PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Real female gamers have it rough on PSU! Try b

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 02:06 PM
My wife was a diehard fan of PSO, and when she heard that PSU was coming to the 360 she went out and picked herself up a 360 and PSU.
First time she logged in with her new Female character she sexually harrased by numerous gamers to the point where she told them off and did the slap animation(LOL). In Rafin field base she went to use the restroom and a jerk start humping the face of her character using an animation that I am sure wasn't meant for that.
I quickly of course told him to stop and he used the / key in between letters to say some pretty rude things.
She is constantly having remarks said to her and she is getting annoyed. Don't men who play have their own women? Her and I both understand that people everywhere can be jerks but shouldn't she be able to play a game without being harrassed. I do know that if they said those remarks to her in real life, they would sorely regret it, seeing she is a 2nd Black Belt in TKD, and other styles, albeit she probably wouldn't kick their butt because of her training and legal issues.
If these people are male teens then their parents need to tell them how to treat women, online or off. Unless of course that's where they are getting the sexest attitude from in the first place.
I'm sure that this post will be infested with immature and sexest remarks but to be honest those sexest remakes just prove my point! I am a gentleman through and through, and life virtual or real would be a much better place if Dads like my self try to instill respectfulness in their sons towards the fairer sex. My Dad said the statement below when I was a teen. It has stuck with me for over 20 years, and I have relayed that statement to my sons as they get ready to date the fairer sex!
A rose should always be treated like a rose, even if its not the most beautiful one in the bouquet!

Sychosis
Nov 14, 2006, 02:12 PM
Far too many times have I been sitting innocently, then some boob runs up behind me, screams "HAPPY HUMP DAY!" and proceeds to violate my character...

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 02:13 PM
Naturally I'am a gentalment around the ladies, but online I'am known to give some of the most lamest pick up lines in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl23O5N9FFI

besides I still have yet to see any "sexy" female characters online worth hitting on.

Bobkitty
Nov 14, 2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah this is rather sad.. I was sitting on 4th floor of the mall with some friends when suddenly about 9 guys hit on one friend and were pretty rude about it.. trust me its worse nowthen it was last week and probably will get far worse, before it actually settles down.. Best thing you can do is try to ignore it and meet some good people that may scare away unwanted company.

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
Well A) thats why the USRB rating on the back of the box says "GAME EXPERIENCE MAY CHANGE DURING ONLINE PLAY"

also B) you expected better from the Xbox user crowd?

And C) tell your wife... welcome to the internet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-14 11:28 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 14, 2006, 02:27 PM
I play a female character because, well not sure why I do. But so far only two people have tried "hitting on me". Other then that though so far it is nothing like what it was like in PSO or any other game I have played.

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wow. I've only seen one douchebag like that on the PC/PS2 servers O.o. Granted, I can't see every lobby/universe at once.

PMB960
Nov 14, 2006, 02:33 PM
I have a female character that I use sometimes mostly just to see how people react. I never actually level her atleast I won't until my friend joins. People enjoy humping my character somtimes even after I yell at them that I am a guy. Some guys even bother me when I have a male character especially idiots at the springs. I won't go around doing things to other peoples characters though.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-11-14 11:26, Genobee wrote:
Well A) thats why the USRB rating on the back of the box says "GAME EXPERIENCE MAY CHANGE DURING ONLINE PLAY"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-14 11:28 ]</font>

My wife has been on the internet for a long time, and yes I do expect more from the the xbox crowd or from the parents of the teens who let them act that way!

RaveSauce
Nov 14, 2006, 02:42 PM
http://theinternetisseriousbusinesscatad.ytmnd.com/

grimstone
Nov 14, 2006, 02:44 PM
welcome to the internets

DoubleJG
Nov 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
Online gamers tend to live sad, sexually depraved lives. You can tell this is true by the experience your wife had. I've yet to do something of the sort to any female character of any game because well, I prefer real women. Also, many players should also expect that around 3/5 female characters in the PSO/PSU community are male in real life.

Realmz
Nov 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
hi, welcome to xbox live. Leave your manners and common sense at the door

justbrak
Nov 14, 2006, 02:52 PM
I highly reccomend swinging by and registering with Geezer gamers. there is a growin group of us that fit in your scenario. We are always welcoming people who want to get away from the rifraf of younger players. Also feel free to send me a friend request. I can introduce you and your wife to the group of geezers. If you don't like simply take me off of your friends list and I will not be offended.

Shaidar
Nov 14, 2006, 02:54 PM
Not that I'm a saint myself, far from it, but heck...the people acting like described above is downright pathetic. But hey, we all know that. Just don't let them get to ya (and your wife). Ignore the failures.

Still, nowdays most online communities are actually decent when it comes to this. I rarely see shit like this happen. I've yet to get the game though (yay for EU) so I can only guess what it's like on X-Box (I'll be getting the PC version anyway).

RaveSauce
Nov 14, 2006, 03:00 PM
I say we bring back natural selection, our species is the only one without it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

twopartsdone
Nov 14, 2006, 03:01 PM
On 2006-11-14 11:06, Artorius wrote:
If these people are male teens then their parents need to tell them how to treat women, online or off. Unless of course that's where they are getting the sexest attitude from in the first place.
[/b]

QFT

Now-a-days, parents say they are "too busy" with work to even have time to talk to their children about sex, drugs and rock & roll. My friend, Kristen, baby sits a couple’s son and daughter and both parents seldom spend time with their children because both are doctors. The son is about nine, has ADHD, and he recently has been talking back at Kristen a lot. It is obvious that he is spoiled since he's in that superiority stage of his life but his father, or parents for that matter, failed to teach him manners. I don't think that it is fair to her to earn $10 an hour for a nineteen year-old to be bossed around by a little kid. I can already assume how he's going to grow up.

Maskim
Nov 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
My wife has yet to experience any...facial humping. In game that is. *rim shot*

Yoiyami
Nov 14, 2006, 03:08 PM
I switched to the PS2 version. Just about everyone assumes I'm a guy, so I'm perfectly safe. ....Until they find out I'm not. >_>;

Most of the guys that are aroused by pixels are preteens and teenagers. So there's really no reason to take them as seriously as they'd like you to. Just keep walking and they'll start feeling stupid. Don't humor them.

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 03:11 PM
lol he doesn't even know what he's dealing with...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/Gonz886/wow.gif

SleazyDZ
Nov 14, 2006, 03:11 PM
Anyone who waste time getting off on video games needs to wrap there lips around a berral or find a very tall building.

XeroSum
Nov 14, 2006, 03:20 PM
My wife was a diehard fan of PSO, and when she heard that PSU was coming to the 360 she went out and picked herself up a 360 and PSU.
First time she logged in with her new Female character she sexually harrased by numerous gamers to the point where she told them off and did the slap animation(LOL). In Rafin field base she went to use the restroom and a jerk start humping the face of her character using an animation that I am sure wasn't meant for that.
I quickly of course told him to stop and he used the / key in between letters to say some pretty rude things.
She is constantly having remarks said to her and she is getting annoyed. Don't men who play have their own women? Her and I both understand that people everywhere can be jerks but shouldn't she be able to play a game without being harrassed. I do know that if they said those remarks to her in real life, they would sorely regret it, seeing she is a 2nd Black Belt in TKD, and other styles, albeit she probably wouldn't kick their butt because of her training and legal issues.
I'm sure that this post will be infested with immature and sexest remarks but to be honest those sexest remakes just prove my point! I am a gentleman through and through, and life virtual or real would be a much better place if Dads like my self try to instill respectfulness in their sons towards the fairer sex. My Dad said the statement below when I was a teen. It has stuck with me for over 20 years, and I have relayed that statement to my sons as they get ready to date the fairer sex!
A rose should always be treated like a rose, even if its not the most beautiful one in the bouquet!

dont think people do it just because your wife is female.. they do it just because... dont you find it strangely odd that the TALLEST chars waist is at the head of the shortest??? my beast is the tallest.. so when i see anyone thats the shortest height i sheer infront of their face just because.. if she gets offended by what some teeanges do to giggle, then she shouldnt be on the internet OR maybe she should be a little more light hearted and shug it off, theres no sense in getting bent out of shape over something to trivial
i work at a gaming center and theres always a bunch of fat, greasey perverted teens being tards, and i either throw stuff at them tell them to shut up or ignore them, i suggest you do the latter

parabolee
Nov 14, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think people are going a little overboard on this.

For a start the people in question probably had no idea your wife was in fact a girl. Plenty of guys use female characters, my second character is female I am also often the victim of animation violation, and you know what? IT'S FUNNY!

Seriously people we are not talking about racism or actual sexual harassment! This is just light hearted humour! To be honest the dancing and face grinding never get old in my opinion. It's just funny! It's just a game let's not take it too seriously, our avatars are not actually being abused.

Now any time guys actually hear your wife speak and know she is a girl and then harass her, then they are dick heads and I will not defend them in any way. But using the character animations in amusing sexual ways is just light hearted humour, most of the time there is no sexism involved because the people involved have no clue that the other player is really female. And I doubt they even care because that is not what makes it funny.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 14, 2006, 03:34 PM
I havent seen this problem on ps2/pc as of yet >.> though I have seen female chars hit on, nothing serious yet

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the Club. Don't take the anger out here though. Your wife needs to learn how to deal with people online such as blocking them, booting them, walking away, blacklisting, etc. There are may and not only females who are treated with disrespect on PSU. I was called a f*cker many times. We all get it and it's just not females. My sister actually never had a bad experience on PSU.

If your wife really has thoese kinds of troubles then tell her not to use the mic untill she finds someone with a little respect in a party. If not, use a keyboard or shortcuts. Best thing to do is ignore the rude people in the community. Women are usually very good at ignoring others, why not let your wife apply that online.

It's somthing your going to deal with in an online community, FEMALE OR NOT. If she can't handel such a commuity that likes to joke around and maybe be mean then online just may not be for her. Please, I'm sure your a good husband. You don't need this topic in my opinion but assuming you have a lot more online commuity exp, you would just tell her to ignore them.

Not trying to be mean or anything. Just telling you the straight up truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Females may get it alot but a strong female would just shrugg it off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-14 12:46 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
Come on bro, just tell your wife to let it slide. We get it all the time. It may be best for her to play in lest populated universes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 03:46 PM
I just laugh when I see people hitting on female sprites because the character is usually relishing in the attention.

On the off chance someone doesn't want to be in the spotlight, I'll invite them into my party and we'll start a mission.

Granted, the latter doesn't happen very often. If your wife is being harrassed the best thing to do is blacklist the offending party and join a game.

_Deliverance_
Nov 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:32, parabolee wrote:

For a start the people in question probably had no idea your wife was in fact a girl. Plenty of guys use female characters, my second character is female I am also often the victim of animation violation, and you know what? IT'S FUNNY!

Seriously people we are not talking about racism or actual sexual harassment! This is just light hearted humour! To be honest the dancing and face grinding never get old in my opinion. It's just funny! It's just a game let's not take it too seriously, our avatars are not actually being abused.

Now any time guys actually hear your wife speak and know she is a girl and then harass her, then they are dick heads and I will not defend them in any way. But using the character animations in amusing sexual ways is just light hearted humour, most of the time there is no sexism involved because the people involved have no clue that the other player is really female. And I doubt they even care because that is not what makes it funny.

You'd think that an 'enlightened one' such as yourself would read the whole post. There were rude comments as well.

All I can say to the OP, is that the stereotype for Xbox players, definately holds some weight. It sucks, but it is what it is. Best make use of the black list function.

prismsub5
Nov 14, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:47, _Deliverance_ wrote:
All I can say to the OP, is that the stereotype for Xbox players, definately holds some weight. It sucks, but it is what it is. Best make use of the black list function.

It doesn't matter which console, i've been hit on about every version of pso/u http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mouseklip
Nov 14, 2006, 03:59 PM
As much as I hate to say, a large number of people who play PSU don't have girlfriends or any form of a woman in their lives. Mainly the people who already have a character (on the US server) who is higher than level 40 or who have a level 50+ TECH PM. So most people are jerks and think they are cool for harassing the minority of women who play PSU. Just ignore the little fourteen year old kids who think they are cool for making fun of someone over the internet who would kick their *** in real life.

Razorback
Nov 14, 2006, 04:00 PM
Well, you have to understand that the kids/ teenagers that play this game, dont get much female contact, and get pissed about not having a life or girlfriend or girls that are friends, so they come online and harrasse people because, what can you really do but argue back. So just forget them, those people will never get laid

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 04:01 PM
The best advice I can give is "sticks and stones".

Generally I just take insults with a grain of salt, but then again, I'm used to it.

Thick skin goes a long ways in this world.

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
Just because people give lap dances to female characters IN A GAME, doesn't mean that they go out on the street and do this to random people. I think it's funny, and when I see this happen, everyone, including the female character, start laughing. Now, when people start making lude, and sexist comments, then yeah I agree with you. But if you are complaining about someone dancing in front/on a female character, you've got problems.

Kent
Nov 14, 2006, 04:13 PM
Excuse the depicted language, but you'll have to agree that this is definitely fitting:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

Seriously. You're on the internet. Not everyone's polite (nor are they in real life), but that doesn't mean everyone's a complete ass, either. You'd never catch someone like me hitting on your wife, regardless of the version on which she plays - some of us have dignity, still.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 04:17 PM
Blame Chuck Norris.

He round-house kicked Chivalry. That's why it's dead.

twopartsdone
Nov 14, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:00, Razorback wrote:
Well, you have to understand that the kids/ teenagers that play this game, dont get much female contact, and get pissed about not having a life or girlfriend or girls that are friends, so they come online and harrasse people because, what can you really do but argue back. So just forget them, those people will never get laid

The word frustration comes to mind =P

KirinDave
Nov 14, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:20, XeroSum wrote:
dont think people do it just because your wife is female.. they do it just because... dont you find it strangely odd that the TALLEST chars waist is at the head of the shortest??? my beast is the tallest.. so when i see anyone thats the shortest height i sheer infront of their face just because..

Is anyone else here old enough to remember when you were like this? Ahh, high school, a Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy.

if she gets offended by what some teeanges do to giggle, then she shouldnt be on the internet OR maybe she should be a little more light hearted and shug it off, theres no sense in getting bent out of shape over something to trivial
i work at a gaming center and theres always a bunch of fat, greasey perverted teens being tards, and i either throw stuff at them tell them to shut up or ignore them, i suggest you do the latter

What bums me out is that it's socially acceptable for teenagers to be like that. I recently joined a game with 4 high schoolers who were extreme asses. Just, complete homophobic vitriol from their mouths. They were also profoundly insecure, when I castigated one for his attitude towards women, his friends immediately went from making annoying jokes about me to making jokes about him and his family.

Adults should try and be positive influences (or at least not negative ones) with kids. So the best you can do is ignore the problem, and beyond that do your best to make it clear that the behavior in question is not only rude, but it's lame.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 04:24 PM
I am female and I hit on hot males or females in-game, it's just a joke and I do not give a shit. It's your char that's hot, you're likely some freak. But yeah I totally got pictures of your char while you were idling.

WHO THE FUCK CARES? If you care so much, make a huge, fat, ugly char. Oh, you don't wanna do that? Then deal. This isn't real life.

The humping peoples' faces though is getting annoying. It's just so fucking predictable, though the main reason I don't like it is that I hate people standing inside my character model. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:24, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I am female and I hit on hot males or females in-game, it's just a joke and I do not give a shit. It's your char that's hot, you're likely some freak. But yeah I totally got pictures of your char while you were idling.

WHO THE FUCK CARES? If you care so much, make a huge, fat, ugly char. Oh, you don't wanna do that? Then deal. This isn't real life.

The humping peoples' faces though is getting annoying. It's just so fucking predictable, though the main reason I don't like it is that I hate people standing inside my character model. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Well said. =)

Now pics of you.

KirinDave
Nov 14, 2006, 04:42 PM
I am female and I hit on hot males or females in-game, it's just a joke and I do not give a shit.

This thread is not about how it makes you feel when you do it. It's about how it makes other people feel.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Obviously, the OP and his s.o. do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2006-11-14 13:44 ]</font>

XeroSum
Nov 14, 2006, 04:42 PM

so true.... but the fat people you can make dont look like COOL fat people

..they have weird egg or pear shapes **vomit**

why dont you like people inside your character model???

EphekZ
Nov 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
It's fucking game. if someone was actually going to people in real life and doing that; then yes, That is very rude and, well, disgusting. it's just a fucking character model moving near your char. move then.

Now some fuckhead is going to pull up some crap about "what it symbolizes". THEN DON'T LOOK AT IT SYMBOLLICALLY. Deal with it, go play and ignore it if It really makes you mad.

edit: man typo city http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

edit 2: People, browse the forums BEFORE you post, this is another thread( like the last 50) that belong in rants. There are other forums(like rants) to clear up crap not related to General PSU or the gameplay of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-14 13:52 ]</font>

littleman2347
Nov 14, 2006, 04:52 PM
i know what you mean i know a few woman players there cool its you need to just relieze there just some dumb ass kids with no respect. It's bad enough that we have only a few girl we just need to be cool with everyone and not make rude remakes like these kind of things. nice guys stand up for this!! I mean if this is how you get your kick you have no life at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-11-14 13:55 ]</font>

XeroSum
Nov 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:42, KirinDave wrote:

I am female and I hit on hot males or females in-game, it's just a joke and I do not give a shit.

This thread is not about how it makes you feel when you do it. It's about how it makes other people feel.

the point is that its the INTERNET you just have to deal with it
whining on here wont change anything - hell - whining anywhere wont do anything about it
the e-sexual harassment police arent gonna come and lock away all the immature people on the internet just because some uptight people cant handle people joking around

thats the point of videogames - to get AWAY from reality if it were real it would be different, but its NOT so DEAL with it
before you log into you char you AGREE to understanding that what people say or do could affect you, your feelings your gameplay or whatever

warnings are put in place for a reason when you see a sign going towards a place with hazards and ignore it and end up getting hurt, you dont sue do you? no because you were warned
so stop whining PLEASE

the only reason you say that its not about how shimarisu feels is because you DONT care how she feels just like I dont care how artorious' wife feels, no offence but its just the ugly truth

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XeroSum on 2006-11-14 14:10 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 05:34 PM
The biggest joke here is that 90% of the male chars I say "you are hawt" too say "LOL, thanks," whereas the female chars say shit like ":/".

Now it's interesting to note that A. I play a male char, and B. that most those people saying ":/" are guys irl.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT PLAYING A FEMALE CHARACTER THAT MAKES PEOPLE FEEL ALL VUNERABLE AND ABUSED?

chibiLegolas
Nov 14, 2006, 05:39 PM
If I get harrassed online, I think it's rather rare.
I tend to just ignore the person and stay mature about the situation. To yell, insult, and ESPECIALLY sound upset about it just entises them further.
I try to sound calm and ignore them while starting up a conversation with someone else in the area to further show that I'm totally ignoring the perpetrator.
Usually, they'd loose interest and leave you alone.
I leave running away as an absolute last resort. Running away sometimes makes dedicated idiots want to chase you down.

More often than not, I've been mistaken as a predelecent boy than a women. So it's more like I'm harrassed to satisfy their curiosity and prove who I am. And I have no such desire. But sometimes, they'd keep prying.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 05:48 PM
The most comedic thing here is how the OP is the most sexist post in this thread.

XeroSum
Nov 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:
The biggest joke here is that 90% of the male chars I say "you are hawt" too say "LOL, thanks," whereas the female chars say shit like ":/".

Now it's interesting to note that A. I play a male char, and B. that most those people saying ":/" are guys irl.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT PLAYING A FEMALE CHARACTER THAT MAKES PEOPLE FEEL ALL VUNERABLE AND ABUSED?

maybe its psychological http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i remember me and 5 friends have a stand off with anothe grou of 6... and it waslike they were us.. it was kind of weird.. so we a;ll stood in a line and did a post thing.. ahhah then they started following us around and stuff and we got annoyed so we all went to a different universe... they had no clue where we went.. and we never saw them again

so if you ever have any problems with harassment.. just join a random party or change universes... problem solved

etlitch
Nov 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
gentlemen? like the ones you find in a "gentlemens club"?

drmcst45
Nov 14, 2006, 05:52 PM
I've been called the N word and a bunch of other random profanities just as i join a random game only to be booted in seconds.

i've also been humped in the lobbies as well but i'm sure not as often as your wife.

ba-zing!

KirinDave
Nov 14, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:46, darkgunner wrote:
It's fucking game. if someone was actually going to people in real life and doing that; then yes, That is very rude and, well, disgusting. it's just a fucking character model moving near your char. move then.

This is a common argument, but it's flawed. PSU is just a game. What you say to other people is social interaction. Can you call your mother a cunt without offending her because you're sitting around a friendly game of scrabble?

PSU is a game. The people you meet in online more are real. What you say to them is not a game.

Apathy
Nov 14, 2006, 06:01 PM
Lets put it this way .. female gamers are NOT weak, we are NOT vulnerable. Whenever some jerk has tried to over step his bounds I have emasculated him in front of his little piss-ant peers everytime; actualy making them walk out of my party because THEY were offened (boo hoo) .. Girls need to realize that alot of the boys are self-concious little jerks who feel protected with anonimity of thier internet and they in fact feel big by doing such a thing. Remind them of how small they are. Turn around is fair play ... If they dont care about my feelings I sure as heck am going out of my way to screw with theirs.

If you are offended quit playing victim and fight back. Im already earning the title of -itch of PSU with some people who now avoid me like the plauge because they thought i was going to sit by for some bigoted comment or e-violation joke .. And you know what? I dont care.. Im not going to sit by and LET myself take this crap.

Be nice to me and Ill be nice to you... 'nuff said.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
"Life sucks, so deal with it"- true

"Videogames are ment to get away from reality"- true

"Warning are there to protect us, but not always read nor at times obvious to us"- true

"While on the internet, people are not always aware of the other players gender nor disposition, unless those people have privioulsy contacted each other or know eachother in real life"- true

"Emotes and such used in a sexual mannor can be taken to a point, this point ranges greatly from person to person, unless you are enjoying the light joke in how the emote and the position of the avatars makes it to appear to be sugesting somthing else"- true

"If a players avatar is preforming an emote in a sexual maner to your avatar one of the things you can do is simply move away, ask them to stop, or some combination of the both. If the player proceds to do so the few and unfortunately only ways to stop them from doing so is to black list them, boot them from your party if you are able to do so, or change to a different server"- true

"Cursing or typeing profanity at times dose not help to make a point, on a topic such as this it dose not, but it can make a point more definant at times"- true

"Not caring about anothers emotions is common, which is also part of life"- true

"As for some of us who are not married we probably do not know the underlying message what Artorius is trying to say, and I am most likely one of those people"- Plasable

Quote:
-----------------------
Artorius wrote:

"My Dad said the statement below when I was a teen. It has stuck with me for over 20 years"
-----------------------

"A rose should always be treated like a rose, even if its not the most beautiful one in the bouquet!"- Holy Moses I should never forget that quote

"Treat others how you wish to be treated, or you could say it as respect others how you wish to be respected. Some have evidentaly commpleatly disregarded this and they stick out like fresh blood splatters in a white room and are noticed the same way"- also and very sadly, True

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-11-14 15:28 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-11-14 14:57, KirinDave wrote:

This is a common argument, but it's flawed. PSU is just a game. What you say to other people is social interaction. Can you call your mother a cunt without offending her because you're sitting around a friendly game of scrabble?

PSU is a game. The people you meet in online more are real. What you say to them is not a game.

The difference is you're playing a game online. Online games grant any individual anominity, and anything said or done has no real world consequences.

Playing a game of scrabble, you're not only perfectly visible, but you're within arms' reach of whomever you direct your obscenity at. Such language towards one's parents genrally results in severe bruising of the face and ego.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-14 15:39 ]</font>

BooChan
Nov 14, 2006, 06:39 PM
Notice the topic creator said the 360 version. She she is most likely using voice chat. So the guys know she is female. Seeing thought bubbles on the PS2 and PC versions is one thing but actually hearing the BS is another. Most of the guys are not teens but young men between the ages of 18-25. There is no excuse for rude and obnoxious behavior whether it is the internet or not. If you won't say that garbage to someone face in real life then don't do do online. Sure she could mute or just leave games but thats just runnng away from the problem. And argueing and being a bitch just makes it worse if you don't have someone to back you up. Its a waste of time. Its not about being a victim. No one should feel alienated because of their sex or race when playing a videogame. I feel its up to Sega since it is their servers to regulate some sense of decorum or behavior regulations. On the 360 you can provide feedback. But unless the person is just cheating or has numerous offeses that person will not be banned. Thats why I'm against voice chat in these types of games. Too many male gamers with mental issues.

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2006, 06:49 PM
Sometimes...sometimes...I'm completely and utterly ashamed of my age group/gender...

DonRoyale
Nov 14, 2006, 06:55 PM
Do you want to know a simple way to stop this? If your wife really dosen't like this stuff then the simple solution would be to make an ugly female character because then people will harass her probably less.

_Tek_
Nov 14, 2006, 07:03 PM
wheres the "lol its a video game" option?

Skye-Fox713
Nov 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
Schubalts wrote:

indeed

-----------------------
SereneShadows wrote:
Do you want to know a simple way to stop this? If your wife really dosen't like this stuff then the simple solution would be to make an ugly female character because then people will harass her probably less.

this is also a very valid point, and yes that is also one of the ways you can go about it

Kent
Nov 14, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-11-14 15:55, SereneShadows wrote:

I'm not sure about "less," but the harassment would certainly come in a different form, for the most part.

Rider
Nov 14, 2006, 07:27 PM
Never had that happen to me on the PC/PS2. I only got hit on once so far out of the blue like that by some immature person.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:20, XeroSum wrote:

dont think people do it just because your wife is female.. they do it just because... dont you find it strangely odd that the TALLEST chars waist is at the head of the shortest??? my beast is the tallest.. so when i see anyone thats the shortest height i sheer infront of their face just because.. if she gets offended by what some teeanges do to giggle, then she shouldnt be on the internet OR maybe she should be a little more light hearted and shug it off, theres no sense in getting bent out of shape over something to trivial

Trust me, we both shrug it off. I also know that they are teen boys acting sexest, because they don't know any better and their parents never enlightened them on how to treat the opposite sex.
I am not bothered by the child as much what kinda parents would let a child act that way.
My wife and I monitor everywhere our children go on the internet, the games they play, and the movies and television shows they watch, it's part of being a good parent.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 07:54 PM

How do you figure making sexual remarks and trying to hump someones face light humor if the person your doing to doesn't like it? Do you still find it funny? In my opinion if you find things like that funny then you are part of the problem! Light humor is a knock knock joke. Not rubbing your rear on someones head or perverting a innocent animation into something that is unacceptable.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:42, Ryogen wrote:
Welcome to the Club. Don't take the anger out here though. Your wife needs to learn how to deal with people online such as blocking them, booting them, walking away, blacklisting, etc. There are may and not only females who are treated with disrespect on PSU. I was called a f*cker many times. We all get it and it's just not females. My sister actually never had a bad experience on PSU.

If your wife really has thoese kinds of troubles then tell her not to use the mic untill she finds someone with a little respect in a party. If not, use a keyboard or shortcuts. Best thing to do is ignore the rude people in the community. Women are usually very good at ignoring others, why not let your wife apply that online.

It's somthing your going to deal with in an online community, FEMALE OR NOT. If she can't handel such a commuity that likes to joke around and maybe be mean then online just may not be for her. Please, I'm sure your a good husband. You don't need this topic in my opinion but assuming you have a lot more online commuity exp, you would just tell her to ignore them.

Not trying to be mean or anything. Just telling you the straight up truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Females may get it alot but a strong female would just shrugg it off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-14 12:46 ]</font>

All the ones who are saying your wife needs to do this or that, need to take a chill pill I brought this up to see how many people were bothered by such ignorant behavior and I guess from the posts alot of people are bothered by it. We are smart, yes we know how to mute, block, ignore etc. It's simple in the real world or virtual there are always gonna be jerks! I wouldn't jump off the train of life cause someone was an A**hole, nor would my wife we just go on with our lives, in PSU it's the same thing, there are going to be jerks online I have know that for a very long time, as does my wife, we still play and do what we have to in order to ignore the idiots out there and still have fun, and we do have fun!!
I was a teen once, shocking you say. Well yes I was, and I personally never treated females or people playing females in games in a sexest way, I guess it's my upbringing, and I guess the reason why those teen boys act that way is because of lack of upbringing!!

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:05, AndrewLD16 wrote:
Just because people give lap dances to female characters IN A GAME, doesn't mean that they go out on the street and do this to random people. I think it's funny, and when I see this happen, everyone, including the female character, start laughing. Now, when people start making lude, and sexist comments, then yeah I agree with you. But if you are complaining about someone dancing in front/on a female character, you've got problems.

LEARN TO READ!!!

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 08:09 PM
*sigh* thus why I am on PC version.....To avoid idiots....like...real idiots

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 08:09 PM

Now some fuckhead is going to pull up some crap about "what it symbolizes". THEN DON'T LOOK AT IT SYMBOLLICALLY. Deal with it, go play and ignore it if It really makes you mad.

edit: man typo city http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

edit 2: People, browse the forums BEFORE you post, this is another thread( like the last 50) that belong in rants. There are other forums(like rants) to clear up crap not related to General PSU or the gameplay of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-14 13:52 ]</font>

Why is a person attitude excused online but unacceptable in the real world. That makes no sense at all. Unacceptable behavior is Unacceptable behavior online or off.

Artorius
Nov 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-11-14 15:01, Apathy wrote:
Lets put it this way .. female gamers are NOT weak, we are NOT vulnerable. Whenever some jerk has tried to over step his bounds I have emasculated him in front of his little piss-ant peers everytime; actualy making them walk out of my party because THEY were offened (boo hoo) .. Girls need to realize that alot of the boys are self-concious little jerks who feel protected with anonimity of thier internet and they in fact feel big by doing such a thing. Remind them of how small they are. Turn around is fair play ... If they dont care about my feelings I sure as heck am going out of my way to screw with theirs.

If you are offended quit playing victim and fight back. Im already earning the title of -itch of PSU with some people who now avoid me like the plauge because they thought i was going to sit by for some bigoted comment or e-violation joke .. And you know what? I dont care.. Im not going to sit by and LET myself take this crap.

My wife is far from weak, she is an martial arts instructor in a school for problem kids and she is not meek, timid or any of the above. we our own school. Every time someone said something to her in a game she said what she wanted to them without hesitation. Someone put it this way PSU is a game but when you begin to converse with someone that is social interaction and you are talking with real people not their characters.In the real world someone calls you a name or what not, you might get offended. So what makes playing a game and having someone be an ass change that? They are talking to a A.I. character that are acting ignorant to a real person.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 08:18 PM
This problem hits every platform.

Last I checked the "Pick up" emote wasn't console-specific.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 08:18 PM
Okay...Here's what you do...you and your wife should both switch to the ps2/PC servers and play with me! I love meeting cupples on psu! it's so...dare I say it? ROMATNIC!

Rageking
Nov 14, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-11-14 15:55, SereneShadows wrote:

lol, no.....they'd probaly make even more fun of her.....

Iecur
Nov 14, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:54, prismsub5 wrote:

It doesn't matter which console, i've been hit on about every version of pso/u http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lol Yup. I've never had anything as bad as what the original poster wrote though. We should just kill all humans and let some other species try to prevail.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-11-14 17:18, coolcat33333 wrote:
Okay...Here's what you do...you and your wife should both switch to the ps2/PC servers and play with me! I love meeting cupples on psu! it's so...dare I say it? ROMATNIC!

The only difference between Vcal abuse and verbal abuse is that with verbal abuse everyone can see it. At least when they're using a mic only the people in the party can hear it.

Genobee
Nov 14, 2006, 08:31 PM
lol but dood your acting like the internet climed out of your computer and raped your wife.

so guy rubbed his digital go nads on your wifes digital face. OH NOES! SOME ONE CALL THE PC POLICE!

and I bet you 20 bucks she was on universe 1 when it happened too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-14 17:35 ]</font>

Pentence
Nov 14, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-11-14 13:52, littleman2347 wrote:
i know what you mean i know a few woman players there cool its you need to just relieze there just some dumb ass kids with no respect. It's bad enough that we have only a few girl we just need to be cool with everyone and not make rude remakes like these kind of things. nice guys stand up for this!! I mean if this is how you get your kick you have no life at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-11-14 13:55 ]</font>

I hear that bro,some guy was mocking me last night for not haveing a women in realife.I didnt remark but continued to discuss things with a friend.Just by the words tho i could conclude this guy had some issues,sadly its worse with xboxlive ,as an avid halo and battlefield player i know the comunity.That is the exact reason i did NOT get it for the 360,its bad enough these people do and say some seriously dumb things but i do not wish to hear their idiotic voices as well.

Ok sorry about the rant,even when i see people doing dumb things like that ill step in and tell em to shove off.Ill admit i have egged on a few then stooped a bit to grind them, verbaly mudering their ego,but in the end i know it wont stop.The best thing to do is play where there is a better comunity.I refuse to play on populated servers for this reason so i play on psow universe usualy,most of us are not simple minded jerks.

Zorafim
Nov 14, 2006, 08:32 PM
On a similar subject, though still off topic, I wish to speak of a certain type of primate. You've probably never heard of this particular animal, nor do I remember if they are monkeys or apes. They are packing animals, preferring to stay in groups rather than living alone. Groups always tend to have leaders, and members under leaders always want to challenge their power. Is these groups, if a lesser member challenges the leader, it often results in a fight that won't end in serious injury. The winner of the fight is recognized as the new leader of the pack. Often, to signify that the new leader has won the match, he will hump the other primate, despite them both being male. No actual penetration occurs, nor is any sexual pleasure felt. This is just a way of saying that one ape is dominant over the other.

I bring this up because I think similar behavior is seen in the actions these players. Though one party may not recognize what they're doing as such (as I'm sure the aforementioned primates do not), the other gets insulted at the other player's lack of respect. This may be no different than walking up to somebody and spitting on him, or slapping him across the face. No real harm is done, but you are implying that you have some dominance over the other player.

Please don't be a monkey. Respect other players.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 14, 2006, 08:41 PM
Zorafim wrote:
-----------------------
Please don't be a monkey. Respect other players.
-----------------------

indeed!

Merumeru
Nov 14, 2006, 09:25 PM
XD guys have only did like humping dances on me, but im sure i act way too manly for any guy to find me attractive

Zorafim
Nov 14, 2006, 09:33 PM
I don't know, being mature is an attractive trait in a woman. Unless, by manly, you mean a jerk. In that case, see you later.

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-11-14 17:17, Artorius wrote:

My wife is far from weak, she is an martial arts instructor in a school for problem kids and she is not meek, timid or any of the above.

So why are you defending her? If she dosen't cry over it bro then ya don't need to protect her or tell others. She got it.

Apathy
Nov 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-11-14 19:50, Ryogen wrote:

On 2006-11-14 17:17, Artorius wrote:

My wife is far from weak, she is an martial arts instructor in a school for problem kids and she is not meek, timid or any of the above.

So why are you defending her? If she dosen't cry over it bro then ya don't need to protect her or tell others. She got it.

Thankyou Ryo you beat me to it.

There are some girls with the ovaries to stand up for themselves, and some who arent. You dont see my boyfriend posting on here trying to fight my fights every time some jack ass gets fresh with me. I respect him for that. Having confidnce in my own strength. The internet is full of nice people and disgusting jack asses, its the law of the dumping ground we play on .. Im of the school "fight or get over it." or perhaps thats just cause im jaded.. who the heck knows.

Collar
Nov 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
"Honestly, I've never had a problem. Why? I just don't talk about my real life all that much. No point to it. It's a freaking video game. Just play, yap about whatever, and if someone tries to dish out nonsense - get rid of it. Kick, blacklist, ignore, etc. Plenty of options.

As entertaining as it is to watch people pull nonsense out of their @#$es based off of lackluster guesses on one's person, it just gets annoying after a while.

Merumeru
Nov 14, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:33, Zorafim wrote:
I don't know, being mature is an attractive trait in a woman. Unless, by manly, you mean a jerk. In that case, see you later.

nah XD manly meaning telling people off who bother me and making jokes at peoples expense for fun...

..oh shi- that is a jerk XD ah well, que sera sera~

myomer
Nov 14, 2006, 11:35 PM
As many have said welcome to the net, where anonymity means you can act any way you want. I'm sure most of these are people who are not that successful with women in real life, but I'm just as sure it's also just regular people who feel they can act this way because it can't be traced back to them. My wife has been harrassed online many times, and the times I play female chars I get it too. Usually when they persist is when I hit the abuse report and ignore functions of the game. Mods and GMs usually have low tolerances for behavior like that.

As to defending his wife.... c'mon guys, I can be married to She-Hulk (rawr!) and I'd still feel compelled to defend her. That's the thing we guys do, regardless of how stupid or unecessary it sometimes is. And ladies, you already know how silly we are (but still love us despite of it), why surprised at trying to defend you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:23 AM
Yea but he doesn't need to make a topic over 3 forums about it, I just noticed he went out of his way to make it on the PSU offical forums aswell.

If his wife is so offened why have we yet to hear fomr her....... overpertective if you ask me.

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:23, Genobee wrote:
Yea but he doesn't need to make a topic over 3 forums about it, I just noticed he went out of his way to make it on the PSU offical forums aswell.

If his wife is so offened why have we yet to hear fomr her....... overpertective if you ask me.

So he can feel better about himself thinking he did his "knight in shining armor" song and dance. What it comes down to that its obvious its wrong, its sad men(boys lol) act that way. But unless you have alot of frequent flier miles your wasting your breath even yelling at the little crumb snatchers.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:34 AM
yea but you might as well try to come up witha cure to homosexuality....

DarkSeph
Nov 15, 2006, 12:35 AM
LOL! What they need is a "Zone" and other characters can't enter that "Zone" unless they are given permission?

Right?

LOL!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:38 AM
lol, if you don't like people tocuhing you, use your line sheilds!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
Dont go online advertising your a woman... thats all you need to do. I am married with kids and have always been a gentleman, but the majority of the online comunity (and prob esp the xbox 360 one) is hormonal immature teens that the very scent of a woman drives them mad.

I play female characters but nobody ever bothers me, so that means the diffrence is she is out sending the message that she is a woman because obviously you cant tell from you character.

My X played PSO and she was always chating and stuff and nobody really bothered her eather because she just stuck with a group of friends, but if you just go randomly lotering around your asking for trouble.

Darsh
Nov 15, 2006, 12:58 AM
Also people dont forget, usually that HOT frisky kitty girl you are face humping is usually some 400 pound sweaty man that smells like budussy! Now if you get off on that fact more power too you.

================================================== ==============
Remember : Hard work pays off in the LONG RUN! ...... Lazyness pays off NOW!

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2006, 02:06 AM
Speaking of the above (or, in case somebody posts before me, Darsh's post), I've wanted to flirt with some jerk and tell him I'm a hairy dude on my fembot. I'm hoping to do it just right to scar him for life.

DarkSeph
Nov 15, 2006, 02:06 AM
This is what I'm afraid of.........that PSU will end up like the real world and we will have sexual harassment rules and all that shit........ At some point will people wake up and realize that we are all sexual beings? Things have gone TOO FAR in real life and I'm afraid to see it happen in video games as well..... This shit is never gonna end! until people start acting how they should.....HUMAN!!!

DarkSeph
Nov 15, 2006, 02:07 AM
and by the way, I'm a male character playing a female character and I have already been humped by other characters and whatnot......so what.....it's a game.......

DarkSeph
Nov 15, 2006, 02:11 AM
Oh OH, you know what, I think I just realized why this whole situation bothered your wife in the first place........

SHE'S A GIRL!

If it were like me and it was a guy playing a girl character.............BIG FREAKING DEAL! I could give a shit ya know....... That's the point though, Only women get offended by this stuff......same in games as in real life.....get used to your place in the world and deal with it...

sheesh

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 02:12 AM
^Hahaha, are you freaking serious?

My male force has been humped in the face already by a guy I recognised by his nick as being a professional paramedic I knew from a forum I used to post to.

I didn't like it but it wasn't something I would POST A TOPIC ABOUT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-14 23:14 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
you liked it liar

DarkSeph
Nov 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
You know it's because of people like YOU that it's only a matter of time till people start getting arrested because of things that go on in video games...........so give yourself a pat on the back for the continuation of ruining people's lives

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 02:32 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:15, Yoruichi wrote:
you liked it liar

No, I hate people standing in my character model. :O

Also if I wanted to be an internet whore I'd probably be some newearl. Showing her knickers. Or be acting like these chicks, who might I add were surrounded by male admirers:

14:42:01 <Public> GIRL 1
This is my sister everyone ^_^

14:42:05 <Public> GIRL 2
Hiya!

14:42:12 <Public> GIRL 1
She's a ditz, but good in bed so I've heard. he he

14:42:17 <Public> SOME GUY
so hOT!!!!!!!

14:42:17 <Public> GIRL 2
Well hello there.

(They were both lolis. D:)

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 02:34 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:32, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-14 23:15, Yoruichi wrote:
you liked it liar

No, I hate people standing in my character model. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Also if I wanted to be an internet whore I'd probably be some newearl. Showing her knickers. Or be acting like these chicks, who might I add were surrounded by male admirers:

14:42:01 <Public> GIRL 1
This is my sister everyone ^_^

14:42:05 <Public> GIRL 2
Hiya!

14:42:12 <Public> GIRL 1
She's a ditz, but good in bed so I've heard. he he

14:42:17 <Public> SOME GUY
so hOT!!!!!!!

14:42:17 <Public> GIRL 2
Well hello there.

(They were both lolis. D:)

Phht Yeah Yoru she liked it.
Little Yaoi action, naughty naughty .. ::smirk::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-14 23:37 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 04:06 AM
lol the yaoi thing she was in was in a shop few days ago and i missed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 04:18 AM
Yeah, cause hitting on my best friend in a completely jokey fashion equals being face grinded by an ugly cast who is also relatively a total stranger.

TOTALLY GETTING OFF ON THIS.

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 04:21 AM
Lol calm down, we are just teasing you

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 04:47 AM
"You know what can get annoying? Having someone run around you in circles for a good few minutes, especially when they don't give a reason why. I do it out of habit when I'm faced with boredom.

It's not as bad as the whole other thing, but at least it's not, yet another, flagrant attempt at trying to push down an e-peen sized teabagging in a video game. It's like a meme on a forum. It'll die off. It dies faster when you just don't care. Also -

On 2006-11-15 01:18, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yeah, cause hitting on my best friend in a completely jokey fashion equals being face grinded by an ugly cast who is also relatively a total stranger.

"Kinky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 01:48 ]</font>

Artorius
Nov 15, 2006, 07:21 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:11, DarkSeph wrote:
Oh OH, you know what, I think I just realized why this whole situation bothered your wife in the first place........

SHE'S A GIRL!

If it were like me and it was a guy playing a girl character.............BIG FREAKING DEAL! I could give a shit ya know....... That's the point though, Only women get offended by this stuff......same in games as in real life.....get used to your place in the world and deal with it...

sheesh

LOL. Are trying to say women have a place in the world and what place is that?
My wife has every right to be offended by a**holes online and off, sorry to burst your bubble there is a such thing as acceptable social behavior no matter where you are! Why people think that they can act like morons online but be the perfect gentlemen in the real world? That tells me in the real world they fake it, but online they act like they truly are!

Artorius
Nov 15, 2006, 07:24 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:15, DarkSeph wrote:
You know it's because of people like YOU that it's only a matter of time till people start getting arrested because of things that go on in video games...........so give yourself a pat on the back for the continuation of ruining people's lives

If your life is only about video games then you need a life. I'm guessing you are one of those people that this post is about!

1337Beeb
Nov 15, 2006, 08:06 AM
Is your wife hot?

Miyoko
Nov 15, 2006, 08:10 AM
Here's what you do if you're a female gamer getting harrassed:

Step 1. Plug in keyboard.
Step 2. Turn off Microphone.
Step 3. Tell the harrasser you're a male, with a penis undoubtably larger than theirs.
Step 4. ????
Step 5. PROFIT!

On a more serious note, I've had stalkers in MMOs before, and it can get quite scarey. :/ Just because it's a game, or in an online world, doesn't mean it can't get out of hand.

Artorius
Nov 15, 2006, 08:17 AM
On 2006-11-15 05:06, 1337Beeb wrote:
Is your wife hot?

Very, but she is a very humble person and would never admit it!
But I have no problem saying it. I am very lucky, she is strong, says what's on her mind, she is smart, fun, and it's a constant pleasure to be able to spend my life with her! I am truly blessed.
I don't deserve her! LOL

1337Beeb
Nov 15, 2006, 08:35 AM
Haha, swell XD

Superguppie
Nov 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
Hmmm, I remember sitting in a lobby with my FOnewearl on PSO. Got lots of attention, mostly from HUmars. When I was fed up I just typed 'BURP', and off they went. One even remarked 'Oh, you're a guy'. What a pathetic bunch they were.
Like I said in the poll on behavior, wherever there is interaction between people, you don't have the right to be an @$$hole.
Also, I totaly fail to see why people assume RL-things about the player behind a character, or even why it is of interest to know. Online characters allow you to hide. You don't know anything about the other RL person. And for the games sake you don't need to know.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm with the stop whining group. I really hope your wife doesn't lose sleep over this. Personally to me you sound more like a jealous husband trying to play the Knight in Shining Armor.

Should people have manners online? Yes. Do they HAVE to have manners online? No. Basically what you want is everyone to become the same manner-bot. Fact is these perverts running around add "character" to the game, because get this crazy concept "PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT" . Think of life like a plot line, wouldn't it be lame if every character was the same polite gentleman?

If she doesn't want to be harassed stick to single player mode and games. Then again I don't see her complaining, just you.

parabolee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:17 AM

You'd think that an 'enlightened one' such as yourself would read the whole post. There were rude comments as well.

All I can say to the OP, is that the stereotype for Xbox players, definitely holds some weight. It sucks, but it is what it is. Best make use of the black list function.

I think you have miss understood the thrust of my post, I was merely referring to the area that was being discussed by others, which was the humping the face of her character, which I thought I made clear.

As for the "constantly having remarks said to her", we are not offered information on if that was in voice chat or not and I spoke to that point by saying that if it was not then they probably were just joking around and had no idea she was even an actual girl (most of them are not). I play as a female and this happens, but I take it as a joke, because I believe that is all it is meant to be. I can not speak to all situations of course but I have yet to experience a truly offending remark made to myself.

If they did hear her speak (and knew she was female)and then made inappropriate remarks then I would be appalled by that, as I said in my post. I have no desire to defend those type of ignorant idiots. But my statement that people are over reacting was only addressing the information regarding the humping the face of her character.

I also disagree this has anything to do with these people being "xbox players". I have found that when I actual have a PS2 game that supports online AND voice chat, that the people act in the exact same manner as those on Xbox. And I personally only find that kind of behavior in competitive games. That statement is cleary system bias. I can gaurantee that the audience on PS3 will act in no more of a gentlemanly manner than those on Xbox.

Penny Arcade said it best -

Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad

But again I find this is not true when the game is co-operative rather than competitive.

Polenicus
Nov 15, 2006, 09:44 AM
Bleh, Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory is the only true constant in the universe. Screw the speed of light in a vacuum, screw gravitation! The internet is where people go to unburden themselves from heavy loads of decency, common sense, and courtesy.

You learn to live with it. Thankfully, there's very little real harm they can do you. In the bad old days of PSO version 1 you had hackers running around offing people (Yes, destroying their characters via data corruption) for the smallest thing.

Just have your wife always set as party leader. Whenever someone is a complete tard, drop them and Blist them. Let the others know why she did that. Repeat as necessary. Card the players who retain some modicum of normalcy, and build up a group of friends so eventually she won't HAVE to party with strangers as much.

Xizore
Nov 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
As far as in game "harassment" goes; who cares? The only thing i can imagine really getting on my nerves is having to listen to the person talk via the xbox live mic system. The "humping" as you have described it is just silly and fun, lighten up a bit, or change zones/universes. Its not like its possible for people to stalk each other(unless you gave them your partner card, maybe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
-_-''' eh... this is exactly the type of problem that fills me with indignation... People suck, I hate them all, including myself (not sui/homicidally though, jus' they all tick me off, myself included, of course.)
My advice, it's best not to dwell on things, just learn from it and move forward, there's not much you can really do, perhaps you could report them (you can do that right? I'm offline, so I what do I know?)

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've met some nice people and some losers who want attention, give your wife my gamertag and PSU name. I'd love to partner up with her and teach people to be respectful

daniel_drago
Nov 15, 2006, 12:39 PM
after reading this all i can realy say is i agree it is wrong and realy pathetic, i don't have any understanding why "children" (i use this term due to it being immature) do this. also this is a tad flame but all of genobees comments so far have been just as pathetic plz die somewere pretty plz

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-11-15 01:18, -Shimarisu- wrote:

::comfort:: Just teasing shim. Lighten up a bit.

On 2006-11-15 01:21, Yoruichi wrote:
Lol calm down, we are just teasing you

LOL your right Yoru ... She is kinda touchy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TangledWeb3917
Nov 15, 2006, 12:58 PM
so that guy is taking how people choose to play their game WAAAY to seriously!! I'm a lady gamer and just yesterday i sat my character down for a bit while I got up to grab a drink ... while i was in the kitchen i heard my b/f laugh a lot so I went back to see what was up.

I was only gone for about 3 mins but it was long enough for 5-7 other male characters to circle around me and hump my face ... it was probably one of the funniest things ive ever seen on PSU so far ... funny enough to get me to join in and help them hump their next target lol

This guy needs to realize that this is just a game ... there’s no need to get all pissy because a digital character is thrusting their non existent digital junk into your characters face ... calm down ... eat a cookie ... and move on with your life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:58, TangledWeb3917 wrote:
so that guy is taking how people choose to play their game WAAAY to seriously!! I'm a lady gamer and just yesterday i sat my character down for a bit while I got up to grab a drink ... while i was in the kitchen i heard my b/f laugh a lot so I went back to see what was up.

I was only gone for about 3 mins but it was long enough for 5-7 other male characters to circle around me and hump my face ... it was probably one of the funniest things ive ever seen on PSU so far ... funny enough to get me to join in and help them hump their next target lol

This guy needs to realize that this is just a game ... there’s no need to get all pissy because a digital character is thrusting their non existent digital junk into your characters face ... calm down ... eat a cookie ... and move on with your life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That is not the only thing they do to females, I've met some real pervs last night while playing and no, there was no humping . I wanted to turn their mics off so bad.
I left the party and gone somewhere els.

TangledWeb3917
Nov 15, 2006, 01:04 PM
whenever I run across a group like that I just unplug my head set and play thru the rest of the game in silence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Talin
Nov 15, 2006, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't get upset about it... I would report each and every occassion of sexual harrassment via the Sega Support channels.

People seem to think that by hiding behind a layr of annonymity that they can get away with being rude and crude. This behavior is not acceptible in real life, and it should not be allowed online either.

"Welcome to the Internet" is an idiodic statement. Just because a situation is known to exist, that does not make it right nor acceptible.

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 01:19 PM
Jeez I can see it now .. My internet will have sexual harassment lawsuits.

This is getting dark, my net will become and extention of the real world... hell what dont we just start trying to create cranial plugs to "jack in" so all this stuff really COULD apply to the real world and there would BE no difference. Then people could go to jail, get sued, and even kicked in the balls for bad online behavior..

Ugh ... give me a break, better yet give me a gun... this is making me want to shoot something.

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 01:21 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:19, Apathy wrote:
Jeez I can see it now .. My internet will have sexual harassment lawsuits.

This is getting dark, my net will become and extention of the real world... hell what dont we just start trying to create cranial plugs to "jack in" so all this stuff really COULD apply to the real world and there would BE no difference. Then people could go to jail, get sued, and even kicked in the balls for bad online behavior..

Ugh ... give me a break, better yet give me a gun... this is making me want to shoot something.

*Gives you a gun and waddles away* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
Thank you MayLee ::begins to spray the room with bullets::

Im serious folks .. where else am i gonna get my own jollies by making some perv feel funny that some girl just sodomized him, causing him to log off with his ego bruised. After he in fact was finding it a great-fun-time, of doing the same to me?

Now all of a sudden i have to worry about online lawsuits and counter lawsuits for fighting back? Do you people even KNOW you can go to jail for excessive force for DEFENDING yourself? THATS the real world folks, and i dont want my internet to BECOME real, where will be the next fronteer of our escapeism be once this place gets regulated to holy-hell. And I know im not the only girl that feels this way.

This subject is really making my head hurt .. I think im done posting in it ... Keep imagining this utopia gusy, the darker shadows behind it would scare you if you actually thought about it for a change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-15 10:32 ]</font>

initial_J
Nov 15, 2006, 02:09 PM
360 users don't forget that you have the option to file a complaint (note that this is different from feedback). You can bring up the Gamer Cards of your party members in the Community section of the PSU menu. If you are not in a party you have to select a player to view their Gamer Card. PSU players don't show up on your recent players list so you need to file the complaint in the game. The community has methods to police itself.

Hope this helps some of you.

Nietzsche
Nov 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
its an easy fix, next update replace the little french maid cast outfits ect with burkas that'll stop it...
nah i think its ridiculous how people act towards girls but anytime i see or hear about i just think about what kind of sex life the guy doing it must have, then i laugh

BladeWindD
Nov 15, 2006, 02:55 PM
This is one crazy world. Real or internet. @_@

Dahilia
Nov 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
Don't men who play have their own women?

Most aren't old enough for one or can't handle a mate. At that rate, they won't be getting one anytime soon.

myomer
Nov 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
It's quite disturbing to have people say hey it's the internet live with it what's the big deal they can defend themselves I'm a lady gamer I'm ok with it stfu you're just a jealous husband blah blah blah.

Whether it's for fun or some real perv getting off, going up to someone you don't even know and just flat out either making suggestive comments and making remarks makes "the internet" or "MMOs" or "multiplayer gaming" a hostile place for female gamers. You guys seriously don't think this stuff is intimidating to female gamers? Ever wonder why there's so few?

I admit, there're a lot of you female gamers out there and take this stuff. Many forget about it, many think it funny. But ask yourself this: is it fair, that you shell out the same amount of bucks, play as skillfully or put in as much time as anyone else, but you ALSO have to "toughen your skin" because you are female? That you even have to go that extra effort just to play something you thought would be fun and interesting?

There's always grey areas to this and of course there's bound to be bantering and what not on games like this; hell in real life, at work, bantering exists. That's why what I'm saying is if it is persistent, and gets in the way of you enjoying your game, then you have every right to complain to authorities about it.

Is the thread/post necessary? Probably not. Is trying to post this in every forum for PSU necessary? No. Like many others have said if it really bothered her, she should pursue avenues available to her. Regardless of all of that though, it is sad that female gamers have to put up with even a small bit of this just so they can participate in the gaming community. That doesn't mean I'm not a perv (quite the opposite): but there is such a thing as being a nice person. I've seen friends meet people on the net and in these games, and then meet in real life and get together; and it did not require at all the kind of behavior you guys are so readily to defend.

But whatever. To the OP, there are blacklists there are complaint emails to ST..... the only thing you'll have by posting here is the debate you see now; it really won't make things "right" with you and your wife's game experience.

Natrokos
Nov 15, 2006, 05:16 PM

LOL sad but true....2/3 of guys are trying hard to make our entire gender look worse then it already does...What better place then an online game.

Just use the blacklist...I have more people on my blacklist then I do on my friends list.

Guys get it too btw...I came back after lunch and found my char being....violated.

Lavernius
Nov 15, 2006, 06:59 PM
Don't worry poster guy: The people who harrass you're wife and the "welcome to online" guys only do that sort of thing because they are completely pathetic in real lif

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:16, Natrokos wrote:

LOL sad but true....2/3 of guys are trying hard to make our entire gender look worse then it already does...What better place then an online game.

Just use the blacklist...I have more people on my blacklist then I do on my friends list.

Guys get it too btw...I came back after lunch and found my char being....violated.

yes yes in the immortal words of Metallica: "It's Sad But True"

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 07:23 PM
I'm just putting this out there, but I think us guys shouldn't be able to play as female characters. Its exactly like cross-dressing, and that's bad.

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2006, 07:30 PM
Such behaviour is unacceptable in any circumstances.

I don't care if you're having a bad day. I couldn't care less if you can't walk the five feet over to the refridgerator. I don't give a **** if you think it's OK to act in such a mannor because "it's the internet." NO ONE retains the right to verbally or physically abuse ANYONE, be they male, female, game sprite or otherwise.

I can't believe people are justifying this idiocy with "welcome to the internet". That excuse is about as valid as writing your name on an election ballad and then voting for yourself. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is this kind of behaviour excusable.

"But we should be expecting this kinda stuff on t3h intarwebz!"

No, we SHOULDN'T expect this ANYWHERE. People should have the common (or uncommon it seems) decency to treat people with respect. You're having a bad day? What about that person? Just because you're pissed off about being grounded for getting caught with dope doesn't mean you can take it out on another human being. You've no idea what some people go through every day. They get home and decide to play a Hack 'n Slash game to relax a little, only to idle for a moment and come back to see their avatar being tea bagged because some high 14 year old thinks it's amusing, or checking their Mailbox to find it full of profanities and vulgar insults. How do you think they feel? To go through the shit they deal with EVERY DAY and then come home to that?

There is NO EXCUSE for that. None. If you think there is then get back on your medication.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 07:33 PM
@Myomer: Basically you're saying it isn't right. We get that. We know that, but what are you going to do about that? Ban them all? Like I said earlier, people are dicks in games just like real life, it's called personality and individualism. Live with it.

As to why the female gaming community is so small, I doubt it's because of online games, if anything it has increased because of it. Character creation appeals to all genders.

@Zeta: Welcome to the internet doesn't do it for you? How about this then.

"Welcome to the real world" Last I checked guys did the same thing in real life (hitting on girls that is) and have been for ages. It's called lust, it attracts us to the opposite (or same for some of you...) sex. Just because some guys are more direct about it, doesn't give you the right to tell them it's wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-15 16:41 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 15, 2006, 07:41 PM
Haha, I have a female character who I RP as a lesbian, so it always confuses the heck out of everyone if I hit on them. It's funny though that since a few of those characters are probably male, I've gotten a big number of positive responses. It's generally just hilarious, and pretty much everyone has traded cards with me, so no harm/no foul.

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:33, GeoHolyhart wrote:

"Welcome to the real world" Last I checked guys did the same thing in real life (hitting on girls that is) and have been for ages. It's called lust, it attracts us to the opposite (or same for some of you...) sex. Just because some guys are more direct about it, doesn't give you the right to tell them it's wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-15 16:41 ]</font>

Just because you're physically attracted to someone doesn't mean you walk up to them and start humping them. I also never said attaraction or lust was wrong. I just said not to be an ass hole about it.

Allow me to reiterate; THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 07:52 PM
I don't really care either way but some chicks like guys hitting on them.
I'm more angry with the fact that there are guys playing as girls. That's worse.

Numnuttz
Nov 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
hmm all i have to say is im sure that all the people who do this is PSU are gone now because DOA xtreme volleyball came out. So they will most likely be humped out by the time they hit PSU.

Also i am a male gamer who made a female that has been humped beyound all measures.

Yachiru
Nov 15, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'm used to it by now.. but it does get highly annoying. My friends and I try to avoid universe 1 & 2 most of the time. One of my guy friends plays a female character, and we constantly get those stupid male Nanoblast lobby actions in our face. x_x He always comes out like "I'm a guy, you know.." and they're like "We don't care." Lol, hm.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 07:58 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:49, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-15 16:33, GeoHolyhart wrote:

Just because you're physically attracted to someone doesn't mean you walk up to them and start humping them. I also never said attaraction or lust was wrong. I just said not to be an ass hole about it.

Allow me to reiterate; THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Come back to me when guys are randomly humping girls on the street in real life and I think you'd have something. How does walking up to someone and humping them clarify as being a as*hole? It's more moronic imo.

Oh and actually the 2nd part of that was meant for everyone saying hitting on girls in games is perverted, wrong and what not. Really sorry for not making that clear.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hey....I'm not for it or against it. Just so you all know.

Mari-P
Nov 15, 2006, 08:01 PM
Me am playing PC version but same is happen to me almost everyday so far =;_;= Even PSO-world forums is full of sexual joke and comment about female charas. But me like PSU and meeting new people so is kind difficult for me to decide if will keep playing or just go back to FFXI

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 08:06 PM
Another thing is, try changing Universes. Why is that I know all this is happening in Universe 1? Try going to Universe 15, everyone there is from PSOW or there because PSOW is there and they like the community. Here's another crazy idea for you "helpless females". Makes friends with those people you like and party with them. This isn't a drastic change from the gameplay in anyway nor does it subtract from your experience (it should actually make it better) as it what everyone does, it's the point of having a partner system. I suggest doing that in every game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-15 17:10 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:06 PM
Stop playing with female characters if you a guy! Its wrong!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:30, Zeta wrote:
Such behaviour is unacceptable in any circumstances.

I don't care if you're having a bad day. I couldn't care less if you can't walk the five feet over to the refridgerator. I don't give a **** if you think it's OK to act in such a mannor because "it's the internet." NO ONE retains the right to verbally or physically abuse ANYONE, be they male, female, game sprite or otherwise.

I can't believe people are justifying this idiocy with "welcome to the internet". That excuse is about as valid as writing your name on an election ballad and then voting for yourself. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is this kind of behaviour excusable.

"But we should be expecting this kinda stuff on t3h intarwebz!"

No, we SHOULDN'T expect this ANYWHERE. People should have the common (or uncommon it seems) decency to treat people with respect. You're having a bad day? What about that person? Just because you're pissed off about being grounded for getting caught with dope doesn't mean you can take it out on another human being. You've no idea what some people go through every day. They get home and decide to play a Hack 'n Slash game to relax a little, only to idle for a moment and come back to see their avatar being tea bagged because some high 14 year old thinks it's amusing, or checking their Mailbox to find it full of profanities and vulgar insults. How do you think they feel? To go through the shit they deal with EVERY DAY and then come home to that?

There is NO EXCUSE for that. None. If you think there is then get back on your medication.

Got to hell you Commy. Unless American government says it's illegal, it's gonna happen.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:11 PM
I think sexual harassment is illegal.

KirinDave
Nov 15, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:08, Genobee wrote:

Got to hell you Commy. Unless American government says it's illegal, it's gonna happen.

... That's 230 years of misunderstanding in a 12 year old package.

Numnuttz
thats true you cant stop this from happening because there is no punishment for people doing this. most likely if something like a punishment would stop this than it would not happen. also Wackonus, whats wrong with making a female character when your male? i admit i do it myself and i am male.

Genobee
On 2006-11-15 17:11, Wackonus wrote:
I think sexual harassment is illegal.

you can't sexualy harass pixels.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:15 PM
Its like dressing as a girl in real life! I hope you see something wrong with that!

Numnuttz
Nov 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
even though seeing a man dressed as a woman is disturbing that doesnt mean in video games its the same way. of coarse though their is the chance people do that for your reason but i know for my own personal experience i have no intrest in that at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-11-15 17:25 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:27 PM
That's good to know.

Garroway
Nov 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:14, KirinDave wrote:

... That's 230 years of misunderstanding in a 12 year old package.

I wanted to respond to that also but I could not have expressed my opinion more eloquantly. Thank You.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:45 PM
So it's not illegal then? Hmmmm.....I always thought it was. Oh well.

Xeveous
Nov 15, 2006, 08:48 PM
I play female characters,because it gives me something to look at. Id rather look at a chicks butt then some guys butt while i play a game.
As for getting hit on,lol....if i can count the many times ive been hit on,id run out of fingers.
I usually just ignore it. If i cant,then oh well,i know who the pervs are yeah?

EDIT; PS: Female casts look like ninjas....! As of right now,im in extra mode with a sweet ass looking Male Cast,if i could post a pic i would.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeveous on 2006-11-15 17:50 ]</font>

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 08:52 PM

QFT

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:53 PM
What's QFT?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wackonus on 2006-11-15 17:54 ]</font>

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 08:55 PM
Quoted for truth.

http://www.urbandictionary.com if you ever see an acronym you don't understand.

Wackonus
Hey can't you talk online? If so and you sound like a guy shouldn't everyone stop, and if not then that's...disgusting.

Wackonus
Oh thanks.

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 09:00 PM
NP

Just to be clear, I don't condone such actions nor do I participate in them. However, if you are actually bothered by such actions you are obviously too old/young/sensitive and should leave the internet or go back to http://www.familycircus.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-15 18:01 ]</font>

Xeveous
Nov 15, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:55, Wackonus wrote:
Hey can't you talk online? If so and you sound like a guy shouldn't everyone stop, and if not then that's...disgusting.

On 360 ver. PS2 / PC is keyboard chat. As far as i know.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 09:02 PM
Glad I got a 360. That way I don't have to worry about a guy dressed as a chick better try flirtin with me on the game.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Personaly I think guys as girls is wrong if it's your main, Your main is how people realy know you and it's kinda akward if it's a girl, but I can care less about alts.

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
If your main is going to be a forteforce it makes sense for it to be a female

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 09:19 PM
Pixels.

Pixels are nice.

But, I'm not a pre-teen or teen. Young adult, yes.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:16, Edg3 wrote:
If your main is going to be a forteforce it makes sense for it to be a female

because the 10% makes a huge diffrence

Edg3
Nov 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
if that's not enough reason...

People generally aren't who they portray themselves to be on the internet.

Since this is a sci-FI game many people like to indulge in the FI aspect of it.

Some people like to try and remake characters from other games regardless of sex.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-15 18:28 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
Nov 15, 2006, 09:43 PM
so far the purposed posible solutions for the problem the original topic is about are:

- ignore the person/persons.
- move your avatar away from the person/persons avatar.
- leave the group/party if the person/persons are in the same group/party you are in.
- black list the person/persons who are doing this to your avatar
- report the person/persons to the proper athorities if you need to
- change the universe you are currently playing in (#15 is the universe where the most psoworld members hang out)
- tell the person/persons off (if you need to speak your mind)

but if you enjoy doing what this topic is discusing and can take it as a joke, then whatever and feel free to enjoy your expiriance. Otherwise respect other players and your expiriance will be just as enjoyable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-11-15 18:54 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 10:34 PM
Whatever man Scifi or not I don't see myself as a chick.
More so a brute killing machine.

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 10:40 PM
Wackonus speaks professionally.

So here's this giant crab. You attack its weak point for MASSIVE damage.

Nevermind that. Guys shouldn't be playing as girls (well, I wouldn't say "shouldn't), and Sega never should've made the stats gender-based. Then again, since they did that, it's hard to tell who's a girl. In a way, it's like a defense mechanism so that guys can't harass girls.

...But that isn't the case, because this thread was about someone's wife being harassed, and she IS playing a girl character.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 10:45 PM
True, yet I'm glad someone understands just how bad being a female character is.

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2006, 11:10 PM

I appologize, I was unaware Chivalry was synonomous with Communism, and that living in Canada requires me to follow American laws to the T.

I was also unaware that making something illegal stopped all activities of the act in question. Guess prostitution isn't illegal.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:11 PM
Chivalry is dead. and prostitution is legal in Vegas. Just thought you should know.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:16 PM
But we need to look at the big issue here.

Guys hitting on girls is right! Guys playing as girls is WRONG!!!

Zato-2TWO
Nov 15, 2006, 11:19 PM
As a guy playing a female character, I have this to say:

If I'm going to be looking at someone's backside for hours on end, I'd rather it be a girl.

DoubleJG
Nov 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
I say this. Anyone can play as whatever gender they want, and keep the "hitting on" to people in the real world that you actually CAN date and have fun with.

Simple.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe, but wouldn't it feel odd if you were to be hit on by a guy? Because now your backside is being violated by guys who think you're a girl.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
Not my problem. I'm not the one being disappointed. Heck, I get a kick out of it every time it happens. =P

Besides, online games are the WORST method of trying to hit on people. Anyone who hits on people online should not be taken seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:26 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
........err you should be.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 15, 2006, 11:28 PM
*shrug* My online persona is not me, thus *I* specifically am not violated if such a thing should occur. Someone humping off to my character? Good for them, they get their spooge on, and I am in turn treated to the fact that someone appreciates my character's design.

Everyone wins. *slaps on a big OPTIMIST sticker*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:29 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:30 PM
Well all I have to say is it's exactly like cross-dressing. Both are horribly wrong.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 15, 2006, 11:37 PM
Except, you know...it's the INTERNETS? I don't log onto PSU thinking "This character is just me! But online!", so I don't feel anything personal when things happen to my Cassy. In the case of cross-dressing, EVERYTHING's personal when you're wearing a pink tutu.

I like looking at girls on the internets. I will not deny that. Thus, in a game wherein I would be looking at the backside of a character for a large number of hours, I prefer the backside of an attractive female. Do I feel violated when someone finds my character attractive? Of course not, because at that moment they're thinking the exact same thoughts. Myself and my online character are DETACHED from one another.

Cross dressing is NOT within those lines of thinking, because you aren't exactly detached from that leather one-piece you're wearing. I'm sure there are people who enjoy looking at themselves dressed as females, but not me (and I'm not going to argue on the point of cross-dressers, because I know none personally). I'm not asking you to adhere to my standpoint on it, but just to respect the fact that there are people who make their online characters with that thought process in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:39 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:42 PM
Whatever man....Its not right and it'll never be right in my mind. Unless you did it to make the best possible character.

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:16, Wackonus wrote:

"Eh, it's a game. Shrug it off. You really shouldn't be worrying about things like that in a video game, unless, of course, you're trying to hook up or something. But, meh', whatever floats your boat.

But, on the flipside, lighten up overall. Not really my sort of thing to force an opinion on someone else, but really, using the crossdressing reference in comparison to the guy/girl game character ordeal is just as pointless. They're just freaking pieces of cloth you adorn your body with. Wee. I mean, yeah, some people might get a little carried away with it, but, once again, whatever floats your boat.

Chillax, mkay?

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:46 PM
Why would I use a game to meet people exactly?

But whatever I don't care. I just don't think its right.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 15, 2006, 11:48 PM
Nah, I'm not one of those stat-crunching min-maxing guys. Sure I appreciate the high DEF, but I made a Cassy just because she looks nice. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's just like picking a female character in any other kind of game.

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:46, Wackonus wrote:

"Well, it's a form of communication among people. Seems like a prime meeting environment to me. For some people it is easier to textualize a statement you would otherwise have to say. This leads to a much more personal interaction, even with common, everyday conversation.

And you have every right to think that it's not right. That's your opinion, after all. :3 But, really, the only reason it would bother you would be if there was some sort of connection or association you make on behalf of a digital display of fembits.

Kinda silly, ja?

Wackonus
Nov 16, 2006, 12:02 AM
Uhh....no disrespect but you kinda sound like a shrink. Very intellectual. I'm impressed. I'm one of the only people that uses big words in my school. Sometimes I forget some other people can be smart.

Oh well. This arguement is over. It obviously was leading nowhere fast I've got better things to waste my time with like games.

Buenos noches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wackonus on 2006-11-15 21:03 ]</font>

Collar
Nov 16, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:02, Wackonus wrote:
Uhh....no disrespect but you kinda sound like a shrink. Very intellectual. I'm impressed. I'm one of the only people that uses big words in my school. Sometimes I forget some other people can be smart.

Oh well. This arguement is over. It obviously was leading nowhere fast I've got better things to waste my time with like games.

Buenos noches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wackonus on 2006-11-15 21:03 ]</font>

"El oh el, hardly. I graduated high school in 2003. Not really much learning past that. I just adapt well and have a semi-extensive vocabulary. Also, being overly exposed to the internet helps a lot. But, thank you for the compliment.

Sleep well, etc.

Edg3
Nov 16, 2006, 12:18 AM
I find this concept that we are our game characters puzzling.

Also, NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET, TITS OR GTFO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Collar
Nov 16, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:18, Edg3 wrote:
I find this concept that we are our game characters puzzling.

"I know, right. We already have such wonderful things as: gender confusion, sexual orientation, stereotypes, and now, apparently, mental-visual self-perception, or, as I like to call it, 'Extensionalism'.

Well, the last part has actually been around for a while. Some people just get attached to things they create. They can come from anything from video games, to the art mediums. It's a form of expression that can go from visual appeal, to becomming an outlet for repressed personal issues. o_O

Also -

On 2006-11-15 21:18, Edg3 wrote:
Also, NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET, TITS OR GTFO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

"Yay, segregated internet rules! Pff, fine. Have it your way. I'll just get back to the kitchen - and no sandwitches for you!

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-11-15 20:16, Wackonus wrote:

Does that mean I can't play Metroid? XD

But seriously now, who cares? I myself have a female char, but it's not like I think I'm one or something, it's like what was said before, it's mostly for aesthetic reasons (that and recreating my old PSO char way better! HUnewearl was the best class ever! good tech and access to the good blade weapons! Yoush!) it doesn't matter what kind of char someone has, they have the right to play how they want. If you don't like it, tough muffins, tomodachi, tough muffins.

Edg3
Nov 16, 2006, 01:45 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:31, Collar wrote
"Yay, segregated internet rules! Pff, fine. Have it your way. I'll just get back to the kitchen - and no sandwitches for you!

Damn strait no sandwicthes. Who wants a sandy witch anyway? Sounds like a bad time to me. Sandwiches will do fine. Chop Chop!

This thread has strayed very far from its original topic that the creator of this thread and his wife are way to old to be playing online games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-15 22:46 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 16, 2006, 02:33 AM
A rose should always be treated like a rose, even if its not the best one in the bouquet.Greatest quote ever. I'll make sure to pass this along to my children when the time comes.

As for internet stupidity, laugh off the lame emote molestation, but report anything that's completely violating one's eyes and ears, i.e, sexual harassment in verbal/vocal forms. Also remember to just walk away once it gets out of hand. Most don't bother to follow more than one screen at most.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
I should make a female character just to see how it's like to be on the other side of the world. Get harassed, etc. Yep. And then be like that one guy, and slap everyone in the face when they realize I'm a guy.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 02:49 AM

This thread has strayed very far from its original topic that the creator of this thread and his wife are way to old to be playing online games.

Bite your tongue! That's straight blasphemy... too old... psh!

daylight129
Nov 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
This topic does not deliver.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 02:51 AM
On 2006-11-15 23:49, daylight129 wrote:
This topic does not deliver.

what?

daylight129
Nov 16, 2006, 03:08 AM
Is this seriously a thread about someone complaining that a random "omgz" kid online was actually immature? eghad! This is blasphemy! I'm going to move to change the world by making everyone in an online game 100% polite!

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 03:20 AM
is it so wrong for a man to complain that his wife is being sexually harrassed by PSUers? we get people whining about everything else, why not this? it's a valid point, WTH don't people stop acting like ninnies and just play nice? I hate them all, people suck.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:26 AM
Y'know Blu, I really wish there were more nicer people in MMO's, but unfortunately, that's not possible. People are a-holes more than they are good sumarians (was that the right word?). It saddens me, that when I try to be nice to everyone, there's always someone making fun of me, and others join in on the bashing.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 03:34 AM
^_^''' Actually I go by Cooper now, but it won't let me change my name... (Blu Swade was a very stupid psuedonym, it's damned stigma now, gall)
The word is "Sumaritan" you were close though...
Gall, I forgot the point I wanted to make again! Dammit! >_<

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:37 AM
I'll refer to you as I please.

Stop feeling "blue", Swade. =)

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 03:42 AM
Very well, refer to me as you will, although I'd rather have it that you call me Cooper, but que sera sera, right? It don' bother me too much.

Xeveous
Nov 16, 2006, 03:42 AM
I was playing WoW earlier,a Female Troll Priest,and this dude(he knew i was a guy) was joking around, "/flirt",its all fun and games.

Think of it this way,if its wrong to play as a girl if you are a guy,the nwouldnt it be wrong to stare at a dudes ass for lets say...years?..of playing a game?....
Just dont hit on girls,leave em alone,be nice,for all you know they might be a girl.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 03:44 AM
On 2006-11-16 00:42, Xeveous wrote:
I was playing WoW earlier,a Female Troll Priest,and this dude(he knew i was a guy) was joking around, "/flirt",its all fun and games.

Think of it this way,if its wrong to play as a girl if you are a guy,the nwouldnt it be wrong to stare at a dudes ass for lets say...years?..of playing a game?....
Just dont hit on girls,leave em alone,be nice,for all you know they might be a girl.

props

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-16 00:45 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:44 AM
Guys who play as girls, try to fake other guys into thinking so, so that they can get meseta and items.

Fact.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 16, 2006, 04:24 AM

Where were you earlier!? That's the EXACT point I was trying to get across! =O

On 2006-11-16 00:44, RyukiZero wrote:
Guys who play as girls, try to fake other guys into thinking so, so that they can get meseta and items.

Fact.

Most guys who try to pick up on (guys playing) girls give them the items before the truth is revealed.

Other fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-16 01:25 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-11-16 01:24, Zato-2TWO wrote:

Where were you earlier!? That's the EXACT point I was trying to get across! =O

On 2006-11-16 00:44, RyukiZero wrote:

Fact.

Most guys who try to pick up on (guys playing) girls give them the items before the truth is revealed.

Other fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-16 01:25 ]</font>

Never seen that happen before, but I CAN see it happening XD

"Oh, and by the way, I'm really a guy! LAWL!!"

daylight129
Nov 16, 2006, 04:38 AM
If I knew that pretending to be a chick would get me some epix/rarez from a certain person, I would so totally do it.

Collar
Nov 16, 2006, 07:50 AM
On 2006-11-15 22:45, Edg3 wrote:

Damn strait no sandwicthes. Who wants a sandy witch anyway? Sounds like a bad time to me. Sandwiches will do fine. Chop Chop!

"Oi, I always @#$% that one up.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 08:43 AM
On 2006-11-16 01:26, RyukiZero wrote:
[quote]On 2006-11-16 01:24, Zato-2TWO wrote:
[quote]On 2006-11-16 00:42, Xeveous wrote:

ok..... if you played a female on the horde you gotta be either realy perverted or just gay, because thier an't no female worth looking at on the horde, hell there is no race worth looking at on the horde. Actualy there is nothing worth looking at in WoW.

Artorius
Nov 16, 2006, 10:07 AM
On 2006-11-15 16:52, Wackonus wrote:
I'm more angry with the fact that there are guys playing as girls. That's worse.

Are you upset cause you start hitting on them and then find out they are guys which makes you feel some what emasculated for hitting on a guy?

Artorius
Nov 16, 2006, 10:07 AM
On 2006-11-15 16:52, Wackonus wrote:

Are you upset cause you start hitting on them and then find out they are guys which makes you feel some what emasculated for hitting on a guy?

SekotheFOmar
Nov 16, 2006, 10:14 AM
This is on every game and just like racism it can't be stopped but it can slow down. Thats just the beginning of the problem, just look at WoW...its TERRIBLE. I was a pre-teen when i was doing this until I met a girl that just changed my whole attitude about women.

Thrash777
Nov 16, 2006, 10:22 AM
The age old discussion of this subject goes on... lol

Raine_Loire
Nov 16, 2006, 10:30 AM
lol it's funny- I played the beta version on my 360, and quickly decided to go ps2 for PSU... It's the voice chat. Guys using the stupid motions are bad, but when they hear the voice of an actual female, they are ridiculous. It's the same playing Halo- actually I have heard guys trying to pick up 10 year old boys on Halo, because they think they are girls. I don't get hit on too bad on the ps2 version, so that's a relief. My husband was getting really upset during the beta version, lol. And seriously, guys... "hey, you really sound hot" isn't the best pickup line, even if the chick IS single... Especially if you sound like a reject from red vs blue, or Beavis and Butthead. All boys on the 360 PSU really sounded the same to me...

Raine_Loire
Nov 16, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-11-15 18:00, Edg3 wrote:
NP

Just to be clear, I don't condone such actions nor do I participate in them. However, if you are actually bothered by such actions you are obviously too old/young/sensitive and should leave the internet or go back to http://www.familycircus.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-15 18:01 ]</font>

BTW I disagree with this- if I go outside, and guys are saying offensive things to me or grabbing me, I have some sort of recourse (chances are, Laguna would seriously hurt them). But if I'm on the internet and people are saying stuff, there isn't a lot I can do. It's the frustration- the having to take it that makes it so uncomforatable. I think it's funny- most ppl who say "deal with it, it's the internet" are men.

I think women (and freaks who play as women) should have a right to play a game they like and not be made uncomforatable. They shouldn't have to inconvenience themselves because YOU don't know how to act on the internet. You would feel differently if it affected you, I'm sure.

Personally, I have never been hit on to the point of me being uncomforatable, mostly I agree with the guys who play as girls- it's pretty humorous. As in "these are honestly the biggest losers our country has to offer..." But I've seen other female chars struggling- I've even seen real girls tell guys that they are guys to get them to back off. A guy who won't let up or follows a chick when she moves away is disgusting. It isn't a question of chivalry at all, it's a simple question of common sense. The internet is like alcohol. It doesn't make people act different then who they are inside, it just makes them free to be themselves.

This is so much bullshit. I knew people in their 40s who played FFXI and they were better players than the teenagers anyway. And my husband and I have been married for 4 years, and he's only 20. So is he too old to play just because he's married?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2006-11-16 07:52 ]</font>

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 10:52 AM
Looks like everyone has different views and opinions on this.

Trova
Nov 17, 2006, 06:41 AM
First of all, its life, get used to it. People get hit on in real life all the time, do you see them making message boards about it complaining? Didnt think so. So why is it any differnt then on a game. The game makers warned you that this happens online. So tell me, when people get teabagged and what not on games and harrassed it doesnt matter? Then when it happens to your wife, its war? If you dont like it then too bad, either quit using voice chat or stop playing. Ive never seen anyone being harassed and "raped" on the game, so its obvious your wife it drawing attention to herself. And as a matter of fact, you ARE prejudice, ive never heard such a bad generalization. So all people who do harassing and that kind crap are teenagers with bad parents and kids that need help? Thats fu***** bull. You were once a teenager too and im damn sure you wernt a perfect little do-gooder. I'm a teenager and my parents are wonderful, and i get good grades, but i still go around sometimes when im bored and do those kinds of things. What about that? And dude, sad to say, but you and your wife need to grow up. When people make fun of you, arguing back just provokes them. Shouldnt you be a good example to your kids and just ignore them and walk away like you adults are always saying?

SpishackCola
Nov 17, 2006, 06:42 AM
lol, create account to bump/flame

Trova
Nov 17, 2006, 06:44 AM
...what?

Trova
Nov 17, 2006, 06:47 AM
If your thinking im that other guy, im not.

daylight129
Nov 17, 2006, 06:48 AM
This topic is so undeniably full of irony.

Pooru
Nov 17, 2006, 07:24 AM
i dont know why guys would wanna "hikokimori"-fy themselves behind the net they should try irland besides

always and i mean ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS RULE REGARDLESS

M.M.O.R.P.G. = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Animosity
Nov 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
this is pretty sick since i play on 360 and theres a 50% male to female character ratio, but the funny part is i havent heard one chicks voice, all the chick characters are guys.

prismsub5
Nov 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:37, Zato-2TWO wrote:
Cross dressing is NOT within those lines of thinking, because you aren't exactly detached from that leather one-piece you're wearing. I'm sure there are people who enjoy looking at themselves dressed as females, but not me (and I'm not going to argue on the point of cross-dressers, because I know none personally).
A long time ago, a female wearing pants was considered crossdressing, we're just moving to a time where clothes are fully androgynous.

On 2006-11-15 20:46, Wackonus wrote:

So you could ehmm... play games together http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

papito
Nov 18, 2006, 10:50 PM
Dont know if its been said yet (i aint reading 16 pages of this) but to the OP- My advice to your wife is to make a male character. But if she really enjoys playing a female chacter, then she has to find a group of people she gets along with and respect her, and stay with them. As you said- there are a lot of little kiddies who behave like that online because they dont have the balls to say / do these things in person. When i see the racist / sexist blah blah blah garbage on the screen , all it tells me about them is that theyre a phoney, because theyre saying it from behind a TV. In closing , there are some good people on the 360, she'll bump into them, and when she finds them , stay with them.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 10:52 PM
OH COOL I HAVE MISSED THIS THREAD!