PDA

View Full Version : Be glad we don't have Japan's luck.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 12:52 AM
Not to be misleading with the title, but people seem to think the Japanese just hopped on and got magic updates.

Here's what they really got (You may or may not have already read this. It was posted here on PSO World... I do not know, I was not browsing these forums at the time that this was news, but people may have forgotten.):

Sonic Team announced that when the Phantasy Star Universe servers reopen, all character data will be reinitialized. This means that all online characters will be reset to level 1 and all Partner Cards will be lost. This drastic action is being taken to ensure online data integrity. uhawww has provided the following translation of the news announcement:
"On September 3rd, we halted server operations. This report (@Sept 5, 11pm JST) concerns the reopening of the Network servers.

As previously announced, we will be reopening the game servers for Phantasy Star Universe tomorrow evening (Sept. 6). As also noted previously, almost immediately after the servers were opened, there were reports of network stability issues, and as the population increased, we saw a congruent increase in character data failure reports. We have verified the server and character errors, and through an extended overhaul of the network system, have hopefully rectified it.

We then came to determine how best to proceed into the future. Unfortunately, the possibility of the introduction of game balance issues (*If people exploited the errors before the rollback data was saved) has forced us to enact a complete initialization of the Network data. In effect, we will have to wipe all characters, equipment, items, partner cards, and etc. prior to reinitializing the system.

Furthermore, as noted in the server stoppage and server testing announcements, adjustments in any and all scopes of server and character data may be enacted in the process of maintaining the integrity and playability of the game.

We apologize again for any inconvience this may cause. We have been attacking the network problems with full force and we ask for your cooperation and suport once the servers reopen. For further information, please refer to the previous announcements regarding the server stoppage."
Let's hope that a drastic step like this will not have to be repeated in the future

Phantasy Star Universe: JP Server Announcement

After experiencing some setbacks with the Phantasy Star Universe, Sonic Team has outlined its action plan in this news announcement. uhawww was kind enough to provide the following translation:

"To everyone,
We thank you for purchasing Phantasy Star Universe.
We realize the sudden termination of the game server for Network play was a great inconvenience to you all, and again, we apologize. We continue to work out the server and character issue that have arrisen since the game's release, and we have posted all of our available resources to bring the situation under control. Concerning the reopening of the Network Mode server, we issue the following report.

September 6: Reopening the Network Mode Service for normal use to the players.
Throughout the month of September, we will monitor the game's operation and immediately tackle any problem that may arise.
October 1: Official service will restart. All players will have their free month renewed (Ending November 1)
September 6: Reopening the Network Mode Service for normal use to the players.

We will have the problems with charater data and universe/My Room access repaired by this time. Please realize that due to load, you may have problems with Login, My Room, or disconnections between 9pm and 1am (JST). There is also the chance for other unexpected troubles during this time. We ask for your patience and understanding, and please report any issue to our inquiry site.

Throughout the month of September, we will monitor the game's operation and immediately tackle any problem that may arise.

During September, we will be performing intense root cause analysis and verification of the both the cause of these failures, and our fixes for them. We ask that you make use of Network Mode to assist us to this end. Furthermore, if the need arises, we will be prepared to enact rollbacks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however we do not forsee this happening on a frequent basis.

October 1: Official service will restart. All players will have their free month renewed (Ending November 1)

Incumbent upon the forseen success of our tests, all players who have registered their game key will have their free 30 day period reset.

Temporary change to SEGAlink

Until the official service begins, you will no longer be able to purchase Guardian Licenses (Though you may still register your game key to play if you purchase the game after this point). All customers who have registered their Credit Card information with SEGAlink will have official correspondance sent via mail. You will not be billed until the end of the official service's first 30 day cycle.

To those of you who have enjoyed Phantasy Star Universe, both online and off, we realize this is disheartening news. All of the staff members here are suffering. We have gotten many comments about these transpirings, both positive and negative. We will continue to build upon, change, and construct the PSU service. This is a promise from us all. We implore you to assist us as best you can, in inquiry, comment, and by playing through September. Any and all information will be posted to the official site.

Again, we ask for your understanding, cooperation, and forgiveness."

Phantasy Star Universe: Rollback Announcement

In an effort to address character corruption and unintended item duplication, Sonic Team will be performing a rollback. Here is the news announcement as translated by uhawww:
Beginning last night, there were some issues with reading character data. We have discovered a related issue were item and meseta duplication was possible if this issue was exploited.

We consider this problem critical, however we are unable to respond individually to this problem based on the number of inquiries we have recieved. Also, we have projected that this issue will cause unrecoverable problems in the future if left as is.

Because of this, we will be enacting a rollback to a time prior to last evening when the anomalies occured. We are currently developing plans to compensate players who currently have active characters, though it has not been formulated yet.

In case there are any further problems, your corresponence is not only appreciated, but critical at this time.

We apologize for these issues from the bottom of our hearts and we ask for your utmost understanding, however if we do not resolve these issues immediately, the playability of the game would be compromised, and we have a wish and goal to maintain a fair and level playing field for all players for a long time.

Phantasy Star Universe: Lack of Servers is Keeping Players Offline
Sega came out with the japanese version of Phantasy Star Universe unprepared for the flood of players that would be jamming its servers. With confirmed reports that SEGA has already had to order more printings of the game, reports are now quickly showing that there are ID numbers in game to conincide that there 100,000 registered accounts at this moment. However due to the limitations of the servers, SEGA can only accomodate 20,000 players on it's servers at this time. Sega has confirmed this issue, and is scheduling to have more servers installed tomorrow.

So before you think our couple of weeks for a content update is bad, just be glad we didn't go through that.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 15, 2006, 12:59 AM
So the item and meseta duplication was fixed and rolled back, it happend there before it could happen here, hahahaha pwned

ProfessorZ
I still want my god damn update

ViciousXUSMC
Two diffrent things posted there, one says everything gets set the zero, the other says they are just having a rollback to before anybody could dupe items.

I belive the 2nd no way would they set back everybody to zero.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 01:00 AM
They're 3 different reports, I just rolled them into one. They all got set back to 0.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:02 AM
If I lose level 50 i'm gonna /wrist.

I'm all but cleared for exploring S Rank missions online when they are released, and it was tiring to get there so quickly. >.<

NOTE: I made a vow to not touch story mode until I hit the level 50 cap, so yeah. >.>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 01:04 AM
Goes to show the purpose of the game, to entertian you and pass time not to be max lvl and better than everybody else.

If suddenly everybody was lvl 1 that would be kinda neat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Massive C rank rush games

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-11-14 22:04, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Goes to show the purpose of the game, to entertian you and pass time not to be max lvl and better than everybody else.

If suddenly everybody was lvl 1 that would be kinda neat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Massive C rank rush games

But since we know more of how to play we'd hit 50 quicker than the first week.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah definitly, but everygbody would be equal for that time and thats kinda neat. No more segrigation.

Kinda the reason C-Mode was so fun on the old PSO
It was all about teamwork and fun your equipment and level didnt matter anymore.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 09:46 PM
There. The update accouncement came as I've been telling people it would this week, and now people are saying not enough content. We're getting exactly what Japan got minus any bugs they may or may not have received. People need to be punched in their mouths for all the whining they do.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2006, 09:49 PM
Er...why are you guys talking like this is an announcement for the NA/EU servers?...

VanHalen
Nov 15, 2006, 09:54 PM
umm i already know and this has been posted many times before how lucky the NA server is

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:54, VanHalen wrote:
umm i already know and this has been posted many times before how lucky the NA server is

I didn't ask if YOU knew.

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, sucks for them. =

VanHalen
Nov 15, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:54, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-15 18:54, VanHalen wrote:

I didn't ask if YOU knew.

okie dokie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 15, 2006, 10:57 PM
I loled.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-14 21:59, ProfessorZ wrote:
I still want my god damn update

Yeah! That's the spirit! We want updates!

watashiwa
Nov 15, 2006, 11:04 PM
The Japanese getting rolled back is irrelevant.. they got rolled back within the first few days of the game's release. It's not like anybody had done anything they couldn't recover from easily.

My character was level 20 when they reinitialized the character data and I got that back quite fast.

Dein
Nov 15, 2006, 11:35 PM
Threads like this are about as redundant as the threads that complain about this game. If anything this shows that Sega learned a little and the start of the NA servers didn't go as badly but I fail to see how that has anything to do with what most people complain about.

Sega still needs to realize that they should communicate more with us to help reduce the amount of complaints because I bet a lot of people would feel better if they knew what to expect in advance with some detail. I'm fine with the update we have coming but a handful of new missions and nothing else added will only last so long. I really hope that after this Friday they start updating every other week like the JP version does.

Xbob
Nov 16, 2006, 01:12 AM
On 2006-11-15 20:35, Dein wrote:
Threads like this are about as redundant as the threads that complain about this game. If anything this shows that Sega learned a little and the start of the NA servers didn't go as badly but I fail to see how that has anything to do with what most people complain about.

Sega still needs to realize that they should communicate more with us to help reduce the amount of complaints because I bet a lot of people would feel better if they knew what to expect in advance with some detail. I'm fine with the update we have coming but a handful of new missions and nothing else added will only last so long. I really hope that after this Friday they start updating every other week like the JP version does.

We are on the same exact schedule as them. EXACTLY THE SAME. We will get another update two weeks from Friday. And so on. And so on. JFREIGHLIGFHEGGIEWUHFIUEWHIFUH..

Dein
Nov 16, 2006, 02:38 AM
On 2006-11-15 22:12, Xbob wrote:
We are on the same exact schedule as them. EXACTLY THE SAME. We will get another update two weeks from Friday. And so on. And so on. JFREIGHLIGFHEGGIEWUHFIUEWHIFUH..

Lol, was there even a need to reply like this? On this point you bring up we aren't on the exact same update schedule. If you count Japan's release on the 29th of August as the official start date then they had to wait 4-5 weeks before they saw an update on the 5th of October. Most people got their game on the 25th or 27th of Oct. in the US so that puts us at around 3 weeks. We're getting the same content updates as them but until they do another update or 2 I'm not going to assume anything about the time frames.

Relam
Nov 16, 2006, 04:08 AM
Lol Xbob, I feel for ya I do.

While I've been at work reading the forums, everyday there's at least one or two new posts that are frustated kiddies all repeating the same old tired rant over and over.

And before you can even say "This is a waste of my time to read" you've already read that one post and it drives ya nuts.

But no matter where you go, there will be bitching. Hell, look at the WoW forums for instance. WoW has so much crap to do, I can't fathom a person humanly doing everything in that game. Yet, there are people on those message boards who whine and complain about how the Expansion pack hasn't been released and there's not enough stuff to do. And boohoo my class is so underpowered compared to everyone else, yadda yadda yadda.

AkiraXxx
Nov 16, 2006, 12:24 PM
If that happend here I would straight quit, im sure half the community would quit as well. Im sure plenty of japanese players with millions saved up probably already quit. Could you imagine all that work and then being set back to level 1 with no money. Fuck all that. If it happens once then it would most likely happen again since they are still "unlocking content" for us to play on.

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
"Be glad we don't have Japan's luck".

I'm sure some have read that title and said: "Be glad we don't have America's luck with updates".

erwos
Nov 16, 2006, 12:34 PM
So, I'm supposed to be impressed that Sega didn't player wipe us a few days after official release? Is that some kind of joke? I don't _care_ what the Japanese have or don't have. I'm complaining about what _we_ don't have.

Synchronize the damn updates like every other popular MMORPG. That's the best solution.