PDA

View Full Version : what items do you tend to buy when you visit player shops?

Sushi_D
Nov 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
as the topic states, what kind of items do you folks buy when you visit player shops in game?

what do tend look for?
what are your needs?
what do you buy the most?
what kind of stuff you would hate to see?

think this sort of info would help me out with regards to maintaining a good in-game shop as well as anyone else who reads this topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sushi_D on 2006-11-13 23:21 ]</font>

2Deuce
Nov 14, 2006, 01:49 AM
From what I've seen from scrolling through shops it's like (Or at least it seems like) 90%+ synth boards, synth mats, and synthed weapons.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 01:53 AM
Well first 2 days I had my shop open made like 35,000 meseta so somthing sold but I have no idea what because I sell nothing now even tho my prices are super cheap (maybe the shop list bug)

But I do know what I buy.

I am looking for Marseline, Sperial, Sweet Berries, Hot Berries all the time, Neu Ash, or Nue Wood and on occasion I look for grinders and weapons but usually only find them overpricded so I make my own.

Thing is all those mats are NPC buyable and still 90% of the shops have them for more than the NPC I spend forever trying to find a shop with a good price. I shoot for 50% off NPC price wich is what I sell at, somtimes I break in and get somthing if its only 40 or 30% off NPC listing but never any less!!!

I sell for 50% on my goods so I kinda expect the same courtosy its good for the economy to sell for less, more sales, and that means more weapons and things, and that means you can buy what you want for less as well.

Wich means alot less mats in peoples banks and alot more usable items that we all need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-13 22:54 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Nov 14, 2006, 12:08 PM
I don't get to buy Marseline, Nanocarbon, or Soldonium anymore, because anyone that has them in their shops only has one, for "999999" to get people to see their "leet wepoz lol" as it were.

Sitka
Nov 14, 2006, 01:14 PM
What always sells out fast in my shop are force weapons. Raising even the "cheap and dirty" force pm takes absolutely forever, so people are looking for cheap force weapons to feed the beast.

Most weapons sell out very fast as I post very low prices. Someone starting a new character can pick up some decent weapons with attributes for 100 to 300 meseta and so I keep my shop supplied with them as often as I can.

Once everyone has fed their pms up and moved their levels to more challenging runs, we'll see more rare weapons and armours and the prices on those items will drop as more become available on the market.

panzer_unit
Nov 14, 2006, 01:14 PM
I've quit wasting my time on player shops. All the prices are way too high, on average probably double what the thing's actually worth compared to buying materials and making it yourself.

That said, I literally can't keep my food shop stocked. It makes tens of thousands of meseta per day, the only limit is how much food I can produce.

Bast
Nov 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-11-14 09:08, Wang_Tang wrote:
I don't get to buy Marseline, Nanocarbon, or Soldonium anymore, because anyone that has them in their shops only has one, for "999999" to get people to see their "leet wepoz lol" as it were.

Ditto.

I mostly look for materials, but the materials I usually need I have to get from NPCs.

Neith
Nov 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
I sell materials mainly. When I look for stuff, its usually either elemental weapons (like the 44% Lightning Ryo-Palasra I just bought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ), or more materials for synthesis.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 12:05 AM
food? like fruit juice? I dont see how I can make much profit on it since its only 200 meseta in the npc to make so unless you find both the berries for it and buy the board its still only a 100 meseta profit...

not to mention I dont find much food. Care to share what kind of stuff your selling and where you farm it?

Wrenlocke
Nov 15, 2006, 12:13 AM
sega should put in a "leave a message" system into player shops.. so everyone can spam the crap out of players with rediculous prices!!!

I for one am so tired of searching for Traps on player shops and finding them for 1k,2k,5k!!! YOU CAN BUY THEM FROM NPC SHOP FOF 500!!!!!!

grinder base b is the other one I see players so stupidly putting up for like 2k.. 500 IN STORES MORONS!!!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 04:10 AM
yes definitly, or i need a room decoration that looks like a big turd and it says "you are a big sh|thead" and I would have to go placing those in various shops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 07:26 AM
Anything below my prices, which is rare, that I happen to stumble across while searching for something in particular.

Best deal I've found so far is an Onmagoug Auge for 3k.

Realmz
Nov 15, 2006, 09:16 AM
i try to find some nano carbons, saddly no one ever sells them at any reasonable prie (sure that 100m difference from shop is REALLY cheap...)

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:13, Wrenlocke wrote:
sega should put in a "leave a message" system into player shops.. so everyone can spam the crap out of players with rediculous prices!!!

I for one am so tired of searching for Traps on player shops and finding them for 1k,2k,5k!!! YOU CAN BUY THEM FROM NPC SHOP FOF 500!!!!!!

I concur. I'm tired of players pricing items above NPC prices. People don't buy them! Don't encourage over priced items! Here's how it's suppose to work. You sell items in this range, below the price you can buy it from the NPC, above the price it sells to the NPC. Then everyone wins!

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:21 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:14, GeoHolyhart wrote:

On 2006-11-14 21:13, Wrenlocke wrote:

I concur. I'm tired of players pricing items above NPC prices. People don't buy them! Don't encourage over priced items! Here's how it's suppose to work. You sell items in this range, below the price you can buy it from the NPC, above the price it sells to the NPC. Then everyone wins!

People are stupid and it makes me laugh. XD
-----------------------------------------------------
"Hm... I need traps..." *looks at player shop* "WTH!? These ones are 100,000 meseta? They must be good!"
"I bet people would be totally stoked to buy my traps at twenty times market price, I mean, look how awesome I am! Even I'd be willing to buy them from me for that much! Man, I'm cool! Don't hate me because I'm better than you."
XD

KG
Nov 15, 2006, 10:29 AM
well to help you all along i hate thos shop keepers i try to set my prices atleast lower than everyone else i sell marseline at about 950 and soldonium at about 550 so i do good they go quick and if u lookin for a specific synth mat i might have i dont put everythin up for sale because since i dont kno wat u lookin for theres no real point right well all im sayin is u need somethin come to....Ryuk im on ps2 stop by my shop and if im there tell me wat u think alright

Ryuk(cast)
lvl 44(10 HU,7 RA, 1 FO)
PS2