PDA

View Full Version : I'm going for it with my PM's

_Tek_
Nov 14, 2006, 07:31 PM
I got 4 PM's and I'm going to attempt to make each one a perfect in striking, armor, etc.

I'm reading this psupedia guide and it appears this is possible but it'll probably consume my soul.

good idea, bad idea?

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 14, 2006, 07:33 PM
good idea for synthing I guess.

_Tek_
Nov 14, 2006, 07:34 PM
yeah that's for sure, but I was wondering if that screws them all up for gameplay when you invite them to yoru party.

it shouldn't i believe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-11-14 16:35 ]</font>

Muffin
Nov 14, 2006, 08:04 PM
Getting 4 different PMs to 100 each in a pure stat will cost you literally millions of mesata. You're better off just focusing on one at a time.

Purun~~

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 14, 2006, 08:13 PM
Well do one at a time, and im not sure what you mean by messing them up to go into gameplay?

Neith
Nov 14, 2006, 08:16 PM
The PM stats don't affect their combat ability, if that's what you mean.

And yeah, pure stat PM's would be nice for synthesising items.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 14, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'm making a pure Ranged PM so my Guntecher has a partner with a huge gun, who can also synth my S Rank and Rare guns. I already have a strike one, so I need a Ranged one to cover that base.

As for force and armor? LOL I'm patient to wait for NPCs to sell those. I like having my soul.

_Tek_
Nov 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
ok cool, and getting alot of meseta won't be to hard after awhile. I'll have my ways...

SinowZele
Nov 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
WoW - that's a massive challenge trying to get four perfectly pure PM's. Good luck, or I guess I should say: good patience.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:37 PM
Their stats effect the way they make items? So how would you have a perfect mag er....partner thing.

Cross
Nov 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
It doesn't cost that much. Ranged is only 20000 a day, Armour is free aside from an hour and a half spent making characters, Striking costs a maximum of 70000/day which is expensive but reduced every time you find a Moon Atomizer or melee weapon, and you can reduce the cost of the remaining parts signifigantly by synthesizing; you could probably get it done for about 20000/day provided you spend enough time playing that you can provide most of the synthesis ingredients just from your own leveling.
The closest to an irreducably expensive stat is Tech, which costs 100000/day, and can't really be reduced by synthesis as effectively as Striking.

Still, the total cost of raising one pure PM of each stat is about 1.5 million meseta, and you can reduce that by 100-200k by being smart about raising Striking.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:37, Wackonus wrote:
Their stats effect the way they make items? So how would you have a perfect mag er....partner thing.

In battle there is no difference in what a 100 Strike Mag does in terms of damage as opposed to a 30 Strike Mag. What makes them capable fighters is their Battle STrength. This raises only with Mission Ranks; S being the highest gain at 1/4 the gauge, and C... lol who gets C ranks?

As far as making items, a 100 Ranged Mag will have better success synthing super rare Twin Handguns and other Ranged weapons than a Mag with zero or less levels in Ranged.

Tips for getting mags with the highest pure stat possible:

Strike: Moon Atomizers, Fruit Juice, Tear of Light.
-All are easy to find or cheap to make. You're looking at 10-20 strike points per item, and some in tech. Better grab some -tech items to feed as well if you want a pure one.

Armor: Make a Cast all day and hijack his armor and parts.
-Beginner parts are like 8 points a piece and the armor is less, but it's free so why not?

Tech: Make a Force all day and hijack the wand.
-This essentially means you make 200 forces a day and steal their wands. Or you can farm all day and buy higher star force weapons to feed your mag. Either will take a while.

Ranged: 2* Traps from the Item NPC, and 5* traps from Hakura Temple.
-On a strict 2* NPC only diet of traps you get 6 levels every 12 hours. If you farm the hell out of Hakura Temple and get 100 traps between you, your friends, etc, you can get 12 PM levels every 12 hours. Either way this will be pure and require no other items to keep it pure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 17:47 ]</font>

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:42 PM
I see. That's kinda cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wackonus on 2006-11-15 17:43 ]</font>

Xeveous
Nov 15, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-11-14 17:04, Muffin wrote:
Getting 4 different PMs to 100 each in a pure stat will cost you literally millions of mesata. You're better off just focusing on one at a time.

Purun~~

Hehe lvl 100,my PM in extra mode is lvl 102 =P...wonder why it goes over 100...