PDA

View Full Version : PAs Removed? Keep Levels?

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 01:08 PM
Lets say you get the 36 Slots all used up and capped/maxed. Lets say you bought a new PA that you didnt have and remove one of your previous ones, would you have to buy the PA all over again (I know yes but heres the question) and then level it up all over again from level 1? Or when you buy it you get your level back...?

SpishackCola
Nov 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
level 1

-Crokar-
Nov 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
i beleive it starts back at 1

jarek99
Nov 14, 2006, 01:21 PM
uno!

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 01:26 PM
Damn... might never level Forces now..

Miphesto
Nov 14, 2006, 01:29 PM
wtf? so let me get this straight...u can only know 36 PAs..???

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah I did that on Story Mode long ago (remade my file though) tried buying every PA and everything to work on later not knowing I cant learn it all...
but never tested to see if it goes back to level 1 and Meseta is scarce Network mode to test and fill up all my PA spaces to try that out... and all my PAs right now are capped (guns 10/skills 20) and Im not in the mood to just experiment and screw up my level to find out...

Zakuro
Nov 14, 2006, 01:48 PM
If 36 isn't enough then you can always make a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th character. You can even make them all look the same and name them the same if you really wanted "one" character who could do everything.

Pikku
Nov 14, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah but that also mean I have to get to "400" instead of 100.
Hopefully they make the capacity higher one day. they can surely do that easily.

Kard
Nov 14, 2006, 02:01 PM
That's unfortunate... Seems like such a waste. I wonder what could be the reason for restricting PAs to that number?

Zakuro
Nov 14, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-11-14 11:01, Kard wrote:
That's unfortunate... Seems like such a waste. I wonder what could be the reason for restricting PAs to that number?

So the game isn't filled with people who all have everything maxed. With the limit people will actually put some thought into what PAs they take.

BloodDragoon
Nov 14, 2006, 02:07 PM
Player Variety later as more PA's and Techs are added/unlocked.

Kard
Nov 14, 2006, 02:24 PM
Ah, should've worded my question differently, but it doesn't matter now. It'd definitely be broken if people could be running around with all PAs maxed though.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
The idea is that this forces you to consider what's going to benefit you most. It creates a layer of consideration for your character, making your character more unique, personalized, and interesting to design. Your character ends up with his or her own unique advantages, and it's not just a quest to get everything, it's a quest to acheive the best possible balance, which is far more involving.

Cry0
Nov 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
36 is more then enough for any experienced player who keeps to a certain playestyle.

klunka
Nov 14, 2006, 03:20 PM
I find it strange this limit is even questioned ... that's like questioning why you don't get enough talent points in WoW to max out everything.

SleazyDZ
Nov 14, 2006, 03:30 PM
36 is plenty. I agree with Cry0. Considering you can only hold a max of 4 on any 1 rod anyways. So if you have 5 rods in your action pallet you have 20 spells at your disposal. If you need more then that...quit now so you don't get your party killed trying to switch out rodes from in you inventory.

Kent
Nov 14, 2006, 04:00 PM
...Not to mention, it's not like you need to have access to every single technique, at all times. Most areas usually have one or two dominant elements, that you can stick to for attacking, then keep some healing around, and support, and you're good to go.

If you feel you need to master every technique, and completely ignore Longbows/Cards, go right ahead. It's your character, and you can do whatever you want, PA-wise. The PA limit isn't as ... limiting, as a lot of people seem to think. Odds are, you won't be able to use everything you learned (if you hit the cap), over the course of your character's career, unless you do a ridiculous of weapon/PA swapping.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 14, 2006, 04:12 PM
It only seems to effect people that want to be a force. Right now I only have Dagger, Spear, and about 3 bullets for each gun. I only use my Rifle, Twin handguns, and single handgun. I don't really see myself needing really any other PA's either. Well until Expert jobs are out I might try the launcher and laser and need light bullets. But even then it brings me up to 20 at most.