PDA

View Full Version : enemy warping

Guitarsmasher
Nov 13, 2006, 10:15 PM
does this only happen to me? or does it happen to everyone else and piss them off too? sometimes for me, i could be fighting a large enemy, and then poof, they are gone, and then bam, they either end up 3 miles over there<<< or raping me from behind. for example, i was in the relics fight a polavohra (big gray guy that needs midol), i was fighting him one second, and then the next, he was on the completely opposite side of the room, i wana know if my ps2 is messed up like most of them are (one way or another), or is this normal and i shouldnt care if they get me from behind?

Nani-chan
Nov 13, 2006, 10:17 PM
I've had that happen when I drag them to far away from their spawning point.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:18 PM
I sometimes see people butchering poor defenseless trees and mobs nowhere near them. I then notice when they stop the enemy in the distance dies. This only happens when everybody and their grandmother is complaining about the lag in chat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 19:19 ]</font>

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Nov 13, 2006, 10:19 PM
Enemies only have a set range they can travel to before the game reels them back. Gets annoying when fighting certain enemies (like the robots in Grove of Fanatics), as my tech will fly right through them and be wasted if they wander too far from their spawn point.

SonicTMP
remember how the monsters would run back to their spwan points in PSO if you ran thru a door? Same thing just it's invisable barriers or if the monster gets stuck somewhere they made it so they can instant transmission back so you may continue to slaughter them.

AlMcFly
It sometimes happens to me when in large groups of players. The warp isn't big though, usually a few inches away or so. It's a connection slowdown I think but then again, I am no expert.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
also inconsistancies in the games, Iv'e played next to a friend and had it happen before, I used rising strike on one side, while he used it on the other side, we both saw it fly up in the air and land the way WE attacked it, so we were attacking it form different psots (and on his game it looked like I was winigng at nothing) meanwhile, leo on my game was attacking it head ona nd doing nothing, while on my friends game, he was way off int he distance swinging at nothing. The poly on my screen then teleported to where my friends was and both games were consitent again...

morale of the story? dont watch psu on two screens at once, its disorientating x.x

Guitarsmasher
Nov 13, 2006, 10:22 PM
so......sega....did...something........s......smar t???

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 02:41 PM
I noticed that when I tried to get the wyverns on perum to follow me through the level, I remember in PSO if you got to far from them they'd warp or walk depending on the monster.
Gall, for the life of me I cannot remember the names of any of the monsters! I've taken to calling them by the name of a similar pso enemy or their basic shape.