content update.

watashiwa
Nov 13, 2006, 01:17 PM
Sounds like the update schedule will be similar to JP then.. a content update every two weeks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, since the OP didn't link where Clumsy posted that:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=89756&highlight=#89756

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-11-13 10:20 ]</font>

Shaidar
Nov 13, 2006, 01:17 PM
Like justbrak said..it's really stupid if you have to wait for us (yup, I'm european). Personally I find it stupid that we had to wait an entire month before we can join the rest of you guys. ;_; I'm well aware there's good reasons for this...but it hurts.

*smacks self*

No going emo now. I just need to hang in there a few days...hopefully.

Dhylec
Nov 13, 2006, 01:22 PM
Any update would be a welcoming event. Knowing the crowds around here, the sooner the better. ;]

Ryoga4523
Nov 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
sukenaaaaaa

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
Atleast now we have some idea of what's coming and we can finally look forward to updates. Glimmer of hope you may say.

Zakuro
Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
It actually sounds pretty good to me. The date was just something a regular player listed, not specifically that the last update would happen around that time, just that there will be at least 2 updates before the date the person listed. If the schedule will be posted today or tomorrow we won't have long to wait to know for sure, so there isn't much point in speculating at this point.

Mystil
Nov 13, 2006, 01:34 PM
Let's just hope it's not a 'get our hopes up' update and only for it to be some BS update that adds new 'features' to the menus -.-.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
Did you people read?

Thats TWO updates, the second one being the major patch with new weapons and classes, you know even the japanese had to wait a month and five days for this

For us maybe a few more days? Big deal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-13 10:35 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 01:38 PM
This was the JP PSU release and update schedule. I put the corresponding US dates in parenthesis afterwards as a guideline had the US updates follwed the JP release as close as possible (while placing the update day on Thursday).

NOTE: There is no telling what is actually in store for us in those updates per se. Maybe in two updates we will get as much as they got in three. Posted this just to show an idea of approximately what to expect. Mileage may vary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seeing these dates and then reading that announcement means there is no cause for alarm: seems we will get an update soon-ish, which would seem to be the first JP update, just as this schedule predicted, right about the same time they got it relative to their launch, though I do agree sooner is better, not due to impatience but rather actual need for content.

You'll note that third update for Japan is mostly just Halloween, meaning more than likely we will get that second update along with holiday elements all as one large one right around the 15th.

===

HAD the dates matched up precisely:

PSU JP released: 31st AUGUST 2006 (US 24th October 2006)

Phantasy Star Universe was released in Japan, for PS2 and PC platforms.

PSU JP Content updates:

5th OCTOBER 2006 (US 30th November 2006)

* Opening of Moatoob
* 6 new missions added for:
o Parum
o Neudaiz
o Moatoob
* Adjustment to Mission parameters and Completion Bonuses

12th OCTOBER 2006 (US 7th December 2006)

* Online Story Mission with Leia Martinez added (episode 2-1)
* 2 new S-Rank missions added:
o "Retake the Plant" (Linear Line)
o "The Damaged Communications Thoroughfare" (Guardians' Colony)
* Maximum level cap changed from 50 to 60
* Expert classes unlocked (7 in total)
* Photon arts level increased to 30
* 8 New Weapon Types Added:
o Double Saber
o Axe
o Twin Claw
o Single handed Claw
o Grenade Launcher
o Laser Cannon
o Crossbow
o Cards
* 2 New SUV weapons added
* New armours, weapons, and clothing/parts added.
* Partner Machinery re-initialisation Kit added
* New Technics and Photon Arts added.

19th OCTOBER 2006 (US 14th December 2006 - note: we will likely get Christmas here instead)

* Halloween theme added: (October 19th to November 9th)
o Halloween decorations for certain areas
o Hallo Rappies
o Halloween room theme available for 5000 meseta.
* 1 new S-rank mission added:
o "Retake the Sanctuary" (Agata relics)

Para
Nov 13, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hmm your update assumed update schedule has 3 updates before dec 15.

Also the JP content updates under their conditions took longer to come out because they had more server troubles than we did so it would be somewhat unacceptable to wait 1 month.

Clumsey did say something about update schedule being similar but not exactly.

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 02:06 PM
Remember my post about the rumor of a whole update patch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"Nah, take my advise, everyone cancel there Hunter's ID then SEGA will notice and maybe they'll update the game, or just wait till December which i heard a rumor that updates were gonna be out around ending of November or the start of December, they didnt update the NA versions by half like the JP because they release it overthere to beta test it (which is the reason they get the weekly updates) when they get those right then they'll give the NA a full update patched with all the content the JP servers received, i play on the JP Version named as AlbelNox, but again this is just a rumor, don't spread it just beleive in it. "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-11-13 11:07 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:35, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Did you people read?

Thats TWO updates, the second one being the major patch with new weapons and classes, you know even the japanese had to wait a month and five days for this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-13 10:35 ]</font>

FOR THE LAST TIME;

THE JP VERSION OF THE GAME WAS IN A BETA STATE FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER DUE TO ALMOST CATASTROPHIC SERVER FAILURES. YOU CANNOT UPDATE A GAME DURING A BETA, IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE BETA.

To make my point as perfectly clear as it can be;

JAPAN PLAYERS EFFECTIVELY WAITED 5 DAYS FOR AN UPDATE, AS THE OFFICIAL SERVICE BEGAN ON THE 1st OF OCTOBER.

And who really cares.

WE'RE GETTING 2 UPDATES IN THE SPAN OF APPROXIMATELY 4 WEEKS.

BE HAPPY DAMNIT!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-13 11:27 ]</font>

Camdino
Nov 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
There are a two things that I know about Sega~ 1. They hate the US and even more so Europe 2. They hate people playing humans in there game and feel they deserve no extra luck!

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 02:34 PM
What is up with all the emo people today? A whole slew of posts, its all EMO CAPS posting....

LOL...and people think the PSU community will be spared all the asshats of WoW, FFXI, and GW. Any game like this (be it you call it an MMO or some other name) will always draw in Leets and general stressed out types. The internet is full of these people, there's no place to hide X_X

Ok, then so 2 updates "potentially" in 4 weeks....keep in mind, this is not SEGA saying this, but an assumption that the official notice tomarrow will say this.

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 02:37 PM
THIS IS NOT EMO, th..is is.. e..mo... ... >_>... ..update.. in a few week..s yey..

SoujiSeta
Nov 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:26, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-13 10:35, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Did you people read?

FOR THE LAST TIME;

THE JP VERSION OF THE GAME WAS IN A BETA STATE FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER DUE TO ALMOST CATASTROPHIC SERVER FAILURES. YOU CANNOT UPDATE A GAME DURING A BETA, IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE BETA.

To make my point as perfectly clear as it can be;

JAPAN PLAYERS EFFECTIVELY WAITED 5 DAYS FOR AN UPDATE, AS THE OFFICIAL SERVICE BEGAN ON THE 1st OF OCTOBER.

And who really cares.

WE'RE GETTING 2 UPDATES IN THE SPAN OF APPROXIMATELY 4 WEEKS.

BE HAPPY DAMNIT!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-13 11:27 ]</font>

Moatoub was added DURING the extended beta.

watashiwa
Nov 13, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:38, SoujiSeta wrote:

Wrong. Try again.

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:34, AngelLight wrote:
Ok, then so 2 updates "potentially" in 4 weeks....keep in mind, this is not SEGA saying this, but an assumption that the official notice tomarrow will say this.

No. This is a confirmation from Clumsyorchid that we SHOULD recieve AT LEAST two updates by mid-December, and that there we be an OFFICIAL NOTICE on the website today or tomorrow.

And by everyone else's logic we're getting our update BEFORE the JP got their first one. It's just that they aren't taking the time to unlock Moatoob and THEN adding the extra missions and weapons. We're getting a "bundle pack" so-to-speak.

SoujiSeta
Nov 13, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:42, watashiwa wrote:

Wrong. Try again.

Says you?

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:44, SoujiSeta wrote:

Wrong. Try again.

Says you?

Well, seeing as on that list of Updates and what they contained says Moatoob was unlocked AFTER the Beta, I'd say;

Says Sega.

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:44, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-13 11:34, AngelLight wrote:

No. This is a confirmation from Clumsyorchid that we SHOULD recieve AT LEAST two updates by mid-December, and that there we be an OFFICIAL NOTICE on the website today or tomorrow.

So I'll say it again, we're "potentially" getting 2 updates by mid-december. Which is 4 or 5 weeks from now. >_>

It's not fact till there's a date on it. Hell, even you seem to agree with that stance. So I dont see what you're getting at with that statement.

SoujiSeta
Nov 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:48, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-13 11:44, SoujiSeta wrote:

Wrong. Try again.

Says you?

Well, seeing as on that list of Updates and what they contained says Moatoob was unlocked AFTER the Beta, I'd say;

Says Sega.

The extended beta was until 1st of October and moatoub was unlocked on the 26th of september.

Genobee
Nov 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
Watch we are gonna get the updates on Dec13 and Dec14, just to piss us off

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
By "SHOULD" and "AT LEAST" I was implying that we will see a MINIMUM of 2 updates by the 15th of December, as I quoted those words from the quote at the beginning of the topic.

And it's not like they're going to drop all the updates on us the week of the 15th, so it's 4-5 weeks away. It's 1 to 2 weeks away for the first update.

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
I have been told by many and many people over the jp servers that those updates will be received on the NA servers by ending of Nov to Start of December.

Choja
Nov 13, 2006, 02:56 PM
Something told me that you were going to say that. (directed at Genobee)
I'm happy we have actual news of an update, because it'll extend the things we can doooo.
I'm still enjoying the game since I get to talk with my friends, so yeah.
The only thing I'm going to question is the adjustments to completion bonuses. Better or worse?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-13 11:57 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:51, SoujiSeta wrote:
The extended beta was until 1st of October and moatoub was unlocked on the 26th of september.

If you can show me a source, I'll believe you.

Otherwise, I'm just going to stick with the list on the second page.

Nani-chan
Nov 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
It's predicted we will get the updates Nov 30 and Dec 7th.. so please stop complaining until then.

Everyone find something constructive to do like leveling multiple jobs to Rank 5 or solo farm allot of meseta so you can buy/make those rank As. (I'm sure Rank A weapons will be inflated until the market stabalizes)

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
While it does make sense and I could see it this way, it's not concrete in stone till SoA's official announcement on the PSU official boards. Even Clumsy has to go by what his superiors tell him to do. He's a mod not a programmer or software eng. If he gets a notice that we're getting updated potentially next week, then tomarrow gets a notice from corporate saying it's next year, guess what? that's what's going to happen.

Till the date is out on the Sega board, we have no firm confirmation on any date. SoA calls the shots not us. So we need to wait till tomarrow to see what is going to happen for us on the US servers.

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:54, Para wrote:
Hmm your update assumed update schedule has 3 updates before dec 15.

Nope. The JP version did and I simply placed the US dates in as a guide to show how closely they matched. I believe there are two possibilities: Release matches the JP version very very closely, with the third update being the Christmas holiday release to replace Halloween; there is no thrid update and around the 15th we get the second update, which includes the holiday event material.

Also the JP content updates under their conditions took longer to come out because they had more server troubles than we did so it would be somewhat unacceptable to wait 1 month.

Clumsey did say something about update schedule being similar but not exactly.

I'm only noting that were one to follow precisely the same release schedule as in Japan (even given the fact that they had a beta period), and that if one makes the adjustment in dates by a day or two so that they fall on a Thursday, the corresponding matchup of dates between the US and Japan versions - if one keeps the same intervals of times - is roughly the same.

Its in agreement with announcements as well as even where a presumed holiday event update would occur - so much so that I have the hunch SEGA will simply like clockwork more or less follow the same release pattern as in Japan - just change the dates to match - the differences being obviously Halloween and some possible tweaks. Helps to set expectations as a guide for roughly the amount of content and the speed at which we might see it - even to anticipate what that content is. I agree, dont use it as written in stone. Its simply worth looking at since there is a precedent and it even still matches what Clumsy says. Compare to an announcement when it comes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-13 12:07 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 13, 2006, 03:05 PM
But i just still think it's fucked up that the JPs will have 4 or 5 updates before we get 1.

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:01, AngelLight wrote:

Till the date is out on the Sega board, we have no firm confirmation on any date. SoA calls the shots not us. So we need to wait till tomarrow to see what is going to happen for us on the US servers.

These rumors that i have heard are positive for sure that there will be an update around ending of November or around the month of December, rumors could lead that an official dud from Sega wanted to play around with the players on the JP servers.

HiKeRI
Nov 13, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:05, Genobee wrote:
But i just still think it's fucked up that the JPs will have 4 or 5 updates before we get 1.

The NA servers will get 1 or 2 meaning those 4 or 5 updates in 1, unless the other half its still on beta.

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:05, Genobee wrote:

Technically they dont, since they also got the game 3 months earlier. I make the conjecture that it matches almost exactly actually.

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:01, AngelLight wrote:
While it does make sense and I could see it this way, it's not concrete in stone till SoA's official announcement on the PSU official boards. Even Clumsy has to go by what his superiors tell him to do. He's a mod not a programmer or software eng. If he gets a notice that we're getting updated potentially next week, then tomarrow gets a notice from corporate saying it's next year, guess what? that's what's going to happen.

Precisely, but we're simply discussing our guesses here anyway about what'll be announced. SEGA could too in one fell swoop catch us up to Japan. Possible I guess. I am simply placing my bet and then waiting until tomorrow to see what pans out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Auronp
Nov 13, 2006, 03:12 PM
Either way, atleast we have something more concrete than random ppl saying "i heard next week, or the week after..." This way when the date comes out today or tommorrow(more likely) that we can put all this he say she say crap behind us and count down the days with relic runs lol.

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:12, Auronp wrote:
Either way, atleast we have something more concrete than random ppl saying "i heard next week, or the week after..." This way when the date comes out today or tommorrow(more likely) that we can put all this he say she say crap behind us and count down the days with relic runs lol.

lol. True that.

DoubleJG
Nov 13, 2006, 03:20 PM
I hope they have an update calendar like they did for PSOBB. Very helpful and easy to read. But eh, I'm sure we'll all be happy to read it even it's just a regular announcement.

Stixx
Nov 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
*shrug* The update comes when it comes. As it is I'm having a blast leveling all the jobs to 10. Farming, leveling my PM, and synthing makes the time go fast anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Weak
Nov 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
I've still got a few goals to accomplish before I start begging for an update.

Cross
Nov 13, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-11-13 11:51, SoujiSeta wrote:

You're wrong. Moatoob was opened up on October 5. I was playing at the time. Go read the JP site; the update notes for Moatoob are right there on 10/05.

Vergil_Sparda
Nov 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
For all the people complaining ***** at yourself for playing this game too much. It's your fault your bored, hop off Sega's BACK!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness. Glad to hear Sega won't keep us completely in the dark, I look forward for the updates.

Camdino
Nov 13, 2006, 05:38 PM
I agree that there is too much complaining, but when you buy a product dont you expect the whole product promised to you? I mean when you go to buy a car and and find one you like go to drive it home and the dealership said you can have the engine and bumper but here in a month you can have 2 tires and a door?

I'm not asking for everything in the game but the normal levels and world NPC's that dont disappear when you walk towards them and maybe a few low level rares besides ones that nobody can use for another month. I am along time PSO fan and like PSU also but this stupid.

twopartsdone
Nov 13, 2006, 05:47 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:34, Silhouette wrote:
Let's just hope it's not a 'get our hopes up' update and only for it to be some BS update that adds new 'features' to the menus -.-.

I'm kind of afraid of that too.

jarek99
Nov 13, 2006, 05:53 PM
2 updates by 12/15 eh? I have a feeling that those 2 updates wont be until 12/1 for the 1st and 12/15 for the other update. So thats still about 3 weeks away...

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 05:55 PM
just wait till tomarrow for the official SEGA word....no reason to panic.

hucast21
Nov 13, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-11-13 14:53, jarek99 wrote:
2 updates by 12/15 eh? I have a feeling that those 2 updates wont be until 12/1 for the 1st and 12/15 for the other update. So thats still about 3 weeks away...

I wouldn't doubt it.

Razorback
Nov 13, 2006, 06:10 PM
Hoooooooblah! This probely is a guesesmite by Sega, cause they dont even know, Cause they working on their percious Sonic and hedgehog

Genobee
Nov 13, 2006, 06:12 PM
well I'm happy there are updates coming.....I was about to burn down sega.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 13, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-11-13 14:28, Vergil_Sparda wrote:
For all the people complaining ***** at yourself for playing this game too much. It's your fault your bored, hop off Sega's BACK!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness. Glad to hear Sega won't keep us completely in the dark, I look forward for the updates.

in all games, ESPECIALLY mmo's there will be "hardcore" players, and alot of them. To not prepare for them, even if only slightly with the method of content unlocking, is a major mistake. These players will always be there, will always make up a good amount of the playerbase, and as such need to be prepared for, its common sense

As for me, I hardocre dit about a week out of excitment then went lax, I hardly play it much anymore, but I still got to 46, close to 47 and have absolutley nothing to do but try run temple A's for exp knowing ther eisnt a thing there that could drop that i could make any use out of. The content is lacking, pure and simple, mind you Im not going to personally complain about it as I have other games to play (nwn2, ffxii) but that is a fact.

On another note, I seriously hope the first update comes soon, we didnt start with much content and anohter 2-3 weeks of this much content would be terrible, my card list is over 30 people long and im lucky to see 5 of them on, not a good sign.

PS: glad to see sega is starting to communicate with us, my hopes they continue to do so and we get an update soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-13 15:14 ]</font>

Q_Anon
Nov 13, 2006, 06:47 PM
my card list is over 30 people long and im lucky to see 5 of them on, not a good sign.

That sounds an awful lot like the last year of PSOGC.

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 10:08 AM
they still haven't seen annoucments yet and, trolling around the forums most people were says the anoucments won't be coming until next week...

-Ryuki-
Nov 14, 2006, 11:05 AM
...At least it's more than one update.

Number4
Nov 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hail to you!

Im wondering when Sega was planning to release the new content update in north America?

Zakuro
Nov 14, 2006, 11:22 AM
On 2006-11-14 07:08, Genobee wrote:
they still haven't seen annoucments yet and, trolling around the forums most people were says the anoucments won't be coming until next week...

Clumsy said "today or tomorrow" yesterday. It might be a good idea to give them some more time since it is still pretty early. Also, it doesn't matter what "most people" say, as they have no actual info regarding it and are making it up as they go. I'd take the site admin's word over some random person posting on a forum that doesn't even require you to be playing the game to post.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 14, 2006, 11:56 AM
This thursday lawlz

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:57 AM
That's nice, this means that EU will start with more stuff than you guys started, that's cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deerlay
Nov 14, 2006, 11:57 AM
Never.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 14, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-11-14 08:57, Zarbolord wrote:
That's nice, this means that EU will start with more stuff than you guys started, that's cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Consider it part of your freebie basket. You guys get games months and years behind us, so this is more of a gift to you than anything else. It's nothing special. We all feel sorry for you anyway. lol

Sexy_Raine
Nov 14, 2006, 12:05 PM
Never, because Sega doesn't like the US.

EDIT: Don't take this comment seriously, it's just we've waitng long enough just for an update.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-14 09:27 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-11-14 09:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-14 08:57, Zarbolord wrote:

Consider it part of your freebie basket. You guys get games months and years behind us, so this is more of a gift to you than anything else. It's nothing special. We all feel sorry for you anyway. lol

U get most of the bugs *need....to...flood...*
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ri0T
Nov 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
Whenever ST feels like throwing us scraps. XD

But seriously, hopefully this Thursday.

Blenjar
Nov 14, 2006, 12:28 PM
Dont get ur hopes up!!!

-- Blen

KazuKun
Nov 14, 2006, 12:47 PM
.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif December 15th is my birthday.

Edit: Well, that was kinda off-topic, so...sorry?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KazuKun on 2006-11-14 09:48 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 01:50 PM
Well it looks like the blog updated but it diddn't say shit all about any new content, just talked about races

Wheatpenny
Nov 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
Ok..We are getin' 2 updates.. No more DE Ragon grind soon...we are getting stuff...can we just be happy about it instead of complaining saying well we should have gotten this update on this date..just level up to 50 that way when the cap is increaced you won't have to reach so far to 60.get the leveling out of the way while there is nothing better to do then kick back and enjoy the fruits of the update when it comes...

Zeizen
Nov 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah I cant wait. I did accomplish everything I wanted before the update so now I am just leveling up my PM and hanging out!

realP
Nov 14, 2006, 04:13 PM
Here is the response I got to one of my e-mail questions regarding the content update:

"Hello,

We will be releasing announcements regarding content/patch downloads
through the official website http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com. The
came has only been out in the US for a little over 2 weeks, so there has
yet to be an announcement yet, but expect to hear/see something this
week. Just keep checking the website and visit the forums as well as
there will be frequent updates. If you have any other questions, please
let us know.

Thank you
John
SEGA Support"

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-11-14 11:10, Wheatpenny wrote:
Ok..We are getin' 2 updates.. No more DE Ragon grind soon...we are getting stuff...can we just be happy about it instead of complaining saying well we should have gotten this update on this date..just level up to 50 that way when the cap is increaced you won't have to reach so far to 60.get the leveling out of the way while there is nothing better to do then kick back and enjoy the fruits of the update when it comes...

Lolno.

It is very likely that the first update will not increase the level cap. The second one will increase it to 60. Furthermore, nobody gives a shit if you're at the cap yet. Instead of wasting time ZOMG POWAH LEBUL!!1ing, play the game at a leisurely pace. Getting to the cap at this point is utterly pointless and futile. When we have all of our content and the cap is somewhere around 100 or 200, then it will be accomplishment.

Wheatpenny
Nov 14, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:57, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2006-11-14 11:10, Wheatpenny wrote:

Lolno.

It is very likely that the first update will not increase the level cap. The second one will increase it to 60. Furthermore, nobody gives a shit if you're at the cap yet. Instead of wasting time ZOMG POWAH LEBUL!!1ing, play the game at a leisurely pace. Getting to the cap at this point is utterly pointless and futile. When we have all of our content and the cap is somewhere around 100 or 200, then it will be accomplishment.

So what is wrong with getting leveling out of the way so we can lesiurly screw around untill the updates....

drmcst45
Nov 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
Clusmy lied. He said we'd get a schedule either "today or tomorrow". well, he's got 5 hours left to get his ass together and throw something up on that website of his.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 14, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:17, Wheatpenny wrote:

So what is wrong with getting leveling out of the way so we can lesiurly screw around untill the updates....

You don't need to get the leveling out of the way, period. Nobody is going to look down on you if you're only level 20. Assuming reaching the true cap takes as much time as it did in PSO, then forget other MMOs where players reach the cap within a month. If it is like PSO, very few players will ever reach the cap, and if they do, it will take around 1000 hours.
On 2006-11-14 14:22, drmcst45 wrote:
Clusmy lied. He said we'd get a schedule either "today or tomorrow". well, he's got 5 hours left to get his ass together and throw something up on that website of his.

That's funny, I count six and a half (nine and a half for Sega, since they're on PST).

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:22, drmcst45 wrote:

Timezones.

I think they use PST, so (since I'm EST) they actually still have 6 and a half hours left. Just because they post the info while you're having a nap doesn't mean it was late.

XeroSum
Nov 14, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-11-13 10:06, justbrak wrote:
That is absolutly stupid. No offense to our European friends...but it sucks that we are basically waiting to get our update for you. Honestly no offense, I am looking forward to playing with all of you. Wow. That is over a month from now. The game has been out for over two weeks already. Japan>the rest of us.

thats a patch every 3 weeks... thats not bad.. at all.. by the 3rd or 4th content update wed be at par with japan and moving at the same pace... were getting our content faster than japan did so stfu

kthnxbye

Randomness
Nov 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
The perfect irony would be that, with Sonic Teams reputation for being slow with updates, if that they post right at the end of the day that the update is tomorrow.

Bobkitty
Nov 14, 2006, 06:00 PM
Please.... don't tease

TwilightSea
Nov 14, 2006, 06:05 PM
ClumsyOrchid posted:
You should see at least two content patches before this date. News about upcoming updates will be posted today or tomorrow on our website.

I call this bullshit unless Sega actually backs up WTF they're saying. Until then, I call this bluff!

Inu_Shadi
Nov 14, 2006, 06:17 PM
Clumsyorchid wrote:
There is a QA functional and localization process that sends code to a number of different groups to approve and release code. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a pre-defined process that requires additional work before any content can be released. This process cannot be bypassed, and it is not a matter of simply sitting on code.

On Content updates, since this was the thread I posted to originally, it only seems fair to follow up. News about the update has hit a Marketing hitch. The release will not be on our website, but on another online site. We will post an announcement with link once it has been cleared. It is expected to go live today but we do not have any control over the release.

Just a question, how can a update hit a marketing hitch and why won't it be on SEGA's PSU site?! Lol makes no sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inu_Shadi on 2006-11-14 15:19 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 06:18 PM
So in other words;

"Oops, my bad."

Randomness
Nov 14, 2006, 06:19 PM
Ouch.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 06:30 PM
It's the NEWS ABOUT the update that's hit a marketing hitch. Don't know how telling us what to expect could pose a problem, but oh well.

Couple that with the fact they won't be allowed to post the info ON THE OFFICIAL SITE and I'd say this only bolsters my opinion; Sega hasn't a ****ing clue about what's going on.

drmcst45
Nov 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
lol no kidding.

total bs

watashiwa
Nov 14, 2006, 06:44 PM
That last post by Clumsy is so goddamn ridiculous, I don't have the right words to describe it.

Also, you'd think he could AT LEAST tell us the name of the online site which will release the information..

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 06:44 PM
Marketing hitch huh? LOL

We won't be getting updates for awhile.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 06:47 PM
THE UPDATES AREN'T STUCK IN MARKETING, THE INFO ABOUT THEM IS.

Chances are we'll just wake up and stumble into Moatoob by accident, then a wekk later some site will post an update looking something like "So yeah...Moatoob, hope you like it."

Garnet_Moon
Nov 14, 2006, 06:48 PM
Is Mellvore or Relics DENES part of the 6 missions for Parum? Somebody please tell me. I want to fight De Ragnus and all those friggin Megid spitters with my friends. ; ;

Let's not forget the Commandos and their Exploding Tanks either. It's going to be the new Hakura Temple with one difference: This area is fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-14 15:49 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-11-14 15:47, Zeta wrote:
THE UPDATES AREN'T STUCK IN MARKETING, THE INFO ABOUT THEM IS.

Chances are we'll just wake up and stumble into Moatoob by accident, then a wekk later some site will post an update looking something like "So yeah...Moatoob, hope you like it."

Expect the worst, hope for the best. The updates won't be here tomorrow, I'm 99% sure about it.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 07:06 PM
I'm fairly sure the content update won't be here tomorrow either.

Tomorrow is Wednesday.

TwilightSea
Nov 14, 2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sure the update won't be here until JP X360 release cause Sega are fucking racists and loves to fuck US and EU over out of updates. "Nope, no updates until JP version is out since JP versions are always better compared to stupid US and EU players! Ohohohoho!"

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
On 2006-11-14 16:06, Zeta wrote:
I'm fairly sure the content update won't be here tomorrow either.

Tomorrow is Wednesday.

Well then, your last post makes no sense.

"Chances are we'll just wake up and stumble into Moatoob by accident"

When do you wakeup, Thursday?

Inu_Shadi
Nov 14, 2006, 07:38 PM
Clumsy just now locked the thread.

Randomness
Nov 14, 2006, 07:41 PM
Hmm... NEWS SOON??!?!?!?!?!? Or is it just random forum management?

Inu_Shadi
Nov 14, 2006, 07:45 PM
Clumsyorchid wrote:
This thread is clearly done. When news is available about the update, you can read about it in the Announcements section.

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 09:20 PM
this is such crap...... why do we always get left in the dark.

I think I'm gonna go play WoW

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-14 18:25 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:20, Genobee wrote:
this is such crap...... why do we always get left in the dark.

I think this is a case of Clumsy making a promise that didn't go through. He probably opened his mouth a little too early for Sega PR or the Marketing department.

Now it has backfired.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-14 18:30 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 14, 2006, 09:36 PM
SoJ is probably going "...umm... we don't know what we're going to be able to add yet." Meanwhile Clumsy is standing with his mouth wide open and some employee is next to him holding a word bubble by his head with 'WTF?!?!?!' written on it in red Sharpie.

This seems weird to me anyway. Two patches within a month from now? Did the Japanese servers get two patches that quickly? They would have to be substantial patches, especially considering they were written in a post about 'Who's pissed this game has no content and wants to quit?' with nearly 100 people voting yes and only 40 saying they could care less.

susaru
Nov 14, 2006, 09:37 PM
i think the guy that is over sonic team now is a seriious racist ,since he was the one to separate the servers in the first place.

Dragnorok
Nov 14, 2006, 09:40 PM
i hope he wont get fired for doing that. Clumsy is like the closest thing to a "caring for the US custumer" sega employee we've got

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 09:41 PM
You mean Yuji Naka?

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 09:43 PM
It obviously had nothing to do with Japan getting the game 2 months before us, or that Japanese power players would've left NA and EU users in the dust (which would have aggrovated them).

It also couldn't have had anything to do WITH THE LANGUAGE BARRIER.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 09:45 PM
there's a language barrier between certian EU countries..such as germany...YAVOL!

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 09:49 PM
Most European countries have English as a second language. Japan almost exclusively Japanese.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 09:50 PM
....Wana know why?.....THEY DIDN'T COLONIZE AMERICA!....And by the way...I know a Japanese Cadanian on PSU....wierd huh?.....Oh...Zeta's canadian.....

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:40, Dragnorok wrote:
i hope he wont get fired for doing that. Clumsy is like the closest thing to a "caring for the US custumer" sega employee we've got

I hope he doesn't get fired either. In hindsight, I'm positive he would take back his post about the release schedule of content updates.

From his last post, it's not even going to be on the official site. The release schedule about updates will be on a different website, with a link on Sega's site.

This is basically a PR nightmare and Sega is on damage control.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 09:58 PM
They'd need to be in control to be on Damage control.

Right now, Marketing > Sega.

Wallin
Nov 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
Apparently Clumsy is actually well-known for lying about PS updates. -_- Sighhhh...

Ruby-chan
Nov 14, 2006, 11:44 PM
So, who'd like a new signature? I'll host. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

http://members.cox.net/prettyfencer/whosmad.jpg

I wish Sega would stop doing everything in their power to destroy Phantasy Star's good name. I'd kill for a true sequel to PSIV

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:10 AM
I can't wait till we start hearing all the fan boys start crying for content. Because they will realise that thier Crea weapons are useless until decemeber.

Untrackable
Nov 15, 2006, 12:52 AM
Just stop and think for a moment.... Doesn't it want to make you laugh?