PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Interesting/Odd Bug

Polly
Nov 14, 2006, 06:13 PM
Note
I only play the game on PC, so I can't say for sure if this is an issue that relates to the PS2 version of the game or not.

Recently, I've discovered that sometimes when I log in, my characters clothes or armor and units will be unequipped without me having done so. Oddly, however, both the Shield Line System graphics and the Clothes I'm wearing still appear on the character. Which sucks, because in the case of armor, who wants to be running around without their stat bonuses?

I've been unable to post proof about it up until now, which is why I didn't say anything, but it happened to a friend last night and this is what it looks like.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2370/nekkidgu3.jpg

As you can see, there's no clothing in the character's inventory at all (as they're tucked away in their PM for the purpose of this shot), but it's displayed not only to the person it's happening to, but also to other players.

The same phenomenon occurs with armor. As mentioned, the armor graphics show, but the armor isn't equipped and you lose all bonuses you had with it equipped.

I was curious to know if this has happened to anyone else other than myself and two other people I know. I want to get a read on how common it is, as since I've reported the bug to Sega, I was subsequently accused of cheating or exploiting the game to achieve the effect, when all I did was log on and my stuff wasn't equipped.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Weak
Nov 14, 2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah, that's happened to me on numerous occasions.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 06:32 PM
Figures.

"Excuse me, Mr. Sega, sir, but I've found a bug with your game."

"LIES! A HOUSE OF THEM! YOU MUST HAVE BEEN CHEATING!!! IT'S THE ONLY PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION!!"

Nukei
Nov 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
Never happened to me before. o.o

Phaze37
Nov 14, 2006, 07:42 PM
It happened to me once. My armour somehow unequipped yet it showed up on my character.

On 2006-11-14 15:32, Zeta wrote:
Figures.

"LIES! A HOUSE OF THEM! YOU MUST HAVE BEEN CHEATING!!! IT'S THE ONLY PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION!!"

wtf are you talking about Zeta?

Zalinian
Nov 14, 2006, 07:51 PM
This happens to me often. I'll be looking through my inventory, notice my armor is unequiped and be like "how long has that been off for....."

Iecur
Nov 14, 2006, 07:55 PM
You know now that I think about it that used to happen to me around the time that I started playing the game and I think it's also happened to one of my friends.

Well Phaze37 I believe what Zeta was saying (that is if I got the gist of it) is that Triela(the creater of this thread) reported to SEGA that there was a bug and then SEGA proceeded to accuse them of cheating. As if they are saying their game is flawless and anything that goes wrong is our faults. Maybe I read too much into that last statement though... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kano-Okami
Nov 14, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-11-14 16:42, Phaze37 wrote:
It happened to me once. My armour somehow unequipped yet it showed up on my character.

On 2006-11-14 15:32, Zeta wrote:
Figures.

"LIES! A HOUSE OF THEM! YOU MUST HAVE BEEN CHEATING!!! IT'S THE ONLY PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION!!"[sarcasm

wtf are you talking about Zeta?

Sega's lack of awareness in the form of sarcasm.
I lol'd.