PDA

View Full Version : anyone here planning on two expert classes on one character?

galaxy
Nov 14, 2006, 02:26 AM
I know as you level it costs a pretty penny to switch between classes, but im planning on making my main character both a wartecher and a fortetecher....anyone else plan on switching between two classes on the same guy/girl?

originally i planned 4 characters that would cover all of the bases, but the more i play with my current guy, the more i want to make him have two. granted, i'll still have my other 3 be different classes, but still...im more and more intrigued.

its difficult, obviously, since you can only hold 36 photon arts, so clearly i'll have to give some up. im thinking i just won't get the debuff spells. leave that to others. i'll probly have all elemental attacks and buffs, as well as resta and reverser. that'll put me at 30 PA's, then i'll pick up the saber, dagger, dual dagger, and spear PAs, then 2 bow PA's.

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 04:48 AM
It wont cost much. I got 5k in one mission A soloing o.o (and at level 100 its about 5150 or something meseta to change jobs).
Im going to level all 10 jobs eventually when they all come out.

A2K
Nov 14, 2006, 05:20 AM
I'm not planning on it, but I might decide to mix things up sometime along the line. Like you I was thinking Fortetecher/Wartecher with my male newman (especially if/when the Gravity Strike skill is released). For my female cast, perhaps Fortegunner/Protranser? I always had a penchant for laying down traps.

Mio
Nov 14, 2006, 08:08 AM
I wish there wasn't this 36 total PA limit to let my character specialize in more than 1 job

AngelLight
Nov 14, 2006, 09:26 AM
not that this is gospel truth, but at 36 PAs at best I'm only really seeing 3 total jobs realistically possible per character, maybe 4 if the PAs overlap easy enough. If you dilute it down any more then that it's going to create a gimped character. It's going to be even harder when the new arts come out (especially force types where they're getting whole element types and groupings of techs).

Krltplps
Nov 14, 2006, 09:29 AM
Not me, I'm sticking with a pure force / Fortecher character.

Grr
Nov 14, 2006, 09:32 AM
Im planning on switching between Fortegunner and Guntecher alot. Since i was stupid enough not to make mind (pure dex)pm on my main (MAKE PURE CRAFTING PMs ON ALTS, THE HEALING PM IS A GODSEND (we did grove A and every time someone got touched , we got like three restas and a reverser and the robot got some lightning , they have unlimited magic , it is riddiculous))

Ill be switching to guntecher for that self buff/healing Goodness, not to mention the ability to keep my PM/guide (trainers die so much >.>) alive. Plus S rank dualies. And Back to Fortegunner for my true love of grenade launchers and laser cannonns (got my A.cannon From grove B the other day, i happy danced for like 3 hours in the lobby)

TO sum it up and answer your question :yes
EDIT: bad word ! 9am+keyboard = BAD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-11-14 06:33 ]</font>

Carlo210
Nov 14, 2006, 09:34 AM
Which pm heals? The pure dex one (pure ranged)? Dex = ranged, if you are mistaken.

Pontifus
Nov 14, 2006, 09:35 AM
I'll be switching between fortegunner and figunner, since I just can't decide between the two. I figure it won't be too hard, since I won't have to worry about technics. I've already pretty much figured out which bullets/skills I'm getting.

Grr
Nov 14, 2006, 09:38 AM
To answer your question , the pure Mind(MST?) or something like that PM heals. just feed it starter wands or 500$(M) tech disks , either way its one of the longest or most expensive PMs to make , but it has it payout (free unlimited healing plus being able to make high end force stuff O.O)

EDIT: and the pure Dex one i was reffering to is mine..
now that im raising Force for guntecher Im putting a pure mind on my beast hunter to help him out , and slapping a pure striking on my force , to round out my weapons making abilities , my armor making character is not yet created , because i plan on opening a HUGE shop with him , and he is to be named after O'aka XXIII
from FFX (basically , he'll be my merchant character)

EDIT again : typos galore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-11-14 06:43 ]</font>

Xiber
Nov 14, 2006, 11:17 AM
i play as a CAST, and will start off going for a figunner, but later on i might dabble in being a force because none of my friends that play are forces. That and i think it will be funny being a FOcast and to see how different playing a force is compared to PSO.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 14, 2006, 11:18 AM
if I do mix expert classes, I might do it to my female newman, who may either be a wartecher or a guntecher, although she'll mainly be a guntecher.

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:20 AM
Depends on how the game evolves and what is needed by the group.

MayLee
Nov 14, 2006, 11:20 AM
I can't make up my mind at the moment.. >.<

Candor
Nov 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
I plan on being just Figunner, but by the time Expert classes are here i'll probably have hunter lv 10 so fortefighter will be an option. but i think i'll just leave that to my alt

Doh42
Nov 14, 2006, 11:32 AM
Currently taking all types to 10, and I'll play all expert types to 10, too.

I'm like that. The 36 PA limit doesn't hurt me, because I do not play any type to its fullest, I usually pick one aspect I like about it (and if possible, that I can re-use on other types). It's like watering down every type so they all feel like the same, but hey, I like it like that.

I did the same in FF11, play all jobs, and keep/buy only gear that a maximum amount of jobs could wear, so that my investment would be "more useful".

In any case, I'll start with protranser, most likely, and then work my way up with the 3 hunters. Once I hit wartecher 10, I'll probably stay there for a while, or go back to fortefighter.

I'll play the gunners and forces once I feel like it, and I know I will ^-^

AngelLight
Nov 14, 2006, 11:39 AM
I'm actually not sure what I'm going to do yet.....Most likely getting Fortetecher would be a good bet, but lately I've been dabbling in rangers and while I still see a weakness in soloability with them (but not in parties) it has been interesting to say the least.

Since I'm able to effectively keep ranger and forces up to date I'm thinking, I can effectively handle Fortetecher, Guntecher, and Fortegunner.

-Dagger is a common melee weapon to all of them, and all 3 classes have the same weapon grade.
-Bows, cards, spears, and rifles are common to at least two.
Still able to be a spellcaster, which I like doing.

So, I'm thinking:
Casting: Light, Earth, Ice, and Dark (when it's released) for damage spells (not sure on exact number cause I need to see how they all work in combat). Plus cover the buffs from the other schools which should be 1 or two more. That should be about 20 arts there. +/-

Missile Weapons: Cards be dark (for dmg) and shock (for cc), Bow be Shock and Ice, Pistol be Ice, Twins be prolly fire. Shot be Ice and prolly light. Rifle be a dmg type, Crossbow be light or ice, and Cannons be something else. Not sure if I'll use grenade launchers or not yet.
That would bring my total up to around 31 arts total.

Melee: One for Dagger, one for Spear (prolly Dus Diggas).
That's 33 total

That leaves 3 extras for maybe some more spells or gun arts.

I know it's kind of soon and we dont know what's all available, but I can see being able to field 3 job types effectively. Plus I have extra slots or I can dump the two melee ones and be ready for any new changes to future arts.

But again....anything really more then 3 is prolly going to be real hard. I would say you could do 4 if you went the ranger/hunter route and figured in protransers....but since they dont get any magic, I can't see it being really easy to do with a force/ranger route. So I made a Beast to try this out, though in this case I may try hunter/force and see how that goes (since I believe the purple nano can make beasts excellent survivors as a force).

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
Hmmm... I forgot the photon art limitation thing. Poo, well doesn't matter, I'll choose wisely when it'll be time to choose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

Varon
Nov 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
if I end end up going to switch off my fortefighter its a close run between Figunner and wartecher I havent really decided

although I limit my weapons down a lot so I may do both

_Deliverance_
Nov 14, 2006, 11:58 AM
Fortecher will be first, but I'm really looking forward to Guntecher. Fortefighter looks really fun, but I'll do that on my CAST toon, whenever I get around to it.

SpishackCola
Nov 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-11-14 02:20, A2K wrote:
For my female cast, perhaps Fortegunner/Protranser? I always had a penchant for laying down traps.

Exactly what I'm doing for my female cast too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Probably be more of a 80%/20% use of protranser/fortegunner for me though.

Doh42
Nov 14, 2006, 01:09 PM
Being a beast, even my FO ends up meleeing (usually as effective as casting), except in grove, so my only 4 photon arts used up by FO are Zonde, RaZonde, Resta and Reverser.
As a ranger, I only carry 1 bullet type per weapon, except those I really like or are really common (pistols have the 4 bullets) (I believe I have 12 bullet arts learned right now)
And I have every melee weapon PA. (That would be 6?)

When the expert types come out, I know I'll grab a lot more melee PA, and when the support spells come out, I'll grab those (Isn't there a buff spell that gives all 4 buffs, but cost life? That's 1 spell instead of 4, perfect for war/gun techer, no?), but I do not think I would ever be a full FO with all spells; I would rather only stick to one element. (Zonde for my catgirl beast). I think there's also GiResta which is Resta+Reverser in only 1 spell?

Anyway, I'm sure it's possible to level all types to 10, but that doesn't mean that character will be as good as someone who invested all his time and effort on one particular type; a Fortecher will always be better than my Fortecher, even if we would both be beast, just because I would never have all spells, best gear, the proper PM, units, armor or actual tech leveled up.

However, I would be able to, based on needs, switch back and forth from any expert type to the other and perform decently, which is what I'm aiming for.

AngelLight
Nov 14, 2006, 01:25 PM
Giresta is a combination Regen spell and Revive spell (it's both a buff and a heal spell in essence).

The all stats for hp buff is Megistar.

Me personally? I'll give beast mages a try, it should turn out good I'd imagine.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
Not to sure what I want to go as myself. Depends really what Fortegunner has going for it since so far my Ranger was kinda a let down.