PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has the Japanese version gotten all the updates

Wackonus
Nov 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
I wanna know if we're going to get any updates because if not I'm not gonna bother with getting online. The Japanese version has higher level caps and new everything, and correct me if I'm wrong but the North American version is getting screwed out of alot of stuff or are we just gonna get it when it's old to the Japanese?
Well what's your opinion on this matter. Sorry if the topic's already been brought up.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 14, 2006, 11:02 PM
its u, were on the same waiting period japanese had.

PJ
Nov 14, 2006, 11:03 PM
They had to wait a month

GTFO

JaiBlue
Nov 14, 2006, 11:06 PM
This has happend before when pso first came out, we're going to get are updates soon enough if you feel the that you cannot wait you should cancel your account now, not after reading this post I mean right now! or just put up with it like the rest of us.

Wackonus
Nov 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
I don't have one yet but it's just odd that they've got alot of updates and we didn't get one yet. Its like paying to play an incomplete game.

Ruby-chan
Nov 14, 2006, 11:21 PM
Correction. Japan got a free month, started pay time on 10/1 and got an update on 10/4. If you were to consider our 15 free days equal to their free month (ha ha ha ha ha ha) then it's a tad later than they got their update, but not by much.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=6291&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Wallin
Nov 14, 2006, 11:22 PM
I don't really care, but we're also missing out on everything seasonal because of this. No Halloween, now the Japanese just got an Autumn effect in their lobbies... if we have to wait a month, there's no way we're getting Christmas decorations or anything.

Wackonus
Nov 14, 2006, 11:25 PM
I guess I kinda overreacted my bad. I'll wait allittle longer until they get a couple updates then get online and play with my brother and friends. Sorry for acting like a baby.....okay maybe not sorry but I'll try not to do it again.

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
Err, wait, I made a mistake. The Japanese version got a 30 day trial with their game purchase in addition to the beta month. We got 15 days free with purchase of an online accout. So if we were to look at the time when servers "officially" started using up time purchased or given free, we should have had an update on October 28th, which actually makes us very late.

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 12:37 AM
I'm glad we don't have the update yet, cause I don't have the meseta to pay for the new Cast F parts, Laser Cannon, Grenade Launcher, PAs, and new Armor and SUV.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:39 AM
Ok thats cool, you can saty on parum we will all go to Moatoob

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 12:40 AM
pffff parum is crap neudaiz is the fun planet

-Crokar-
Nov 15, 2006, 12:42 AM
i dont really care im only lvl 17 so im perfectly fine with what i got now

bystander85
Nov 15, 2006, 12:51 AM
NA's "free trial" was a joke, we still had to pay for a subscription. I don't know if this was the same for the Japanese free trial. But since there are no CD keys on the NA ver, I guess I don't blame them.......

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:37, BioWarrior wrote:
I'm glad we don't have the update yet, cause I don't have the meseta to pay for the new Cast F parts, Laser Cannon, Grenade Launcher, PAs, and new Armor and SUV.

Boohoo nobody gives a shit about you. There are tons of players who CAN pay for new content and they deserve it.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 01:07 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:06, Marks wrote:

Boohoo nobody gives a shit about you. There are tons of players who CAN pay for new content and they deserve it.

With an attitude like that all you deserve is a steel toe to the nuts.

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 01:11 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:07, Xbob wrote:

Your no better until you provide some kind of substance to back up what your saying.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:23 AM

Nobody gives a shit about you either, buddy. You will wait patiently like the rest of us or you can go jump off a bridge or wait in line for a PS3. The Japanese waited. We can do it too. It's not going to kill us.

Ludamec
Nov 15, 2006, 01:41 AM
you know what, with the constant...CONSTANT whining I've seen on this board and the sega boards about updates.....it just might kill some of them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:41, Ludamec wrote:
you know what, with the constant...CONSTANT whining I've seen on this board and the sega boards about updates.....it just might kill some of them.

Hmm. You do have a point... ok. I retract my "it ain't gonna kill us" comment.

Drown
Nov 15, 2006, 02:00 AM
If you paid for the one time deal, you got a free month tacked on to your account.

So use that free month, and when that runs out we should have our content.

Wow, so much complaining on these forums. Is ten bucks a month really so damn expensive? Work a couple hours at minimum wage and you're done.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 02:11 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:00, Drown wrote:
If you paid for the one time deal, you got a free month tacked on to your account.

So use that free month, and when that runs out we should have our content.

Wow, so much complaining on these forums. Is ten bucks a month really so damn expensive? Work a couple hours at minimum wage and you're done.

Hell I find $100 bills in the street almost everyday. I guess we can't all live in rich neighborhoods and mooch off the other guys. But still. If $10 is a big deal I would hate to see the look on their faces when they get the cremation bill that your Grandmother had. I still cry over that. Her death mostly, but that bill was kind of a harsh present in death. >.>

Drown
Nov 15, 2006, 02:26 AM
Here's a little fun math for you cheapskates:

Let's assume, for one moment, that the average minimum wage is $2.50(which is, of course, ridiculous). PSU costs a grand total of $10 a month for the online fee.

Now, allow me to crunch these apparently too complicated numbers for you...

That would mean that you need to work a total of...
1 hour a week in order to pay for your game fee!

If you're too damn lazy to work one hour a week to pay the fee, then stop wasting the rest of our time bitching about the cost of playing the game vs the content currently online. There are plenty of free games out there which you don't need to pay a dime of your precious money for.

Not to mention the free things in life such as taking a walk, enjoying a sunrise, or generally anything that gets your whining out of the way of people who are actually capable of having a reasonable conversation on a forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drown on 2006-11-14 23:27 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:11, Marks wrote:

On 2006-11-14 22:07, Xbob wrote:

Your no better until you provide some kind of substance to back up what your saying.

Lol do you even KNOW how much the prices in the update for equipment is going to be? to get the bare minimum i expect ill have to pay atleast 500,000meseta and this update delay is just buying me more time to make the money so i can use the update to its fullest

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 02:38 AM
If anything they shouldn't be complaining about the wait of the Content Update. This gives us more time to horde meseta for when the stuff is unlocked, as well as horde items to price gouge for the europeans. >:3

SonicTMP
Nov 15, 2006, 02:41 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:41, Ludamec wrote:

And I was told it was only like 1% of the population that was upset and complaining.. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2006-11-14 23:42 ]</font>

Drown
Nov 15, 2006, 02:43 AM
People do love to complain.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 15, 2006, 02:49 AM
Could it be that (SHOCK!) the content may be released *after* the PAL release? At least you guys have the game.

[Actually the original poster was South Australian... Hmmm... Importer eh?

Actually i just saw that supposedly you arn't aussie. hmm who the hell i am thinking of? Maybe in the 30 seconds after posting they changed his location. if not im lossing it.

It's kinda sad that i visit this forum everyday even without owning the game yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UltraDeeDer on 2006-11-14 23:58 ]</font>

Drown
Nov 15, 2006, 02:52 AM
On 2006-11-14 23:49, UltraDeeDer wrote:
Could it be that (SHOCK!) the content may be released *after* the PAL release? At least you guys have the game.

Actually the original poster was South Australian... Hmmm... Importer eh?

It's kinda sad that i visit this forum everyday even without owning the game yet.

It must REALLY bother you to hear all the bitching and moaning that goes on around here. Must be all the watery beer these guys suffice on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Superguppie
Nov 15, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hmmm, all worried about not getting your updates at the same time as the Japanese? How about this: I am in Europe, I have to wait to play the game at all. Unless the Europeans get their own separate servers, by the time I could get online, all would be known, all would be done. Nothing new for me. And I would have higher level people running all over the place calling me names for not being highlevel. I would have people bugging me to speed to higher level instead of enjoying the game...and I could rant on here....
There are people who have to wait for a month just to get the game, and it will be 'old' by the time they do. And you're worried about waiting a few more days for some update? Why can't you just be happy with what you get?

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 04:12 AM
On 2006-11-15 01:04, Superguppie wrote:
Hmmm, all worried about not getting your updates at the same time as the Japanese? How about this: I am in Europe, I have to wait to play the game at all. Unless the Europeans get their own separate servers, by the time I could get online, all would be known, all would be done. Nothing new for me. And I would have higher level people running all over the place calling me names for not being highlevel. I would have people bugging me to speed to higher level instead of enjoying the game...and I could rant on here....
There are people who have to wait for a month just to get the game, and it will be 'old' by the time they do. And you're worried about waiting a few more days for some update? Why can't you just be happy with what you get?

I see where you are coming from but, Honestly do you think you're ever gonna be the first to discover anythying? Someone is always gonna find secret items or special power before you or me because we can;t spend every waking minute on the game and certain people can.

Kerik
Nov 15, 2006, 05:39 AM
On 2006-11-15 01:12, mogshaz wrote:

I see where you are coming from but, Honestly do you think you're ever gonna be the first to discover anythying? Someone is always gonna find secret items or special power before you or me because we can;t spend every waking minute on the game and certain people can.

You know, I see this and I think that's wrong. Just because you can't spend every waking minute on the game doesn't mean you won't be the first to do something. I mean, sure, some people have been able to get a god send of stuff for being hardcore (FoH on Veeshan in Everquest comes to mind.)

But, that doesn't mean YOU can't find someone no one else has. Most people that play for awhile just horde it and sell it at unreasonable prices because NO ONE knows where to get it.

Rude people these days, sheesh.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 06:11 AM
Not to fuel any fires. But I fail to see the reason of keeping us held back in time from the Japaneses, when we aren't even linked to them (PC/PS2)... I'm pretty sure the Japaneses aren't going to go crazy about giving us what they already have. I also fail to see how it took so long to give the game to the Euro. Especially since from what I understand the game content is already on the CD, except for those very few files they may make/host server-side.

I'm merely pointing this out, as I quickly came to the terms that I'm going to have to wait, so might as well sit and be patient.

Kou-Diacyper
Nov 15, 2006, 06:34 AM
To prolong the longevity of the game.

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 07:41 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:11, GeoHolyhart wrote:
Not to fuel any fires. But I fail to see the reason of keeping us held back in time from the Japaneses, when we aren't even linked to them (PC/PS2)... I'm pretty sure the Japaneses aren't going to go crazy about giving us what they already have. I also fail to see how it took so long to give the game to the Euro. Especially since from what I understand the game content is already on the CD, except for those very few files they may make/host server-side.

I'm merely pointing this out, as I quickly came to the terms that I'm going to have to wait, so might as well sit and be patient.

PSOGC had all the european languages on the NA disc, yet EU version came out a good 6 months later at the least.

Superguppie
Nov 15, 2006, 08:19 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:11, GeoHolyhart wrote:

And that is basicaly what I was trying to say to the people here. I am so used to getting everything late, and having to see things happen while I can't be part of it. I got a bit annoyed to see people complain about having to wait while their (potential) friends were still waiting to even get the game. Patience is a virtue.

As for the being able or inable to find anything new, I am confident ST has put some things so deep they won't be found before I can get on. I am also confident that in the future, when everybody can play there will be new content that will be there at the same time for all at the same servers.
But from what I understand, by the time I get there, the game will be new to me, and old for all the people already there. That can lead to some very unstimulating situations where I can only do the things that have already been done before. Where all I can do is catch up, instead of explore the new world. I sometimes wish there would be separate servers for EU just to tackle this problem.
I had the same when I got FFXI, two years after the Japanese release (and these people were playing on the same servers) At the same time the Chains of Promathia expansion was also released. New content to make the game new for the new and the old players. Except, I first had do what the first people had done 2 years ago, just to get to the really new stuff. Now I have been playing for 2 years, and I am there when the new stuff hits. And I am part of at least parts of it. That is stimulating.
With regard to this, I hope there is no new content on the US/EU servers until the EU people have gotten a decent chance to catch up. And the US people will have to be patient like I have been patient.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2006-11-15 05:33 ]</font>

Grigori
Nov 15, 2006, 08:29 AM
Seriously, has anyone tried to contact the US Sega about this? They don't seem to be updating their site with info on the game, and it sounds like they're just neglecting the US version.

Realmz
Nov 15, 2006, 09:37 AM

if you get the PC/ps2 version i've got some nice rifles if you wanna be a ranger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shade-
Nov 15, 2006, 10:32 AM

Wow dude, you're a fucking dick. You don't deserve shit as far as you can throw it. GTFO the internet and learn how to interface with real people.

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:38 AM
um... the reason Japan gets updates first might be because... um... It came out first? the developement team is FROM JAPAN. if you were making the updates would you implement them on a foreign version before your own country's version? also the time gap is likely synched for servers, 'cause that's how they roll... All this ranting about updates is annoying me, seeing as though I DON'T GET ANY! NONE! I AM TRAPPED OFFLINE AND GET NO ADDITIONAL CONTENT! STOP MAKING ME SAD!

Thrash777
Nov 15, 2006, 10:43 AM
Why are so many people still complaining about updates!? It's been discussed to exhaustion, and we all know what the reasons and results are. It's only a month difference in wait, so chill and enjoy the ride!

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:45 AM
yes, who cares so long as you DO get them, at least they aren't pulling what they did with the release date, seriously 8 MONTHS?!

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
As long as we get everything that were supposed to have within the next 3 months that would be fine. Anything longer then that is sham to leech this game for as long as they can. I really want to see NEW content in at least 4 months. NEW content not UNLOCKED content. Its not like this game is graphically or physic heavy, most of the stuff is model design and a lil bit of coding. Most of the characters I can model on 3ds max in like 2 days, then some coder can come and do the rest. So the shit isnt that hard, and Im just 1 21 year old college student, ST has quiet a few people working for them lol.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-11-15 07:32, Shade- wrote:

Wow dude, you're a fucking dick. You don't deserve shit as far as you can throw it. GTFO the internet and learn how to interface with real people.

NO! God you damned CAST. Stop interfacing with my cyber brain. Try a real conversation ya damn cyber terrorists.

>_______>

BAN INTERFACING WITH HUMANS, BEASTS AND NEWMANS! DOWN WITH CASTS AND THIER EVIL WI-FI AND USB CONNECTIVITY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 09:06 ]</font>

Relam
Nov 15, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-15 07:32, Shade- wrote:

NO! God you damned CAST. Stop interfacing with my cyber brain. Try a real conversation ya damn cyber terrorists.

>_______>

BAN INTERFACING WITH HUMANS, BEASTS AND NEWMANS! DOWN WITH CASTS AND THIER EVIL WI-FI AND USB CONNECTIVITY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 09:06 ]</font>

This is starting to sound like Ghost in the Shell.

"I'm in ur brain makin u see things! Here's a fat naked guy eating chicken!"

Superguppie
Nov 16, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-11-15 06:37, Realmz wrote:
if you get the PC/ps2 version i've got some nice rifles if you wanna be a ranger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Although I did have characters of all classes, I used to be a RAmar mostly on PSO, and I expect I will ranger mostly be on PSU.
Version has not yet been decided. I have all 3 platforms and will let friends decide which one we will be on.
....that is, IF I decide it will be worth to go online. The first FSOD report is in. If that is not a hoax, I'm already done with the online content of PSU.
If I have to pick a platform for offline, it will probably be the XBox360.