PDA

View Full Version : How long do you get banned for ,for spamming?

Marks
Nov 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
I hear some people getting banned for spamming lobbies. Are these permanent bans? I have a hard time believing that as Sega barely makes an effort to ban hackers, but bans spammers?

GeoHolyhart
Nov 15, 2006, 06:15 AM
I never heard about that... I did hear about some hackers that make other characters spam and they got banned for that, but not the actual act of spamming. If anyone got banned for spamming it's news to me, but I suppose it's their fault then.

Kou-Diacyper
Nov 15, 2006, 06:31 AM
Ten million years.

Xiber
Nov 15, 2006, 12:24 PM
just last night, on Universe 15 in Raffon Field Base, we had a few people here and there, over a span of about 2 hours, were spamming the same thing so the text bubble would become huge, we had someone tell us we were dumb, but no one said stop. I don't think spamming is that terrible, and doesn't really constitute a ban, unless someone is offended by it, then its a different story.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:25 PM
I hope it is permanant. These kinds of people never learn and only continue to do it even when they are unbanned.

Pure-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
For-evah! XD

Talin
Nov 15, 2006, 01:07 PM
The real question is - WHY would you spam? It doesn't make any sense. So yeah, if someone were to spam over and over, I would report them for being inconsiderate and hope they received at least a "slap on the wrist" of some nature.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:07, Talin wrote:
The real question is - WHY would you spam? It doesn't make any sense. So yeah, if someone were to spam over and over, I would report them for being inconsiderate and hope they received at least a "slap on the wrist" of some nature.

A slap on the wrist from ST is a ban. If you hack they send Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to your house to rape you. And furry sex isn't a good thing. Not at all. ; ;

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 01:10 PM
For ever! For ever...For-e-ver..FOR-EH-VER..Anyone catch the refference?

McFresh_Bot
Nov 15, 2006, 01:13 PM
Hopefully forever.

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 01:27 PM
O lighten up, spamming isn't bad enough for a perma ban. i was part of the spamming at raffon last night and noone seemed so upset that they would report us, or even bl us. I saw a few people from the forums join in so don't try acting so high and mighty. Next time you see spammers why not try and join in (long as it isn't offensive) and take a break from grinding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-15 10:27 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:27, Candor wrote:
O lighten up, spamming isn't bad enough for a perma ban. i was part of the spamming at raffon last night and noone seemed so upset that they would report us, or even bl us. I saw a few people from the forums join in so don't try acting so high and mighty. Next time you see spammers why not try and join in (long as it isn't offensive) and take a break from grinding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-15 10:27 ]</font>

Well if it's the "DON'T LET LOL FALL OFF THE SCREEN OR WE ALL DIE!" game, then that's always fun to play. Why? Because almost everybody joins in at least once.

The spam I don't like is with the shout feature. If i'm by you i'll listen, if i'm not you are reported.

Now... if it's an "OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!" shout spam, then that can stay. <3

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
I seen someone on the 360 Spam "Meow" in a think box and it was so big and other people scream out, "SAKE!!!" It gets annoying because I can't see things with all those speach bubbles

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
I was yet another one of the group that spammed the large chat bubble on Raffon Field Base last night. Once again, no one asked us to stop, they either participated or didn't. It's nothing to Ban someone over, because all you have to do is either ask us to stop or leave the area. It's not going to destroy your game like someone that hacks will. So I suggest we all find something better to bitch about.

Now that I think back on it, there was a post here that rings pretty true. It said something along the lines of "They could be the best PSU player out there, but you wouldn't know because you saw them on an off day." and to tell you the truth, that's pretty much the only reason I spam. Despite being a FKL Veteran, I like to play my games as respectfuly as possible. I always wait up for teammates that lag behind, I leave plenty of items behind when I use my hunter, I almost always leave my games open, ect. Maybe if more of you guys showed the same courtesy I'd spam less.

Besides, after grinding De Ragon 6 times in a row, a break is kind of Needed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2006-11-15 12:27 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Nov 15, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-11-15 12:20, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I was yet another one of the group that spammed the large chat bubble on Raffon Field Base last night. Once again, no one asked us to stop, they either participated or didn't. It's nothing to Ban someone over, because all you have to do is either ask us to stop or leave the area. It's not going to destroy your game like someone that hacks will. So I suggest we all find something better to bitch about.

Now that I think back on it, there was a post here that rings pretty true. It said something along the lines of "They could be the best PSU player out there, but you wouldn't know because you saw them on an off day." and to tell you the truth, that's pretty much the only reason I spam. Despite being a FKL Veteran, I like to play my games as respectfuly as possible. I always wait up for teammates that lag behind, I leave plenty of items behind when I use my hunter, I almost always leave my games open, ect. Maybe if more of you guys showed the same courtesy I'd spam less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2006-11-15 12:27 ]</font>

This man speaks wise words.

Kyuu
Nov 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
I find it funny that anyone would actually post the reasoning that "Well, nobody asked us to stop, and if someone had, obviously we all would all have listened and stopped immediately." That's total BS and you know it.

Having fun with the chat features is fine. I have fun with it too. But doing something that is quite obviously aimed at disrupting other people's gaming experience because you think it's funny (i.e. spamming huge text bubbles that fill up a screen) is certainly something you can't seriously be surprised you might get reported and punished for. It's basically the equivalent of going into a restaurant, plugging in your guitar, and wailing away on your 5000W speaker. You might be enjoying yourself, but the people around you are probably not sharing your enjoyment. When they call the police to have you dragged out, you can't blame them. Unless you're a sociopath, I suppose.

Addendum: I have no idea what went on with the incident being discussed, as I wasn't present and hadn't even heard about it previously. My words are, therefore, meant as a general blanket statment, and not specifically aimed at what happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-11-15 12:44 ]</font>

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 03:45 PM
Maybe if more of you guys showed the same courtesy I'd spam less.

We both know that's not true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2006-11-15 12:42, Kyuu wrote:
Addendum: I have no idea what went on with the incident being discussed, as I wasn't present and hadn't even heard about it previously.

not (http://i15.tinypic.com/4cle7ag.jpg) much (http://i10.tinypic.com/4bhidjs.jpg) really. (http://i15.tinypic.com/2ivz0wj.jpg)

But like what was said before, it was an off day for me. First time i've played in about a week and all my friends were on so we went a bit crazy. I don't think we ruined anyone's game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-15 13:04 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 03:51 PM
I find it funny that anyone would actually post the reasoning that "Well, nobody asked us to stop, and if someone had, obviously we all would all have listened and stopped immediately." That's total BS and you know it.

Not total BS. We got called retards, but never were asked to stop.

Having fun with the chat features is fine. I have fun with it too. But doing something that is quite obviously aimed at disrupting other people's gaming experience because you think it's funny (i.e. spamming huge text bubbles that fill up a screen) is certainly something you can't seriously be surprised you might get reported and punished for. It's basically the equivalent of going into a restaurant, plugging in your guitar, and wailing away on your 5000W speaker. You might be enjoying yourself, but the people around you are probably not sharing your enjoyment. When they call the police to have you dragged out, you can't blame them. Unless you're a sociopath, I suppose.

What, you've NEVER done that before? (Your example is quite extreme)

Addendum: I have no idea what went on with the incident being discussed, as I wasn't present and hadn't even heard about it previously. My words are, therefore, meant as a general blanket statment, and not specifically aimed at what happened.

You sound like you've had this problem in the past, but since you just said that you have never experienced it yourself I guess it doesn't matter.

Zalana
Nov 15, 2006, 04:00 PM
I'm suprised no one chimed in about a content update or sum shiet idk.

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:00, Zalana wrote:
I'm suprised no one chimed in about a content update or sum shiet idk.

you just did

Witchblade56
Nov 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
lol @ this, if youve ever played FFXI then shout spam [or spam of any type barring the vulgar and -truly- offensive types] shouldnt bother you at all.

It happens far more frequently than people discuss; who cares? Last time spam cropped up at raffon it was for a PSOW forum member photo to be posted here. I joined in on the fun!

Really try not to take the game so seriously; have some fun and make new friends.

Vorpal
Nov 15, 2006, 04:24 PM
I don't see much bad in spamming. It doesn't bother me, harm me, stop me, or anything.

jarek99
Nov 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
spammers dont exist...at least not after I walk up to them and select "add to blacklist" from the menu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif How many people can the blacklist have? I've already got like 15 or so

RedCoKid
Nov 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
Some of you don't get it. When a couple people spam a text box to make it fill the screen, everyone is forced to play blindfolded. And when someone physically impedes your ability to play the game, it's as morally wrong as cheating or hacking.

I've already blacklisted one member of a group that did this, and I wouldn't hesitate to blacklist more for the same offense.

Stop the spamming! Nobody finds it funny anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2006-11-15 13:37 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:36, RedCoKid wrote:
Some of you don't get it. When a couple people spam a text box to make it fill the screen, everyone is forced to play blindfolded. And when someone physically impedes your ability to play the game, it's as morally wrong as cheating or hacking.

I think you should defend your statement, because them's are fightin words partner. You're saying that spamming is morally wrong? On what grounds are you basing this? Nobody is stopping you from adding us to the blacklist, as you so obviously did already. Bingo, there's your answer. It exists for a reason people. Use it. Don't ban people who, as I stated earlier, may be respectable players who are just a tad bit bored and feel the need to release some steam.

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 04:43 PM

It's not possible for any bubble to "fill the screen", our biggest bubble was only 1/6th (http://i10.tinypic.com/4bhidjs.jpg) of the screen. Spam in no way impedes your gameplay.

RedCoKid
Nov 15, 2006, 04:50 PM
It's not possible for any bubble to "fill the screen", our biggest bubble was only 1/6th (http://i10.tinypic.com/4bhidjs.jpg) of the screen. Spam in no way impedes your gameplay.The message was max length, and it was done in the middle of a battle. It filled the entire screen (PS2) except for the HUD on the side. Maybe your circumstances were different, but that doesn't make it okay. It's juvenile humor, and it gets old fast.

Iecur
Nov 15, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-11-15 13:43, Candor wrote:

It's not possible for any bubble to "fill the screen", our biggest bubble was only 1/6th (http://i10.tinypic.com/4bhidjs.jpg) of the screen. Spam in no way impedes your gameplay.

So if thirty people use the maximun allowed characters and each has a different message on it, it won't fill up the screen one bit ?

DoubleJG
Nov 15, 2006, 06:06 PM
This is why we have the blacklist.

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:55, Iecur wrote:
So if thirty people use the maximun allowed characters and each has a different message on it, it won't fill up the screen one bit ?

Correct!

Ryoki
Nov 15, 2006, 07:24 PM

Woaz! were you in the Katamari with us?
(if you weren't there, you won't get it.)

________
Tube 8 (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Ryoki
Nov 15, 2006, 07:26 PM
On 2006-11-15 12:45, Candor wrote:

Maybe if more of you guys showed the same courtesy I'd spam less.

We both know that's not true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Addendum: I have no idea what went on with the incident being discussed, as I wasn't present and hadn't even heard about it previously.

not (http://i15.tinypic.com/4cle7ag.jpg) much (http://i10.tinypic.com/4bhidjs.jpg) really. (http://i15.tinypic.com/2ivz0wj.jpg)

But like what was said before, it was an off day for me. First time i've played in about a week and all my friends were on so we went a bit crazy. I don't think we ruined anyone's game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-15 13:04 ]</font>

WOOT! IT WAS THE KATAMARI!
Sorry..
But that was a lot of fun. someone made a comment on it being a "Word Spirit Bomb". I don't think anyone should be banned for something like this.

Sorry bout the double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-15 16:28 ]</font>
________
Hero Honda Cbz History (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Hero_Honda_CBZ)

Sexy_Raine
Nov 15, 2006, 07:41 PM
I hate spammers, they are immature, and have nothing better to do than to annoy people. I love the shout feature, but don't use it pointlessly please! Everytime I pass through Raffon Base and see them, I will say "you guys suck".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-15 16:44 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 15, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:09, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-15 10:07, Talin wrote:

A slap on the wrist from ST is a ban. If you hack they send Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to your house to rape you. And furry sex isn't a good thing. Not at all. ; ;

Speak for yourself! Some of us like teh Beasties. <3

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:24, Ryoki wrote:
Woaz! were you in the Katamari with us?
(if you weren't there, you won't get it.)

Yeah, I was there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ryoki
Nov 15, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I hate spammers, they are immature, and have nothing better to do than to annoy people. I love the shout feature, but don't use it pointlessly please! Everytime I pass through Raffon Base and see them, I will say "you guys suck".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-15 16:44 ]</font>

And i will also say you guys suck, therefore enlarging the bubble! the system works!

Ah, i'm kidding. Kind of.

________
The Creativity Movement (Formerly Known As The World Church Of The Creator) Foru (http://www.religionboard.org/creativity-movement-formerly-known-world-church-creator/)

Auronp
Nov 15, 2006, 09:00 PM
I don't see the point in doing it...especially for more than a few min. Ok yea it may be funny every now and then to shout out ITS OVER 9000!!! or something but to acctually sit at the field base for over 30 mins and spam something is pretty stupid. Hey I'm not saying you should be banned, least not forever...maybe a day or so, but really come on. We all have things we do with our circle of friends that make us laugh but how immature do you have to be to sit somewhere for hours on end doing it?

Candor
Nov 15, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-11-15 16:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:

so who's more immature, those spending their time having fun, or those spending their time trying to stop that fun, telling them they suck, and saying they should be banned. Jeez grow up.

On 2006-11-15 18:00, Auronp wrote:
We all have things we do with our circle of friends that make us laugh but how immature do you have to be to sit somewhere for hours on end doing it?

Read this again and remember that you are playing a video game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-15 18:28 ]</font>