PDA

View Full Version : Weapons locking up..

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'll be slashing away, then BAM! My weapon locks up, and I can't attack. Has this been happening to anyone else? O.o

Dhylec
Nov 14, 2006, 03:41 PM
Perhaps it ran out of PP?

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 03:42 PM
lol if ur playing the ps2 version that usually happens when you press the l2 button because you never look at the mission start details, just press L2 at the start of a mission to get rid of it and it's smooth sailing from there.

Bobkitty
Nov 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
heh, if your on 360 maybe you hit left trigger.. if so when you enter a mission hit left trigger then 'A' its because you get stuck on that little mission icon..The spot you claim your rank/missionpoints/meseta for completion of the mission.. before completion theres another icon there.. that used to happen to me alllll the time

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
Nope. Not out of PP, and I am on the PC version. It first happened when I played this past sunday... It was happening to the whole party. Sometimes you just couldn't attack. When you ran, you would run normal, with your hands at your sides(kind of like what happens when you first start a mission) even with my weapon clearly out. Then other times, you attack, and just freeze up mid-slash, and your character just slides across the field for a few seconds! WTF!

I played yesterday, and it happened to me once, but still. Something should be done about this. There was a lot of people on PSU talking about it. But I wanted to see if it has been happening to anyone on the boards...

Bobkitty
Nov 14, 2006, 03:49 PM
Strange, only thing I could think of would be the mission icon.. Though it souds like amuch more serious problem.. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
On 2006-11-14 12:49, Bobkitty wrote:
Strange, only thing I could think of would be the mission icon.. Though it souds like amuch more serious problem.. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

It's ok. Thanks for your suggestions though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DizzyDi
Nov 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah I get the same problem with my melee weapons sometimes. I'll be in the middle of a heated battle and the character will go into a stance like hes not holding a weapon and I won't be able to attack for a few seconds. It even happened during nanoblast a few times, I just thought it was casue I'm on the PS2 and that is the glitchiest version.

Thrash777
Nov 14, 2006, 04:16 PM
Sounds like lag... o_O

Witchblade56
Nov 14, 2006, 04:18 PM
It's just lag; it happens alot when im in a crowded room [6 people].

It doesnt happen all that often but when it does it's usually during peak times when everyone is online.

Anywho that's just my experience with it.

AndrewLD16
Nov 14, 2006, 04:36 PM
Didn't seem like lag... I am usually on at the busiest times of the day too, and I never lag. Hrmm, hopefully that is just the case and it is not some BUG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-11-14 13:10, DizzyDi wrote:
Yeah I get the same problem with my melee weapons sometimes. I'll be in the middle of a heated battle and the character will go into a stance like hes not holding a weapon and I won't be able to attack for a few seconds. It even happened during nanoblast a few times, I just thought it was casue I'm on the PS2 and that is the glitchiest version.

reminds me of the time I was playin' PSO ep1 and my lock on cursor dissapeared, leaving me at the mercy of a room full of rappies *shudder* how humiliating...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:28 AM
This happened to a Force I was with the other day. She had a Rod with only earth spells on it, and when she switched to her Resta one when we needed it... well, let's just say it wasn't very pretty.

I've had it happen occasionally when I switch from a Dagger to a Sword. This is one of the reasons that my entire pallete is Twin Rippers. It doesn't happen when you switch to weapons of the same time. Well, not often enough to care. Their damage output is also something that drove for an action palette full of them.