PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG AN UPDATE!! November 17th.

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 04:53 AM
Moatoob: Access Granted!
Due to increased guerilla fighting between rogue groups on Moatoob, GUARDIAN forces have had limited access to the planet. With the escalating SEED crisis currently affecting more and more of the Moatoob wildlife, rogue groups have reached a cease fire and are now requesting aid. Flyer routes to Moatoob have been re-secured for GUARDIAN missions and will be available on November 17.

New Guardian Missions Since the SEED attacks, the native life of all three planets has grown increasingly aggressive and Moatoob is not the only planet in need of GUARDIAN assistance. Parum and Neudaiz are also requesting additional support in a variety of new missions. All GUARDIANS are expected to launch an offensive on the incoming enemy hordes as soon as possible.

System Defense There's been an outbreak of vicious creatures near the confinement system in West Kugu Desert. The Alliance Military is requesting help.

Mine Defense
An outbreak of violent creatures near the entrance of a prominent mine has put miners at risk. Exterminate the creatures and defend the mine!

Valley of Carnage
Recently, the vicious Vanda have been forming packs and causing great damage around the Galenigare Canyon. Defeat the Vanda leader!

Desert Terror
In the West Kugu Desert, the vicious Dimmagolus has become even more ferocious due to the SEED and is terrorizing a nearby energy plant.

Parum and Neudaiz
Not to be left out with the addition of Moatoob, both Parum and Neudaiz have new missions for GUARDIANS. On Parum, new reports have come in of a very large Koltova spotted beyond the Lakeshore area. All GUARDIAN parties should exercise extreme caution if this beast is encountered.

On Neudaiz, an area of Sacred Ground is in jeopardy! All GUARDIANS are requested to assist in clearing a dangerous RELIC site. This dangerous mission will take a strong party with excellent teamwork. We advise that only the strongest of GUARDIANS attempt this challenge.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155269

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-15 01:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-11-15 01:57 ]</font>

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
AWESOME

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
Actually this is a pretty crappy update. But at least moatoob is open.

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 04:59 AM
Assuming they also open the endrum areas, it mimics the first Japanese update, which means they're adding 8 missions

The game only has 10 missions online right now. I wouldnt call nearly doubling the size of the game a crappy update

BloodDragoon
Nov 15, 2006, 04:59 AM
Lot of times MMO companies dont spill all the beans to their update till a day or so beforehand. So we'll just have to wait and see if there is more to it.

DoubleJG
Nov 15, 2006, 05:02 AM
Hopefully this is true, the date I mean.

Zarbolord
Nov 15, 2006, 05:04 AM
EU GUARDIANS comming to the rescue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 15, 2006, 05:04 AM
*thousands of PSU players give a collective sigh of relief*

kitex2
Nov 15, 2006, 05:07 AM
yay more mission..., boo no expert classes meaning stuck with same crappy weps >.<

Rizen
Nov 15, 2006, 05:09 AM
Persoanlly, me and my group has been waiting for new missions. We have been playing every single mission there is available online atm unlike people who stick to Dragon/Relics and complain. This update will make it that much more fun to play.

Plus....I CALL SHOTGUN! HA! Also with Moatoob more clothes and weapons (Tenora brand) are availabe to synth and grind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-15 02:12 ]</font>

Rider
Nov 15, 2006, 05:12 AM
What did JP get in their second update and how long after the first did they get it?

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 05:13 AM
Two weeks after the first update

Zarbolord
Nov 15, 2006, 05:15 AM
This means just 2 weeks more for ours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 15, 2006, 05:17 AM
Well in 2 weeks I'll easily hit 50... Guess it'll be more money/item hoarding until we get our expert jobs.

Aaomi
Nov 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
Does this mean we will be able to grind Tenora Works?

Zarbolord
Nov 15, 2006, 05:32 AM
Sounds like it...

Rizen
Nov 15, 2006, 05:32 AM
On 2006-11-15 02:29, Aaomi wrote:

Yep. *gets Shotgun ready*

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
Thank FUCK for that, personally I do not give a shite but it'll shut up all the whining tardmongers and idiot reviewers.

Grr
Nov 15, 2006, 05:35 AM
HOLY FLYING GRINDED NOT C CLASS SHOTGUNS, batman.

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 05:36 AM
Shotguns gain a massive 2 atp when grinded

Grr
Nov 15, 2006, 05:48 AM
Sorry. in a collective manner , i meant to say: I cant wait for the new planet and its new wares with it (hopefully better than the C lass 2k shotgun) Also , Tenenora works is one of my favorite maker of weapons , so hopefully We will be able to get the Boards as drops on misisons (what we are to cheap to buy , that is.) Also certainly looking foward to new Bosses , Areas , Etc.

drmcst45
Nov 15, 2006, 05:52 AM
that sux. looks like im still stuck at lvl 50 for another 3-4 weeks.

How am i going to be able to solo those harder missions?! doing A rank onmagoug runs are hard as it is =/

Ogni-XR21
Nov 15, 2006, 06:03 AM
Nice, kind of, but I urgently need more support techs. GIVE ME DEBAND AND JELLEN PLEASE!

I'm still happy there is an update, but I want to be able to play support force or I won't be happy...

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 06:08 AM
It's ok, Shim is a crazed middle aged woman. You know how they get.

drmcst45
Nov 15, 2006, 06:09 AM
well i hope he dies early, i know i'd certainly fuck em up if i had the chance

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 06:11 AM
"Anyone like that caramel popcorn stuff? I'm trying to decide what to bring to this drama party.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
[20:10] <Argus> HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SOLO IF I CAN'T LVL PAST 50?????????
[20:10] <Argus> Oh boy, eye opener due for this dude.
[20:10] <Argus> You can't fucking solo dick past dragon and relics productively in A rank.
[20:10] <deleted> Yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
[20:11] <Argus> And as for his "onma A is hard enough to solo as it is," I call fucking bullcrap. YOU CAN'T FUCKING SOLO IT PERIOD, NOT UNLESS YOU HAVE 3 HOURS TO SPARE.
[20:12] <Argus> It is ENTIRELY non-productive to do so. Even with my 50+ expert class, that has fucking GUNS. IT TAKES TOO FUCKING LONG AND IS ENTIRELY STUPID.
[20:12] <Argus> I haven't tried it btw, just basing it on experience with a low member party. Took ages. Even with lvl 60s.
[20:13] <Argus> I don't believe for a moment this retard can solo A rank onma, or tried it for the first half hour without giving up, or finished it after an hour @boss and NEVER DID IT AGAIN. Fucking braggarts.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:18 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:08, Marks wrote:
It's ok, Shim is a crazed middle aged woman. You know how they get.

Lol you are like, not much younger than me at all. Misogynist? Pedophile? Just a plain idiot? Who knows.

My sister is younger than you, and she has kids, grey hair and love handles.

Edit: FYI, and while you are logging posts and performing great feats of mathematical equations based on past statements, I started writing for magazines just as I bust out of my teen years. If you want to make another "guesstimate" on my age based on that, go ahead, but as somebody who was in nappies while I hadn't lost my first baby teeth yet, I can only call you a FUCKING HYPOCRITE. :D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-15 03:26 ]</font>

hucast2k6
Nov 15, 2006, 06:23 AM
So no Expert Classes?

Gazette
Nov 15, 2006, 06:26 AM
No, but we finally get to grind Kuwabaras...
Though I hear their growth rate is pretty pathetic. ...

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 06:39 AM
What makes you think you know my age? BTW what do you mean by logging posts? Your suggesting that I am saving this shit in a log of some sort? That's ludicrous.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:43 AM
I've never posted my age here (well, not in the last 3 years), but I did post some vague info on my work history and gender, and this is the second time you've made evaluations/commented on it.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't log posts, but I DO remember laughing bout your previous derisive comments on my being a SPECIFICALLY female, 30+ gamer, with my friends in IRC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, what makes you think you know my age? Oh wait, your logging, no, sparkling total recall/mathmetical evaluations of past posts.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FYI your birthdate on PSOW is recorded as Jan 1st, 1980 and I happen to know it defaults to 1950, as I never entered mine and that is what it's set to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-15 03:52 ]</font>

SailorDaravon
Nov 15, 2006, 06:52 AM
Anybody know if when JP got this update, how shops changed? Will we be able to actually buy BETTER stuff, or just Tenora Works versions of the same stuff we have now?

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 06:53 AM
I wake up for work and the emos are at it, gonna be a great read when I get back.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:55 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:53, Yoruichi wrote:
I wake up for work and the emos are at it, gonna be a great read when I get back.

LOL I'm just fuckin' drunk. Just riding da wave.

Yoruichi
Nov 15, 2006, 06:57 AM
<3 ya like a sister Shima you NEVER disapoint lol

Pandatron
Nov 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
Haha thank goodness, it actually gives people a reason to unclog Raffion Field Base for a bit xD (before they all go 'Hays i dun like this place to DE RAGEN!!!'). In either case i'm looking forward to this just for a change in atmosphere, though love Neu and GOF don't get me wrong. Either way still drawing one step closer to obtaining closenss in terms of look and feel of JP online, which is always a plus ^_^.

Plus still gives us slow levelers time to get up to 50, continue lvling techs, get job requirements and so forth.

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 07:23 AM
On 2006-11-15 01:56, Marks wrote:
Actually this is a pretty crappy update. But at least moatoob is open.

Stop complaining. How can you call somthing crappy when you didn't even try it.

BioWarrior
Nov 15, 2006, 07:38 AM
lets hope they decide to give us the autumn event along with this, since our update occurs on the same day jp players get it.

Quark713
Nov 15, 2006, 07:43 AM
O.o...What's with all the swearing? Its not productive, and some of us (coughmecough) find it offensive...

kyori
Nov 15, 2006, 07:56 AM
On 2006-11-15 04:07, Pandatron wrote:
Haha thank goodness, it actually gives people a reason to unclog Raffion Field Base for a bit xD (before they all go 'Hays i dun like this place to DE RAGEN!!!'). In either case i'm looking forward to this just for a change in atmosphere, though love Neu and GOF don't get me wrong. Either way still drawing one step closer to obtaining closenss in terms of look and feel of JP online, which is always a plus ^_^.

Plus still gives us slow levelers time to get up to 50, continue lvling techs, get job requirements and so forth.

You'll never obtain the look and feel of JP if you're a US player. We are always 2-3 steps ahead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Damaged
Nov 15, 2006, 08:04 AM
All i want to know is, will there be new weapons and junk with this update ><

Para
Nov 15, 2006, 08:10 AM
New areas is always something nice to hear... and most likely new items will be available with this update. With Tenora Works opening up, expect a nice selection of Tenora Works arms and armoury at our disposal. Eg. Tenora Works B Rank weapons and armours.

Surprisingly... 1up? >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2006-11-15 05:27 ]</font>

Polenicus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:27 AM
I'm glad to have a little bit longer before Advanced jobs, if just that it gives me more time to raise my Striking PM (Bleh, taking forever. That's what I get for levelling a second character before my primary one can do A rank money runs I guess)

erwos
Nov 15, 2006, 08:37 AM
It's a start. "Ungrateful" as it sounds (gratitude for something I'm paying for seems dumb), the game needs more than some new missions to be worth the fee. I'll probably start thinking about restarting my subscription in February or March, assuming Sega can keep up at the same rate with the updates as they did with the Japanese - biweekly, or thereabouts.

Neith
Nov 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
Nice, good to see an update. I knew we wouldn't get expert classes this update (if I remember, I don't think the Japanese got them first update either?)

More love for Neudaiz is good, and nice to see Moatoob getting unlocked.

The giant Koltova- the thing you fight in Story Mode early on? (name escapes me)

November 17th eh? Friday maintenence? o_O

Arieta
Nov 15, 2006, 09:32 AM
Yes it is Uriko. At least that's the only Giant Koltova that I know of. We all knew, or at least you should've known, that expert classes wouldn't have been unlocked on this update. It'll be on the 2nd update, two weeks after this one.

Slyph
Nov 15, 2006, 09:35 AM

Yes

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
November 17th eh? Friday maintenence? o_O

Considering that all the updates have happened at 12am on fridays for me thus far...I'd say that's correct.

TwilightSea
Nov 15, 2006, 09:40 AM
It's about fucking time Sega. But knowing you, I'm going to wait to hear the 'delay news' and the massive glitches after the update.

Beck
Nov 15, 2006, 09:43 AM
This update is OK, i just want the next update which i am hoping is a week after this one.

TwilightSea
Nov 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
One thing I'm still wondering, where's our lobby theme.. oh I wait I forgot. We won't and never will get any lobby themes because they're Japanese Exclusive!

mogshaz
Nov 15, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-11-15 06:57, TwilightSea wrote:
One thing I'm still wondering, where's our lobby theme.. oh I wait I forgot. We won't and never will get any lobby themes because they're Japanese Exclusive!

Sorry, but i would much rather have more missions, weapons, armor, synthing boards, synthing materials, planets and clothes than lobby themes.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 10:03 AM
You know what is super crazy? Someone told me online a week or more ago, that the updates were coming this Friday. I believed her also and told a few others.

Unless everyone is lying to me!

Zalana
Nov 15, 2006, 10:37 AM
Hmmm not bad of a update. Go Neudaiz aka elf city.

Weak
Nov 15, 2006, 10:51 AM
Which clothes are going to be available on Moatoob?

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 10:59 AM
Sounds good. I don't really get this part of the update, though:

Chat Filter
We've listened to your comments, and the chat filter will be adjusted so Guardians can use the following terms:
*Fart
*Poop
*Pee-pee
*Vagina
*Dirty Sanchez
*Blowfish
*K-Fed
*Ann Coulter

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 11:02 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:59, RNLee wrote:

Chat Filter
We've listened to your comments, and the chat filter will be adjusted so Guardians can use the following terms:
*Fart
*Poop
*Pee-pee
*Vagina
*Dirty Sanchez
*Blowfish
*K-Fed
*Ann Coulter

Now we know which comments are most important to them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-11-15 03:23, hucast2k6 wrote:
So no Expert Classes?

<.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 08:05 ]</font>

Shade-
Nov 15, 2006, 11:05 AM
On 2006-11-15 07:59, RNLee wrote:

Chat Filter
*Fart
*Poop
*Pee-pee
*Vagina
*Dirty Sanchez
*Blowfish
*K-Fed
*Ann Coulter

K-Fed was censored? ROFL

Witchblade56
Nov 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
People complain about not having advanced jobs available yet. I say perfect i have two characters that im working really hard on to be able to use these jobs when they come out.

Moatoob? Yay! This means that we get new items to fool around with along with the possibility of newer clothing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

T2
Nov 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
Yes it does!!! Yay

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 11:24 AM
Well maotob is open but still no new weapons skills or items. They better have the clothes shop open there at least. Thats basicly what ive been waiting on.

Arieta
Nov 15, 2006, 11:28 AM
Uhhh there will be new weapons hello! Maotob is the home of Tenora works, which means we'll finally get B class weapons from them. For rangers this mostly means new shotguns since they're the only place that makes them, and it lets them grind now.

And most melee have been dieing for Tenora to come out since it has really high ATP and ATA, though it's lacking quite a bit PP.

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 11:29 AM
Sweet! More missions to do = enough to tide me over until the next update. If it's in another two weeks, that's great.

But this negative BS is retarded....

Marks: You got owned. stfu noob.

Twilight and all the other haters should stfu about the updates. The game has been out for just a little over two weeks now. If you're going to play so damn much, and max your levels out, you have no fucking right to bitch about anything. You know, no developer cares about the fact that you are going to drop everything and play as much as humanly possible.

Everybody was up in arms about how you can't compare PSU to FFXI or WoW, because this is a casual game, and FFXI/WoW are not. Well if you don't play it casually, and just grind the shit out of it, DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF CONTENT!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif Dumbasses

Sorry for the rant, but ungrateful little bitches get on my nerves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neith
Nov 15, 2006, 11:31 AM
You couldn't say Dirty Sanchez? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

They just need to fix 'Isn't it'

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:29, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Twilight and all the other haters should stfu about the updates. The game has been out for just a little over two weeks now. If you're going to play so damn much, and max your levels out, you have no fucking right to bitch about anything. You know, no developer cares about the fact that you are going to drop everything and play as much as humanly possible.

Yes, that makes perfect sense: ST is trying to encourage gamers all over the world to spend *less* time playing via PSU.

I can buy that.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 11:37 AM
Yay, so now we get what we payed for at retail, but in exchange for a monthly payment as well! I love Sega~!

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:36, RNLee wrote:

Yes, that makes perfect sense: ST is trying to encourage gamers all over the world to spend *less* time playing via PSU.

I can buy that.

As long as you pay the monthly fee, because last time I checked, there wasn't an hourly fee. lol@you

KirinDave
Nov 15, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:36, RNLee wrote:

I can buy that.

Very few games are scheduled around the hardcore gamer. Know why?

1. They will blow through content faster than you can possibly get it ready, and will get pissed either way.
2. They typically have the least money to spend anyways.
3. They are a vast minority.

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
Exactly.

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:41, _Deliverance_ wrote:
As long as you pay the monthly fee, because last time I checked, there wasn't an hourly fee. lol@you

Say "stfu" one more time. It's sexy.

RoninJoku
Nov 15, 2006, 11:56 AM
Are they really changing the chat filter? If so, I think they should have worked on how you can add 'ing' 'ed' or 's' to just about any swear to make it bypass the filter. I still find it extremely hilarious that you can say "fucking retarded bitches" and similarly ridiculous obscenities.

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-11-15 08:46, KirinDave wrote:
Very few games are scheduled around the hardcore gamer. Know why?

1. They will blow through content faster than you can possibly get it ready, and will get pissed either way.
2. They typically have the least money to spend anyways.
3. They are a vast minority.

Not to quibble, but I've actually worked on games, and you're completely wrong on almost every point. Successful games are aimed at pleasing hardcore gamers *and* casual players. The first group is important because:

1. They tend to have the *most* disposable income
2. They're key "early adopters"
3. True, they're a minority, but that minority are opinion setters--they staff all the gaming media, for one thing

You also try to satisfy casual players because, well, that's pretty much everybody else, and by aiming at both extremes, you cover the middle.

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 12:04 PM
1. orly? Hardcore gamers in highschool have the most disposable income?
2. Doesn't change your x monthly payments if you're whining about content but still playing anyway.
3. Can't really argue that point, but I never listen to reviews, and nobody that I know would listen to them either.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 15, 2006, 12:05 PM
does neone see a Date for this update? I dont

Spectral
Nov 15, 2006, 12:06 PM
Sorry for the rant, but ungrateful little bitches get on my nerves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You mean the ungrateful bitches that paid $60 for the game and $10 to get an extended play of what was in the free beta?

Yeah, damn those ungrateful bitches for expecting more for their $70 than what they got for free.

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yep, those same ungrateful bitches that paid the exact same as everybody else did, but won't be happy no matter what you give them. Those bitches.

Wheatpenny
Nov 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
Well everyone lets pack up our photon cells,and head to Moatab..we have work to do!!!!FOR THA ALLIANCE!!!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:11, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Yep, those same ungrateful bitches that paid the exact same as everybody else did, but won't be happy no matter what you give them. Those bitches.

I totally fucking agree. You can't please some of them bitches.

Oh the vulgarity. >.>

RNLee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:04, _Deliverance_ wrote:
1. orly? Hardcore gamers in highschool have the most disposable income?

Yeah, actually, a lot of them do. That doesn't really matter, though, as the median "gamer" age goes up every year. Second Life--although it's not really a "game," as such--is a good recent example. They've got almost 1.5 million users and growing, they're all over eighteen, a lot of the core users are in the 25-45 group, and that thing offers the casual user almost nothing--it's all about hardcore users.

Shinou
Nov 15, 2006, 12:17 PM
Ok seriously stop arguing sheesh. And anyways its good to see we're getting atleast something

SpishackCola
Nov 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
I almost want SoA to have the maintenance at the EU friendly time tomorrow so I can hop back on and play right after its done (how long did maintenance take on the JP servers for patches?) that night.

Xiber
Nov 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
a welcomed change of pace from the usual Parum and Nuediaz runs. De Ragan and Onmagoug becoming boring. Not to mention that machine boss who's name I can remember, let alone pronounce.

As for the lack of new classes, agreed, boo. I'm approaching hunter lvl 10 very quickly and i would like to change to a figunner before i get use to having all of those high stats. Although this does give me time to level up Ranger a bit, because you know getting that protranser class is so worth it...

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 12:35 PM
I definately have more spending money than I did in highschool, and by a large margin.

Flunky
Nov 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well, to bring things back to a more positive note...

Glee! To be honest I wasn't expecting a proper update for a little while longer, so this is like a happy little present for me. And not the sort of present a puppy leaves.

More missions is more variety, vewy vewy good. Moatoob means new environments, vewy vewy good. Moatoob -also- means precious Tenora weapons, grinding, armor, and hopefully clothes/parts.

Now ain't the time for bickering! Let's all be happy we get about double the initial (rather meager) content in but a day or two.

Wheatpenny
Nov 15, 2006, 12:57 PM
LOL rejoice we gotta go to Moatab and put some foot to behind all proper like.LET THE BEATINGS COMMENCE!!!

_Deliverance_
Nov 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:40, Flunky wrote:
Well, to bring things back to a more positive note...

Glee! To be honest I wasn't expecting a proper update for a little while longer, so this is like a happy little present for me. And not the sort of present a puppy leaves.

More missions is more variety, vewy vewy good. Moatoob means new environments, vewy vewy good. Moatoob -also- means precious Tenora weapons, grinding, armor, and hopefully clothes/parts.

Now ain't the time for bickering! Let's all be happy we get about double the initial (rather meager) content in but a day or two.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Shadow_Wing
Nov 15, 2006, 01:17 PM
1 word.

Woot.

^_^v

Nietzsche
Nov 15, 2006, 01:24 PM
'm very happy with this update its going to add alot in the way of items missions and such, as for those bitching about not enough to do yet i think south park said it best

"We are dealing with someone with absolutely no life."

Tso
Nov 15, 2006, 01:33 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:24, Nietzsche wrote:
'm very happy with this update its going to add alot in the way of items missions and such, as for those bitching about not enough to do yet i think south park said it best

"We are dealing with someone with absolutely no life."

Its not so much as "Bitching" we're basicly paying for incomplete work something you would find in a beta.
All im asking for is to keep us better informed.

Dusk21
Nov 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah I can't say I was expecting this, I didn't think we were gonna get an update for another week at least. To be honest I'm extremely pleased with this even if there aren't expert classes in the update. 6* shotguns is all I gotta say!

Apathy
Nov 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
ZOMG STILL NOT ENOUGH CONTENT!
::giggle LAUGH giggle::

*phew* I love this place

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 01:58 PM
I think a fair amount of anger can be attributed to the feeling of getting shafted in comparison to JP users. (Free beta month, 30 day trial vs. no beta month, 15 free days, no trial) Oh and if you don't live in a vaccum the people complaining about lack of things to do have a point. Anyone remember how DDO was blasted for lack of things to do? And they had all unique, Dungeon Master narrated missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Skyly
Nov 15, 2006, 02:03 PM
Man, omg on the sega site its funny, all they do is complain over there. lmao!! I'm happy for the update, gives me more reason to increase my lvl, but it sucks for the people who have already maxxed their lvl.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 02:07 PM
I think I just came

hucast21
Nov 15, 2006, 02:11 PM
I wasn't expecting the first update to be released this Friday, so I'm happy.

I hope we get to buy 6* weapons & armors in NPC shops in this update.

Kyuu
Nov 15, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-11-15 11:07, Genobee wrote:

I think I just came
Phew. Thought I was the only one with that reaction for a bit there.

... What? o_0

erwos
Nov 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-11-15 11:11, hucast21 wrote:
Could you imagine the amount of whining you'd hear from the guys who tossed down 25k on their current 6*s, only to find out they're some lesser amount in the shop? Not to mention the effect it'd have on the economy.

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-11-15 11:47, erwos wrote:

On 2006-11-15 11:11, hucast21 wrote:
Could you imagine the amount of whining you'd hear from the guys who tossed down 25k on their current 6*s, only to find out they're some lesser amount in the shop? Not to mention the effect it'd have on the economy.

Won't happen much if those 6* weapons are neutral photon only. If you want a specific element you still have to make it or purchase it via the player stores. Seems that not many folks like the neutral green photon.

Merumeru
Nov 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
XD yes! hot fighter clothes! finally! and i can get a decent shotgun!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yay no more shitty cast gear! I'm gonna get save up money right now to buy Tenora Weapons

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 15, 2006, 02:56 PM
Thank fucing god we can do something else besides de ragan and neudaiz missions

kyori
Nov 15, 2006, 03:00 PM
Don't get your hopes up on new clothes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SonicTMP
Nov 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
It's the same lackluster 1st update japan got. level cap stays the same. no expert classes yet. Just we get access to 4/5 star shotguns and can grind up tenora works weapons. At leats it gives us a little variety and acess to tenora weapons. 5star shotguns for rangers huzza!

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 03:08 PM
oooooo that means new rooom decorations too.

Trey_Winters
Nov 15, 2006, 03:09 PM
You know, for the longest time I've read so many people talk about this being an "incomplete game", and "not getting the game they payed for", due to the fact that there's locked content on the game disk. Do any of you realize that, had this game not come out first in Japan, you wouldn't even KNOW there was locked content on the disk, and hence you wouldn't even be "voicing your opinion"? So, SEGA's biggest mistake was really not making it a global release. If these updates were coming out at the same time for everyone, I guarantee a fair majority of you wouldn't even be griping about this.

Just to hammer home another fact: I came from EQOA, which had locked content on it for a very long time. Hell, a race and a large section of the lower left of the world map was locked until the expansion came out 7 months later. And yet, here we are, on PSU, after what, about a month, where people had been "expressing their concerns" for two+ weeks now? Sorry, but that's a little much.

It seems to me like SEGA is pacing itself, which to me is a smart business decision. The Japanese version is the test (basically), and by the time we get it, it should be fairly bug-free, since all that's really needed is the translation. I'd accept that, over getting bugged updates handed to us all the time.

I understand this whole "hardcore vs. casual gamer" ideal, but in all honesty, hardcore gamers are never going to be fully satisfied. They'll still continue to plow through everything as quickly and efficiently as possible, and then demand more the very next day. There is no satisfying them really, since it's pretty much impossible for a developer to keep up with how fast people can (and do) defeat everything in a game. Some people do it once and consider it done, and I accept that. However, if the game is designed around a slower pace, then people aren't going to be satisfied until it's sped up a bit. The problem is, the developer has their own schedule, and probably isn't going to change their business plan just because a small proportion of the game wants it now now now now now.

Not quite sure where I'm goin' with this post, really. Just adding yet another voice to the "we are the world" soundtrack that is the PSO-World forum...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trey_Winters on 2006-11-15 12:09 ]</font>

Auronp
Nov 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
Why do all you look at the negatives? Or not all but most. When you hear about an update be happy your getting new things. If you didnt do the same things over and over again in the first place you wouldnt get bored so fast (i.e. relics/dragon runs). We get new missions, new planet and new items, be happy and stop bitchin. So what if the level cap isnt raised yet, its bound to be on the next one. If they gave you everything right away you'd compain about that too, saying "i've seen everything this game has to offer and im bored" or some other dumb s**t. Play the game or do something else instead of bitching and moaning about this that and the third!

SonicTMP
Nov 15, 2006, 03:25 PM
You know, for the longest time I've read so many people talk about this being an "incomplete game", and "not getting the game they payed for", due to the fact that there's locked content on the game disk. Do any of you realize that, had this game not come out first in Japan, you wouldn't even KNOW there was locked content on the disk, and hence you wouldn't even be "voicing your opinion"? So, SEGA's biggest mistake was really not making it a global release. If these updates were coming out at the same time for everyone, I guarantee a fair majority of you wouldn't even be griping about this.

Uhhh the fact that online mode is suppost to have everything storymode has and more is a very very big hint that online mode isn't fully unlocked. You'd be blind not to realize that.

Besides it's pretty simple for evena retard to figrue out how small online mode is. Just play thru it and people would be asking, whay can't i use these weapons? how come i can't get past this level? Why can't i get to this map/planet? It's all exteremely obvious.

A global release wouldn't of solved a thing. No other online game opens up with a beta of content while the rest is locked. Every other game out there that you play online that is the offical version on release day is condicered a compelete game. They might have some bugs yes but content updates for ANY other game is brand new things they have developed AFTER the game has been finished, not unlocking of content that is already there.

ProfessorZ
Nov 15, 2006, 03:25 PM
It is finally complete. If the game was released like this I wouldn't have had any problems with it

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 03:26 PM
We are paying a monthly fee to get content that we payed for when we bought the game. BS

myomer
Nov 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
And there you have the "marketing glitch" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So apparently ST has worked something out with 1up to do its updates first; so 1up had to post it before ST could say anything on their own site.

Anyhoo.... good stuff. This does indeed mean we can grind tenora finally.

DMC_Dante
Nov 15, 2006, 03:40 PM
Eh, I'm happy we can get to moatob because I love tenora weapons so I will enjoy that and the new item drops that go along with the new missions and planets...only thing I don't like is that there are no expert classes yet and hell that should be next update I'd think

kyori
Nov 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
to be realistic on this media glitch. it was similar in japan. Famitsu had the exclusive on it and they currently release it as the weekly graal channel 5s.

peenk
Nov 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-11-15 02:04, EC_Subbie wrote:
*barely hundreds of PSU players give a collective sigh of relief*

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-11-15 12:09, Trey_Winters wrote
stuff

The part that you bring up 'We wouldn't have bitched if we never knew it existed' is bullshit. We would have complained anyways, because the online mode would be so small compared to the rest of the game. In fact, it would have been WORSE. If we had not known that there would be content updates, then the games score would have gone even lower on all the gaming sites and many gamers would have given up because the game would have been so tiny.

Just thought i'd bring that up.

EDIT: To stay on-topic, i'm glad to see this update. 5 star Shotties? I'll take it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2006-11-15 13:23 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
There's currently more content up than PSO ep 1 ever had, though. Barring bosses. Oh, there's one less MAIN boss.

Let's see:

Raffon plains 1+2.
Relics.
Linear Line 1+2.
Green Forest 1+2 (oh I forgot the US name, sue me)
Onma area 1+2.
Temple thinger.

Oh look, 6 unique areas. 3 main bosses, 2 mini bosses. Massive wealth of trading, creating weapons on the side.

Versus:

Forest.
Caves.
Mines.
Ruins.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

AND WE'RE GETTING MORE AREAS AFTER ONLY 3 WEEKS!

THE IRRITATION OF US PLAYERS IS CAUSING ME SUCH CONSTERNATION I'M GETTING BLISTERS IN MY BRAIN!

BluCast20xx
Nov 15, 2006, 04:45 PM
i dont think it was just about the large areas, but more on the difficulty.

people find that it's too easy, even if they did every single mission multiple times they still find it easy.

total BS on their part.

Try soloing "Grove of Fanatics C" by yourself when your about level 28-35. WHen you party, the games becomes more easier and less annoying (stupid byshas)

Granted if you're a good player and come prepared, you'll pull off an S-Rank, but the difficulty shows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dr_Lantis
Nov 15, 2006, 04:47 PM
Yay ^_^

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:37, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Let's see:

Raffon plains 1+2.
Relics.
Linear Line 1+2.
Onma area 1+2.
Temple thinger.

Oh look, 6 unique areas. 3 main bosses, 2 mini bosses. Massive wealth of trading, creating weapons on the side.

Versus:

Forest 1+2.
Caves 1+2+3.
Mines 1+2.
Ruins 1+2+3.

Oh look, 10 unique areas, 4 main bosses, more maps per area and more enemy variety per area. PSO wins!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 04:59 PM
That's PSO episode 2, and I think you'll find it took years to get there.

Also the huge maps were completely fucking tedious.

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 05:01 PM
10 minute missions are completely fucking repetitive

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 05:03 PM
GTFO this forum, traitor.

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-11-15 02:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Thank FUCK for that, personally I do not give a shite but it'll shut up all the whining tardmongers and idiot reviewers.

Dhylec
Nov 15, 2006, 05:15 PM
I think 10 mins aren't so bad.
I still remember many complained about Caves & Ruins, sometimes Mines, being too long, yet many played them for years.

Anyway, more about the new updates & less about what's not.
> Everyone.

Wang_Tang
Nov 15, 2006, 05:16 PM
So... we get Moatoob... cool, I've been looking forward to being able to craft weapons from there. Some new missions, etc...

Ehh... level cap? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I saw anywhere in the article on 1up.com that we would be receiving an increase in the level cap to 60, or for that matter, access to the expert classes. Does this mean we have to wait another month for those? Or, are they going to be implemented this patch, but just haven't been announced? Really, it seems like something pretty huge to leave out, so I'm left to the assumption that indeed we have to wait another month (Sega mentioned "monthly updates") before we get that content. Granted, I'm nowhere near the level cap, and have a few more class levels go to before I'm ready for the expert class change anyways... but still, there are people at the level cap.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tomeeboy
Nov 15, 2006, 05:17 PM
I believe that those may be things that arrive in the 2nd update, which is supposedly going to follow closely behind this upcoming one. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is how they did it with the JP release as well.

xFuZioN
Nov 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
Im pretty sure that the next update, which should increase level cap and add expert classes, should happen around December 15th.

Flunky
Nov 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
For JP, I believe the second update was 2 weeks after the first. It added expert classes, among a fair number of other things.

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
I haven't played single player very much, so the idea of being able to explore a brand new planet is very exciting. I can't wait to hear the new music, see the new city, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flunky
Nov 15, 2006, 05:37 PM
Play single player so you can learn the story (online is supposed to take place -after- the events of story mode, and does indeed have its own story that'll be starting up in a future update). Don't play single player for the gameplay (in my opinion).

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 05:39 PM
I've been playing it in little bits, like on maintenence nights. I'll get it finished eventually >.>

Maxurion
Nov 15, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yay for updates! I'm still not going online til the next one comes out with "gi" TECHNICs, but meh.

Also, anyone else notice that this update is coming out on the same day the PS3 is released? And 2 days before the Wii?

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:49, Maxurion wrote:

Also, anyone else notice that this update is coming out on the same day the PS3 is released? And 2 days before the Wii?

Just coincidence.

peenk
Nov 15, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:49, Maxurion wrote:
Yay for updates! I'm still not going online til the next one comes out with "gi" TECHNICs, but meh.

Or perhaps its comming out along with the usual maintaince done on thursdays?
LoL PSU competing with Wii and PS3? PS3>PSUx100 or Wii>PSUx10

Mwabwetumba
Nov 15, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well, I'd rather play PSU than own a PS3 or Wii...

...oh god...

*runs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-15 14:55 ]</font>

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 06:04 PM
I want to play PSU on the Wii and swing my controller around to show those frog-dogs what for. >.>

BydoEmpire
Nov 15, 2006, 06:11 PM
That's awesome, I can't wait for some new missions. Great, great news!

RuinedReBirth
Nov 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
Sweet! Finally! Read this this morning. Excited! Makes me wonder if we get expert classes next friday? Regardless, gives me lots more to do! =D

-Shimarisu-
Nov 15, 2006, 06:41 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:14, Ether wrote:

On 2006-11-15 02:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:

A. What? I don't get it.
B. I wrote:

Raffon plains 1+2.
Relics.
Linear Line 1+2.
Onma area 1+2.
Temple thinger.

= 6 unique areas. I counted 1 and 2 as ONE area every time.

You wrote:

Forest 1+2.
Caves 1+2+3.
Mines 1+2.
Ruins 1+2+3.

=10 *unique* areas.

Are you on something? I want to count numbers that aren't there too. Might make my lifespan seem a bit longer.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 06:41 PM
Hmm.. I guess they read my thread and decided to shut me up eh.
That's good.

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 07:01 PM
Guys we aren't getting Experts until december so stop asking, your crea sabers will have to wait.

LightBreaker
Nov 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-11-15 02:09, Rizen wrote:
Persoanlly, me and my group has been waiting for new missions. We have been playing every single mission there is available online atm unlike people who stick to Dragon/Relics and complain. This update will make it that much more fun to play.

Plus....I CALL SHOTGUN! HA! Also with Moatoob more clothes and weapons (Tenora brand) are availabe to synth and grind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-15 02:12 ]</font>

If this follows the JP update there wont be any new clothes added to the store. Hopefully it doesn't. D:

AnamanaAU
Nov 15, 2006, 07:39 PM
Gol Dolva is the name of the big Koltolva.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 07:42 PM
I wonder when the next update is hmmmm.....?

UltraDeeDer
Nov 15, 2006, 08:58 PM
Finally, but i hope everyone will stop bitching. You knew what you were buying so stick with it.

Khabarakh
Nov 15, 2006, 09:01 PM
ok. First thing, don't scream at me for asking. I've looked everywhere, i did a forum search and got nothing. I've been asking around, and I got a strong per cent saying November 17th, and another strong per cent saying december 5th. Im sic of people complaining about it. If I'm missing something horribly, because i see no other questions about it, please go easy... im fragile...

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 09:03 PM
Um I dunno maybe the topic 2 below this one named ZOMG AN UPDATE!! November 17th.

Garnet_Moon
We're getting two updates between now and December 15th. The opening of Moatoob and new missions for Parum and Neudaiz are the 17th of this month, and the Expert Jobs are between the 17th of November and the 15th of December.

Auronp
Its ok, we all miss things now and then. The main page here has a link to 1up that details the update happening on november 17th. They say two by december 15th but this one is the only known one as of now.

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 09:04 PM
No clothes..?

Khabarakh
Nov 15, 2006, 09:05 PM
thank you.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGH! YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT!??!?!?!?! YOU"RE DUMB!

Nah I'm just playin. I didn't know there were two so in a way I just called myself dumb.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:01, Ether wrote:

Eh don't worry, these 10 minute missions on Parum will turn into 30; and the 30 minute missions on Neudaiz will turn into 60. I don't care about Moatoob because it's just one giant head ache waiting to happen... i'll go, but only because I can grind my tenora saber. I'll stay and see if anybody else does the missions. If not, it's back to Parum and Neudaiz.

Now... doubling the time per mission because the same mobs(palette swapped S Rankers) just have a ton more HP... iunno if that's a good thing, but it means more time to spend with people per outting, so that is awesome.

PSOW - UNIVERSE 15 - GRAND OPENING OF MOATOOB EXTRAVAGANZA!

ALL PSOW MEMBERS SHOULD GO TO, AND ONLY STAY ON MOATOOB ON THE 17th AND I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LEAVE PASSWORDS OFF PLEASE! LET'S HAVE FUN IN A NEW AREA TOGETHER, AND NOT BE JERKS WITH PASSWORDS.

>.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 18:12 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 09:09 PM
Why are there 10 bizillion threads regarding the update? Choose one, and stay there. PLEASE stop making repeats.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 15, 2006, 09:10 PM
In the first of what will surely be dozens and dozens of updates, 1UP has teamed up with Sega to be your official source for Phantasy Star Universe news, at least one to two days before the information even shows up on Sega's own website.

Nobody saw that one?

Bookmark your info links now to relay the news to make topics here.

Boing.

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, let's do that. But first, we shall go clothes shopping!

[Angry, Face 4, Shout]

Khabarakh
Nov 15, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:09, RyukiZero wrote:
Why are there 10 bizillion threads regarding the update? Choose one, and stay there. PLEASE stop making repeats.

didn't you even read what I said...

"i did a forum search and came up with nothing"...
Sorry for ruining your life because i didnt see any posts on it...

ShadowDragon28
Nov 15, 2006, 09:50 PM
cool, very cool. The update is very encouraging. I actually have more of an inclination to play PSU online. (having a fun time playing storymode and a little bit of Extra Mode).

Now all I need to get is a Guardian Licence, and set up my Slim PS2 network connection, and pick up an Nyko "online kit" (two 25 ft a Cat5 ethernet cables) from EB Games.

Just a temp set-up until I can afford a "Linksys Wireless-G Gaming Adapter" (fraking thing is $100)

Tak, you reading this? Taking a break from playing Melty Blood or StreetFighter 3 for a bit?You know who you are. Are you ever going to play online? lol Later.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 09:51 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=8426 Enjoy son.

Kanore
Nov 15, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:51, Xbob wrote:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=8426 Enjoy son.

Thank you ^_^

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2006, 09:54 PM
The official boards are the 18th circle of HELL. That is all.

Xbob
Nov 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
Beats the hell out of the 19th circle.

Calibur
Nov 15, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-11-15 18:04, RyukiZero wrote:
No clothes..?

the first Japanese update didnt get any...

-Ryuki-
Nov 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
We shouldn't be mimicing them. Why do I say that?

Because when the EU gets their release of PSU, they get the full benefits.

That, sir, is uber crap.

ChocoboChad
Nov 15, 2006, 10:47 PM

I'd assume it does.

'Cuz Tenora Works is the name of their shopping center.

~Eh, nevermind...didn't notice this thing was so long...
~
Someone probably answered already. >_<~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChocoboChad on 2006-11-15 19:49 ]</font>

Marks
Nov 16, 2006, 01:43 AM
Wheeee.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 01:52 AM
wait so why would Moatoob clothes shop have no clothes?

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 02:07 AM
One set of clothes is nothing. Uber crap.

Flunky
Nov 16, 2006, 02:22 AM
One set of clothes is nothing? If there's a set of new parts for casts, that's double the non-starting gear!

Blasted non-cast kids and their fashion options...

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 02:25 AM
Yes. Darn us and our fashion sense. =)

Haceldama
Nov 16, 2006, 05:22 AM
hm tagging in, i want the expert classes, don't care about the rest, just want to be able to use pa's at lv21 +
oh but i do hope the clothing store got good stuff in it.
new missions, great.

oh and complaining about the update schedule and such is in order,
we are getting ripped off, sega wants to make money,
we have to pay it in order to play the game by their rules,
fine by me as long as it is still fun, if it isn't i quit, and that's it, end of story.

i don't mind complaining, i prefer it over the the other reaction.
shows some degree of reason in there,
it is normal to complain about this scheme.
i'm rather sure that even with a 180 days license
one would need to renew it for ALL content to be available,
that makes 100+ bucks at least.
an expensive game, it better be good, that is what the complaining is about.

Merumeru
Nov 16, 2006, 09:43 AM
XD i hope the expert class update comes later, i want time to prep some more charries for expert and get some more meseta to buy the weps, but I def welcome more missions and a new shop to upgrade Tenora weps :3

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 16, 2006, 01:25 PM
heh this is what forum boards are for. there will ALWAYS be someone bitching about something, Pre-Update -"god when are we getting an update??? bitch bitch bitch..." Update announced: "wtf this update isn't good enough, i NEED more cuz i'm getting ripped off for a WHOLE 10 dollars!" seriously, i check these boards everyday and I'm sick of people complaining about 10 f***in dollars. ITS ONLY 10 DOLLARS for godsake! thats 120 dollars a year... L2GetAJob or save money by letting go of some other expense that is less important to you than PSU. and if there are those of you who say "hey, i have lots of bills I can't cut back anymore and I definitlely can't spare 10 dollars." i say that's bullshit. if you really needed 10 dollars, go looking for change on the street for a month. you can find more than just 10 dollars if you try =P

quitcherbitchin.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 01:27 PM
And of course, there's always someone who comes in with his blantant cussing, thinking he has the answers to everything being debated and ranted about.

Nice try =)

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 16, 2006, 01:38 PM
well Newton's third law always holds true Ryuki. and blatant cussing? are you talking about the word shit? or bitch? or how bout f***in? I apologize for that then, i forgot there were kids on these boards....earmuffs Ryuki. and no Ryuki I did not assume I had the answers to "everything" being debated about, I only wanted to share my opinion, whether it be wrong or right (in the eyes of the public) like many of us on this board do from time to time.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-11-16 10:27, RyukiZero wrote:
And of course, there's always someone who comes in with his blantant cussing, thinking he has the answers to everything being debated and ranted about.

Nice try =)

Stating the obvious, but also his opinion.

A nice try of sarcasm would be something like: you can buy real new clothes for $10, beasts don't need them being naked in Nanoblast, and (male)Casts already get "look I spent 20k on these back spikes."

And also there's people who run around in body suits, they said to hell with those clothes!

RNLee
Nov 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
On 2006-11-16 10:38, DJ_Phantasy wrote:
I only wanted to share my opinion

I think the problem is that your opinion, like a lot of posters', boils down to "Anybody who isn't ecstatically happy about PSU is an idiot and should shut up." That's the primary difference I see, here, between those criticizing the game and those hell bent on defending it--if any of the critics have referred to those who love the game as-is as "stupid and greedy" or "retarded" or "gay" or "traitors" (WTF?) or "babies" or "bitches" or what have you, I haven't seen it. Because I said I agreed with IGN that the game didn't rate a monthly subscription fee, I've been accused, now, of having no taste, having no job, wasting my life, being unable to afford ten bucks a month, yadda, yadda, yadda.

There's a big difference between criticizing a freaking game and screaming at people and insulting them because they don't agree with you. We're all playing the game, or we wouldn't be here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RNLee on 2006-11-16 11:14 ]</font>

MonomateJunky
Nov 16, 2006, 09:36 PM
Flyer routes to Moatoob have been re-secured for GUARDIAN missions and will be available this November.
BOOOOO! They edited the article to just say 'this November' instead of 'November 17th.' I can't say that's horribly surprising, as these things always seem to have a way of being delayed, but I think it's stupid they quoted them an exact date in the first place if they weren't sure they could live up to it. That's always disappointing.

kitex2
Nov 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
does that mean we get more clothes, i mean every planet has there own set so...yeah...does anyone what it looks like/will they relase more then 1 set

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Nov 16, 2006, 10:24 PM
hmm I was wondering the same thing... so far each planet has had 2 sets for each gender (casts excluded) so they would technically be inclined to have two with moatoob... but... the update notes didn't mention anything about new clothing, so I don't know.

Xbob
Nov 16, 2006, 10:25 PM
Yes, new planets comes with new clothes, granted every planet won't be getting new clothes this exact update, but if the clothes shop is OPEN, then there shall be new clothes for us.

mech259_
Nov 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
There will be no new clothes in this update.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 16, 2006, 10:46 PM
is this true? someone told me tht it was getting released tonight, but i have some doubts, i really hope it comes out tonight so tht i can reset my pm tomorrow.

Saner
Nov 16, 2006, 10:47 PM
hmmm well people who want the complete experience and access found the wrong time to start paying for online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seyren
Nov 16, 2006, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know if any new weapons will be coming with the update? If the clothes offline are any indication of what Moatoob will have online, there's nothing worth wearing in there anyway. At least not in comparison to what we already have available in Parum and lovely Neudaiz.

Maxurion
Nov 16, 2006, 10:57 PM
Nope, it's in the update after this one.

kitex2
Nov 16, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-11-16 19:45, mech259_ wrote:

i not doubting you or anything be what do you base the off of, any documentation or info on it?

Genoa
Nov 16, 2006, 11:33 PM
So they give as a new area to play in... and yet we're still limited to B class equipment and the three basic classes... gee, I suppose it's so we can have another place to level our characters who can only go so high with mediocre equipment >_> by the time Expert Classes come out, my main character will be HU.10/RA.10/FO.10 at lvl.50... I first saw no point in going out of the way of getting the high B class weapons and wasting so much money.... when they'll be A and S ranks soon >_> but by the looks of it... maybe it will be a better choice because we're stuck at B! >____________>

... I just have to tell myself... that someday, we'll be playing with a friend and say "dang dude, remember when the max lvl. was 50 and you could only use B weapons ... and they didn't even have all the types of weapons out." ........ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MAGNUShunter
Nov 16, 2006, 11:56 PM
yayness

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 12:02 AM
1 set of new clothes for Male Humans. 1 set for everyone.

Not enough.

Ether
Nov 17, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-11-16 20:00, kitex2 wrote:

On 2006-11-16 19:45, mech259_ wrote:

i not doubting you or anything be what do you base the off of, any documentation or info on it?

The Japanese version of this update added one new pair of boots, for male characters

They're also ugly as hell

ShadowXion
Nov 17, 2006, 12:07 AM
Male Humans NEED new cloths. I have been stuck with the same set since I started because the current ones are terrible. So we have it coming.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-11-16 21:07, ShadowXion wrote:
Male Humans NEED new cloths. I have been stuck with the same set since I started because the current ones are terrible. So we have it coming.

God you just got 2* luck. What else do you want? The key to the fucking GUARDIANS colony? Jesus.

Give the luck back to the Newman Fs. ; ;

<______________<

Genobee
Nov 17, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-11-16 21:07, ShadowXion wrote:

Shut up you get Crea wepaons.....................

Vorpal
Nov 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, but you got Nanoblasts and SUV weapons. We can't even use Crea weapons yet =P.

-Crokar-
Nov 17, 2006, 01:13 AM
one giant flame fest

Temari
Nov 17, 2006, 01:37 AM
New update sounds better than nothing at all.

btw, is there another makeover place? because one time I saw this HUmarl (?) with 4 ponytails. :l

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 02:06 AM
No, that guy's right. We NEED new clothes. Everyone looks the same. I've seen more Casts and Beasts actually look different than I see guys playing as female characters.

And y'know something? Crea Weapons suck =)

DakZhul
Nov 17, 2006, 03:43 AM
there will be new clothing.....swimsuits dood! swimsuits! i get to wear a speedo! yes!

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 03:44 AM
According to several, we aren't getting clothes.