PDA

View Full Version : Question about elements

Phaze37
Nov 14, 2006, 06:20 AM
If I use an element against an element thats neautral to it (fire against anything other than fire or ice for example), will that weapon do the same amount of damage as a green weapon that's otherwise exactly the same, or will it do more damage than a green weapon would simply because it has an element in the first place?

littleman2347
Nov 14, 2006, 06:23 AM
i think i get what your trying to say i think it only happenes to bullet types cause of the stat boost they get when you equip them but im not completly shure

PaladinRPG
Nov 14, 2006, 06:38 AM
Well, in my experience the elemental % on a weapon is how much the final damage is multiplied UP when used against that element's opposite... or DOWN if used on a similar alignment. If used on neither, it should function exactly like a green photon weapon (fire on lightning for example). I do hear Ground seems to work well on not just Lightning critters though, so there may be more to it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-11-14 03:40 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 06:44 AM
It should be the same if the monster has a neutral resistance to that element, but some mobs have multiple resistances. So even if its a "ice" mob it may have some eath and lighting resistance too in additon to ice.

PaladinRPG
Nov 14, 2006, 06:48 AM
On 2006-11-14 03:44, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
It should be the same if the monster has a neutral resistance to that element, but some mobs have multiple resistances. So even if its a "ice" mob it may have some eath and lighting resistance too in additon to ice.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Since I've got tons of elemental weapons, I've noticed some weird results when I was fooling around leveling PAs that would indicate each monster has a table of elemental qualities. If I had more time to play, I'd definitely look into compiling this sort of info. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Blu_Swade
Nov 14, 2006, 10:13 AM
I like how adding elements affects the color of the blade, still getting around to testing armors for the same trait, but haven't tried it yet, I bet they do though.

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 10:28 AM
Hmm... I was wondering this as well... as it seems certain elements have certain resistance/weakness to others... but obviously there are the opposite elements that do the most damage:

Fire <-> Ice
Lightning <-> Ground
Light <-> Dark

Zarbolord
Nov 14, 2006, 10:37 AM
We're just mssing Wind<->Time to complicate this even more :$

PaladinRPG
Nov 14, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-11-14 07:13, Blu_Swade wrote:
I like how adding elements affects the color of the blade, still getting around to testing armors for the same trait, but haven't tried it yet, I bet they do though.

It does affect the color of your line shield, yes. Mine are white due to a Light element equipment.