PDA

View Full Version : Forte Types vs Hybrid Types?

FenixStryk
Nov 13, 2006, 08:21 PM
We all know about the expert classes. They're better than the base classes since they have higher Photon Art caps and weapon rank caps, and they have more weapons to choose from as well. However, which general class section is better? Forte- or Hybrid- types?

Forte- is basically a beefed up version of its base class. Better stats than hybrids, more efficient PP use/regen, etc. This is the general plan for most, I'd assume.

Hybrid- types are unusual. While they take a hit in the stats, PA, and PP Efficiency departments, they can cover more roles than others and have access to unique weapons as well (A good example: Guntecher's unique access to S-rank Twin Handguns, Crossbows and Mechguns). This allows for jack-of-all-trade characters that can do EVERYTHING at the cost of stat nerfs.

So, are the stat buffs of Forte- types worth it? Or are you going to take the hit for versatility? Which do you think is better?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-13 17:26 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 13, 2006, 08:39 PM
I'm going for forte-types right now, but I may in the future up hunter enough to do figunner as well as fortegunner on my alt. My main is definitely going fortecher, though. FIREWORKS FTW!

Mikaga
Nov 13, 2006, 08:42 PM
{Hybrid classes} have access to unique weapons as well (A good example: Guntecher's unique access to S-rank Twin Handguns, Crossbows and Mechguns)
Only Figunner and Guntecher do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2006-11-13 17:43 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 13, 2006, 08:47 PM
I choose classes based on what they can use, not their stats. As such, I'm going fortefighter due to their spear 1337ness. Still trying to decide what to use as a subweapon, though.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 08:51 PM
I'm doing Fortefighter, Figunner, and Guntecher.

Fortefighter because my Power NB is already beefy, and switching to Fortefighter; in conjunction with a Beasts already high ATP, will only solidify me as the DD king on the battle field for each party I enter. I love big numbers, and those exclusive Axes are doing wonders for me.

Figunner because... c'mon, Double Saber. It's going to be fun toying with Forces trying to level up their spells when Tornado Dance is released. >.>

Guntecher because I just started a Ranger and instead of doing GRM and running out of ammo half-way through on my Twin Handguns like I did on my CAST, I used Yohmei and ran out on the very last mob. I loved it. I'm a fan of twin handguns, even if I don't like guns in general and their exclusive access to S Rank Twin Handguns only makes me want to do it even more. Having Resta, Shifta and Deband definately don't hurt at all.

On a side note, I can't wait until I get my copy of Alliance vs ZAFT II. Strike Noir has dual beam handguns and does cartwheels while shooting. I mean c'mon. It's a giant gundam, with a pair of handguns, doing cartwheels while shooting. Effing awesome.

As for which is better? Hmm. I suppose it's situational. If you're with a bunch of Hybrids and you're taking an unnecessary high amount of damage and the Force gets KO'd or incapacitated, you have others who can keep the S-Rank alive. While the Hybrids dance around the battle field doing imaginary cartwheels, freezing and paralyzing everything, and casting Megid just because it is there, but not exactly useful at such a low cap level, the Fortes can do their thing. Fighters can skewer the mobs, Rangers can shoot out the enemies eyes, and Forces can run in and Gi everything.

I think they will all have unique rolls, but substituting one for another shouldn't hurt the party too much. The classes are more diverse than PSO and I think it might do very well.

ACpilot
Nov 13, 2006, 08:52 PM
The hybrid classes are arguable on humans and newmans, casts could be a hunter/ranger but its useless to have a hybrid beast.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 09:23 PM
I think hybrid classes may be picked if someone wants to use s rank on their favorite weapons, like double sabers, twin sabers, machine guns, twin handguns, twin daggers, or crossbows or whatever, otherwise, they might as well go forte.

Mio
Nov 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
I like almost every expert class, but i think i will go Fortefighter for the S spears and the new axe.
I wish swords where stronger than the crap they are atm

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 13, 2006, 09:36 PM
Well excluding the overpowered figuner hybrid, whos essentially a fortefighter with a bunch of guns to chose from and 20 bullet skills, id say forte is better

Xbob
Nov 13, 2006, 09:36 PM
I'm gonna be a Fortetecher. I think it all depends on how you play, down the road I may become a Guntecher because Newmen have pretty nice ATA. Plus I like to make stuff go BOOM.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 13, 2006, 09:38 PM
Fortecher. S ranks cards FTW! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And with my Cast I'll be going with Figunner. Exquisite Double Sabers! Ooooooh.

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 09:44 PM
CAST figunner here, mechgun/dagger combo, with twin handguns and twin daggers at the ready (esp once we get the other twin dagger PA) with a pair of twin sabers for when i need to smack a whole group of mobs at once (again the other PA no the rising crush we have now)

screw double sabers

Genoa
Nov 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
Figunner and Wartecher as of now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif . Forte's are great too, but I really want to cover more aspects of the game early before I go all out in specific areas. Where... the Forte's are more limited to expertising in certain weapons/PA's.