PDA

View Full Version : Are the Xbox servers well populated?

GUN
Nov 13, 2006, 06:49 PM
Bearing in mind the PC/PS2 link with their servers, I was just wondering what any of you Xboxers have found the population on your servers like. I hope to have my US copy of XBox PSU tomorrow, and although I prob won't set up a new US silver Gamertag, but rather wait for GL to start in UK (24th) I just wondered how servers compare population wise.

I'm pretty sure I will pick up a PC copy as well just to be on the safe side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garroway
Nov 13, 2006, 06:54 PM
Right now it looks like Universe 1 and 2 are usualy packed full with Universe 3 running at a more comfortable population. The remaining 27 are usualy pretty baren.

PJesus
Nov 13, 2006, 06:54 PM
Universe 1 is almost always full with universe 2 sometimes with it.. but other than that.. it's not so full.

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-11-13 15:54, Garroway wrote:
Right now it looks like Universe 1 and 2 are usualy packed full with Universe 3 running at a more comfortable population. The remaining 27 are usualy pretty baren.

This is true.

Although, before Gears of War and CoD3 tservers 1-3 were usually jam packed and 4 was always at 3-4 stars.

GUN
Nov 13, 2006, 06:57 PM
I guess that being on two platforms, the PS2 and PC servers are bound to pick up more people.

Still, two busy servers are certainly better than nowt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thrash777
Nov 13, 2006, 06:58 PM
Just wait for the EU release... it's going to jump...

And you do have to remember other game releases, like GoW, and especially over christmas!

GUN
Nov 13, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yep, fair points, and as Thrash say's, come the 24th the population should certainly receive a boost.

I have to add that I much prefer playing Phantasy Star on a console, just feels right, so I would be reluctant to spend too much time on PC, plus I have an old PS2, no network adapter, so it's def 360 for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2006-11-13 16:05 ]</font>

DjDragoon
Nov 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
Are the Xbox servers well populated?

No

Gears of War owns xbox live now.

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 07:08 PM
Not really.

FenixStryk
Nov 13, 2006, 07:37 PM
Universe one is almost always full, even during late night hours.
Universe two is usually at 3 stars, but fills to 5 at peak hours.
If you're lucky, you might see Universe 3 full, but it's usually only 3 stars on peak hours, and empty thereafter.
Universe 4 - 30 are guaranteed 1/2 stars.

There's more than enough people to play with if you're looking for random squads, but it's nothing major.

Raifen
Nov 13, 2006, 07:44 PM
PS2/PC is about the same sadly with like Uni1 filled and Uni 2/3 sometimes filled

KirinDave
Nov 13, 2006, 07:47 PM
GoW is a great game, but it doesn't have the lasting playability of PSU.

PSU's server populations appear low because the game only rewards people bunching up, not spreading out. If they could do something like tweak the rare drop rate based off a sweet spot of population, and make that apparent to the users, you'd see more populated servers.

Thrash777
Nov 13, 2006, 07:51 PM
What you need to think about is:

Total online PSU population:

PC: 50%
PS2: 15%
-
360: 35%

...That's what I reckon...

Saikyn
Nov 13, 2006, 07:59 PM
Xbox users has slimmed out a bit, most seem to be playing Gears of War. Hopefully some people will come back but who knows. I moved from PC version to Xbox version because I prefer the live chat. Sometimes I go back to PC version though. Might move back if the Xbox population continues to decline.

MAGNUShunter
Nov 13, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-11-13 16:47, KirinDave wrote:

I'm more of an rpg player, but I will say in gow's defense, I played for 8 hours straight on friday. It felt like two. First shooter that requires individual stratagey. One person can win it for the team if they think smart and fast.

That all being said, I cant end the day without loging in to PSU for at least an hour or two. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I will be playing psu for the long haul I know (as well as gears!)

KirinDave
Nov 13, 2006, 08:38 PM
On 2006-11-13 17:31, MAGNUShunter wrote:

On 2006-11-13 16:47, KirinDave wrote:

I'm more of an rpg player, but I will say in gow's defense, I played for 8 hours straight on friday. It felt like two. First shooter that requires individual stratagey. One person can win it for the team if they think smart and fast.

That all being said, I cant end the day without loging in to PSU for at least an hour or two. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I will be playing psu for the long haul I know (as well as gears!)

It's a great game, but it's not the kind of game you log dozens of days into. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I mean, I adore Skygunner, but I don't play it much. Still a great game though.

ACpilot
Nov 13, 2006, 08:40 PM
GoW pulls alot of people from PSU considering its an insult to compare it to halo 2 or any other console FPS.
I havent even looked at PSU since i got GoW.

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 09:15 PM
All I can do is stare at my Gears of War case until Christmas T_T

myomer
Nov 13, 2006, 11:06 PM
I have GoW but have not opened it yet. I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance to finish with the wife on 360, NWN2 on the PC, and of course PSU (also on the PC). I think once updates are in PSU will have a good population on any server 360 or PS2/PC, enough to keep it around anyway. At the moment the gaming universe is just abundant in good games to play (always a good thing).

Having said that, friends I have on 360 and myself are getting that "I lost that loving feeling" feel with PSU. However, I have not tried story mode which I will probably do in the next few weeks here.

_dd_
Nov 14, 2006, 12:40 AM
Sadly GoW has attracted my attention, and about all of Xbox live.

I had 25 people on my friends list, 22 of them were on Gears of War, one was on PSU, and 2 were Away, but, on GoW

Once the update for PSU hits, I'll be sucked back into it, no doubt.

-Crokar-
Nov 14, 2006, 01:01 AM
psu i play on the weekdays but weekend gaming is dedicated to gears right nowand mid day if my clan is on gears ill play it

Superguppie
Nov 14, 2006, 04:48 AM
I hear Gears of War is a good one. And I hear it is so not my taste. I feel like a weirdo. And I will probably join the weirdos that are left in a few weeks.

A2K
Nov 14, 2006, 05:17 AM
I played through Act 1 on Hardcore co-op. Afterwards, I kind of wandered back onto Phantasy Star Universe though and spent the rest of the night playing that, though. Go figure.

Curiously enough, my friends list has been mostly dead as of late. Although, when a few people are online, most of them are in fact on Gears.

mitchm
Nov 14, 2006, 06:30 AM
yea i was playing PSU for awhile before gears came out but now theres just something about cutting someone in half or curbstomping that gives you satisfaction in a tough match... lol. i still play PSU though here and there. i will probably play it more once everything is released otherwise its like playing an unfinished game...

GUN
Nov 14, 2006, 07:56 AM
I wonder if any WOW players have defected to PSU. Since Blue Burst lost loads to it, it would be interesting to see if any have returned for PSU.

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 08:00 AM
Some have, I've seen it in a few people's sigs and posts...

GeoHolyhart
Nov 14, 2006, 08:17 AM
On 2006-11-13 16:44, Raifen wrote:
PS2/PC is about the same sadly with like Uni1 filled and Uni 2/3 sometimes filled

Completely true. I have yet to see Universe 3 full actually. I guess Xbox and PS2/PC users are no better off then the other. Though once the patch comes out, I expect more people to rebound back to the PS2/PC version.

GUN
Nov 14, 2006, 08:22 AM
Let's hope so...It's kind of offputting to hear about ghost lobbies already, when the game hasn't even come out in the UK yet!

Still as Thrash said, hopefully when EU joins in they should fill up a bit. I cannot remember PSO on the GC dying off so quickly, still in those days there was not such a huge choice of online distractions -

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2006-11-14 05:23 ]</font>