PDA

View Full Version : OUCH! 5.5 from IGN PC...

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 12:16 AM
It's the exact same review from the PS2 section.... only a worse score! Dangit! I wonder if anyone in the press actually likes this game...?

jnblz316
Nov 15, 2006, 12:18 AM
I don't think they do at all

JaiBlue
Nov 15, 2006, 12:21 AM
Ign is a biased buch of non game playing adults who b*tch whine at any game that gives them a hard time.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:24 AM
Or maybe PSU is just a flop.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 15, 2006, 12:24 AM
Its there opinion... if they liked psu youd say OH I LOVE IGN, but they dont so you hate them.

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'm still waiting for Gamespy to chime in on this one, since I usually agree with Gamespy's reviews on things and they spend extra time reviewing online games... But no review has been forthcoming, even though Neverwinter Nights which is also an online RPG and came out after PSU has a review.. which either means.. A) They're playing it so much they can't review it or B) They don't want to upset Sega after they paid the $$ to put that gigantic week-long PSU preview up.

Edit: And on the Sega thing.. well.. recently the ST releases have kind of been sub-par to be honest. the IGN review, if you read it, does have some very honest points made in it, especially about the network performance in light of the $9.99/month fee.

Also I suspect that the PC version scored lower than the PS2 one because the PC version doesn't make use of the PC hardware. The maximum resolution the game will run at is rather low, and some of the low-res textures that were used are painfully obvious, especially when it zooms in on lobby clerks for the tutorial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-14 21:29 ]</font>

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 12:25 AM
they love Never Winter Nights, WoW, etc. I really don't think they like SEGA in general. They always score them low

Natasha_M
Nov 15, 2006, 12:35 AM
IGN has been a respected source of reviews and inside details on games. I think they elaborated clearly on why its got 5.5. At least its passable not bad. its not like they gave it 1/10.

As for gamespy they recently gave a rare Perfect score to The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess (Wii) so far that sounds like a game perfectly made and prob a bigger over world than PSU lol.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 15, 2006, 12:39 AM
Be reasonable, its hard to give PSU a good score right now, as the content on it is very low

They arent gonna score it a 8, where all you do is do de ragan and neudaiz over and over from the very beginning

Now if this game had its updates i would expect a better score than that

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:40 AM
or maybe PSU is just a FLop

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 12:41 AM
Oh I absolutely agree that ST has been slacking a bit, but I think if you surf through the PC reviews and just look at the scores, there aren't many below 7.0. Yeah, they made good points but it just doesn't feel like PSU is as bad as the other games of similar scores.... IMO. I think maybe they were let down by the hype machine. I agreed with the PS2 score of 6.5... 5.5 is just too hard to swallow

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:42 AM
Well It's not just the amount of content. It's slammed for lots and lots of problems in the game. But I think this paragraph speaking about online specifically was the most telling..
The online experience on the PS2 is spotty in some cases, but, in our experience, generally a bit smoother than the Xbox 360 version. As you run through the dungeons, other players alongside you sometimes skip around and move in jerky, lagged animations. It also takes too long for each online player's textures to load up so that each time you enter a room, you'll see blank generic outlines of the character which get filled in with the textures about five seconds later. Additionally, enemy locations don't always synch up with where other players are, so you end up seeing a fellow teammate facing a wall and striking thin air while an enemy that is on the other side of your screen takes damage from their attacks. Why exactly are you required to pay 10 dollars a month to play this game? The money clearly isn't going towards maintaining a solid persistent world. The online quality here isn't as good as many free games, the amount of data being stored with regard to your player and room is minimal and, as we'll discuss below, there really isn't a whole lot to see and do.

They overhyped PSU far too much, simple as that. I think JP PSU got a pretty good score from famitsu though... was atleast a 30/40

With the amount of online games invading the US, from domestic retailors, Korea, and Japan, and just how much is provided on US networks for free, I have to wonder if perhaps the Japanese gamers don't have as much online competition as games here do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-14 21:45 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 12:42 AM
They overhyped PSU far too much, simple as that. I think JP PSU got a pretty good score from famitsu though... was atleast a 30/40

ProfessorZ
Nov 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
PSU might just be a flop. Its never gonna bring back what PSO was. Or they just misfired

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 12:57 AM
they tried to ".hack/xenosaga" us on content, I didn't expect to get a decent score, but they hit upon things I didn't even really consider.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 12:58 AM
Bad reviews tend to make me notice things I wouldn't have otherwise, ignorance is bliss and I am enjoying PSU without having flaws pointed out to me, thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

StillOffline
Nov 15, 2006, 12:59 AM
personally, when i have been telling people this game is awesome, i do feel like i have been justifying my purchase a little bit. with the wait and then the cost of the game, it is hard to admit that i have actually been let down a lot. a 5.5 is deserving if you ask me, however i feel that if i stick with this game it will get much better over a few updates. i feel some of the "slow loading" that ign pointed out is a good thing though, because it lowers the lag when moving from area to area and lessens loading times. however, not releasing the whole game is probably what got such a low score. call it a "marketing ploy" or whatever, but i fear its just a way of milking the game as long as possible, and thus i fear there isnt going to be lots of end game content, since they are delaying the length of time for us to get to end game.

Ryude
Nov 15, 2006, 01:47 AM
There is a third planet that is available in the story mode which is surprisingly locked online, supposedly so that new content can be "added" in the future to help justify the 10 bucks a month that you're required to pay to play the network mode. Even with this new planet and all of the missions present in the story mode that are missing online, there isn't nearly enough to see. With the PS2 being the lead SKU, adding significant content through downloads in the future is unlikely as anything that would be made available online would have to fit on a PS2 memory card. New weapons and enemies might appear, but any large environments to explore that aren't already on the disc likely won't happen. PC gamers are used to large expansions for subscription games and they aren't likely to get them.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 15, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:25, Nia wrote:
they love Never Winter Nights, WoW, etc. I really don't think they like SEGA in general. They always score them low

Well chromehounds was a SEGA onine game, and they said that it was good gameplay, but sega raped the online play and even with a server update every week the game was just full of issues. Ofcourse the game was made by 'FROM software' SEGA's servers were nessecary for online play.

Ras
Nov 15, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:24, Genobee wrote:
Or maybe PSU is just a flop.

This is looking to be the most competitive video game holiday season ever, especially if you extend it into January for the WoW expansion. Releasing an online game that looks and plays like one from 2000 with 75% of the content "locked" and requiring a monthly fee while lacking all the basic features that have been available in the online persistent world genre for the last six years is not going to cut it. Christmas will come and go, and no one that isn't a Phantasy Star fan is going to remember that PSU was even released. The game was made for the Japanese market, and we're just an afterthought.

I like the game, but it's a flop.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 15, 2006, 03:14 AM
I have found that almost all Big Name game reviewers are pretty crappy. Game Informer is the most reliable as far as ratings go. imo of course.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 03:18 AM
...so I just opened my new PC mag and the very last page made my pants get tighter. It had multiple Blood Elves posing for the new Intel Core Extreme thing. I wubbed it. :3

I mean... uh... I guess it's a good thing I already have my copy of PSU and love it, otherwise that review might have meant something to me.

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 03:28 AM
Ill admit, parts of the game are flawed, but Im still willing to give the people as Sega who actualy care about this project to salvage it and make it the game it was supposed to be. Heck they are already planning a sequel. I hope the fans, or even the not-so-fans dont just up and kill it off. I feel that would be tragic. Surpeised at the score? No Im not. But it takes more than bad/mediocre reviews for me to just give up on this game.

perdition
Nov 15, 2006, 03:44 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:25, Ruby-chan wrote:
I'm still waiting for Gamespy to chime in on this one, since I usually agree with Gamespy's reviews on things and they spend extra time reviewing online games... But no review has been forthcoming, even though Neverwinter Nights which is also an online RPG and came out after PSU has a review.. which either means.. A) They're playing it so much they can't review it or B) They don't want to upset Sega after they paid the $$ to put that gigantic week-long PSU preview up.

Edit: And on the Sega thing.. well.. recently the ST releases have kind of been sub-par to be honest. the IGN review, if you read it, does have some very honest points made in it, especially about the network performance in light of the $9.99/month fee.

Also I suspect that the PC version scored lower than the PS2 one because the PC version doesn't make use of the PC hardware. The maximum resolution the game will run at is rather low, and some of the low-res textures that were used are painfully obvious, especially when it zooms in on lobby clerks for the tutorial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-14 21:29 ]</font>

Pso-world is hosted by gamespy so to be giving the game a bad review could be a conflict of interest. i doubt you ever see a review on it on gamespy.The unbiased reviewers hath spoken, PSU is dated and thats why it has gotten such low scores.

GUN
Nov 15, 2006, 04:57 AM
Being that PSU has not even been out in the US for a month yet, and that there are a lot of threads about empty servers, it would seem the take up has not been great. And as pointed out above, with the new Burning Crusade expanssion out very soon it's hard to see much changing.

I really do hope there are still a few peeps out there when I finally get online next week!!

Authenticate
Nov 15, 2006, 05:13 AM
It doesn't bother me that they gave it the score they did. PSU will get my $10 a month as long as I'm entertained by it.

EC_Subbie
Nov 15, 2006, 05:15 AM
I wonder if these low scores will still apply many months down the line after tons of content is released. Really they've only reviewed a beta version at this point.

Rizen
Nov 15, 2006, 05:18 AM
I honestly dont look at reviewer's scoring of games. I look more at what they say.
Anyway, PSU isnt 'complete' yet with there being many patches to come to improve the game. Im sure that once player team missions pick up and story comes out it will get better.

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 05:22 AM
Normally when they do reviews of MMOs (i know this is not an MMO) they will mention that MMOS always have server issues, lack or content and bugs but they seem to be leaving that out of the reviews because they can't forsee that A. Sega will fix the lag, B. add more content than what is already in the single player and extra mode (both of which IGn believes don't have enough content for an online game). My only problem with the review is that i have spent an assload of time playing the game and have had nowhere short of a good time. so....

My opion of the game > IGNs opinion of the game

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 05:32 AM
The content on jp atm vastly improves this game, only 2 months down the line. But Sega are absolutely cutting their throats if they do not release new content before EU gets online. My reasoning? With Moatoob and expert class in place, PSU would get WAY higher marks. Expert class is just so much fucking fun. We need the EU market. Much as I disagree with these retarded reviews and don't give a fuck for content, I am PRAYING for it if only for the sake of the player base.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 05:33 AM
Also lol, Americans are greedy and stupid.

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 06:13 AM
On 2006-11-15 02:33, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I find it difficult to be both Greedy and stupid at the same time. Normally, in order to gather material wealth intelligence at some level is necessary. maybe i am just an especially intelligent greedy stupid american. also, your tourettes inspired posts every day bring a warm glow to the deepest reaches of my heart.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 06:26 AM
IGN's review is completely justified. They pointed out many flaws. They didn't score it without reason. Basically when reviewing a game every individual score (graphics, sound, gameplay, etc) is averaged. When you look at it like that you can see why.

The graphics are outdated compared to every other paying and even many free online games. I personally don't mind the graphics, but I also wouldn't have mind if they were better. The soundtrack... well, do I even need to say it? I won't bother explaining everything else, because we all know them well.

I love the game personally, but that's my personal taste. IGN doesn't review on personal taste, but technical view points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-15 03:35 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:34 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:13, mogshaz wrote:

I find it difficult to be both Greedy and stupid at the same time. Normally, in order to gather material wealth intelligence at some level is necessary. maybe i am just an especially intelligent greedy stupid american. also, your tourettes inspired posts every day bring a warm glow to the deepest reaches of my heart.

tee-why.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 07:34 AM
Stop reading game reviews. Don't let people control what you are interested in playing.

Miyoko
Nov 15, 2006, 07:39 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

You can't spell "Ignorance" without "IGN". >_>

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 07:51 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-15 03:13, mogshaz wrote:

tee-why.

LOL. Funny that you didn't understand that. He burned you badly.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 07:56 AM
On 2006-11-15 04:51, Ryogen wrote:

LOL. Funny that you didn't understand that. He burned you badly.

I did understand it, greed does not always result in attaining the fruits of said greed.

You are an idiot and from that I can only surmise you must be poor! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Also you must be an absolute fucking pan-handling hobo to not grasp the deep, multi-faceted layers of sarcasm in my post right there.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 08:01 AM
"tee-why." dosen't show me anything of sarcasm. Maybe I thought it was your character, but not everything is noticable in the other eye. So you can just say that was visible sarcasm to the reader.

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 08:26 AM
On 2006-11-15 05:01, Ryogen wrote:
"tee-why." dosen't show me anything of sarcasm. Maybe I thought it was your character, but not everything is noticable in the other eye. So you can just say that was visible sarcasm to the reader.

"Think you're a little lost, there, heh. Add these two together...

On 2006-11-15 04:56, -Shimarisu- wrote:You are an idiot and from that I can only surmise you must be poor! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

+

On 2006-11-15 04:56, -Shimarisu- wrote:Also you must be an absolute fucking pan-handling hobo to not grasp the deep, multi-faceted layers of sarcasm in my post right there.

"It was in the same post.

Burned, heh? Don't jump on a bandwagon to attack someone when you think another forum goer is dishing it out and you can follow suit, especially when you're confused and already misdirecting yourself.

-Shimarisu- merely posted 'tee-why', aka, 'TY', or, 'Thank You', and sometimes, as probable in this case, 'lol, internet'.

Why can't we all just be friends? :3

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 08:33 AM
There are just some people who just want to be jerks. There are some that want to be ignorant, rude, selfish and anal about things. One likes to make jokes, but one gets mad when the jokes on them. Dosen't bother me at all, that is just how people want to guide themselves to be on the internet. Dosen't ruin my day what-so-ever. I wish we could all be friends though, but I don't think one whom has an ignorant attack on Americans being stupid and greedy (sarcastic? nah), is one to be freindly with. XD

I have nothing against anyone here anyway, so ya know. It's the internet. I though -Shimarisu- more of a "ok" or a question without a question mark, but there is a lot to be understood about..things. So If I'm wrong, my fault. I wrong myself, to learn a lesson to live though the damn dephs of the internet for another day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-15 05:36 ]</font>

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 08:44 AM
On 2006-11-15 05:33, Ryogen wrote:
There are just some people who just want to be jerks. There are some that want to be ignorant, rude, selfish and anal about things. One likes to make jokes, but one gets mad when the jokes on them. Dosen't bother me at all, that is just how people want to guide themselves to be on the internet. Dosen't ruin my day what-so-ever. I wish we could all be friends though, but I don't think one whom has an ignorant attack on Americans being stupid and greedy (sarcastic? nah), is one to be freindly with. XD

I have nothing against anyone here anyway, so ya know. It's the internet. I though -Shimarisu- more of a "ok" or a question without a question mark, but there is a lot to be understood about..things. So If I'm wrong, my fault. I wrong myself, to learn a lesson to live though the damn dephs of the internet for another day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

"Some valid points, but -Shimarisu- also had a valid point as well. I live in America. A large percentage of Americans are retarded.

Trust me on this one.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 08:49 AM
Despite my enjoyment while playing PSU, I'd give it a 5.5 no doubt. That's what it deserves at launch. That's what Sega deserves.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
On 2006-11-15 05:44, Collar wrote:

"Some valid points, but -Shimarisu- also had a valid point as well. I live in America. A large percentage of Americans are retarded.

Trust me on this one.

Depends on what (or who) in particular. Ya know, there are stupid people everywhere, but it seems well...It's more of a debatable comment if you know what I mean. It's a point, but I'm the kind to talk on those kind of issues. There are many people who have money or/and have power that are just do challenged to manage it. There are many who view one incident and blame a whole race, religion, ethnic, etc. It's just debatable comment, but I cant really debate about it here. Not on PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So I can -Shimarisu- a peice of the pie for it, but that is just a discussion brewing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 08:59 AM
Can you guys please stop to political correction 'arguement'? -.- I'd like to stay on the topic because many people (like me) are concerned for the future of the western version of psu. Will we get christmas lobbies? Or will we be 2 months behind Japan for those as well? -.-

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 09:00 AM
On 2006-11-15 05:59, Carlo210 wrote:
Can you guys please stop to political correction 'arguement'? -.- I'd like to stay on the topic because many people (like me) are concerned for the future of the western version of psu. Will we get christmas lobbies? Or will we be 2 months behind Japan for those as well? -.-

That is why we play the wating game bro, and have some faith in SEGA of America. That's all we can do. People can pull rumors out their mouthes, but the wating game and good refrence is what it takes.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 09:05 AM
Double post**

Anyways, I can trust SEGA all I want, but that doesn't change what they've been showing us thus far (imo, of course -.-). I'm just not a big fan of connection errors and skimpy content compared to almost every other game out there (especially with an online fee) for 15$ a month canadian (13$ a month US). And don't tell me to be passive over the fact that I'm giving SEGA 15$ a month. I don't care if it's not a lot to you, but I need all the money I can. Sorry if you are better off than everyone else and can happily spend money on what -if made by most any other developer- would surely be a free game.
Too bad I have hope for the game, otherwise I'd be off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-11-15 06:14 ]</font>

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 09:13 AM
Is anyone who has already played this game for a month gonna stop just because IGN gave it a bad review? I am not contending that IGN is wrong. The game has serious flaws but nothing so serious that its broken. Just need more content and less lag. Thats not too bad for an online game. Now if the controls sucked or it was extremely buggy that would be a problem.

BTW: Ryogen, you don;t need to apologize, shim is an attention whore who makes it a habit to bother other people. misunderstanding or not he was the one who caused the problem to begin with.

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
Personally, the only reviews worth my time are X-Play's, They hate everything!
(a 3/5 is GOOD on X-play, 4/5 is awesome, 5/5 if so awesome that nobody gets one ever (KHII got a 4.5, they only pulled that for that game))
Critical game reviews! Sveen and Yoush!
But I place no value on the reviews on Judgement Day, they let the hosts review games by their OWN COMPANIES, talk about biased, of course you like the game, you helped make it for Flowen's sake!
(Don't you dare say that none of you watch G4 either...)

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 09:25 AM
I think the problem I have is that PSU can easily turn the way of psox. With SEGA's logic, we aren't due for updates until 2 months (or so) after the Japanese have recieved them. We haven't recieved any content-less updates, though, such as lobby skins and so forth. Will we get christmas lobbies? Probably not until February. Go Sega! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif -.-
My issue isn't just with christmas lobbies, but I'm linking this all to how little SEGA cares about western servers. Sure, we are the smaller market, but what they did with psox is absolutely dispicable and if I see anything of the sort in the future of psu360 or any western version of psu, then I will not give them my 15$ a month. Sorry, fanwagons.

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-11-15 06:23, Blu_Swade wrote:
(a 3/5 is GOOD on X-play, 4/5 is awesome, 5/5 if so awesome that nobody gets one ever (KHII got a 4.5, they only pulled that for that game))
But I place no value on the reviews on Judgement Day, they let the hosts review games by their OWN COMPANIES, talk about biased, of course you like the game, you helped make it for Flowen's sake!

Now you're talking my language X-Play has some of the best reviews EVER! I don;t have G4 anymore but i heard they changed the hosts which is kind of weak.

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:47 AM
I have to say I don't find anything to disagree with in the IGN review. I wasn't expecting PSU to be straight port of the PS2 game (And never mind no mouse/enhanced video support--my personal favorite thing is that if I switch to another app in fullscreen mode, the game quits. WTF?), and they're right--compared to every other subscription PC online RPG, PSU gives very little bang for the buck.

But they're right about the "addiction factor," too, and as always with the Phantasy Star titles, PSU's team model is one other games really should rip from. If there's anything I detest about MMORPGs, it's standing around LFG'ing when I don't have friends online to play with, and I just don't have the patience for it. I think I play with more PUGs in one night in PSU than I do in a month of WoW, even with its vastly bigger player base.

So I'll be around for a while, see how the updates go and...see when and if the addiction wears off, I guess.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 10:16 AM
LOL at the people who say they don't have any disagreements with the fucking review.

The game scored 5 point FUCKING 5. You are basically saying "I have really poor taste, know this game sucks, and have no problem with wasting my life playing it."

COME ON, DO YOU REALLY AGREE WITH THE REVIEW?

If you do, stop FUCKING PLAYING THIS GAME.

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 10:19 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:16, -Shimarisu- wrote:
LOL at the people who say they don't have any disagreements with the fucking review.

The game scored 5 point FUCKING 5. You are basically saying "I have really poor taste, know this game sucks, and have no problem with wasting my life playing it."

Or keep playing the game cause you know it will get better after the updates and admittance of poor quality doesn't mean you're "wasting your life"

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:24 AM
On 2006-11-15 06:26, mogshaz wrote:

On 2006-11-15 06:23, Blu_Swade wrote:

Now you're talking my language X-Play has some of the best reviews EVER! I don;t have G4 anymore but i heard they changed the hosts which is kind of weak.

Nope the Sess and Webb-meister are still in charge, they do have guest hots on occasion, though, and they've a new set.

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 10:37 AM

You know, there are a lot of decaffinated brands that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:47 AM
remember that the review is merely a reflection of the reviewer's personal opinion and nothing more.

DraginHikari
Nov 15, 2006, 10:52 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:47, Blu_Swade wrote:
remember that the review is merely a reflection of the reviewer's personal opinion and nothing more.

A personal opinion that was probably gather from 5-10 minutes of gameplay more then likely XD

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
remember that when you consult reviews, only listen to reviewers that you oft agree with, if they have similar taste in games, then you can use them to know whether a game is worth your time.

zofia
Nov 15, 2006, 11:02 AM

I did. Last night. Got so bad I couldn't MAKE myself play. It just suddenly hit me, how bad this game really is. I guess the 'I loved PSO so much that PSU must be good too' vibe finally wore off.

PSU for PC got the review it deserved.

Actually, were I to write that review -- and that's given my pedigree of several thousand hours with PSO (a game I rank #1 in my overall video game library) -- I would rank PSU for PC more like a 4, maybe even as low as a 2.5.

This game is a disappointment.

No anti-aliasing, low res, some crap texture work (my gawd I think the horizon in Parum meadow is THE worst graphics I've seen since the original NES), uninspired music (esp. compared to PSO), mindless missions, reskinning and re-use of monster AI within the already limited areas available (unforgivable in a 'next gen' action rpg), limited chat support compared to current games, the list goes on.

It's a mmo-like grind without the content to at least 'mask' the grind. This game's grind is so utterly transparent that I think the name of its very first mission says it all: Linear Line.

The gamble to replace spinning red rares with synthing fails.

The gamble to replace mags with partner machinery fails.

Those are survivable mistakes, though.

The all-around sloppiness and limited nature of this game, after all they SHOULD have learned over the years...

That's the killing blow.

Rest in Peave PSO, you were a landmark game in your day.

Die In Ignominy PSU, which we all know you will.

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 11:02 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:55, Blu_Swade wrote:
remember that when you consult reviews, only listen to reviewers that you oft agree with

Wise policy for all of life--exposing yourself to opinions contrary to your own only leads to unnecessary learning and growth.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 11:11 AM
"""OL at the people who say they don't have any disagreements with the fucking review.

If you do, stop FUCKING PLAYING THIS GAME. """

I don't expect a game that has >much< less content than any other monthly-fee'd game to score anywhere >near< its competition. Frankly, its competition deserves the better score. Hands down.
Maybe once 6 months of updates come out (if they are on par with the moatoob/expert class update) will this game be on par with most MMOs at their launch, but that's not what counts. What counts is that we are paying 10$ a month (13$ for me) for a game that won't be near complete for a long time (don't push this ''wait and see'' garbage on me - we've all seen SEGA do their work to their western customers and it's pretty farking ugly). We are playing an incomplete game and --no matter how fun it may be-- it's still unarguably incomplete. Thank you.
I'll continue playing PSU, but SEGA better shape up and be at least somewhat courtious to our western monthly payments, whether they like us or not. -.-

Yeah, I'm complaining. I'm sorry I don't think I can spend a long amount of time playing PSU with things like holiday/seasonal themes 2 months after the actual holiday/season and so forth. Sure, the japanese had to wait 2 months for their first update, but they also got the game first. Even the playing field, SEGA, because I haven't been treated like this for any game I've payed a full priced monthly fee for.

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 11:22 AM
Damn, Psu got kicked in the small japanese nuts.

Hopefully ST/SEGA saves the one genre of game they could make millions off of and come out with an expansion pack after christmas to add about 90%+ content to the game. Better yet, unlock all the fucking content that we should already have so people have more to do then grind the same dumb ass pointless missions over and over. I mean shit, throw in a NPC scene or scenery explosions or movement or some shit.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 11:25 AM
We won't get downloads - this game came out on the ps2. I told you so (to anyone who remembers that dreaded topic way back when). Now we gotta pay for expansion packs, yet pay 13$ a month for a whole bunch of nothing.
I like being screwed over. -.-

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 11:27 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:25, Carlo210 wrote:
We won't get downloads - this game came out on the ps2. I told you so (to anyone who remembers that dreaded topic way back when). Now we gotta pay for expansion packs, yet pay 13$ a month for a whole bunch of nothing.
I like being screwed over. -.-

I wouldnt mind paying 20$ for an expansion pack if it came with over 70% NEW content. And no im not talking about 70% of stuff that is locked and you have to wait a month befor they open up the first 10%.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 11:35 AM
I'd happily pay 20$ to get a complete game, only if the monthly fee wasn't as stupidly high as it is (it's priced near non-intanced mmos for heaven's sake).

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:35, Carlo210 wrote:
I'd happily pay 20$ to get a complete game, only if the monthly fee wasn't as stupidly high as it is (it's priced near non-intanced mmos for heaven's sake).

Yeah I said a while back that the 10$ a month fee was going to be a big drawback to this game. They would have been so much more better off, offering the game for free on the site, and charging 5$ a month, and then for the people on console, if they purchase the game for 50$ then at least give them the first half year free. More people would have been drawn to play this game for sure. And people cant really say shit about that making the servers crowded, because there are PLENTY of universes that are DEAD EMPTY. I still have yet to see universe 3 full again since first week release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-15 08:39 ]</font>

Callous
Nov 15, 2006, 01:37 PM
Not that review scores matter any to me, and I have a LOT of complaints about PSU myself, but it seems fairly obvious that these reviewers don't "get" PSO/PSU. It's not about flashy graphics and a million levels to do. It's about hacking and slashing your way through hordes of monsters while having a laugh in company of people (and about not doing it by just clicking a mouse on your enemy). It's about atmosphere. An atmosphere that is completely different from anything else out there. Admittedly, PSU doesn't succeed here as well as PSO does (as I see it), but for someone who "gets" it, PSU is far above a 5.5.

Also, looking at it objectively, even the single player story mode alone cannot possibly be judged to be only a 5.5 when you look at what else gets a 5.5. Ridiculous, and one more reason why review scores mean less and less.

Muffin
Nov 15, 2006, 01:46 PM
Um...well its true this game has gotten some bad reviews...but I wouldn't exactly list IGN's review as meaningful. ^.^; the site is pretty amaturely run and they have kind of a reputation for stupidity in their reviews.

I think the problem with reviewing a game like PSU is that reviewers tend to compare it to the other big mmorpgs and expect it to measure on the same scale, then get disappointed when it doesn't offer the same elements. PSU is a game not unlike Diablo 2, where the emphasis is more on fast-paced action and item-mongering. To have fun with the game, you really can't expect it to be any more than that.

Maybe it was Sega's fault for marketing the game as the next great online universe hehe. ^.^;

Purun~~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Muffin on 2006-11-15 10:49 ]</font>

perdition
Nov 15, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-11-15 05:44, Collar wrote:

Trust me on this one.

And the rest of the world is not retarded?

Ppl can make all the negative comments about Americans that you wanna', but we don't care enough about others to really spend time knocking them.

Where I'm from ppl who spend time bashing others are called haters. Don't worry too much about what we Americans are doing.

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-11-15 00:44, perdition wrote:
Pso-world is hosted by gamespy so to be giving the game a bad review could be a conflict of interest. i doubt you ever see a review on it on gamespy.The unbiased reviewers hath spoken, PSU is dated and thats why it has gotten such low scores.

Gamespy hosts /lots/ of game related sites. They've given bad reviews to the related sites before. Besides, for anyone who didn't already know...

IGN owns Gamespy

They own Gamefaqs too, BTW. That being said I generally choose to view Gamespy's reviews because I like how they do reviews at their site, their revewers tend to feel the same way I do about the games they play.

Also, a few other points.. try reading the review from IGN before dismissing it. They make some valid points. This doesn't mean you won't like playing the game, but pretending the bad points don't exist is just very ignorant.

Also, unfortunately you have to put this game into competition with other MMO's because of the $10 fee. If the game didn't have a fee it would be in a different category and would probably be getting better reviews.

Wise policy for all of life--exposing yourself to opinions contrary to your own only leads to unnecessary learning and growth.

We're not talking about life-shattering issues here. We're talking about personal preferance. Such as if you like red or blue better, or chocolate or vanilla better. If you hated squash you wouldn't take your restraunt reviews from the Squash Lover's Guild of America, would you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-15 11:26 ]</font>

Ryudo
Nov 15, 2006, 03:07 PM
All the other games sites knew about sega'sdeal with 1up, so now they're just being little bitches. Mystery solved

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:46, Muffin wrote:
Um...well its true this game has gotten some bad reviews...but I wouldn't exactly list IGN's review as meaningful. ^.^; the site is pretty amaturely run and they have kind of a reputation for stupidity in their reviews.

I think the problem with reviewing a game like PSU is that reviewers tend to compare it to the other big mmorpgs and expect it to measure on the same scale, then get disappointed when it doesn't offer the same elements. PSU is a game not unlike Diablo 2, where the emphasis is more on fast-paced action and item-mongering. To have fun with the game, you really can't expect it to be any more than that.

Maybe it was Sega's fault for marketing the game as the next great online universe hehe. ^.^;

It SHOULD be compared to every other mmo out there - it has a farking monthly fee. If it weren't for the fee, then PSU would be great, but they expect something to come out of a premium fee - don't knock them because of that, they're right.

Hustler_One
Nov 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
Meh, you cant really trust most reviews media sources as these are the people that give each new GTA a 10 as soon as it comes out, and then whines because you have to "press X too many times to get online" (Go look at the Monster Hunter review for PS2 on Gamspot.... the guy acually did whine about that)

Kyuu
Nov 15, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:37, Callous wrote:

Not that review scores matter any to me, and I have a LOT of complaints about PSU myself, but it seems fairly obvious that these reviewers don't "get" PSO/PSU. It's not about flashy graphics and a million levels to do. It's about hacking and slashing your way through hordes of monsters while having a laugh in company of people (and about not doing it by just clicking a mouse on your enemy). It's about atmosphere. An atmosphere that is completely different from anything else out there. Admittedly, PSU doesn't succeed here as well as PSO does (as I see it), but for someone who "gets" it, PSU is far above a 5.5.

Also, looking at it objectively, even the single player story mode alone cannot possibly be judged to be only a 5.5 when you look at what else gets a 5.5. Ridiculous, and one more reason why review scores mean less and less.
QFT.

Also, I have no idea what anyone can be talking about with regards to graphics. Has anyone here actually played WoW? Since when does WoW have terrific graphics? I played it for a fair length of time, and PSU's graphics are far superior to my eye. From screens and videos I've seen of FFXI, PSU looks better than that game as well. I've payed pretty much zero attention to Guild Wars, so I can't say one way or the other there. But really, my only complaints about PSU's graphics are the lack of antialiasing and some of the sprite used for backgrounds (mountains in the distance, etc.) are definitely a bit rough and could use some improvement. Otherwise, I don't see anything to complain about. Yeah, there's a lot of options that would be nice (higher resolutions, widescreen rez, etc.), but they're nothing to write your congressman about.

Really, the reviewer does make valid points. Should it matter one whit what the reviewer thinks if you're playing it and loving it like I am? Nope.

Like the great philosopher Authenticate said before me: I'll keep paying my $10 as long as PSU entertains me (or something like that).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-11-15 12:30 ]</font>

Tystys
Nov 15, 2006, 03:31 PM
Damn.

A friggin 5.5....ah well, I enjoy the game and that's all that matters

SonicTMP
Nov 15, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:37, Callous wrote:

You obviously don't "get it" yourself. Even the most social of games have alot of things to do. And not everyone comes in to socialize. Alot of people want to have tons of clothing options, several different classes, unique and awesome looking rare weapons/armor to hunt down and obtain. Right now you don't have those options. It's pick a map and grind it out 20 times a day. THe majority of the community "gets it" they just get bored killing the same boss 30 times a day.

Kleist
Nov 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
This score was well deserved, and most of the flaws that they pointed out were real issues. But however, I still enjoy the game. The amazing intro video on the De Ragan keeps me coming back for more. That just never gets old!

Callous
Nov 15, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-11-15 12:34, SonicTMP wrote:
You obviously don't "get it" yourself. Even the most social of games have alot of things to do. And not everyone comes in to socialize. Alot of people want to have tons of clothing options, several different classes, unique and awesome looking rare weapons/armor to hunt down and obtain. Right now you don't have those options. It's pick a map and grind it out 20 times a day. THe majority of the community "gets it" they just get bored killing the same boss 30 times a day.

Oh I get it alright. It comes up about 200 times a day in this place, how could one not get it? PSO originally had only 4 areas. Yes, it was larger than what's available online right now in PSU, but it would still have fared just as badly in reviews these days if a reviewer had to compare it to MMORPGs like WoW. And yet people had so much fun playing those 4 levels over and over and over again for years on end. That's because Phantasy Star games are a different beast from MMORPGs. That's what the reviewers, and, I admit, most people, don't get (and why I don't think Phantasy Star will ever become mainstream, which is just fine with me). PSO fans do get it, though, and I highly doubt any fan of PSO would rate PSU at 5.5, even with the pathetic online content at launch (not trying to defend that at all). Again, it seems obvious to me that the single player story mode alone is worth quite a bit more than 5.5.

My main point with all this is that I don't think PSO/PSU are games that are well suited to be critiqued by a person who has 5 other games to review this week and wasn't really a fan to begin with. Reviews are heavily based on comparisons with other games and PSU just doesn't have much you can properly compare it to outside of PSO. As such, I can't really lend a lot of credibility to any PSU review not written by a person who was a PSO fan. Even then, I'd have bought it and decided for myself.

You may think differently, which is fine. I just happen to think you're wrong. Such is life.

Finally, if you really didn't come to PSU to socialize, I think you made quite a bad choice of game. It's your money, though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-11-15 13:09 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 15, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-11-14 21:25, Nia wrote:

ST made the game(PSU)and SEGA published it
CreativeAssembly(or Total War team) just Nov 14th released Medieval II which is published by SEGA

My point is Total War:Rome and Total War: Medieval II were both made by other companies but published by SEGA just like PSU was/is and those two games do not get anything lower than 85%-90% on ANY game review sites

My point in shorter version: PSU is yet another mediocre(sp?) game, lucky for me i did not have to pay for it

Callous
Nov 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Sonic Team IS Sega. Creative Assembly is not.

Not that I believe in any anti Sega conspiracies whatsoever.

VanHalen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:21 PM
ign.com is a great place for reviews(though they obiously didnt review right for this game lol) i have only seen one bad review that was correct latey which was Shadow the hedgehog(garbage). thing is nobody understands the genius the PSU is TT_TT

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:21, VanHalen wrote:
ign.com is a great place for reviews

No, they are not. Maybe you need to look deeper into the site or actually play some of the games they rated poorly. Followers of reviwers NEVER see the major flaws, becuase they want you to be interested in what they are interested in and sometime bribed to do.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 04:30 PM
That's the Shimarisu we all know and love.

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 04:32 PM
I am not really talking about SEGA in te short term. I remember when Shenmue came out and got ripped apart (don't remember the score). That was a terrific game IMO. I just seem to remember several accounts over the years where certain games score a couple points lower on IGN than in other publications. It's not a conspiracy, just a trend.

Anyhow, I don't put stock in a review unless it's scored like 4.0 or under. games that score 5.0 to 7.5 usually are pretty decent in terms of over all quality with a slant toward the reviewer's personal taste. It's not that I really disagree with the reviewer's points, but the "not an average" score of 5.5 could easily have come out as a 7.0 if the reviewer's taste was suited for the PS style of play.

Dhylec
Nov 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
I haven't read a single review for PSU, or many of the games I played. I played because I like them, not because some guy/s say so.

Reviews can't be the final words for everything. They are opinions from someone who played it so that s/he can write about it as a hobby or a job. S/he might not like the game, but I'm sure some love it.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:32, Nia wrote:
I am not really talking about SEGA in te short term. I remember when Shenmue came out and got ripped apart (don't remember the score). That was a terrific game IMO. I just seem to remember several accounts over the years where certain games score a couple points lower on IGN than in other publications. It's not a conspiracy, just a trend.

Anyhow, I don't put stock in a review unless it's scored like 4.0 or under. games that score 5.0 to 7.5 usually are pretty decent in terms of over all quality with a slant toward the reviewer's personal taste. It's not that I really disagree with the reviewer's points, but the "not an average" score of 5.5 could easily have come out as a 7.0 if the reviewer's taste was suited for the PS style of play.

So you pretty much have a taste to their reviews too...IGN has made many bad reviews over the years and with curent ones. Their reviews are nothing but pretty words, sloppy coverage and stupid jokes to make up for the 1 hour of gaming they have done on each game.

Take a look at games like Chromehounds and BeatDown: Fist of Vengence. They made plenty of mastakes in reviews that their members have corrected. The game The Bouncer, they had that under 4.0 and they actually bumped the score up.

There are games made by starting compaines that are great and they rate it low until a franchise copies the concept and then they rate that high.

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
"Reviews can't be the final words for everything. They are opinions from someone who played it so that s/he can write about it as a hobby or a job. S/he might not like the game, but I'm sure some love it. "

Unfortunately for us, PSU is a game that we all play together and negative reviews will no doubt turn people away from it, which hurts our whole community. Less attention to PSU from players will lead to less attention to PSU from Sonic Team.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:26, Ryogen wrote:

No, they are not. Maybe you need to look deeper into the site or actually play some of the games they rated poorly. Followers of reviwers NEVER see the major flaws, becuase they want you to be interested in what they are interested in and sometime bribed to do.

hey im still playing PSU and loving every second of it. i understand that reviewers want you to like what they like you're right about that (looping background music complaint? what game doesnt have looping background music?) but i like ign's reviews and i like most of the games they gave poor reviews(except shadow the hedgehog i have to apoligize to my mother for buying me that one) oh im not getting mad i was just trying to help out ign its just x-play thats bad i like their bad reviews cause there funny but i'll still play the games the gave poor reviews too.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:36, Dhylec wrote:
Reviews can't be the final words for everything. They are opinions from someone who played it so that s/he can write about it as a hobby or a job. S/he might not like the game, but I'm sure some love it.

They are also bribed extra cash to give it certain scores. It's sad that gamers actually take this as final words. It's very annoying. Like the people who like Japanese anime (in japanese subtitled) when they don't know Japanese yet the subtitles are short handed yet not understandable, but when it's in english, omg it sucks.

Damn...

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:39, VanHalen wrote:

hey im still playing PSU and loving every second of it. i understand that reviewers want you to like what they like you're right about that (looping background music complaint? what game doesnt have looping background music?) but i like ign's reviews and i like most of the games they gave poor reviews(except shadow the hedgehog i have to apoligize to my mother for buying me that one) oh im not getting mad i was just trying to help out ign its just x-play thats bad i like their bad reviews cause there funny but i'll still play the games the gave poor reviews too.

IGN is great for your news and infomation, but I'm not to fond of their reviews. Even good ones.

patient
Nov 15, 2006, 04:45 PM
user received a warning for this post.
congratulations.

I reached the top of the slope when it comes to enjoyment a few nights ago as well. I just couldn't force myself to play.. erm punish myself anymore.

Is there a sense of entertainment while playing PSU? Of course there is.

Does it meet up to what they portrayed it as being? Not a chance in hell.

Broken gameplay, incomplete concepts, limited content... They exist in almost every game, that is the keystone of MMOs... they can be fixed with updates.

What concerns me is how much of the emptiness in PSU can actually be filled with patches.

I'll continue to play of course until the first major content patch, that will be the telling signs of how dedicated Sega really is in fixing what was mentioned in that review.

See you all in game. /wave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-16 12:59 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
I agree with the Rating, Personaly when I think about what this game I thought wasand what is actualy is.

Here I'm gonna make this simple.... PSO to me was kinda like your every day girl friend she was fine and had a nice personality and was a good fuck, and the Sega comes out with PSU and pretty much told you the gonna send Jennifer Lopez(or who ever your dream girl is) to fuck the crap out of you. SO you go and dump your old girl friend and then sega sends you Jennifer Lopez but yet when you actualy get her out of the box and you realise it's realy just a Blow up doll of Jennifer Lopez and she's missing 90% of her parts and there just a note from sega saying they will send you the rest later, but they don't know when...and is just not the same... but since you dumped your old girl friend... you got nothing else better to do then give the the doll a whirl...

and I think thats how most PSO verterians feel,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-16 12:57 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Nov 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
I tend to go with EGM and 1UP for reveiws.Gamespot and IGN are brutaly rampant with fanboyism to certian titles.

VanHalen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:42, Ryogen wrote:

On 2006-11-15 13:39, VanHalen wrote:

IGN is great for your news and infomation, but I'm not to fond of their reviews. Even good ones.

yeah they do have good news and cheat codes dont forget those(would have never got through videogames in 3rd grade with out ign's cheat codes lol)

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 04:52 PM
Quote:
"and I think thats how most PSO verterians feel, "

ummmmm.......... yeah...........
Seriously I get your analogy, but man! What an analogy!

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:49, Wheatpenny wrote:
I tend to go with EGM and 1UP for reveiws.Gamespot and IGN are brutaly rampant with fanboyism to certian titles.

EGM = bad with the non franchise games
1UP = good for the player/user reviews, we/they tell it like it is.

JohnBerserker
Nov 15, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-11-15 08:02, zofia wrote:
This game is a disappointment.

No anti-aliasing, low res, some crap texture work (my gawd I think the horizon in Parum meadow is THE worst graphics I've seen since the original NES), uninspired music (esp. compared to PSO), mindless missions, reskinning and re-use of monster AI within the already limited areas available (unforgivable in a 'next gen' action rpg), limited chat support compared to current games, the list goes on.

I think the name of its very first mission says it all: Linear Line.

The gamble to replace spinning red rares with synthing fails.

The gamble to replace mags with partner machinery fails.

The all-around sloppiness and limited nature of this game, after all they SHOULD have learned over the years...

That's the killing blow.

wow, i really disagree with you. the graphics, i think, are amazing. they arent perfect but nuthing is. i dont stay zoomed in all the time to look at the occasional flaw, but if you're paying attention to how many monsters you can kill in a combo, you shouldn't have to worry about graphics. as for the music, im not a fan of the japanese stuff, but i thought this music was pretty good, and it did fit in with the story mode. the missions aren't mindless... not completely at least. on story mode the missions of course tie in with the story. but in extra mode, you're right, there really isnt anything to follow. the areas aren't limited at all. the game has 4 main "levels", guardians colony, parum, neudaiz, and moatoob, but each of those levels has a variety of different ares to fight in. the linear line(which has more curves than a bus route), the sacred grounds on neudaiz, caves on moatoob, open fields on parum, aincent ruins on all of the three planets(that or on 2 of 3), etc. theres multiple different areas to run through. limited chat may be a flaw for some of the systems but the 360 has the xbox live headsets so thats no problem for us. replacing the rares for syntesyzing wasn't that bad of a thing. you can still get just as many rares as you couls in pso, you just have to work harder for them. I personally love the partner machinery switch. it takes a bit to get them to it but the PM's can fight along side you, where as the mags weren't that helpful in pso. and i don't think the game was sloppy at all, tho i cant back any of this up since its all my opinion.

SinowZele
Nov 15, 2006, 05:25 PM
It doesn't matter what a review says.

What matters is if you enjoy the game or not.

End of story.

Natrokos
Nov 15, 2006, 05:30 PM
On 2006-11-14 21:24, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
Its there opinion... if they liked psu youd say OH I LOVE IGN, but they dont so you hate them.

Or maybe some people don't like IGN? If someone says they don't like IGN it's THEIR opinion.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 15, 2006, 06:00 PM
You know what Genobee, I have seen you complain about this game at every chance you get. You must be:
A) Really retarded to keep playing a game you hate.
or
B) Really retarded to keep playing a game you hate.

The choice is yours.

Phaze37
Nov 15, 2006, 06:07 PM
There are so many things in that review that just scream "BIASED". He nitpicks about all the flaws and fails to mention any of the game's good features, such as the real time battles. He doesnt even mention the game's best feature! He talks about the game's lack of a full, explorable world like it's a bad thing. To me it that's a very good thing, because I prefer to spend my time fighting not travelling across huge maps.

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 06:18 PM
If PSU were a hot dog, I don't think people hate the hot dog so much as think it could use some ketchup, and that they're charging way too much for this hot dog but they won't let me bring my own hot dog into the stadium.

peenk
Nov 15, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:18, Ruby-chan wrote:
If PSU were a hot dog, I don't think people hate the hot dog so much as think it could use some ketchup, and that they're charging way too much for this hot dog but they won't let me bring my own hot dog into the stadium.

LoL!!
Sounda like a perfect review for PSU to me!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:00, KiteWolfwood wrote:
You know what Genobee, I have seen you complain about this game at every chance you get. You must be:
A) Really retarded to keep playing a game you hate.
or
B) Really retarded to keep playing a game you hate.

The choice is yours.

It's because I can only jack off so many times aday with out it looking like I threw it out of a moving mini van, between colledge and work, so I need some thing to fill the gap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-15 15:26 ]</font>

Kleist
Nov 15, 2006, 06:53 PM
Remember kids, you can't spell "ignorance" without IGN! (obligatory)

Despite the apparent veracity of the claims made in the review, it's not enough to totally turn people off from what is otherwise a really fun game. Just because one says that the review is true in certain respects does not mean that one hates said game. Rather, comments like that stem from the desire on the part of many to see the game become better.

SonicTMP
Nov 15, 2006, 06:55 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:53, Kleist wrote:
Rather, comments like that stem from the desire on the part of many to see the game become better.

Makes you wonder why so many of us are arguing over stupid things when we just want the game to be better...

Inazuma
Nov 15, 2006, 08:05 PM
psu is by FAR, the greatest video game every made. yea, it has many problems such as no widescreen or hi rez support, which is a constant annoyance. spending 600k on 2 attempts of armor, only to have em both fail, makes me very sad as well. but no game is perfect. there are always things to complain about.

ign is not just rating psu on its fun factor online. if that were the case, itd get an instant 10. but if you look at it as a "pc game", it falls apart. its just a shoddy port of a ps2 game, which i think is why it got such a low score. someone said the ps2 ver receieved a higher score. that makes sense, b/c if you look at it as a ps2 game, it suddenly seems much better.

Cross
Nov 15, 2006, 08:20 PM
It's so pathetic that people choose to focus their attention on OH MY GOD 5.5 instead of the part of the review that actually, you know, reviews the game.

But I suppose that's why they have scores in the first place; most people would rather see an arbitrarily-chosen number with no meaning attached to it than to actually read words and think about it.

Edit: Especially in a 10-point system. Any review 'score' in the 10-point or 100-percent model is guaranteed to be 100% completely meaningless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-11-15 17:22 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Nov 15, 2006, 08:29 PM
Heh, maybe we'll get a version 2 like pso did.

I got to agree with people here when they say that only true fans of the PSO gameplay will get into it. It's hard to introduce someone to this who has never played PSO, and won't understand what's so great about the gamplay. IGN does suck donkey nuts, but it's only a person's opinion of the game. FF11 Xbox360 got a 6.9 on IGN(never played the game mind you), maybe the reviewer didn't like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-15 21:02 ]</font>

Garroway
Nov 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
I agree with those of you that have said that it is not the number that needs attention, but the actual review itself. Having read the review I can honestly say that it is not untrue. Having the flaws pointed out is not a bad thing though, it allows people to make a more educated decisions and also provides a check list of items for the developers to consider trying to correct.

Nia
Nov 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
Ok I will say it again, the number DOES mean something. Especially when combined with all of the other low numbers. It means people outside of the PSO community will likly stay away from PSU. They aren't going to come here and surf through countless threads to get a better idea of what the game is truely about. They are going to take that number along with all the others and say "no thanks, I'll try something else." Which is my original point. It's not good for us because the less attention gamers pay to PSU, the less attention ST will pay to PSU! Get it?!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-15 17:52, Nia wrote:
Ok I will say it again, the number DOES mean something. Especially when combined with all of the other low numbers. It means people outside of the PSO community will likly stay away from PSU. They aren't going to come here and surf through countless threads to get a better idea of what the game is truely about. They are going to take that number along with all the others and say "no thanks, I'll try something else." Which is my original point. It's not good for us because the less attention gamers pay to PSU, the less attention ST will pay to PSU! Get it?!

I agree with this, I love how every one is like WELL THEN DON'T PLAY IT! Ok what happens when enough people don't play it, and sega is only pulling form a small source of fan boys and getting no new customers. Guess waht sega goes well this concept sucks and boom there goes PSU 2. So all the people who dislike the game but still play are doing you a favor. I play cause I love PSO and I love the conpect I don't want to see it die.

wraith5k
Nov 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:22, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-11-15 17:52, Nia wrote:

I agree with this, I love how every one is like WELL THEN DON'T PLAY IT! Ok what happens when enough people don't play it, and sega is only pulling form a small source of fan boys and getting no new customers. Guess waht sega goes well this concept sucks and boom there goes PSU 2. So all the people who dislike the game but still play are doing you a favor. I play cause I love PSO and I love the conpect I don't want to see it die.

Amen Brotha.

Kyon
Nov 15, 2006, 10:47 PM
Ratings keep new players away and although IGN isn't wrong about the claims they made, it doesn't help an online community grow at all. Yes, the current content sucks and we all know that. The game will get better in the future and potential new players who might have enjoyed the game will miss out because IGN gave it a 5.5 (and trust me, I stay away from lowly scored games myself.) I say IGN should wait a couple months and then review the game again. Re-reviews happen a lot as seen with Star Wars Galaxies. I just don't think 5.5 is the score this game deserves with all the potential in it.

Nia
Nov 16, 2006, 02:52 AM
exactly! 5.5 is not an undeserved score, it just sucks because it will just deter ppl from PSU. Like I said, it's a "not an average" score. That means the reviewer could have theoretically scorred the game a 10 if they felt like it, even if the technical aspects of the game only averaged a 5.5. BTW, the score average is only 5.2... Thus the reviewer bumped it up only 0.3 for a tilt. I just hope a Re-Review help pull some more people to PSU. Now only if I could get my DAMN Comcast ISP to work with my PS2 I COULD PLAY TOO!

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:33 AM
I'm ignoring what everyone's saying and just putting what I feel.

The fact that we're not up-to-date with the Japanese, makes people quit. The fact that places give harsh ratings for this game, shows that either they don't play enough of it, or that they're complaining that there isn't anything to do. The fact that no one wants to play/buy the game, is because of the reviews and word of mouth.

What I think, is that people need to realize that an MMO, for the most part, WILL ALWAYS get better with given time. See, I'm not entirely irritated that we're not up-to-date on the content for PSU. No. Instead, I'm effin' ticked off that we have to wait an effin' year to get the Halloween items, being that they're going to get ready for the Xmas event (supposedly) soon. I want my damn Halloween items!

Otherwise, I wouldn't care much if the updates came or not. Rare/Special items are loved. Content not out yet, is tolerable. Missing out on events that you'll have to wait out for a year on, nowhere near priceless.

Ryudo
Nov 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
IGN is owned by Fox. 'Nuff said.

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 08:26 AM
On 2006-11-16 00:33, RyukiZero wrote:
being that they're going to get ready for the Xmas event (supposedly) soon.
For the japanese at least. Dio you really think Sega is gonna give >us< christmas? I hope so, but I sadly doubt it.

Look what happened the last time SEGA gave christmas to westerners. *looks at psox's eternal christmas* SEGA hasn't done a good job with western servers. I hope they smarten up and realize we are paying them a hefty fee.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 08:53 AM
Why is everyone bitching about the graphics and MUsic, compared to PSO?

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 08:55 AM
I don't care much about the graphics and music. I care more about the ongoing lack of support from Sega.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 08:57 AM
lol but know whats funny? Sega fanboys now knows] how everyone felt in SWG. Sega = Sony Online

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:02 AM
Well I'm sorry SOny Online is alittle better they woiuld atleast deal with our bitching.... even though it ment your character would be teleported straight into a Raincore den or into the middle of deep space...

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 09:13 AM
Square enix has done great with FFXI. Playonline was immensely flawless (and better than XboxLive's interface and functionality XD).

RNLee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:13 AM
On 2006-11-15 12:59, Callous wrote:
PSO originally had only 4 areas. Yes, it was larger than what's available online right now in PSU, but it would still have fared just as badly in reviews these days if a reviewer had to compare it to MMORPGs like WoW.

It also only cost like two bucks a month to play.

DC PSO did fine in reviews, BTW, and that was during the first blush of Everquest's success. If you'll notice, the IGN reviewer's biggest problem is that it's five years later and PSU hasn't really improved on PSO at all, but it costs as much to play as more extensive online games.

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 09:15 AM
Exactly. Dunno why it's so hard to understand.

RNLee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:16 AM
I am not really talking about SEGA in te short term. I remember when Shenmue came out and got ripped apart (don't remember the score). That was a terrific game IMO. I just seem to remember several accounts over the years where certain games score a couple points lower on IGN than in other publications.

I don't remember anybody "ripping apart" Shenmue, and IGN gave it a 9.7.

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164499p1.html

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 09:21 AM
I wish I didn't like PSU so I didn't have to put up with the bs Sega puts on us.

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-11-16 06:16, RNLee wrote:

I am not really talking about SEGA in te short term. I remember when Shenmue came out and got ripped apart (don't remember the score). That was a terrific game IMO. I just seem to remember several accounts over the years where certain games score a couple points lower on IGN than in other publications.

I don't remember anyone ripping Shenmue apart neither. I do know IGN changes scores though. They did it with The Bouncer.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-11-16 06:21, Carlo210 wrote:
I wish I didn't like PSU so I didn't have to put up with the bs Sega puts on us.

yea same here now I know how Nintendo fan boys feel...

AeraLure
Nov 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
One thing that would help immensely would be a little more variation in mission play by varying level maps a bit more and having more than three enemy types per area. Forest had eight enemies (two with chances for a rare type) making countless times through Forest a bit more interesting. They really need to look at that.

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
Sega can burn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They're a disgrace to mmo developers/publishers through and through.

RNLee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-11-16 06:29, Ryogen wrote:

I don't remember anyone ripping Shenmue apart neither. I do know IGN changes scores though. They did it with The Bouncer.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're the guy who also keeps suggesting that somebody paid off IGN to give PSU a low score, right?

Anyway, they didn't change that score. I bought Shenmue when it came out primarily because of IGN's hype about the game.

SinowZele
Nov 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
Carlo and Genobee, we get it.

It makes you happy to see PSU get bad reviews. You like to post over and over and over again about its bad reviews.

Yay.

Here's a news flash: this is a site for FANS of PSO and PSU. This board, in particular, is for fans of PSU.

If you are a fan, stop posting about how much it sucks. It's a drag to see this shit all the time.

If you are not a fan, have a modicum of self respect and do something thats based on something you LIKE rather than something you DISLIKE. At least, that's my advice/request. It's a free country, so do what you want I suppose.

But trust me on this: you've made your point. Its not going to change most of us who actually enjoy the game. Most of us don't expect PSU to cure cancer nor to be a total life-replacement tool. Many of us just have fun logging on for a few, meeting friends or making new ones, and kicking butt with photon weapons. Its really not that hard to understand. But some people seem to want this game to be everything all at once and in the first month no less. Well, its not, so move on.

Thanks.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-11-16 06:33, SinowZele wrote:
Carlo and Genobee, we get it.

It makes you happy to see PSU get bad reviews. You like to post over and over and over again about its bad reviews.

Yay.

Here's a news flash: this is a site for FANS of PSO and PSU. This board, in particular, is for fans of PSU.

If you are a fan, stop posting about how much it sucks. It's a drag to see this shit all the time.

If you are not a fan, have a modicum of self respect and do something thats based on something you LIKE rather than something you DISLIKE. At least, that's my advice/request. It's a free country, so do what you want I suppose.

But trust me on this: you've made your point. Its not going to change most of us who actually enjoy the game. Most of us don't expect PSU to cure cancer nor to be a total life-replacement tool. Many of us just have fun logging on for a few, meeting friends or making new ones, and kicking butt with photon weapons. Its really not that hard to understand. But some people seem to want this game to be everything all at once and in the first month no less. Well, its not, so move on.

Thanks.

heres an Idea, it still sucks, k thx bye

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2006, 10:02 AM
Again, more about the updates & less about what's not.
Some whines are valid, but use the Rants forum to vent your dissatisfactions & not here, again.

cobfab
Nov 16, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-11-16 06:13, RNLee wrote:

On 2006-11-15 12:59, Callous wrote:
PSO originally had only 4 areas. Yes, it was larger than what's available online right now in PSU, but it would still have fared just as badly in reviews these days if a reviewer had to compare it to MMORPGs like WoW.

It also only cost like two bucks a month to play.

DC PSO did fine in reviews, BTW, and that was during the first blush of Everquest's success. If you'll notice, the IGN reviewer's biggest problem is that it's five years later and PSU hasn't really improved on PSO at all, but it costs as much to play as more extensive online games.

I know people love this game but needs to try to understand why it has such a review. 5 Years since PSO and not really any improvements at all. PSU's a addicting game but it's impossible to get a highscore as of now for it's repitiveness.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 01:20 PM
It's funny how everyone disregarded my post.

Then again, maybe that's a GOOD thing =)

Nia
Nov 16, 2006, 03:25 PM
Quote:
"I don't remember anybody "ripping apart" Shenmue, and IGN gave it a 9.7."

Hmmmm...... My bad I guess...... WTF am I thinking of?!

perdition
Nov 16, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-11-16 06:33, RNLee wrote:

On 2006-11-16 06:29, Ryogen wrote:

Yeah, you're the guy who also keeps suggesting that somebody paid off IGN to give PSU a low score, right?

Anyway, they didn't change that score. I bought Shenmue when it came out primarily because of IGN's hype about the game.

[/quote]

Shenmue was great back in the day. Why everyone bashing Shenmue, it has nothing to do with how poorly PSU is doing in the reviews department.

perdition
Nov 16, 2006, 03:49 PM
Oh.. and uh.. I was checking how gamespot and stuff review games, and in al honesty the way they score them you almost couldn't give the game an 8.0 unless you were lying to yourself. The total score is based on various aspects of the game, and PSU really messes up in some of those aspects. You could give gameplay and 8, and then lose points on sound etc, so in essence gamespots review is pretty spot on.

SolRiver
Nov 16, 2006, 05:16 PM
I used to be a fan of Sega, not anymore though. (Ever since I felt the dominating unfairness of the east west side contents)

PSU does deserve that low score for treating every players like an idiot. (we all know that majority of the contents are locked, yet they still dare to release it while taking their time)

I really wish they would just drop PS2 out of the plan, and go 360/ps3/PC/whatever. PS2 dragged us down ><. Poor planning and farsight on their part.

Random sega employee: "Hey! PS3 is announced!"
sega head executive: "cool... wait, what's going to happen to PSU now?"
Random sega employee: "Yea, we are in a tight spot now, what should we do?"
sega head executive: "nothing"

Shaia
Nov 16, 2006, 08:44 PM
PSO was one of the greatest games ever invented.

PSU is one of the worst games ever invented.

Although I still intend to play more PSU, just because like many of you here, I loved PSO so much and I still yearn to get that "PSO feeling" back, I know that deep down, we are just fooling ourselves, as the inevitable reality is that PSU just plainly sucks.

PSO is far superior to PSU in every single aspect, and I cannot believe for the life of me how SEGA can release a game in 2006 that is technically inferior to its predecessor released five years ago.

PSO Forest #1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All levels available in PSU so far.

And that is just sad.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
Please stop playing the game, get off the forums, go away all of you. You are ruining the game for those that like it, because people come here to read opinions on it.

You are also seriously fucking retarded if you think PSO is better than PSU. PSO is a crock of shit. I can say that, and oh look:

Forum Index » » PSU General

Yeah saying that makes me less of a troll than you lot are.

This is a PSU fan forum and coming here saying it's one of the worst games ever made makes you a HUGE FUCKING TROLL and not welcome here. Get the fuck off the forums.

Xeraphim
Nov 16, 2006, 11:05 PM
Your point could've been made with less attitude, I suppose. Reading all these depressing things about the game is all fine and dandy. Personally, it has problems, but what game doesn't? It has a flaw, therefore it can't be enjoyable?

Pish-posh.

This game is damn enjoyable. If you don't think it's enjoyable, that's fine, but don't fill up a thread with the continous hate on the game just to try and get people to adopt your way of thinking. Because just saying the game sucks won't convince anyone of anything other than you can't rationalize it. Well, some people try...

-WTFz? weres my content sega?
It's on the disc. Passworded away. I don't like it either, but we know it's coming. Bits and pieces means you get plenty of time to enjoy all of it, in my opinion.

-fees?!? i aint payin no sega-sonic taxes!!1
To run the server, a fee is needed. Thus, we pay it. If you don't want to pay it, you can stop paying for it and wait for reactions to the game when the updates come. Feesable? You bet.

-haxx0rs. nuff said.
They were around in PSO. Was PSO fun? You know it. Need I explain anymore?

People have tried justifying why they don't like the game to everyone else by just mindlessly saying that the game is just lacking in every area. Then why are you playing it when you could be playing something like World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XI? SEGA is good for simplistic, addictive, social gameplay. Have they succeeded? In my opinion, yes. In yours, maybe not. I agree that this is a forum for PSU fans. If you're all for nostalgia (and who isn't?) Blue Burst can be your best friend.

What a rant. I need some Koltova Juice.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-11-16 19:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Please stop playing the game, get off the forums, go away all of you. You are ruining the game for those that like it, because people come here to read opinions on it.

You are also seriously fucking retarded if you think PSO is better than PSU. PSO is a crock of shit. I can say that, and oh look:

This is a PSU fan forum and coming here saying it's one of the worst games ever made makes you a HUGE FUCKING TROLL and not welcome here. Get the fuck off the forums.

I fainly found the answer to my question.... YES FANBOYIUM IS WORST THEN AIDS.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 17, 2006, 12:34 AM
Objective achieved - thread now in rants where prospective euro buyers likely won't see it.

*dusts off hands*

DakZhul
Nov 17, 2006, 03:56 AM
alright how about this. IGN has their own opinions to remember, they are just people like us. Some people like sports game; i on the other hand fucking hate them...its all opinions. If you like the game, then good for you! You are a human, and you like something! Now with PSO being better than PSU, honestly i see the same game. PSO was a first of its kind, and gave you that wow effect and response. PSU has just upped that same system and changed it around a little bit. PSO and PSU are very cult oriented games, only certain people like to play it and some people dont even know what the fuck it is. So I guess my final point is this: if youre here, you probably like the game, dont let some reviewers (or other people) change your mind.

and ftw....WoW, there is no comparing it to other games, even if u dont like it. (i dont) WoW is a very popular game and broke alot of records, dont ever compare this game to wow or halo2 or something like that. I like this game because its not like those WoWs and Halo2's; its simple, relaxing, and everyone on it has a pretty good idea what they're doing.

Carlo210
Nov 17, 2006, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't care about SEGA being stingy with content releases if we WEREN'T paying a premium price for the game. FFXI cost me LESS than PSU, and it did a lot more for me as a customer. I never got disconnected for no reason, I never had to sit there for 10 minutes trying to log into my character. If you are saying our 10-13$ a month is going towards server maintenace, Bullsh/t.
I'd be fine paying half the price for this game online, because that's all it is worth with how SEGA treats their customers.
I don't see how nobody can realize that 9 of our 10 bucks a month is going to nothing but profit for SEGA, letting them neglect their customers and totally give them a lackluster customer experience. I haven't seen anything this proposterous in the mmo industry. Sorry, but I don't condone. Those that do can keep feeding SEGA, hoping that they develop new content for you. Thing is, it's not gonna happen from your FEE. The only thing your fee is getting you is access to an incredibly SMALL server (my uncle runs a massive network hosting company - a 20k server is a freaking joke to run) and -very- -gradual- access to things you've already payed 70$ for.
But... hey, sega roxx! -.-

edit: Mind you all, I like the game. I don't like what it's going to become, though. Heck, even Ubisoft could make this game better for 10-13$ a month from each of their subscribers. Yeesh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-11-17 04:21 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 17, 2006, 07:15 AM
On 2006-11-14 21:40, Genobee wrote:
or maybe PSU is just a FLop

It's flopping outside of Japan no doubt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 02:07 AM

Hey maybe if you said fuck a few more fucking times some fucking people might actually give a fuck about what you fucking had to say you fat fucking shrew.

Either that or buy you a fucking thesaurus for fucking Christmas. Fuck.

PS. It's generally not a good sign when many posts express discontent so much so that you need to segregate and close them and do everything in your power to shut them down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif You know, kind of like how when a gov't needs to make all the malcontents wear a funny symbol and starts "silencing" them you know things are going badly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And translated for you the above reads to: Fuck fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck sign fuck fuck fucks fuck fucking fuck and fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go wash my keyboard.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-11-17 23:07, Ruby-chan wrote:

Hey maybe if you said fuck a few more fucking times some fucking people might actually give a fuck about what you fucking had to say you fat fucking shrew.

Either that or buy you a fucking thesaurus for fucking Christmas. Fuck.

PS. It's generally not a good sign when many posts express discontent so much so that you need to segregate and close them and do everything in your power to shut them down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif You know, kind of like how when a gov't needs to make all the malcontents wear a funny symbol and starts "silencing" them you know things are going badly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And translated for you the above reads to: Fuck fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck sign fuck fuck fucks fuck fucking fuck and fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go wash my keyboard.

Agreed .. freedom to protest but only on a certain day, with politcaly correct words, in a place where you cant be heard is already becomeing a Norm IRL. Too many people are scared of confrontation ::shrug:: ... I would also like to use my mastery of the F word, but last time I did in-game i silenced the whole room. So I am afraid the Mods would thus ban me (lmao) So i just give you a thumbs up Fencer ..er Ruby and a friendly smile of agreeance.