PDA

View Full Version : I'm hearing reports about Broomop

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 07:12 PM
I'm heared from someone (source want's to remain annoymes) that this idiot has figured out how to make teams online that cause a joiner to get FSOD then he is able to do stuff to the person who has FSOD'ed and that he is figuring out how to put online stuff on online mode.....Can anyone conferm?

Deja
Nov 14, 2006, 07:17 PM
I can confirm that Broomop is doing everything he can to ruin our game, and I mean everything. He's going to buy as many accounts as he can until he brings this game down. Trust me on that. Let's just hope Sega battles him (doubt that).

_Tek_
Nov 14, 2006, 07:18 PM
yeah ok guys whatever

PsychoNinja08
Nov 14, 2006, 07:18 PM
He has already been banned once on PSU, hes back already?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsychoNinja08 on 2006-11-14 16:18 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
Another reason I'm glad to be on the 360.

Phaze37
Nov 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
FSOD? With PSU's server side saving, freezing the game shouldn't cause us to lose our items like it did in PSO before Blue Burst.

Nukei
Nov 14, 2006, 07:25 PM
Really? This is discouraging me from playing >.o

Muffin
Nov 14, 2006, 07:25 PM
He has a pool of accounts he uses. So if he's banned once he just goes to another account and the proccess goes on. He was banned numerous times on pso:bb but always came back while bragging in broken english on his website. And no, Sega does not step up to the plate to battle it.

He also claims to be able to dupe mesata and items and plans to sell them on Ebay.

Purun~~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Muffin on 2006-11-14 16:26 ]</font>

Invisus
Nov 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
It sucks, I know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Hopefully ST won't let it turn into another PSO.

It is time...

For the...
http://macrochan.be/vjejkcep/source/P/R/PRXWENNMUZ6U5ONLBGUCLXIEZD2MRA2H.jpg

VanHalen
Nov 14, 2006, 07:27 PM
im pretty sure sega is doing everything to stop hackers so you dont have to worry. well much that is

Nukei
Nov 14, 2006, 07:30 PM
I guess most of them are on Universe 1

Good thing Psow's universe is 15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nukei on 2006-11-14 16:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nukei on 2006-11-14 16:31 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 14, 2006, 07:35 PM
He'll be banned asap... One of my friends were banned for lobby spam so Im sure hell be banned again for fsoding fast.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 14, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-11-14 16:24, Phaze37 wrote:
FSOD? With PSU's server side saving, freezing the game shouldn't cause us to lose our items like it did in PSO before Blue Burst.

Yeah, the game has FSOD'ed on me a few times when searching "Last visited rooms" in my room/desk comp shop search.

I had to restart the console, but all my items were intact.

360 version
Bug doesn't happen anymore recently.

But forcing FSOD sound a bit more worse than forcing chat text.

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-11-14 16:37, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Yeah, the game has FSOD'ed on me a few times when searching "Last visited rooms" in my room/desk comp shop search.

I had to restart the console, but all my items were intact.

360 version
Bug doesn't happen anymore recently.

But forcing FSOD sound a bit more worse than forcing chat text.

I thought that was really weird too. It doesn't happen anymore but it was a problem the last couple of days.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 08:08 PM
Greeeattt.....I hope that bastard ruins in hell for ruining my game...how old is this idiot anyways?

Neith
Nov 14, 2006, 08:12 PM
Unless anything malicious comes of this, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've seen a whole load of 'omg 1337h4x0rz' on PSU. Haven't seen much from them though.

Being serious, if anything did happen, it'd probably be Universe 1 that gets hit. Still though, no point dwelling on it. If it happens, it happens. I just hope no-one will make a big fuss over this, it just makes things worse.

Saphion
Nov 14, 2006, 08:25 PM
What's it like now? Is it still happening on Universe 1?

I really hope not... I really want to get the game when it's released in the UK but if it gets hacked to death I shan't bother. Is it really as bad as it's all being made out to be, or is it just typical "OMG WTF HAXXORZ!!!!!!!111" internet-ism?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 14, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-11-14 16:35, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
He'll be banned asap... One of my friends were banned for lobby spam so Im sure hell be banned again for fsoding fast.

He deserved it, and i'm glad I reported him along with everybody else I see spamming on Universe 1. I'm glad we're not being ignored when we report people.

On 2006-11-14 16:30, Nukei wrote:
I guess most of them are on Universe 1

Good thing Psow's universe is 15.

Good thing it's easy to find an unlocked game on Universe 15.

Good thing people are actually willing to talk on Universe 15.

Good thing Psow chose their own Universe. I mean, it's so friendly over there my heart almost burst trying to pressurize the warm goodness on the outside of me, with my own hearty goodness inside me.

-_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-14 17:31 ]</font>

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 14, 2006, 08:44 PM
Unless i see proof, it never happened and no one is able to hack anything, besides some chat script

That is all

AnamanaAU
Nov 14, 2006, 09:05 PM
I hope they ban infamousnugz with the characters username being a website url.

ohnoes
Nov 14, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-14 17:44, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Unless i see proof, it never happened and no one is able to hack anything, besides some chat script

That is all

OBVIOUSLY IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, I mean after all, people have sent in reports about Broomop...So, none of those were true.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 09:24 PM
Ummm...That's not true...Broomop was stupid to post a video on Youtube with him force spamming someone on PSU...here's the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fh54j0yoM3Q

(Unfortently Broomop didn't post it from his pointof view...I think this was the fraps of another psow member....)

ohnoes
Nov 14, 2006, 09:42 PM
Man, just let me say "Cause_I_Own_U"....Right...

Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Emrald
Nov 14, 2006, 09:46 PM
And plus.....I just posted proof...this has to be stoped...Seirously....THey need to like...flag everything on him..name's credit card numbers billing addresses, IP adresses, EVERYTHING THEY CAN

Kanore
Nov 14, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:42, ohnoes wrote:
Man, just let me say "Cause_I_Own_U"....Right...

Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Ignorance is bliss. Just let him do what he wants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2006-11-14 18:58 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:46, coolcat33333 wrote:
And plus.....I just posted proof...this has to be stoped...Seirously....THey need to like...flag everything on him..name's credit card numbers billing addresses, IP adresses, EVERYTHING THEY CAN

So far it's just scripts with chat bubbles. Broom talks alot and someone called his bluff on his own website about showing proof about FSOD people etc.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 14, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:11, ohnoes wrote:

On 2006-11-14 17:44, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

That is all

OBVIOUSLY IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, I mean after all, people have sent in reports about Broomop...So, none of those were true.

Those reports were about him making people spam with his chat script, not those other things

Now if he was using the infinite meseta hack(which he isent because they are hacker wannabes), the servers would catch and then the company would report to sega and he would get baned again and it would be fixed, all that new money that came in would be tracked by the server and it would be deleted via a roll back or something like that

Just look at the japaense version, no one is saying anything about rampant hacking and that game has been out longer than our, hacking will not be any threat to this game at all, server side makes a huge diffrence

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-14 19:28 ]</font>

Invisus
Nov 14, 2006, 10:24 PM
Why don't they just IP ban him? I would imagine hes doing this from a PC not PS2. Of course he could obtain another IP from his ISP but thats ALOT more work than making another account. Maybe ST doesn't want to IP ban him but force him to make accounts over and over $9.99 over and over adds up. Then again since I can't say "money" in game and theres no CD key, the jury is still out on whether or not they like the green stuff, or have too much of the "other" green stuff.

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
I really hate hackers who uses great talents for the simple pleasure of annoying others.

Asra
Nov 14, 2006, 10:34 PM
Broomop is just a little hobby hacker... gives evers PSO/U a try just to show off... the only thing he was able to do is switching character data like giving items and using errors with his char to FSOD etc. this all was just able because his char data was saved on his PC (not on an online server we pay for like in PSU). so this way he could edit stuff on his char data what a normal player couldnt "see" and that caused the problems...

but this time he would have to hack the server to get acces to his player data. for short he has to get somewhat of admin rights and not just getting around GameGuard people... the server itself got its own protection wich wont be gameguard.. something that little punk with his wannabe "skills" would never be able to get threw.

so just relax...play and have fun, if he does annyoing things like the chatting threw other chars just report him and fine. he isnt a danger for PSU, either report him or ignore him... 2nd option would be the best, we all know what happens with kids when you let em cry long enough and just dont care about it.

EDIT: another way for good banning would be the way that the guardian license system wont accept his credit card number anymore. sure he can get a new one...but not forever and this was he also pays his 10$ for each try.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asra on 2006-11-14 19:39 ]</font>

Relam
Nov 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-11-14 19:24, Invisus wrote:
Why don't they just IP ban him? I would imagine hes doing this from a PC not PS2. Of course he could obtain another IP from his ISP but thats ALOT more work than making another account. Maybe ST doesn't want to IP ban him but force him to make accounts over and over $9.99 over and over adds up. Then again since I can't say "money" in game and theres no CD key, the jury is still out on whether or not they like the green stuff, or have too much of the "other" green stuff.

If you know what you're doing, it's pretty easy to spoof different IPs. In most cases, a person knowing they're gonna get ban will start with using a spoofed IP in the first place.

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2006, 10:41 PM
I say pay-to-play game companies should be banning credit cards/paypal accounts/etc. It's easier to get a new game account or IP, but I'd like to see someone slam out a new credit card after each banning!

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry I don't believe rumors.

February
Nov 14, 2006, 10:50 PM
He can spam word bubles. from that, the rumors have started that he can hack anything. thats all it seems to be.

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-11-14 19:50, heavenly6 wrote:
He can spam word bubles. from that, the rumors have started that he can hack anything. thats all it seems to be.

Yeah, once a hacker makes a name for himself, people spread rumors all around making this guy known for some tiny hack. And I thought rumors without proof on these boards are locked? Why is things so hypricital around here? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ruyo
Nov 14, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-14 18:46, coolcat33333 wrote:

I watched the video you posted and I didn't really see anything indicating the user didn't just type the stuff out, maybe I missed something?

Nedeti
Nov 14, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-11-14 17:08, coolcat33333 wrote:
Greeeattt.....I hope that bastard ruins in hell for ruining my game...how old is this idiot anyways?

lol how old are you?

Wackonus
Nov 14, 2006, 11:05 PM
Who's Broomop? Is he like that nerdy fat guy from that episode of South Park who goes around screwing up everything for everyone because he has no life outside a computer? Someone like that?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
Man, you guys are just bowling pins to be knocked down putting yourself in the position he wants you in.

One of his forum members or even himself can start a rumor then you go spread it around like wild fire, giving him the attention and hype that he wants and lives for. If you just ignore the guy he will realize how worthless his life is and give up on the whole thing.

This is the same modivation serial killers and psyco's work off of, they see themselves in the media or hear about there murders and it drives them on to do more and more.

All you need to do is report anything to sega and let him get banned, keep it out of the forums and out of the "media"

hucast21
Nov 14, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-11-14 20:05, Wackonus wrote:
Who's Broomop? Is he like that nerdy fat guy from that episode of South Park who goes around screwing up everything for everyone because he has no life outside a computer? Someone like that?

Correct with a nerdy British accent to boot.

Merumeru
Nov 14, 2006, 11:19 PM
XD i wish i was an internet phantasy star online/universe celebrity like broomop, hell, if hacking is what it takes to get some attention...

watashiwa
Nov 14, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-11-14 20:19, Merumeru wrote:
hell, if hacking is what it takes to get some attention...

I thought you were already annoyed with all the guys giving you attention on the 360 version..

Make up your mind.. If you want attention that bad, I'll give you some, baby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wackonus
Nov 14, 2006, 11:36 PM
Ugh! I hate british accents. James Bond is the only person that sounds cool with that accent.

Wallin
Nov 14, 2006, 11:43 PM
OMG, Broom is hacking!!! He's making all the Nanocarbon in the player shops sell for more than the NPC shops! Please stop him Sega, please, someone make him stop!!! Wahhhh!! Okay, sorry, couldn't resist, LOL.

So far it's just the chat guys, really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If he had something else substantial it would be all over the internet, or in any case, he's the only one who can do it. So it doesn't really affect us unless you like having flame wars in the lobbies with yourself apparently. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Arislan
Nov 14, 2006, 11:47 PM
Alright, enough of this people, this thread is going nowhere.