PDA

View Full Version : Learn to Carry Scapedolls people!

BloodDragoon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:32 PM
I'm getting tired of people dying in missions and expecting someone to use a moon atomizer on them. Being high level does not mean I have to babysit you. Bring your own revive. >.<

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:32, BloodDragoon wrote:
I'm getting tired of people dying in missions and expecting someone to use a moon atomizer on them. Being high level does not mean I have to babysit you. Bring your own revive. >.<

since about level 20 I've always had 10 moons on me because they drop so much o.o on a side note, I have over 10 scapes, even had to bank some </3

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'm just tired of people dying in general. Seriously, lrn2dodge more and stop costing us S Ranks. All you're doing is making everybody else emo about the S Rank. I could care less but when everybody disbans because you died w/o a scape doll it's a problem.

Hustler_One
Nov 13, 2006, 10:36 PM

Ok, sure, I will be sure to spend all my hard earned money on SCAPE DOLLS, so I dont inconveniance you. Look, those things arent cheap, and they arent all that common a drop too. Not to mention that moon atomizers are fairly common drops, and they wouldnt be there if they werent supposed to be used.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 13, 2006, 10:38 PM
i think i was born with a scapedoll in my hands, like zomg! an 8lb baby beast with a scapedoll, congrats mrs. (insert name here), looks like his nanoblast will be one hell of a ride

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:38, Guitarsmasher wrote:
i think i was born with a scapedoll in my hands, like zomg! an 8lb baby beast with a scapedoll, congrats mrs. (insert name here), looks like his nanoblast will be one hell of a ride

Careful: My GH410 eats scape dolls.

Parn
Nov 13, 2006, 10:40 PM
Heh... I always keep five of the things on me, and all the spares I constantly get go towards leveling my strike PM...

MtrxDarkShdw
Nov 13, 2006, 10:42 PM
if u die with a scape doll does that effect your rank? jw caus i never paid attention to it.

Parn
Nov 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
Scape doll deaths do not affect mission rank. That's why it's awesome to carry them along. Think of them as insurance for when you make a mistake and die.

Carbinne
dying with a scape doll? it doesn't affact rank.

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-11-13 19:42, MtrxDarkShdw wrote:
if u die with a scape doll does that effect your rank? jw caus i never paid attention to it.

If you are revived with a Scape Doll the rank remains in tact. Die without it and we get emo rants here on PSOW from your party members.

Think of the community. Never leave home without Scape Dolls.

cobfab
Nov 13, 2006, 10:47 PM

You would have found the asnwer yourself if you read the name "Scape Doll" lol.

Ash1ey
Nov 13, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:36, Hustler_One wrote:

Ok, sure, I will be sure to spend all my hard earned money on SCAPE DOLLS, so I dont inconveniance you. Look, those things arent cheap, and they arent all that common a drop too. Not to mention that moon atomizers are fairly common drops, and they wouldnt be there if they werent supposed to be used.

Nani-chan
Nov 13, 2006, 10:49 PM
You don't die, you use "Kawarimi no Jutsu" to put a doll in your place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQeihdDbHk

Just save all the omega acids and hustle berries you find.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-13 19:52 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Nov 13, 2006, 10:53 PM
Tsk Tsk....The problem peopples is not the scapedolls...it's self reliance......if you can't make sure you wont die as part of a group DON'T JOIN THAT GROUP! Go solo a LOT MORE until you learn what damage you can handle and just because someone else can go right up and spit an beast in the eye while killing it softly doesn't mean you can necessarily.....DER! I Solo'd till level 20 before I started playing with anyone else so I wouldn't be the NOOB of the bunch.....and I have never died in a group because I don't take on beasts I CAN'T HANDLE!

End of Discussion....

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2006, 11:01 PM
People should just stop acting like not getting S-rank will cause the universe to implode, is all I have to say.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 13, 2006, 11:04 PM
You guys need to learn that its just a game, who cares if you lose your S rank, A rank is pretty close you should be glad they were there to help with all the fights and give you company.

Asking sombody to have scapes is not an exceptable deal, in PSO it was never like that. You were expected to have moons to help and revive teammates... because this is a guess what? TEAM orinated game. Its not everyman for himself and take care of yourself.

Last I checked the cost of a moon was alot cheaper than a scape ....

Xbob
Nov 13, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:53, DarkSeph wrote:
Tsk Tsk....The problem peopples is not the scapedolls...it's self reliance......if you can't make sure you wont die as part of a group DON'T JOIN THAT GROUP! Go solo a LOT MORE until you learn what damage you can handle and just because someone else can go right up and spit an beast in the eye while killing it softly doesn't mean you can necessarily.....DER! I Solo'd till level 20 before I started playing with anyone else so I wouldn't be the NOOB of the bunch.....and I have never died in a group because I don't take on beasts I CAN'T HANDLE!

End of Discussion....

You're also an uptight asshat. I've been grouping with people since day 1 and I've always owned.

Ryudo
Nov 13, 2006, 11:07 PM
scape dolls dont cost you an S Rank on the current missions, dying even WITH a scape doll can cause you to fail some of the newer missions out on JP PSU though ;x

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-11-13 20:07, Ryudo wrote:
scape dolls dont cost you an S Rank on the current missions, dying even WITH a scape doll can cause you to fail some of the newer missions out on JP PSU though ;x

Dying in general cancels those missions too. You play to live, or go back to Parum and grind until you stop getting one-shotted.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 13, 2006, 11:37 PM
I have the same scapedoll that I got when I was like 15-20.

AeraLure
Nov 13, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-11-13 20:01, Schubalts wrote:
People should just stop acting like not getting S-rank will cause the universe to implode, is all I have to say.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

(roughly translated as: Couldnt agree more.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-13 21:23 ]</font>

Hustler_One
Nov 14, 2006, 12:19 AM

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Im really tired of looking at the game list and seeing 50% of the games with comments like "S RANK, NO NOOBS, YOU DIE = KICK LAWL"

Its a game.... play to have fun, not to get "S" ranks.

As a rule I now boot anyone out of my games that tells people they are noobs, they suck, or starts ranting about how so-and-so lost our S rank.

I play this to have fun not to listin to whiny, elitist, asshats that have to have everything perfect

Sexy_Raine
Nov 14, 2006, 12:37 AM
While people do make mistakes (and with me being in my boss girl outfit when I'm leader), I will always ask "what happened?" when someone dies without a scapedoll, so they have to explain to me. I'm not an S-rank whore, but don't like getting a lower rank when people die for stupid reasons.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 12:42 AM
I'm getting tired of elitists being obsessed with S rank.

Seriously, fuck off, I do not give a shit for your S rank, it's all abut the DROPS. And selling them for MONEY. I got to lvl 10 Hu, 6 Fo, 3 Ra wthout worrying about noobs dying and actually lost GOOD players who'd ditch cause OH NO, SOMEBODY DIED. Christ we have all the time in the world to make criteria for expert class. I finished my first damn char and I'm on my second.

Velocity_7
Nov 14, 2006, 12:49 AM

QFT.

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
Funny how you people assume too much. I said nothing about S rank. And I've seen maybe 2 understandable accidental deaths. The key issue here is underleveled people in missions higher than rank C that run in like idiots and die then expect you to to spend money reviving them when they died 40 seconds into the mission. You want to be an idiot and die like that without a scapedoll I hope you like walking back into the mission area.

And also FYI I haven't kicked anyone for dying either though I've had these type of people leave the game on their own when they dont get a moon atomizer used on them.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
seriously learn to use the Mates, thats why you have so many of them. its been like 2 weeks since i died. :/ only excuse i could see of dying is getting frozen in neudiaz, but no1 goes there right... am i right or am i right?

HatMaster
Nov 14, 2006, 12:59 AM
I remember someone online once said "Don't die" to someone who joined the team.

My response. "There's worse things in life than not getting an S-Rank."

His response? "No there isn't."

Seriously, at the end of the day, who cares? So someone died, maybe even stupidly. This isn't a game that really punishes you for a teammate's death. The worst that happens is you lose a rank, and seeing as you're probably going to run that exact same mission again, one rank isn't the end of the world. One death isn't the end of the world. One moon isn't the end of the world. It's a game for crissakes. No need to take it so seriously. Unlike other games, you don't really lose anything by someone dying.

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 01:00 AM
Actually the accidental deaths I'm thinking of are ppl getting 1 shotted by a mircromissle from the temple boss after it went teleport happy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-13 22:03 ]</font>

Flunky
Nov 14, 2006, 01:16 AM
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've found about 20ish scape dolls in the course of my 50ish hours playing online- not boards or whatnot, just 20ish straight dolls.

I've 'had the chance' to use up about 5 of them, 3 of which were on my first few times fighting the big robot menace in the temple while rather underleveled and underarmored- a micromissile would almost kill me, the forward firing rocket would insta-kill.

I'm a little baffled whenever I see somebody die without a scape doll (maybe I'm just lucky finding 'em), but it's no big deal. As they say, shift happens... we all lose a few mission points and some meseta... not exactly the end of the world. If anything, I'd say a death or near-death makes things rather more suspenseful and fun, as something less sure is always more exciting.

In conclusion, that's why I like joining the A-rank missions to areas as soon as I reach the minimum level... fighting A-rank rainbow beast is always fun, especially factoring in the megids and that spinning attack that almost -always- kills at least one group member. Heh.

MayLee
Nov 14, 2006, 01:27 AM
I was a level 4 in the Relics I beleive doing a run with others, I did pretty nice for a low level fighting enemies that were level 27 and such. I stuck and moved.

I always carry things I need.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
Funny how you people assume too much. I said nothing about S rank. And I've seen maybe 2 understandable accidental deaths. The key issue here is underleveled people in missions higher than rank C that run in like idiots and die then expect you to to spend money reviving them when they died 40 seconds into the mission. You want to be an idiot and die like that without a scapedoll I hope you like walking back into the mission area.

And also FYI I haven't kicked anyone for dying either though I've had these type of people leave the game on their own when they dont get a moon atomizer used on them.

and again I say isnt a moon chapter than a scape? dont expect them to have scapes they expect you to have moons and I expect myself to have some to reive sombody else.

I feed them to my PM and still have 4 or 5 on me constantly because they drop so often.

its like 5000 mesta for a scape, a moon is what 500? maybe 1000? I never had to buy one so I dont know.

Whats the point of booting sombody if they die, its never happend to me but I have seen it done alot, you lost there help and you already lost your rank so its not like your solving the problem but just creating another one, not to mention giving yourself a bad image.

:/ I dont like losing S rank but I sure as heck dont make a big deal of it. I have only died 3x in my entire PSU carreer. I got owned by fire breath dragon guy 2x and I got double crited by two of those claw guys at the same time in a B rank dragon run and im a force female newman the weakest/lowest HP/defense in the game!

Nani-chan
Nov 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
Who cares about S-rank, everyone is Rank 10 already so it doesn't matter anymore. And if everyone is not Rank 10 then just try your best and have fun.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 01:48 AM
rank 6 lol @ lvl 32 too many solo relic C runs for $$$ and tech lvling even with S rank you get crap for points on your job skill.

Rokiv
Nov 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
Dying once in a while if fine by me, but every freaking run? Get the hell out of my party. I play for fun. Part of my fun is seeing my character progress.

Neo187H
Nov 14, 2006, 01:55 AM
There is also a difference between someone doing pretty well until he gets hit by two leader monsters at the same time and the person that dies three times to the dragon from the same avoidable attack.

Zakuro
Nov 14, 2006, 02:00 AM
On 2006-11-13 22:51, Rokiv wrote:
Dying once in a while if fine by me, but every freaking run? Get the hell out of my party. I play for fun. Part of my fun is seeing my character progress.

How do you not progress if someone dies? It may not be as much in 1 run, but you'll still progress. An A rank isn't really that bad either, and even if you end up with a B or a C you are still making progress. Rank only affects your job experience anyway. You don't lose out on any character experience, which is more important as you'll max out your job(s) before your regular level unless maybe you are trying to max them all.

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 02:01 AM
Myself and a number of other players sell off excess scapedolls in shops for 1000 meseta so cost isnt so much of an issue if you're smart enough not to buy those things from the NPC.

My first run on Parum I didnt notice the 4 vahra that spawned were the buffed ones and yeah they all hit me at the same time and I died. It was my own carelessness, I never bothered asking for a revive, I just warped back to the gate and caught up with the party after re entering.

And yes booting people for dying is pointless. If they dont leave on their own they're almost always more cautious in their play style afterwards which proves to me they were able to learn from what happened and dont want to make the same mistake again.

Often in partys tho when I seen a moon atomizers used in a field area the person that died goes right back to doing what got them killed in the first place, which is something I dont like. Mostly because to me it comes off as that person went "oh they're gonna revive me everytime I die so I can do whatever I want."

Its the people from this latter scenario that irritated me to the point of making this thread in the first place as a few of them even went as far as to start throwing insults because they didnt get a revive.

Rokiv
Nov 14, 2006, 02:03 AM
On 2006-11-13 23:00, Zakuro wrote:

On 2006-11-13 22:51, Rokiv wrote:

How do you not progress if someone dies? It may not be as much in 1 run, but you'll still progress. An A rank isn't really that bad either, and even if you end up with a B or a C you are still making progress. Rank only affects your job experience anyway. You don't lose out on any character experience, which is more important as you'll max out your job(s) before your regular level unless maybe you are trying to max them all.

I like doing things fast. Fast is good. Fast gets you more things in less time. Why settle for less?

Besides, I'm stingy as hell with Meseta and I like my money rewards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rokiv on 2006-11-13 23:03 ]</font>

Inazuma
Nov 14, 2006, 02:06 AM
if you do the math, it actually becomes CHEAPER to use scapes.

scenario 1: someone dies w/o a scape, lowering everyones meseta reward.
scenario 2: someone dies w/ scape, costing that player 1 scape doll, and preventing everyone from losing meseta.

once you get to higher ranked missions where the rewards are huge, not using a scape can easily cost the party thousands of meseta. so for example, if 6 ppl are doing a mission where one death costs each person 500 meseta, thats a total loss of 3k meseta. you would have actually saved the party meseta by using a scape. however, for the person who actually died, they mite still lose out. however, its not rite to force your party to pay for your mistake, at least thats how i see it.

personally, i carry 6 scapes w/ me at all times. and if i find myself in a very hard mission where i die like mad, i will simply leave and go do an easier one. the rewards from high ranked missions are quite huge. so i use scapes to save myself and my party members money. ppl who refuse to use scapes are just selfish and thats why it bothers me. at least i always have the option to leave that party tho.

Lastat27
Nov 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
While dying in C and B Ranked missions without a trusted scapedoll by your side is acceptable, I really see no reason why people don't have any in thier inventory by the time they do A Ranked missions.

I don't care if people die for stupid reasons or what not, but how do you not have scapedolls by this level. Are you selling them all for meseta? Are you dying so often that even 10 scapedolls in your inventory won't save you?

It just seems like your unprepared to do high level missions if you don't even have a basic scapedoll on you. Like not bringing any food to a 50+ exp party in FFXI. I'm not an elitist that always needs S Rank, but it always baffles me when I see someone's corpse not getting auto-revived.

Athrex
Nov 14, 2006, 02:34 AM
Plain and Simple,

there is little fun to doing the De Ragan or Relics for the 100th time when you are trying to farm money to afford 45k+ armors and 50k plus 8 star weapon boards and then mats (or 90k for 7star store weapons). I don't have this kind of money right now plain and simple. So most of my time is going to spent farming money in the most efficient way possible. If you die midway through an A run I'm going to be pissed because now I have to do this more than I already have to to make the same amount of funds. Whether I like Neudaiz doesn't matter, I need money and my time is best spent in Parum. Most of the people in Parum are not farming EXP or Job levels they are farming meseta. That is why people get offended when you die because you cost them money which is the entire reason they are there.

It takes a special type of person or some good friends to chat with to enjoy farming. Most of the time this isn't the case for most people. So basically don't think someone grinding will be in that great of mood.

I agree that everyone "should" carry scape dolls for the same reason everyone is required to have car insurance in Ohio. You have to make sure you have the capabilites to prevent your own stupidity from screwing others. However, I honestly have 0 luck finding them or Hustle Berries to make them so I can understand when someone doesn't always have one.

Phaze37
Nov 14, 2006, 06:09 AM
I'm a really easy going guy, but it's just common courtesy to carry a scape doll. They're not that expensive, and if you're using more dolls than you're finding you're either very unlucky with finding scapedolls, you're playing areas that are too hard, or you're not using mates when you should. If you can't be bothered to carry a scapedoll, you're being very inconsiderate to your party. If you sell them or feed them to your mag, would it kill you to keep 1 or 2 of them, or is the meseta/PM levels so important to you that you'd risk your party's rank for that little bit more? Carrying a scape doll shows that you're a team player, and that you actually care about your fellow party members. If you can't be bothered to carry a scapedoll, it just seems kind of selfish. Isn't a scape doll worthwhile simply for the respect that you'll earn from your teammates when you prove to them that you're not a liability and you can take care of yourself? Scape dolls make this easy. I don't know about you, but to me it's a matter of pride; I want to be an asset to the party, and if I end up costing the party their S rank I feel like I've failed my party. Getting an A rank instead of an S certainly isn't the end of the world, but it's a goal that we should always be aiming for.

The first time I died was against the dragon's fire breath. After that happened, one of my teammate's informed me that scape dolls let the party keep it's S rank. That's the only time I've ever been the cause of a rank-down, but it's definitely not the only time I've died. I'm far from the greatest player around and my equipment is hardly top-of-the-line, but by carrying a scape doll I can ensure that, at the very least, I won't drag my team down.

I'm not a hard-ass. If you die and you have a good reason for not having a scapedoll, because you recently lost (not sold) the last of your scapedolls for example, that's not a big deal to me as long as you're playing your best and you're at least trying to get an S rank. If you're in my party, all I ask is that you try for the S rank. If we don't suceed every single run it's no big deal, but if someone is underlevelled and gets one-shotted in every run, they get the boot.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 14, 2006, 07:08 AM
my friend told me that if you die with a scape doll, you don't lose the s rank cuz you get revived before the death could be recorded, does anyone know if this is true?

Deerlay
Nov 14, 2006, 07:16 AM
If you got a scape doll, the doll die for you so you are still alive right?
So yeah you just lose your scape and nothing else.

Randomness
Nov 14, 2006, 07:21 AM
No, its not that the death isnt recorded, it just doesnt count against you.

Honestly, Neudaiz has plenty of ways to get killed before you can react, like the Kamatozes who have that high level gibarta, or Gohmons, or anything else that freezes, but about the only excuse on Parum is getting smacked around by super Vahras. That and being paralyzed by Svaltus.

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 07:55 AM
Also, if you die with a scape doll and it revives you, it doesn't count as an incapacitate and you can still get an S rank.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 14, 2006, 08:52 AM
It never hurts to carry some scapes, you're bound to get a few. If your dying constantly and don't have enough scape to support your deaths... you're obviously doing something too hard for you.

What I don't like is when people expect you to revive them somewhere that isn't the boss. The rank went down anyway, you might as well respawn and run back.

Carlo210
Nov 14, 2006, 09:11 AM
Who cares if you don't get an S rank? If anything, people are levelling TOO FAST in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HatMaster
Nov 14, 2006, 09:24 AM
I'm level 26 with about 50 hours gametime. You know how many Scape Dolls I found?

One.

Just one. And as a force, I have a lot of things that my Mestea needs to go towards before a Scape Doll. So don't assume your luck is the same as others. And chill...just chill...

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 10:50 AM
On 2006-11-14 06:24, HatMaster wrote:
I'm level 26 with about 50 hours gametime. You know how many Scape Dolls I found?

One.

Just one. And as a force, I have a lot of things that my Mestea needs to go towards before a Scape Doll. So don't assume your luck is the same as others. And chill...just chill...

odd, I find them like there's no tomorrow, although, I've not once needed one...

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
I suppose that hunters need them most as they're always close up. And of course if you're soloing... duh.... But ok, I'm not very english speaking today (although I should be, my last bio exams are thruday and friday...). Scapedolls are mainly usefull for hunters cos normally in a good group rangers and forces aren't suposed to be near the enemies. the eventual spell from the enemy may hurt, but it won't kill (at least that is what i suppose, haven't played yet, so don't flame me). Bullet specials especially freeze, if used properly can save the day, force spells also give the oportunity to live longer as the enemies flinch and the resta spell needs to be used. Just my opinion before playing and speculation from what i've heard.

Xiber
Nov 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-11-13 19:38, Guitarsmasher wrote:

sadly i was never that lucky. I'll piss myself if i find 1 in 10 runs of anything, not including when some people take or have item distribution on. With that in mind i have learned to dodge. And only cost my group an S rank once because i was playing on my laptop and i had a horrible delay in reaction (i.e. i press a and 2 seconds later my char moves left) not cool when you are in the middle of a PA and De Ragan decides to BBQ you.

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
Use the lucky days?

MayLee
Nov 14, 2006, 11:30 AM
I always carry scapes, if I can find some.
I remember on Matoob while fighting those damned things that charge at you and use Gibrta and freeze the hack at you and let others hack the crap out of you. >.<

etlitch
Nov 14, 2006, 11:33 AM
Shit, I should make a similar topic about Sol Atomizers but I don't really feel like making a new topic.

Gah I hate those hunters running around with 10 sol atomizers rotting in their inventory while the other people in their party are stunned/paralyzed/frozen.

Rangers are'nt much better either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-14 08:33 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:36 AM
Resta, Regen... nothing more to say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KirinDave
Nov 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
If someone dies, you Moon Atomizer them when you get a chance. It's called teamwork.

Likewise, if people are doing things that are traditionally chained for S-rank, bring at least 1 scape doll. Also, Forces, it's time to start wearing legs units. My force has em, and he's surprisingly hard to kill. Also, the evasion animation effects techs differently from photon arts–it's easier to pull them off.

MayLee
Nov 14, 2006, 11:58 AM
I'll be getting me some of those when I can get some Meseta.

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-11-14 08:52, KirinDave wrote:
If someone dies, you Moon Atomizer them when you get a chance. It's called teamwork.

Likewise, if people are doing things that are traditionally chained for S-rank, bring at least 1 scape doll. Also, Forces, it's time to start wearing legs units. My force has em, and he's surprisingly hard to kill. Also, the evasion animation effects techs differently from photon arts–it's easier to pull them off.

Thx for the Force tip http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

foamcup
Nov 14, 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah people, learn to carry some freaking dolls. Once I went to fight Onmagoug, and at the teleporter I asked if anyone wanted a doll, since I had five and could spare a few. Everyone was good except for one guy, he didn't respond, and we later learned he didn't have one when he got freaking killed like four seconds before we dropped the boss. Then he gets pissed at me for not healing him, simply because I am a Force. So everyone rips into him about not counting on the Force to heal you 100% of the time. Anyway, carry a doll. And be nice to your Force.

Edit: spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2006-11-14 09:39 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
Meh I'ma force and I kinda understand some of the hunters poblem with this I usually go full suppot when I join partys with a high pp gun for tagging, and I level my techniques in my own run.

PMB960
Nov 14, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:44, Parn wrote:
Scape doll deaths do not affect mission rank. That's why it's awesome to carry them along. Think of them as insurance for when you make a mistake and die.

Or when the server lags really badly and kills you and you don't even see the enemies attack.

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-11-13 19:44, Garnet_Moon wrote:

If you are revived with a Scape Doll the rank remains in tact. Die without it and we get emo rants here on PSOW from your party members.

Think of the community. Never leave home without Scape Dolls.

Actually I dont think so... I did a mission 2 times with someone (I think Parums 1st A mission.. forgot the name...)
1st time we got an A because she died (level 25).
Well we did Relics a few times then went to Neudaiz many times until she got level 28. We went back to get that S Rank. She had a Scape Doll and die once more because she got surrounded by nukign the monsters with magic taking all the hate (Shes a FO Im a HU level 39).
Well anyway she gets revived by the scape doll and we completed with an S Rank... BUT The meseta and mission points were the same as we got an A rank...
Unless that missions A and S rank is the same I think if you die it lowers yoru rank a little even with scape dolls.
And also guys... IF YOU DIE JUST WARP BACK AND GO TO THE TRANSPORTER BACK TO THE BLOCK!!!!
Seriuosly... Ive seen many just sit there dead until someone moon them (lol).
Unless its a Moon X you still need Resta or a mate to heal your HP back... also risking another death if some fool revive you when the monsters are still around.
I can see using moons during the bosses because of course if you die and go back you cant get back in the monster battle.
Any other time they can just stay there.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 02:16 PM
Here is a thought it's a fricking game GET OVER IT!!!
I hardly ever die, and usually carry Scape Dolls on my but I play with a clan so we all know each other and if someone dies, we are ok with it unless the death is due to ignorance. Then we tell them to use their brain a little more!
My class is maxed so S-Ranks don't mean much anymore, and the money you get for a S-Rank mission is a joke even on A-rank difficulty.

SonicTMP
Nov 14, 2006, 02:22 PM
silly kids. Carrying around dolls at your ages http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kard
Nov 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
I just have to repeat the notion of one being conscious of their situation in battle, especially hunters. This won't apply to everyone obviously, and do whatever you want when you're solo, but from only 5 days of online play for me I've already seen too many people just mashing the attack button constantly in parties, and throwing any kind of strategy right out the window.

I'm no ninja myself, but I'm at least going to try to avoid getting hit when I can. My scape dolls can live to martyr for me another day this way!

Kalier
Nov 14, 2006, 02:43 PM
i find it sad people complani more about dieing and affecting S-Rank, than people complaining about people dieing in Challenge Mode on PSO, where the death killed the entire run.

comeon people, it's not the end of the world if you don't get S-rank on a mission. maybe it'll have more of an impact on S-Rank missions, or A-Ranks of some of the to-be released stages when there's an actual reward worth getting, but currently? no.

Granted, people can actually attempt -not- to die instead of sit there, being attacked by 3 enemies, whineing for a force to resta them when they have mates, or could get away from the enemies and run to the force.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 14, 2006, 02:43 PM
I say carry at least one doll on you at all times, that's the rule I follow. As a ranger I rarely die, but I still carry around dolls.

Ryoki
Nov 14, 2006, 03:11 PM

People need to bring Trimates and Antimates.
Scape dolls are for wusses.

BTW: if you spend 5000 on a scape doll, you are a moron. Quit wasting money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-14 12:13 ]</font>
________
Chrysler ccv history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_CCV)

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
just an FYI, if you kick the person who dies your party still gets an S Rank...also, no need for scape dolls, im sick of the people who don't bring mates expecting a force to be in the group to heal them...I think as a general rule of thumb, forces SHOULD NOT be expected to heal 24/7. I think if you see the forces health running low, run to him/her so you can get in on their heal. If a force is nice enough to spend his PP on healing your dumb ass who didn't bring any mates instead of tagging mobs in order to lvl, you should consider it an honor that he/she is helping you lvl while they don't. and further more players need to L2UseMates for godsake...

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:11, Ryoki wrote:

People need to bring Trimates and Antimates.
Scape dolls are for wusses.

BTW: if you spend 5000 on a scape doll, you are a moron. Quit wasting money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-14 12:13 ]</font>

I sell my extra scapedolls in my shop for 1K. Alot of other player shops sell these for the same price so getting them isnt that difficult.

But if they do actually buy these from an NPC maybe that 5K loss per death will work as an incentive to not die in the first place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The issue isnt S rank, its people who refuse to change their excessively reckless playstyle and think that everyone else is obligated to use their items/spells/money to keep them alive or revive them every couple minutes.

Phaze37
Nov 14, 2006, 04:51 PM

One.

This is why Give Finder is bad.

Velocity_7
Nov 14, 2006, 06:42 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:54, BloodDragoon wrote:The issue isnt S rank, its people who refuse to change their excessively reckless playstyle and think that everyone else is obligated to use their items/spells/money to keep them alive or revive them every couple minutes.

I'll be honest with you, I completely fall under the category of "excessively reckless playstyle", and perhaps I should change that. However though, I don't like how some players go with this holier-than-thou attitude and claim things like "having scapes are polite". Sure having them is polite, but expecting everyone to have scape dolls is like expecting everyone to have 10,000 meseta on them at all times, and when you ask them to fork over 2,000, they'll give it to you.

Seriously guys, this is a game. Enjoy it. This isn't some Second Life, nor does it own your life either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-11-14 15:43 ]</font>

HatMaster
Nov 14, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:51, Phaze37 wrote:

One.

This is why Give Finder is bad.

I never play Give Finder games. That's one with Random and In-Order distributions, buddy!

Yes, my luck is that bad.

Merumeru
Nov 14, 2006, 11:13 PM
goddamn s-rank whiners XD someone dies in your party and costs you a few hundred meseta and a few mission points, big deal, if we can afford to carry scapes, we will, if not, well, then you can go make your own little party titled 'YOU MUST HAVE SCAPEDOLLS TO JOIN OR DONT DIE!' otherwise, just deal that people dont play the same way as you

Ruby-chan
Nov 14, 2006, 11:24 PM

Wow.. you're a dick, you know that? Didn't anyone ever tell you that it's a team game and if someone dies it's a team blunder? Granted, bad players happen, but it's still a team game. You live as a team, you die as a team.

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-11-14 20:24, Ruby-chan wrote:

Wow.. you're a dick, you know that? Didn't anyone ever tell you that it's a team game and if someone dies it's a team blunder? Granted, bad players happen, but it's still a team game. You live as a team, you die as a team.

Reading the whole thread might have been a good idea since I address the more specific area of the problem in a few areas.

Then again people in general suffer from selective reading on forums and miss things even if they do read the whole thing however since your quote is from post #1 I doubt you took the time to do so.

For recap a random death isn't the problem its the people that stupidly die repeatedly and expect me to shell out for moon atomizers.

lavosmanx
Nov 14, 2006, 11:56 PM
People should bring escape dolls if they can. I think it's completely optional. It would just be better if you did so. I believe that it is everyone's responsibility to watch how they play. In other words, don't go doing something stupid because you want to look at the shiny objects. "Oh shiny.... Hey I'm dead! You'll revive me though... right?" That's all it amounts to these days. So, just stop looking at the shiny objects and do your stupid job. On the other hand, it also comes down to which you want me... Better ammount of meseta and mission points or lower ammount because of your repeated revives. Let me tell you something, it does no one no good if you keep dying on them. Infact it just comes down to boot someone who keeps dying or keep them to suffer. So basically, if you keep someone who keeps dying, it instantly becomes your fault if you can boot them for their stupidity, not the one who kept dying earlier.

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-11-14 20:32, BloodDragoon wrote:
Reading the whole thread might have been a good idea since I address the more specific area of the problem in a few areas.

Then again people in general suffer from selective reading on forums and miss things even if they do read the whole thing however since your quote is from post #1 I doubt you took the time to do so.

For recap a random death isn't the problem its the people that stupidly die repeatedly and expect me to shell out for moon atomizers.

Why should I bother wasting my time reading six long pages of you trying to defend being a dick? It's the same as if you were a KKK member posting something racist. I'm not going to read through several pages of you trying to defend your viewpoint.

Get over it.

Besides, if worse comes to worse they can just exit out into the lobby, come back in, and touch the checkpoint crystal.

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-11-14 07:59, Zarbolord wrote:
I suppose that hunters need them most as they're always close up. And of course if you're soloing... duh.... But ok, I'm not very english speaking today (although I should be, my last bio exams are thruday and friday...). Scapedolls are mainly usefull for hunters cos normally in a good group rangers and forces aren't suposed to be near the enemies. the eventual spell from the enemy may hurt, but it won't kill (at least that is what i suppose, haven't played yet, so don't flame me). Bullet specials especially freeze, if used properly can save the day, force spells also give the oportunity to live longer as the enemies flinch and the resta spell needs to be used. Just my opinion before playing and speculation from what i've heard.

I should note that my char's a HUnewearl, granted I'm on extra mode, that may be a factor, but I've only died once, an that was on my first run before gathering the coin for a class change...

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 12:07 AM
I have the solution, bring dolls for the whole group!

PS.
Thanks in advance for the doll.

BloodDragoon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:03, Ruby-chan wrote:

On 2006-11-14 20:32, BloodDragoon wrote:

Why should I bother wasting my time reading six long pages of you trying to defend being a dick? It's the same as if you were a KKK member posting something racist. I'm not going to read through several pages of you trying to defend your viewpoint.

Get over it.

Besides, if worse comes to worse they can just exit out into the lobby, come back in, and touch the checkpoint crystal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I do repect the views of those that dont agree with me. However to openly post an insult and then try to justify it with something that had already been disproven doesnt help you or anyone else. This isnt a flameboard this isnt a flaming topic and honestly I fail to see how expecting people to be a bit more self relaint compares to racism.

All honesty I could care less if you join and die 50 times clearing the first block. I just hope you enjoy walking back every time. Again the issue is people do this, die from something stupid like being a minimal level and jumping in the middle of 6 monsters, die, then assume you're OBLIGATED to revive them every time they do it.

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
You know whats funny is that you jump in my cast games alot rose. You were nicer then, but I'll give you a tip stop joining lowbie games for quick rank runs if they die on you. Go with more high levels or actually do runs above C quality.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
I got like 8 scape dolls, i dont die because im a pro, they just keep stacking up sucka's

BloodDragoon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
Nah actually the lowbies join my games when I make C ranks to lvl PA's lol doesn't bother me if the die. Its when they start spamming things like "MOON PLZ" 20 times a second after dying. I've actually given away a dozen scapedolls today to ppl under lv 10 that didnt throw a fit about not getting a revive.

Maybe they think Leveling PA's = Power Leveling or something. Only reason I dont PW it is so new players can get rank xp and some meseta. -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-14 21:47 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 12:49 AM
Ha, depends on the way they ask if they spam it they get ignored and eventualy kicked once, I usually have moons. I never really have dolls because my PM eats em all.

Mystil
Nov 15, 2006, 01:13 PM
I'm maxed on dolls, that'll probably change when I get to do Moatoob missions. Megid/freeze and crap. . .

Nietzsche
Nov 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
it breaks down like this....

I buy scape dolls all the time in player shops for 800-900 m
on A rank missions the m difference between S and A rank is like 750
so even just for yourself your looking at possibly loosing 750 m and as many as 8 mission points over a 800-900 m item
never mind you just lost it for 5 other people, so i'm sorry yes its a team orriented game, no i woudln't kick anyone for dying, but there really is no excuse for dying without one (on A ranks at least)

Reiichi
Nov 15, 2006, 02:25 PM
I find it kind of funny that a scapedoll is a rare, but yet so are 2 omega acids and a [b] scapedoll board. Unfortunately it takes 3 rares to make one if you were to synth a scapedoll yourself.

The dolls themselves are cheap to find in player shops, or you can even search for cheap omega acids since you've no doubt obtained more [b] scapedoll boards than you know what to do with.

If people never carried scapes I'd have like 20% more A ranks instead of S ranks, and probably 15% more unhappy parties that'd have members disband or complain.

Newbie C runs sure. Some people are poor, haven't found scapes early on. If you have a scape, carry one instead of vending them off or feeding them to your PM. If you're a high level or are running B-A maps then you should easily be able to afford a scapedoll. Don't leave home without one.

I could really care less about a few less mission points, but on higher level maps the PP cost adds up more than random meseta that lands in your hands. Any money I earn typically depends on the rank that comes at the end. Getting a B or A rank really hurts the wallet.

There's no reason to not carry mates, so why not also a scapedoll? Either case you could die and hurt your party. Consider it insurance for a more enjoyable playing experience, which is in your own best interest.

Merumeru
Nov 15, 2006, 03:00 PM
XD okay so what im getting from this thread is that people dont like annoying people who are stupid enough to die and then beg for revives XD dont see why that needs almost 100 replies but okay

Phaze37
Nov 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
It's just annoying when a high level player dies without a scapedoll, then when I ask him why he doesnt have a scapedoll he says something like "I feed them all to my PM" or "I can't afford them" Right, so you can't afford scape dolls yet you can afford all of those powerful B rank weps you're carrying? That extra little bit of stats on your PM is more important to you than your teammates? I have no problem with lowbies who die without a scapedoll in C rank missions; after all, at that point they are expensive and the difference between A rank and S rank isn't huge. But when you're a high level player with enough money to buy expensive (and useless) accessories for your character and good equipment, not carrying a scape doll just makes you look like a bad player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-11-15 14:30 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-11-14 21:43, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
I got like 8 scape dolls, i dont die because im a pro, they just keep stacking up sucka's

I hate you...
I really really hate you..

________
BOX VAPORIZER (http://boxvaporizers.com)

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 07:16 PM
Im sure lots wont agree with me but, oh well if dieing will make you drop down to A or B rank, ill carry scapes if i find them, but they arent important to me since 1. im playing the missions for fun not for rank, and 2. player shops are better money and come on lets face it almost none of us need mission points anymore.

Choja
Nov 15, 2006, 07:17 PM
Oooh, greatest power ever, CIOU, you don't die, hmm. Everyone gets their butt kicked at least once. If you don't, you're not playing a hard enough mission. If we need to hear what hard is, let's take an S Rank Dima then. That'll be enjoyable.

On topic: You should carry at least one scape doll, or something. Insurance is great, but this isn't Geico. A Ranks, however, aren't the end of the world.

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 07:22 PM
Speaking of S-rank missions... thats probable the one type id definently try to stock up on since they involve needing S-rank reward to get new PAs.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 07:48 PM

Word. *super high five*

Ryoki
Nov 15, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:48, GeoHolyhart wrote:

Word. *super high five*

I hate you too now.

________
Amc v8 engine specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_V8_engine)

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 08:43 PM
Go ahead, die, and don't carry scape dolls. I move to not revive the fallen and make them walk back.

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:43, Edg3 wrote:
Go ahead, die, and don't carry scape dolls. I move to not revive the fallen and make them walk back.

ok, when you get pelted with megid on S-rank missions and die cause you ran out of scapes and my status effect to block it didnt kick in, i WONT revive you.

Garroway
Nov 15, 2006, 08:59 PM
Call it a character flaw, but I would rather have friends than moon atomizers.

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 09:04 PM
It has been my experience that as long as you are playing in an area appropriate to your level you will not die if you are paying any attention at all. Just don't do de ragan runs at level 1.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 12:22 AM
I always carry scapes in story mode (I'm offline ;_;) but not in Extra mode, 'cause money is atad more scarce, but now that I'm over level 40, I'll be keepin' a doll or to in my pocket for luck ^_^, I've only used one though, EVER. that was today, taking on the grina beats in the endrum collective mission, I was jus' trying out the force class and...